It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conor mcgregor vs floyd mayweather . bad fight for floyd

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

You could be correct, but it also sounds like you're going all over the place to hang on to the idea that boxer cardio beats MMA. Nothing wrong with that either as we all have some things we stick to. High end MMA fights are 5x5mins of rolling, kicks and strikes and heavy on the gas tanks. Is boxing more high energy than that? Less? Sort of similar? Still, we've all seen high energy boxing and MMA battles when the fighters left everything in the ring (blood and tears too). Plus we've seen those fights with minimal significant strikes and fighters who walk out with barely a bead of sweat.

Nah, I'm just saying that boxing cardio beats MMA cardio in a boxing match. Professional boxers have to work their way up to 12 round fights specifically because of this issue. Just as I'd expect a boxer to have problems w/cardio in a 25min grappling match, I expect MMA guys to have cardio issues in a 36min boxing match. Even when Anderson "Spider" Silva fought his 2 professional boxing matches, those fights were only scheduled for 6 rounds and he wasn't even fighting top level opponents.

They're the fights I wish I'd never wasted time on. This one will have to be special to live up to all the soap opera BS of the build-up. Conor's apparently been saying he'll be best pound-for-pound boxer if he wins. What a stupid thing to say out loud.

I'm expecting a lot of showboating and Mayweather antics, like talking to the commentators while fighting or taunting Conor's family while fighting like he did with Berto's girlfriend. Like this:

I'd love to see them just stand in the middle of the ring and swing until someone falls, but I'm expecting Floyd to "point fight" for a few rounds, keep landing body shots, and then slowly turn the pressure up until Conor folds.
edit on 26-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: added video clips

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Food is definitely a better choice. But be honest, you still want to see the freakshow don't you?

That's what's eating at me. I don't really care for either guy so I'll relish either one's fall if it's epic. But if I had to choose, I'd prefer Floyd win over Conor. I'm tired of Conor's refusal to defend his belt. Dude has won 4 belts in his professional MMA career (5 if you count the interim featherweight belt) but has zero title defenses. He even got stripped of the 145lb belt in the UFC because he wouldn't defend it. What kind of champ never defends his/her belt?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Jay-morris
WOW! Sorry, I did not realise you had the power to predict how exciting is going to be!

It's a Mason thing.

It seems only the Conor haters and boxing fans are the ones going over the top on bow bad Conor will be.

Mind you, haters have been doing that with every fight Conor has had!

I just don't dislike McSilly, I don't like Mayweather either. They're both crappy people.

Can you name one top line boxer that has lost a boxing match to an MMA practitioner? This 'match' is so far outside McCregor's skill set it's not even funny. When's the last time he knocked anyone out using boxing gloves of this size? When's the last time he boxed?

You see, all of these aspects, and more, are not in his skill set, Mayweather is on home turf, so to speak, and is not needing to do anything more than he did against world class boxers like Canelo, De La Hoya and Pacquiao. McGregor wouldn't have had a chance versus any of them.

But hey, have fun wasting your money.

You still have not answered my questions, and I am begining to think you never will.

Please tell me why Conor is a crappy person? Cannot wait to read your reply lol

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I'm expecting a lot of showboating and Mayweather antics, like talking to the commentators while fighting or taunting Conor's family while fighting like he did with Berto's girlfriend. I'd love to see them just stand in the middle of the ring and swing until someone falls, but I'm expecting Floyd to "point fight" for a few rounds, keep landing body shots, and then slowly turn the pressure up until Conor folds.

That's what I'm expecting to happen too. What I'm hoping will happen is for CM to bulldoze Mayweather's ring IQ like Tyson did with Spinks.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Food is definitely a better choice. But be honest, you still want to see the freakshow don't you?

From a train wreck perspective? Yeah. But I'm not willing to pay for it.

If my buddy who's hosting the party gets it I'll watch but he's a notoriously stingy bastard so I'm expecting the guests will have to drunkenly recreate the fight in his back yard.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Because he acts like a giant douche wad.

If there was a way for them to both break each others faces open in this match simultaneously, I would pay. But there isn't, so I wont.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I don't know, man. If Conor wins, his fans will be insufferable & I doubt he'd return to MMA. I'm admittedly a fan of Jose Aldo, so Conor's disrespect of him & the favelas, and then his knockout of Aldo made me pretty bitter towards him. I can respect his hustle and his ability, but I've rooted against him ever since.

From a train wreck perspective? Yeah. But I'm not willing to pay for it.

