It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conor mcgregor vs floyd mayweather . bad fight for floyd

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
first dana white has said he and conor have agreed to negotiate but it likely will not happen in september. i think conor has a fight in the works for ufc and of course thats the main thing dana is concerned about.

this is a bad fight for floyd mayweather. not because i think conor is going to get him. i think floyd wins this fight 9 out of 10 times. thats why its a bad fight for him though. on the off chance conor gets him. thats going to be bad for floyd especially with as much # as conor talks.

i think the odds are going to be like 20-1 against conor. its a win/win for conor.
first, the payday is going to be huge.
if conor loses(which i would put money on) then its no big deal cause thats what i think most people expect.
but if he pulls it off.......# man. he will be the biggest star on the planet.

i just dont see conor taking it. floyd is a master of that philly shell and he is a master of defensive fighting and just not being there when the punch comes.....49-0 i mean come on.
good fight for conor and a bad fight for floyd.

having said all that even though i do not like conor(which is unfortunate because i wish i could get behind him being an irishman and all) if this fight happens i want him to pull it off. not for him but to help to solidify mma as legit in the eyes of those who still think boxing is supreme.
i just dont see it hapening

mma rules conor wins 9 out of 10
boxing rules floyd takes it 9 out of 10. thats my opinion

now having said all that i wish conor would just tone down the trash talking a bit and get to work on his ground game. conor is stupid weak on the ground. has ground and pound down(sort of) but his submissions and transitions are for #.

personally i would love to see conor devote some hardcore training in bjj and then fight maybe eddie bravo in an mma rules match.
i would much rather see that than conor vs floyd.

# i would rather see nate diaz vs conor 3.
one of my personal rules is if nate or nick is fighting my money goes on them.
they talk trash too but conor takes it to another level and i really dont like it

i know its all about the entertainment and thats what fans want to see and it makes money. cant argue that but i have been a fan of mma since its inception. i just am not into the loud mouths for the most part
conor has won by submission only once. has been tapped 3 times.

13 wins by tko
2 decsions

i just dont think he is as great as everyone thinks he is.
maybe its just me but i just dont see it.

anyway, those are my rambling thought.

what do you think of conor in general and the possible fight with floyd?

i wish kron gracie would not have signed with rizin federation cause i would have liked to see him come in and tool conor a bit as well

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Conner going to gas out vs mayweather. Prob get ko'd.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

Conner going to gas out vs mayweather. Prob get ko'd.

likely.

much more interested in conor vs kron.

kron would get him down and just tool him like he was a baby

same goes for eddie

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Conor is out of his league. Mayweather would not jeopardize his legacy losing to an MMA fighter. He's too smart and calculated.

This is all about the $$$

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Mayweather is a boxer. We can probably assume that his fighting skills outside of that narrow discipline arent very good. He would win a boxing match. He loses any kind of full fight against McGregor.

Theres probably 10-15 angles with 6-7 other striking points that boxers dont train against. (Not including ground game fighting) Which is not to say boxers cant be very difficult to fight against. Just that on that level having an incomplete approach to martial arts usually means you lose.

edit on 17-5-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Here's how the fight will go.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
its a win/win for conor.

Not if he gets knocked out early, then he looks like a glass-jawed chump.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Gracies brought mma to u.s. basically. Ju-jitsu at least. Won the first few tournaments when mma started in the 90's

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Mayweather is a boxer. We can probably assume that his fighting skills outside of that narrow discipline arent very good. He would win a boxing match. He loses any kind of full fight against McGregor.

i know.
thats why i said the same thing

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Yep...Conner fighting boxing rules can only be money...i didlike Mayweather more, i would prefer mma rules, even then Mayweathers amazing skills could win.

It should be mma for a real match

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

its a win/win for conor.

Not if he gets knocked out early, then he looks like a glass-jawed chump.

even then its a win cause nobody really expects him to win a boxing match against one of the best of all time anwway.
if he gets punked by floyd it will be passed of by he and dana as thats what was expected but conor as heart and blah blah and wanted to test his skills against the best boxer even though he is not a boxer.
and he will walk out with a hundred milli

idream, i know that.
royce won 1, 2, and 4. was trained for those fights by rickson.

back to kron for a sec

you know he has been rolling with rickson since before he can walk.
trains with rickson still and jake shields, nick and nate diaz and rolls with eddie bravo from time to time.

thats the fight i want to see

i think a lot of things will have to work out contract wise for the floyd vs conor fight to happen but i think it just might. end of year maybe start of next.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Thats about right

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

even then its a win cause nobody really expects him to win a boxing match against one of the best of all time anwway.

People are expecting him to do more than show up and cash a pay check. If he gets dropped in 1 or 2 he looks like a tomato can.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

In what dimension are you living in, for mcgregor to beat mayweather 1 in 10 boxing matches ?? , your talking arguably the best boxer in history getting beat by a guy who wouldn't beat national champions

This is the easiest 100 million to be made in the world for Mayweather it will be an exhibition guard less spar for him

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: pirhanna

Yep...Conner fighting boxing rules can only be money...i didlike Mayweather more, i would prefer mma rules, even then Mayweathers amazing skills could win.

It should be mma for a real match

please.
i will admit that floyd has a very small chance at winning ma rules cause conors stupid weak on the ground and i dont think his takedowns are that great but floyd i would assume has zero takedown defense or zero ground game so him winning mma rules is not likely....of course he could catch conor on the way in but if conor sneaks in and clinches its over.

i just think conor is going to throw and floyd is not going to be there. as per usual

i have a small interest in seeing them fight boxing rules and zero interest in them fighting mma rules

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Connor is too unpredictable for Mayweather. Floyd will run for 2 rounds and then he will get put to sleep.

Also, Alverez beat the crap out of Mayweather. Anywhere other than Vegas and Canillo would've took the title.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

People are expecting him to do more than show up and cash a pay check. If he gets dropped in 1 or 2 he looks like a tomato can.

eh
maybe hardcore conor fanboys that dont really know whit about what theyre looking at but like to drink beer and watch the ring girls. they may be expecting him to come in and do something but i think anyone who has a serious interest in the game and particularly people who have fought before in some capacity dont expect much of anything.
i know i dont

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: theruthlessone

In what dimension are you living in, for mcgregor to beat mayweather 1 in 10 boxing matches ?? , your talking arguably the best boxer in history getting beat by a guy who wouldn't beat national champions

This is the easiest 100 million to be made in the world for Mayweather it will be an exhibition guard less spar for him

anything can happen once.
there is nothing that cant be done.
conor beating floyd is not likely though

stand by my 1 out of 10

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

That's the thing though, the expectation is that he is going to lose, it is just a matter of what round he gets his ass handed to him. If he manages to go deep then it's more of a win for him than Mayweather. If he gets clubbed early it makes him look like a bigger jackass than he already is.

What's next? Klitschko versus Thunderlips?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Connor is too unpredictable for Mayweather. Floyd will run for 2 rounds and then he will get put to sleep.

Also, Alverez beat the crap out of Mayweather. Anywhere other than Vegas and Canillo would've took the title.

cant wait to throw this back in your face
thanks for giving your opinion though. its yours and its valid i just dont agree

hope i can rub this in at some point

conor has never fought anyone that covers like floyd either
people that are good at the shell are no joke man

<<   2  3  4 >>

join