It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any UK members have personal experiences with Muslim no go zones?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I haven't been onto Manchester centre recently, did they have troops or was it London only?

Troops were mostly deployed to nuclear plants and other areas like that to free up armed cops for more public areas. There were some troops kicking about in public but not many, some reports of special forces assisting with arrests in Manchester though

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Think we are currently sitting at 100% of UK members posting confirming they don't exist.

Anyone want to take a bet we still get a thread about UK no go zones.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin some of the arrests were close to where I live. I can see the value of some backup when making arrests of potential terrorists. One of our offices is opposite the station so they were all deployed at out offices for a few days. O

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
Might make a nice change from the trump v obama/clinton threads.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Iv'e lived in England all my life (31 years) and never seen any Muslim no go zones although there are no go zones in some northern cities though they are not Muslim, more on the lines of scrawny white/black chav scroats and junkies in run down council estates, unless your unfortunate enough to live there you have no business being there.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Think we are currently sitting at 100% of UK members posting confirming they don't exist.

Yup I am starting to worry now about what the OP will put into his next islamophobic thread

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Anyone else find it really funny that the OP started this racist thread (let's call it what it is) and yet nobody has so far came out with anything about a real no go zone.

What is he going to put in this new thread

I find it common behaviour among some on this site—it's also sad because many of these people are old enough to know better. Most Americans are cool but, with a population of over 300 million, you will find *millions* who are just got damn racist, bigoted, ignorant, and just plain stupid.

I encourage the OP to travel. Most Americans live and die without ever seeing the world—USG data shows most do not even have a valid passport. They don't travel and rely on the internet to form an impression of the world and this is why many have a distorted and twisted world-view.
edit on 31-5-2017 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

I agree, I've been in bars in the M.E. with guys in full white robes watching the football, drinking beer and smoking cigars.
Once you see different cultures, you see that we are all just the same and there's nutters in all cultures also.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have to say, the most intimidated I've felt in any culture in the world was in the U.S.

My friend took me downtown Detroit and that place was the worst poverty I've seen anywhere and I've been in some rough places in the world.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

That's because it's Detroit.

There's a reason it's (semi)jokingly compared to Fallujah and the War of the Worlds.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: starwarsisreal

They don't exist, they are a myth.....

There are some areas that are "no go zones' .....

Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

onestly the only difference I noticed was armed cops at every train station

Ahh, armed cops. So the UK became America for a few days. I can't understand the reluctance of arming the police to do their job out there. Makes no sense to me.

The police are hired to confront threats to the commencement of commerce and general public order. How can they do that effectively when confronting armed assailants and having to wait for armed backup while their untimely demise is mere seconds away??

All police should be armed at all times everywhere they go. Some may call that a police state, I call it an orderly one.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

We do have armed police.....

They combat armed threats highly effectively.

If required we also have the ability to call on special forces

I don't see how this is relevant to the topic at hand
edit on 31-5-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I know you have armed police, but they have to be called in. ALL of your police need to be armed though, not just the specialized ones that are called in for hostage situations or when a terrorist strikes. The guys patrolling the streets or responding to domestic calls should always have the quickest and most efficient way of defending themselves, out of respect man.

It is just outright silly and disrespectful when half a dozen unarmed cops have to counter a blade wielding maniac with a dumpster.

I don't see how this is relevant to the topic at hand

It is a direct response to your post.
edit on 5-31-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I haven't been onto Manchester centre recently, did they have troops or was it London only?

I was in Manchester on Sunday for the Great Manchester run and didn't see any armed police and no soldiers at all.

You mentioned Rusholme? It's certainly got a solid Muslim population. Madrassas on every other street and the shops are all catering to Asian tastes. I wouldn't describe it as a no go zone though.

Further afield, I'm in Bolton, Bury and Blackburn quite often and, same again, large Muslim populated areas and haven't seen a no go zone.

Young lads are the greatest risk to normal folk. They might be white, brown or black, but those are the ones to be cautious about. Poor areas anywhere in the world. It's always the young lads who carry the weapons and know how to ruin your day for no good reason. Where I live, it'll be white youths. Friends live in Oxford (Blackbird Leys) and their risk would be black and mixed youths. Up in Glasgow? White youths. Mates in Manchester? Mixed groups. Toxteth is mainly black youths whereas Croxteth is white youths.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: starwarsisreal

A young scot's teenage boy was abducted by several Scot's Pakistani's as he was dating a teenage ethnic Pakistani girl up in Glasgow, he was knifed and dumped out of the car, so called honor killing related incident as they did not want him dating there girl.

Utter garbage.. Kris was not murdered because he was dating a Ethnic pakistani girl. Nothing could be further from the truth.
The killers went hunting for some guys who attacked them in a nightclub the previous evening. Unfortunately for Kris he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

edit on 31-5-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
i have not experienced such a place myself. but i don't get out much.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

It's a culture thing. We don't have the death penalty and we don't have an armed police force. It's a serious event when an officer is allowed to discharge their firearm and that's the way we like it.

It works for us like your culture works for you.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It's a culture thing. We don't have the death penalty and we don't have an armed police force. It's a serious event when an officer is allowed to discharge their firearm and that's the way we like it.

It works for us like your culture works for you.

In the attack on the British parliament a couple months ago, where a Muslim terrorist mowed down tourists with his car, there was a police officer stabbed to death on parliament grounds. Was the idea of an armed police force debated after that attack?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Yup I am starting to worry now about what the OP will put into his next islamophobic thread

He might try a different country with less ATS members to point out the nonsense.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join