It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conor mcgregor vs floyd mayweather . bad fight for floyd

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I think the cardio issue may be more about "specialized cardio" (yes, I made that phrase up). What I mean is that the cardio needed to grapple for 36min is different from the cardio needed to punch, bounce, keep the hands up, and get punched for 36 min.

You could be correct, but it also sounds like you're going all over the place to hang on to the idea that boxer cardio beats MMA. Nothing wrong with that either as we all have some things we stick to. High end MMA fights are 5x5mins of rolling, kicks and strikes and heavy on the gas tanks. Is boxing more high energy than that? Less? Sort of similar? Still, we've all seen high energy boxing and MMA battles when the fighters left everything in the ring (blood and tears too). Plus we've seen those fights with minimal significant strikes and fighters who walk out with barely a bead of sweat.

They're the fights I wish I'd never wasted time on. This one will have to be special to live up to all the soap opera BS of the build-up. Conor's apparently been saying he'll be best pound-for-pound boxer if he wins. What a stupid thing to say out loud.

a reply to: Domo1

It's like the only thing going against DJ is his size. He always sounds like a great guy and nobody around him has negatives to bring. Now I can add you to the pile of positives too. The only negatives I see are when Dana doesn't sell him and blames it on lack of interest...cart before the horse. That and the assholes in the MMA forums who refuse to give him or his weight category any credit. Armchair heroes who only worship heavyweight brawlers.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

demetrious is awesome. would have been cool to meet him

matt hume is the prize though

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It's like the only thing going against DJ is his size. He always sounds like a great guy and nobody around him has negatives to bring. Now I can add you to the pile of positives too. The only negatives I see are when Dana doesn't sell him and blames it on lack of interest...cart before the horse. That and the assholes in the MMA forums who refuse to give him or his weight category any credit. Armchair heroes who only worship heavyweight brawlers.

Want to be clear that I don't know him at all. Just observed how he treated other people in the gym. He wasn't there to show off, he was there to work hard, and just always seemed like a nice dude and would hang out with the "old timers" between workouts.

When I first started there, I didn't remember how to wrap my hands (it had been AWHILE) and I'm betting if I had walked up to him (you know how you can tell when someone has talent and knows what they're doing) without knowing who he was he would have helped me out. I'm thinking I should go back, but I got a little busy with other stuff. Can't recommend that gym enough. If you needed a hand, someone would help you out and it didn't matter if they were in a basic class or a pro. I just railed against people advertising, but I feel like I've been around long enough to plug them without looking like a bot account.

His size is unfortunate in that people don't care about that weight class, but I think Dana is doing the sport a disservice by not promoting it. The guy is so technical. I could work on one thing every day for years and not be able to pull it off like he does.

The only MMA stuff I look at on occasion is Reddit, and he's pretty well respected.

I think he's a legit good guy, I know he works his ass off, and have a TON of respect for him. Favorite thing about him is that I don't think he's doing it for money or accolades, he's doing it because he loves the sport. Tons of heart, and him and Matt Hume have a pretty awesome backstory.

He should be a household name, but size. I'd personally rather watch a good fight between two smaller guys than a crap show like McGregor and Maywether.

I sound like a huge fanboi. I guess I am. I wouldn't know as much about the guy if he was in another state, or if I hadn't seen him at AMC, but the guy deserves a TON of respect. He works his ass off, loves his wife, and loves his kids.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

one of the first things i did when i got fight pass was watch all his fights.
i love him. follow him in insta what up.

he is so fast and precise.
people just dont dig dudes that small.

he seems like a cool dude though. big game. always posts clips in insta of he and his kids dueling with light sabres.

matt hume puts out quality fighters. well rounded and grounded.

matt hume is the one that went over and trained the shiek and his combat team

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
But this glorified exhibition match is a blatant money grab.

Which is why I'm going to a BBQ instead. They have enough money, they don't need mine.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
But this glorified exhibition match is a blatant money grab.

Which is why I'm going to a BBQ instead. They have enough money, they don't need mine.

You really think Floyd is okay with 49-1 instead of 50-0? Of course this is a real fight. Floyd has a lot to lose, more than Conor.

It will be a great fight I believe

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
You really think Floyd is okay with 49-1 instead of 50-0? Of course this is a real fight. Floyd has a lot to lose, more than Conor.

McGregor has as much chance of beating Mayweather as I do getting struck by lighting in a shark's mouth while winning the Powerball.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

DJ is a friggin beast. Would much rather watch a technical, intelligent and strategic fast paced fight at a lower weight class than 2 heavyweights mindlessly throwing haymakers and gassing in 30 seconds.

He should get way more promo than he does, he carries himself like a champion and always puts on an amazing show.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

His size is unfortunate in that people don't care about that weight class, but I think Dana is doing the sport a disservice by not promoting it. The guy is so technical. I could work on one thing every day for years and not be able to pull it off like he does.

Did you know DJ started paying someone to promote his fights because the UFC weren't doing it? He was in some interview ages back talking about how UFC promoted one of his recent fights with TWO FB posts. He's about to break UFC history for title defences and UFC would prefer someone else to have the honour. Like you, I see him in the same light as Mo Farah. Both are very humble and top of their games; quiet family men who seem like decent guys.

