It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any UK members have personal experiences with Muslim no go zones?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Soloprotocol

If I am wrong then I am wrong and if that be the case then fair enough as I would write a retraction (Have no written one), you need to tone down your vitriol.

Had you really wanted to correct me rather than pick a wobbly then you only had to put a direct to an official news source and we could then have all decided if we accepted the carrot on the stick eh, you might not know this but I am actually NOT a racist if that is the bucket you are putting me into in your little category tray but I do personally hate Islam as it is an abomination, I have a sister married to a former Iranian revolutionary guard who got here on a Libyan passport in the 80's and who also own's a German passport, the guy has a photo of himself with two of his comrades from the Iran/Iraq war in which the three are smiling broadly and look's like any other photo of soldiers taken in a time of happiness EXCEPT my brother in Law Javod is holding some poor guy's head in his hand by it's hair, a young Iraqi Soldier and in his other hand he has the bloody knife.

So if I do happen to have a slight suspicion of Nutters with radical Islamic background's I believe I have a very good basis to do so don't you.

Right I could not remember the boys name until your slightly uncivil comment Solo but here are some pages and yes THIS IS A RETRACTION.

*** I Was Wrong it was not honor related rather it was RACIST and it was indeed a revenge attack against a random white kid. ***

So if I did offend by my honest mistake I apologize, it was for me a half remembered case but one that at the time made my blood boil and indeed still does, these guy's should have been dropped from a gibbet.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.theguardian.com...
www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

Once again you only had to correct me in a normal manner, I always had the highest respect for you Solo and that is gone now though I still respect your political opinion.

Fair enough. I you were offended by me beging my reply with the words "utter garbage" then i can only apologise. I generally dont even look at who posts what in these forums. I just read then either react or dont bother my arse with the text. Depends how i feel on the day.
If my own Father or any member of my family had talked utter #e without checking facts as you did, i would have called him/them out just the exact same way. In fact, i probably would have went a lot further and said something like, Yer talking utter bollocks again, away and bile yer heid ya melt..

Once again, My sincerest apologies.
edit on 1-6-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

hey no need to apologise. certain agenda-led media spins on a story simply don't bear close scrutiny when compared with the actual experiences of those supposedly affected by them.

it's easy to be misled by such stuff.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
Well it seems I have been mistaken then. I would like to apologize to my British friends. I would like to thank you all for correcting me.

No need for apologies I've read about it a lot of the interwebs about the no go areas. See it like this ... there's some rough areas in New York that you'd want to stay away simply because of the trouble the area is shootings, robberies etc. There's rough areas in London but not due to muslims or religions.

Can I class my work as a no go area ... simply because I don't want to go there

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

It seems all the UK posters in here have stated there are no no-go areas here.

And in essence I'd have to agree.
However, that isn't to say that people haven't tried to enforce no-go areas for non-Muslims etc.

Those involved tend to be the plastic gangsta types who hide behind their religion in order to vindicate their self-imposed marginalisation from the society around them and their own personal failings.
Most people know them to be the arseholes they are and treat them with disdain - but they can be quite intimidating.

There have also been a handful of instances where radical Islamic activists have tried to impose no-go areas near their mosques.
These instances have received a disproportionate amount of news coverage and probably explain the mistaken assumption that there are no-go areas here in the UK.
The attempts were laughable and totally unenforceable and were met with derision from locals.

As many have previously said; of course there are areas in most UK towns and cities where you have to keep your wits about you, but its my experience that its pretty much the same the world over.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Well put

...I think we'd know immediately any 'no go zones' were actually being officially enforced by Muslims, because that would be the tipping point for the white supremacists to kick off.
I personally think some actually wish a zone would be created in order to justify their violent response.
As distasteful as it is to say, the supremacists are a line of defence which is a prevention from that, be they full on supremacists, BNP or EDL types, they would react violently to support their cause.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I heard of one instance in a town in NW England where there was an attempt to enforce a no-go area .