If my buddy who's hosting the party gets it I'll watch but he's a notoriously stingy bastard so I'm expecting the guests will have to drunkenly recreate the fight in his back yard.

LOL Yeah, I meant from a trainwreck perspective. I think the kid in me is hoping for some wild Wrestlemania stuff
. But I still haven't convinced myself to pay for it.
edit on 26-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Because he acts like a giant douche wad.

If there was a way for them to both break each others faces open in this match simultaneously, I would pay. But there isn't, so I wont.

So, you think this is how Conor acts in teal life lol listen to what ufc fighters say about him, even also. He is a completely different person off camera. Many fighters have said how quiet and respectful he is.

But he is a clever man. If her acted like most other ufc fighters, he would be struggling to make money. Read what other fighters have said about the little money they get from fighting.

So, how does that make him a crappy person? Because he knew how to make money?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

LOL Yeah, I meant from a trainwreck perspective. I think the kid in me is hoping for some wild Wrestlemania stuff
. But I still haven't convinced myself to pay for it.

Like a tag team match? That would get my interest. Conor could tag out for Larry Merchant so he can try and exact some revenge and show Mayweather that he in fact knows s*** about boxing.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

So, you think this is how Conor acts in teal life lol listen to what ufc fighters say about him, even also. He is a completely different person off camera. Many fighters have said how quiet and respectful he is.

So? His douche clown public persona is the only one I see. I don't care if he was Father Freaking McGillicutty off camera.

Here, let me sum it up in an easy to understand analogy.

This fight is the equivalent of Trump versus Hillary, both awful and you pray to Merciful Cthulhu that he comes and eats them both.

edit on 26-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

So? His douche clown public persona is the only one I see. I don't care if he was Father Freaking McGillicutty off camera.

So, is an actor a crappy person in real life if he is playing a bad person in a film?

Seriously! You haters crack me up! lol

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

So, is an actor a crappy person in real life if he is playing a bad person in a film?

Conor isn't an actor, he's a douche.

And I'm glad I can make you laugh.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

He's an adrenaline and $$$ junkie. UFC won't be the same without him and he's never going to last long in boxing. I see him staying in UFC and setting high goals to keep the ADHD at bay lol. I like the guy even if he sometimes makes a coffee ring look deep. And Aldo? Should have been a rematch but that KO probably ruined his confidence.

To be honest, my heart isn't into UFC after Jones was talking about a Lesnar fight and people were thinking, "Hmmmm..." Should have been a unanimous GTFO and a statement from UFC saying he'll never fight again. Ironic that this level of 'anything that sells' will keep the door open for Jones himself. Crazy.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I think after this week...Jones is pretty much done.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Conor isn't an actor, he's a douche.

And I'm glad I can make you laugh.

What part of actor do you not understand!?

Okay. I will break it down for you nice and easy!

People who know Conor have said he is a completely different person off camera.

Fighters who he has fought, and not fought have said he is a completely different person off camera.

He is clever because acting like this has made him very rich, and popular, to the point that haters are just obsessed with him as the Conor lovers.

You can see videos of him outside the build up to a fight and see what he is like.

After every fight , he always has respect for his opponent. If you think that makes him a douche, then that is up to you.

But, please do not say he is not acting, when evidence points, that he clearly is!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

I think after this week...Jones is pretty much done.

You'd honestly hope so. Bisping and guys like Cormier have their careers contorted by the cheaters. They piss hot and keep coming back and getting big money fights. Business first and sport second.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Actors play a fictional role for a living.

McDouche is portraying his asshole public persona as a choice. He could choose not to be an asshole, but he doesn't.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Actors play a fictional role for a living.

McDouche is portraying his asshole public persona as a choice. He could choose not to be an asshole, but he doesn't.

LOL Of course it is for a living! Do you think he would be this successful if he did not?

Seriously! I would just stop now!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He is doing it as a choice, he's got a finite career and needs to make as much money as he can while he's going. Being an arrogant, materialistic dick will always generate more interest from the casual fans than being the nice guy and at this point there's a lot of people paying just to see him lose, can understand people not wanting to buy into it and being annoyed by it though.

In reality he does a huge amount for charity quietly and by most accounts he's a very humble and warm hearted dude.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

LOL Of course it is for a living! Do you think he would be this successful if he did not?

Seriously! I would just stop now!

Really? You need to have a douche nozzle public persona to be successful in MMA? Last time I looked the Gracies were pretty much low key and classy and they would all eat his obnoxious ass for breakfast.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join