It's often said that most fight fans are after seeing KOs and blood and I reckon there's truth in that. Smaller fighters don't bring as much visceral *BOOM* as someone like Velasquez or the Diaz bros. It's still good to watch the technical fighters so long as they don't go Benson Henderson and take the fight out of the fight.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

McGregor has as much chance of beating Mayweather as I do getting struck by lighting in a shark's mouth while winning the Powerball.

That is nonsense! Of course Conor has a chance, no matter how slim that chance is. Conor is an exceptional striker, with a powerful hand. He has a very high fighter IQ. The accuracy in his punching is fantastic. He has confidence and heart.

Go say he has no chance is silly. Floyd is only human. He is 41, and not had a fight in over two years.

I am not saying Conor will win, but he is more chance than a lot of people think.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Go say he has no chance is silly.

I didn't say he had no chance, I gave you the odds.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Yeah, and those odds are silly. What are the bets the same people saying the same silly things will say Conor only won because Floyd is old if Conor does actually win the fight.

Why not try and argue the points I made?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Yeah, and those odds are silly.

Exactly. And McGregor is a silly, silly man if he thinks he can win.

What are the bets the same people saying the same silly things will say Conor only won because Floyd is old if Conor does actually win the fight.

What points? There are no points to argue, this is a blatant money-grab and anyone who thinks this is going to come anything close to Mayweather's previous bouts like Canelo or De La Hoya are just as silly as Mr. Silly McSillyface.

I'd rather watch Rocky, Balboa has a better chance of beating Apollo Creed even though we already know how it ends.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Ok,this is getting tough to handle,the waiting I mean.

I sooo want to see this happen.

IMHO both mens egos will bring out the beasts in them....and they will throw down hard and heavy.....I agree with those who feel this is a sham and a money pump by both men,one getting his final payday and one growing himself out of the grasp of MMAs managers,this is also about trying to save boxing period,but in my gut I think both men are self-made ego-maniacs and when you do that for a living you eventually buy into your own hype....and become a self-prescribed God to yourself and this is why I believe both men will not be able to help themselves when they do battle,both men will fall back into themselves and end up going for the win.

IMHO calling the exact engame..... Conor is going to shiver Floyds liver and end the fight very very early.....its hard to hit that little head like everyone trys to do.....its wayyyy easier to shiver his liver.

edit on 26-8-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Yeah, and those odds are silly.

Exactly. And McGregor is a silly, silly man if he thinks he can win.

What are the bets the same people saying the same silly things will say Conor only won because Floyd is old if Conor does actually win the fight.

What points? There are no points to argue, this is a blatant money-grab and anyone who thinks this is going to come anything close to Mayweather's previous bouts like Canelo or De La Hoya are just as silly as Mr. Silly McSillyface.

I'd rather watch Rocky, Balboa has a better chance of beating Apollo Creed even though we already know how it ends.

WOW! Sorry, I did not realise you had the power to predict how exciting is going to be!

I made good points, obviously you cannot answer, but I thought as much.

Diaz spares with some of the best boxers in the world. Everyone said with a camp, Conor would not touch him, and looked what happened in that fight.

Chris Eubank has said Conor has a good chance at knocking Floyd out, and goes in depth why.

It seems only the Conor haters and boxing fans are the ones going over the top on bow bad Conor will be.

Mind you, haters have been doing that with every fight Conor has had!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

(post by Nyaghogghua removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

WOW! Sorry, I did not realise you had the power to predict how exciting is going to be!

It's a Mason thing.

It seems only the Conor haters and boxing fans are the ones going over the top on bow bad Conor will be.

Mind you, haters have been doing that with every fight Conor has had!

I just don't dislike McSilly, I don't like Mayweather either. They're both crappy people.

Can you name one top line boxer that has lost a boxing match to an MMA practitioner? This 'match' is so far outside McCregor's skill set it's not even funny. When's the last time he knocked anyone out using boxing gloves of this size? When's the last time he boxed?

You see, all of these aspects, and more, are not in his skill set, Mayweather is on home turf, so to speak, and is not needing to do anything more than he did against world class boxers like Canelo, De La Hoya and Pacquiao. McGregor wouldn't have had a chance versus any of them.

But hey, have fun wasting your money.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyaghogghua
Go Conor Mcgregor!

If Conor was smart he would go to his hotel room and not come out until after the fight.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Removed a quote of a removed post. By staff.

Once Floyd aggressively attacked and disrespected an Announcing ICON and LEGEND who was a SENIOR.....I have been waiting for someone to open up a big can of Favre beans to serve up to him along with his own liver....he is a real life POS.....www.youtube.com...

I cannot wait for Conor to give that little squats liver a "fair shake" and Floyd better be wearing some x-small Depends under his trunks because hes going to need them.

www.youtube.com...

Y'all pick on an old man?.....No Women-----No Children----No Old Men........full stop......I hope Conor rectifies Floyds chronic disrespect for his fellow human being.
edit on 8/26/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join