The realities of the situation were promptly made clear to those responsible.

There hasn't been a repeat.

A satisfactory outcome for the vast majority of people who live in and around the area.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
I'm easy with any beliefs and cultures if they don't harm me or others, but if any street in my area was made a no go zone by a minority group, I'd be joining my mates and every other bloke to show them that ain't how it works.
Heck if the Romanians tried it they'd get a shock, never mind a religious group.
Ain't gonna happen.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
snip
edit on 2/6/2017 by Jokatgulm because: please delete

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Looked for recent news mentioning Eastgate Street and found this.

www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk...

Sex offenders and dangerous drivers are among those who have applied to be taxi drivers in Gloucestershire.

Among the previous convictions revealed through the Disclosure and Barring Service for people applying for taxi licences were eight convictions for indecent assault, including seven on girls aged under 16, as well as one applicant who had been convicted of intercourse with a girl aged under 13.

. . .

Hussain Vorajee, from City Cars in Eastgate Street, said background checks for taxi drivers need to go further than DBS reviews.

He said: "The council need to do a lot more checks than the DBS. People just come through the system and seem to pass, but they could have had issues back in their country."

Hussain Vorajee

edit on 2 6 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

edit on 2 6 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Fair is fair Solo, I was not completely spotless in my own opinion's so despite my earlier annoyance it is gone and past now.

We are a multicultural society and that is a permanent fact of life now and anyway before everyone was pointing there finger at one group they were pointing it at another, Even here in the north west there was generations of strife between Protestants including Anglican's and Catholic's, thankfully that seem's a thing of the past now but it is and will always be easier for the simple minded to blame people they can categorize and see as different to themselves, currently it is the Islamophobia.

Like I say I don't like Islam BECAUSE my own belief's and values are often opposed but I have to say I do not hate Islamic people based simply on there faith, many of them are good and decent people and many are bad, nasty or simply misguided people but of course the same can be said or us or of any community.

My argument has always been when in Rome.

I was watching the News and one of the surgeons whom worked trying to save the kid's at the suicide bombing in Manchester was a young man, a local Muslim himself with a child of his own, he was almost in tears and described the injury's as like a war zone, how they had to stabilize those children and many of them are facing years of surgery ahead of them, how he held his own son when he got home after seeing so many other children so injured.

From his perspective HE could not believe anyone could do that in the name of the same religion he follow's and he was not one of those insincere apologists we often see but genuine, He is a prime example of the Good and Decent and I would trust him with my own life even if I would never accept his religion, his interpretation of it is the all important part and it is a far more human approach.

This may seem off subject but I also remember a miracle which happened several years ago in Egypt were there were vision's of the Virgin Mary at Coptic site's, one of the apparitions was also seen by many Muslim's and a blind old Muslim man in the crowd had his sight restored in a miracle event, before the recent atrocity by Extremist's with there extreme interpretation of there religion there was also an event following another atrocity against Coptic's in which a massacre happened in a church, the following mass was protected by MUSLIM's whom stood holding hand's and forming a human chain around the church to protect there christian brothers and neighbor's.

We all live on a tiny planet orbiting a tiny sun which is less than a grain of sand in a universe so very vast yet we find way's to hate and kill one another constantly and to my own eminent shame I too am guilty of this but when all is said and done there is only one human race on this planet, we are all really just one family but what a bad family.

edit on 2-6-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I often agree with things you write but Muslim no go zones do exist. This has nothing to do with EDL or any other their sources but the fact that I know many places myself that are in these conditions, I live in the UK. Some of these communities by houses together to house more family members to create streets of Muslims that all keep together, some use their status as Muslim to get council houses and do the same. Once this happens and its happening all over the UK, they then generate hate in these little communities and lash out at those passing through their areas. This happens, I have seen it happen.

So please do not pretend this is all false because you wish to think its not happening because it is, Britain is currently doing nothing to protect itself and its sovereign heritage.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

So which places can I not go through?

