It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any UK members have personal experiences with Muslim no go zones?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

a reply to: Kandinsky

It's always debatable and people always have the conversation after serious incidents.

I guess that's the British way of answering questions.

As opposed to what???

I've recently become acquainted with the term 'mansplain'. In a subsequent conversation with an Anishnaabe pal of mine, I used the phrase 'whitesplain', and he seemed ok with it. Now, I think we have to accept an action we might call 'Amerisplain', in which we are expected to sit back and absorb the wonders of all that which is American (whether we like it or not).

I'm not American.

Surprise me all to hell! My apologies.
I suggest that you join, though. You'd ace all the tests.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I know you have armed police, but they have to be called in. ALL of your police need to be armed though, not just the specialized ones that are called in for hostage situations or when a terrorist strikes. The guys patrolling the streets or responding to domestic calls should always have the quickest and most efficient way of defending themselves, out of respect man.

It is just outright silly and disrespectful when half a dozen unarmed cops have to counter a blade wielding maniac with a dumpster.

I don't see how this is relevant to the topic at hand

It is a direct response to your post.

The UK has done fine without Armed police and the majority of police in the UK dont want to be armed either.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I wish.

I still have much work to do in my homeland. Perhaps you'll see the effects of it in your life time.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: crazyewok
You rally against people you feel are reluctant to give up the lie about no go zones, but you feed the lie that America is full of poor Black people.

While it is true that Black people have an increased risk of being poor in America, that does not translate into "the US is full of poor Black people". Nor does it mean that the majority of Black people in America live in ghettos, wear their pants around their ankles, are members of BLM, and speak in Ebonics.

Yet this is the lie that is continually perpetuated. Just like the lie of no go zones.

You want to stop one lie? It is easier if you don't have to pick sides and just stop all the lies.

The basic numbers don’t change when we look at people living in extreme poverty, in households making less than 50 percent of the meager poverty line. Of the 20 million people who live at this alarming level of want and deprivation, about 42 percent are white, 27 percent black. These data have political implications that racial stereotyping usually shroud from public view. Many white people who don’t live anywhere near poverty, even many who consider themselves liberal, think blacks compose most of the poor. Large numbers of these white Americans feel no emotional connection to the problems poor people face. They perceive poverty as a problem of some other community, not their own. If those white Americans who felt this way actually had to confront the demographic reality of poverty, if they came to understand that white people make up the single largest group of the poor, how white America thinks about poverty and policy might start changing. Well-meaning white Americans have for decades been aware that black people face the risk of poverty than whites. But “poverty,” we all need to understand, is more and different than “race.”

Poverty More than a Matter of Black and White

Bollocks.

You have entire decaying cities filled with uneducated poverty stricken blacks.
Detriot, oakland ect speak for themselves.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Anyone else find it really funny that the OP started this racist thread (let's call it what it is) and yet nobody has so far came out with anything about a real no go zone.

What is he going to put in this new thread
Muslims are a race?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1

Anyone else find it really funny that the OP started this racist thread (let's call it what it is) and yet nobody has so far came out with anything about a real no go zone.

Muslims are a race?

Under UK law religious discrimination along with discrimination against nationality (including traveling communities) is treated under race laws. In the UK it's perfectly normal to say it's a race issue,we view race as much more than the colour of skin.

And this is a thread about a uk issue
edit on 31-5-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Muslims are a race?

Of course not, but the British state saw fit to pretend it is one. It does not matter that the faith spans all races, even if I t is far more racist to pretend they are a race.
edit on 31-5-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

None in my home town city of Manchester and surrounding North West areas

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Muslims are a race?

Of course not, but the British state saw fit to pretend it is one. It does not matter that the faith spans all races, even if I t is far more racist to pretend they are a race.

It's British law.

It's not pretence.

Can't help but feel like you are trying to hate on the UK at any opportunity you can even if it's off topic because so far all of the UK members have said these no go zones are a myth

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Muslims are a race?

It's British law.

It's not pretence.

Good thing you weren't around when Alan Turing was forced into hormone treatment for homosexuality. Hey, it was British Law.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Muslims are a race?

It's British law.

It's not pretence.

Good thing you weren't around when Alan Turing was forced into hormone treatment for homosexuality. Hey, it was British Law.

And there you go again hating on the uk just for the sake of it, really do you just not like the British??

Do you know the British government have since pardoned him and issued a full apology.

But this thread is about no go areas in the uk run by Muslims, not historical treatment of homosexuals.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
But do the majority really want to remain unarmed?? The only sources I find on this are eleven years old from 2006. Whereas more recent opinion polls of the citizens seem to want them all armed. (2015)
80% of Britons want all police armed with guns to tackle ISIS threat, poll finds.

Perhaps it is time for a new national dialogue on the matter??
edit on 5-31-2017 by worldstarcountry because: whoops

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

And there you go again hating on the uk just for the sake of it, really do you just not like the British??

Do you know the British government have since pardoned him and issued a full apology.

But this thread is about no go areas in the uk run by Muslims, not historical treatment of homosexuals.

I was only pointing out the absurd argument that because something is law it is right.

I have nothing against the British. I have no time for the state-sponsored euphemism and political correctness plaguing a once enlightened culture.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Th last time the police were asked 80% said they do not want guns, I would note that was after the 7/7 attacks

The police federation have recently announced they are going to ask their members the question again

The issue of armed police however has nothing to do with the myth of the no go zones

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I was only pointing out the absurd argument that because something is law it is right.

I have nothing against the British. I have no time for the state-sponsored euphemism and political correctness plaguing a once enlightened culture.

So by your logic if I can just argue that it was not murder because the definition of murder is wrong from my point of view..

You can disagree with it all you want but the law is the law, in the UK we regard race to include faith, nationality and culture. That is a fact, does not mater what you think of it

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Routinely arming the police is not something the British people want.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

So by your logic if I can just argue that it was not murder because the definition of murder is wrong from my point of view..

You can disagree with it all you want but the law is the law, in the UK we regard race to include faith, nationality and culture. That is a fact, does not mater what you think of it

Uh, no. That's not my logic.

It is also a fact the idea that a religion or nation is a race, especially when that religion or nation is multi-racial, is complete nonsense, and it does not matter what you think about it.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Uh, no. That's not my logic.

It is also a fact the idea that a religion or nation is a race, especially when that religion or nation is multi-racial, is complete nonsense, and it does not matter what you think about it.

Again you might disagree it but that is the fact of the matter

If you came over hear and called me a Jewish Scottish c**t, you could expect to be charged under race laws, with out mentioning the colour of my skin. Doesn't matter if you agree with that definition or not.

Am pretty confident most racists probably don't like the legal definitions.

However I think we are kind of digressing.

The idea of no go Muslim controlled areas in the uk is a myth

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Again you might disagree it but that is the fact of the matter

If you came over hear and called me a Jewish Scottish c**t, you could expect to be charged under race laws, with out mentioning the colour of my skin. Doesn't matter if you agree with that definition or not.

Am pretty confident most racists probably don't like the legal definitions.

However I think we are kind of digressing.

The idea of no go Muslim controlled areas in the uk is a myth

It just proves how thin-skinned the political class has deemed the British people in Britain. So thin-skinned and scared of words that you need the nanny state to protect you from them. Meanwhile a radical Islamic terrorist can wave an ISIS flag from his balcony without repercussion.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I agree there are not any no-go zones.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join