I think you're confusing "no go zones" with "not-a-good-idea-to-go-there zones".

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Haha brilliant!
Yes, I know plenty of not-a-good-idea-to-go-there zones if you are not known to the community, and they are all white/Christian/no faith places.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I've seen the same with people who aren't religious, but are extremely cliquey. Its the whole "outsiders" mentality, regardless of religion, colour or anything else. It happens all over the place.

Still, they're not "no go zones"

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
there is a doco with a young English girl in a place called luton. she was non biased when investigating this area yet she was threatened by muslims calling her a whore whilst they were protesting carrying placards saying police must die so there must be issues in these areas and what about the Pakistani muslims trafficking out young English girls 13 !

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: babalon1971

Sorry, but what's that got to do with so called no go zones?

Are you trying to say Luton is a no go zone?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Someone tried to tell me that there were Muslim no go zones in the USA. I told them, to tell me where they are. I'm not rich so would require room and board. I'll drive there, set up an canvas and grill and draw Mohammed as I cook and eat BLTs. Nothing will happen to me.

I have a feeling it's a little bit like that in the UK.

The Manchester bombing like a lot of terror attacks are random and hard to predict. A Terrorist can strike anywhere anytime. There is no way to stop all mentally Ill people. Just because a Terrorist attacks doesn't mean there is a lapse in security. It's not a matter of if but when.

Any tough guys in the UK want to debunk no go zones? I'll say it again, there are no Muslim no go zones in the US. Please tell me where you think they are and I'll go and personally debunk them. Promise.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
Well it seems I have been mistaken then. I would like to apologize to my British friends. I would like to thank you all for correcting me.

Kudos to you, bro! Now, ask yourself why you've been fed this fantasy. Who is spinning this web of lies, and what is their end game? You've actually hit a watershed point and it's time to engage the critical thinking!

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Probably the safest Place I ever lived in Glasgow was about 75% Muslim.

The only no go areas were certain pubs during an old firm game.

I have worked as a bouncer in Glasgow, to pay for my food during my studies.
One evening I was called on urgent basis to work at the door of a pub, during a Rangers - Celtics game (somewhere in the center).
Memorable evening I can tell you.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Yes, no -go zones exist, I am not sure where the "fake news" claims are coming from - or getting at.

In watching americans discuss the subject, I get the feeling they might not be referring to the same concept we in europe are when we speak of "no-go zones".

To try to clear it up, that doesn't refer to areas which have legally or officially been declared off limits to the police, or under any other legal jurisdiction.

It refers to what americans would usually call "ghettos" which are dangerous neighborhoods. Some ghettos in America have a majority of certain groups of people - black, latino, asian, white, etc...

In France, a "ghetto" has a different appearence, so the word feels slightly misleading to me. They are almost always state paid housing, and in very good shape. There isn't that run-down neighborhood feel to them. In this country, the majority of these state funded housing tracts are inhabited by arab speaking people. From Algeria and Morocco for the most part, and of second or third generation immigrants (people born here).

There just hasn't been much incidence of other immigrants forming such concentrated communities here- lots of immigrants from Italy, Spain, Portugal simply integrate the french communities. So that means most people will think arab speaking peoples (many muslim) when you mention the no-go zones.

We were being harrassed, attacked violently and our home vandalized by a group from a nearby state funded housing tract, and though the police came out many times, they said they couldn't help us because the perpetrators lived in that housing tract, and they couldn't take the risk to go in there- it was too dangerous for them.

Now, that doesn't mean the law forbid them from going in, it means that when they would drive in, bottles and rocks would rain down from the upper floors upon their car (and them, if they tried to get out of it). The police department cannot force them to put their life in danger against their will, legally- no employer has that right.

I've known many people who lived in these neighborhoods, and they live in danger and fear. They are victims of the gangs and the extremists who search to seduce and indoctrinate their children.

To deny that these areas exist, and the dangers within them leaves those people at their mercy, and their children destined for terrorism.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join