It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conor mcgregor vs floyd mayweather . bad fight for floyd

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
He is doing it as a choice...

Exactly. And I choose to dislike him because of his asshole-ish personality.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

No, he really doesn't have a chance. Do you think the Flat Earth Theory, the Mandella Effect, and Jackalopes are real? Because, you know, there's a chance?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Damn, in a moment of weakness, I ordered the fight.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Jay-morris
LOL Of course it is for a living! Do you think he would be this successful if he did not?

Seriously! I would just stop now!

Really? You need to have a douche nozzle public persona to be successful in MMA? Last time I looked the Gracies were pretty much low key and classy and they would all eat his obnoxious ass for breakfast.

Seriously! How deluded are you? How many ufc fighters have made enough money to live of for the rest of their lives?

Now, Conor could have gone down that road, and struggled, like most ufc fighters. He chose to be different, and now he is a multi millionaire. He set out yo do that, and he done it.

No way would he have done that as a normal quiet fighter. You have Conor lovers watching him, you have Conor haters watching him. In fact, Conor haters are most prob more obsessed with him than the Conor haters.

Outside of fighting he is quiet, respectful and humble. But just like muhammed all, he knew how to make money, to do the talk, the trash talk, along with being a good fighter.

So, you are wrong again! If Conor was not acting the way he does, he would not be half as popular. The haters would not be obsessed with him , and pay just to watch him lose. He would not have such a big following.

Another thing about Conor, is he will fight anyone. He was one of the most active fighters in the ufc before floyd.

But haters are delusional about the man, but hey, they make him popular, so he does not care.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

No, he really doesn't have a chance. Do you think the Flat Earth Theory, the Mandella Effect, and Jackalopes are real? Because, you know, there's a chance?

Again rubbish! Conor is a top striker, so of course he has a chance. Like i said before, I think Floyd will win, but all these people, most of them most probably clueless about the sport, are going so over the top with how he has no chance.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You must be rolling in the money to blow it on such a farce.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Clueless about boxing? Dude, that is my sport. I know what I am talking about.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You must be rolling in the money to blow it on such a farce.

My hand slipped and hit the wrong remote button - that's my excuse. Worse ... it's not on till between 4am or 5am here.
I guess if I think of it as just WWE like entertainment, it might be fun to watch.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Well I hope it turns out to be worth it for you. If you want to see McGregor get punished, it may be worth the money for you.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Again rubbish! Conor is a top striker, so of course he has a chance. Like i said before, I think Floyd will win, but all these people, most of them most probably clueless about the sport, are going so over the top with how he has no chance.

Top striker? Is that an MMA term?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Clueless about boxing? Dude, that is my sport. I know what I am talking about.

My sport is mma and boxing, as i have done both! Like I said, I am not saying Conor is going to win. I think Floyd will, but I believe it will not be as easy as people think.

I may be wrong, and I will be the first one to come back to this thread and say I was wrong. No problem with that.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

He is a top striker in mma, one of the best. It is not just his power, but his precision and fighting IQ. That is why i believe it will not be as easy as some people think.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

He is a top striker in mma, one of the best. It is not just his power, but his precision and fighting IQ. That is why i believe it will not be as easy as some people think.

"Precision beats power, timing beats speed"

Language warning: The red egg delivering his message on behalf of the MMA community.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

"Precision beats power, timing beats speed"

Language warning: The red egg delivering his message on behalf of the MMA community.

Cheers for the video. Like i said, I think Floyd will win, but being someone who was a boxer, and trained in various martial arts, I feel it is stupid saying that Conor has no chance.

Floyd has brittle hands
Last knockout was ricky Hatton
He is 41
Has not had a fight in over two years

I believe Conor will go all out the first 5 rounds. That will be his chance. I do not think he will out box Floyd, that is not going to happen. If Conor is going to do something, it needs to be early.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

LOL Of course it is for a living! Do you think he would be this successful if he did not?

Really? You need to have a douche nozzle public persona to be successful in MMA? Last time I looked the Gracies were pretty much low key and classy and they would all eat his obnoxious ass for breakfast.

You kinda do need to have a 'douche nozzle' persona to be successful in MMA if we're defining 'success' as earnings. In the Top 10 of earners, five have been busted for cheating which is pretty douchey. McGregor's the best # talker of them all and has earned more than anyone despite only fighting at the top level for three years. Link.

Evans and GSP are the only two nice guys in the 10 who haven't done the # talk or used drugs. Hendo's not bad either depending on how you regard his TRT exemption.

Arguably, CM wouldn't have had the massive push from Zuffa/Dana if he hadn't gone nuclear with the attitude and # talking. Wolf tickets. I think CM is a special talent and has warranted a lot of the UFC support, but he didn't fight a decent guy until Mendes because he was given a fair wind by the UFC.

$$$$$ 'Get the money. Dollar dollar bills y'all.' $$$$$

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

You kinda do need to have a 'douche nozzle' persona to be successful in MMA if we're defining 'success' as earnings. In the Top 10 of earners, five have been busted for cheating which is pretty douchey. McGregor's the best # talker of them all and has earned more than anyone despite only fighting at the top level for three years. Link.

Evans and GSP are the only two nice guys in the 10 who haven't done the # talk or used drugs. Hendo's not bad either depending on how you regard his TRT exemption.

Arguably, CM wouldn't have had the massive push from Zuffa/Dana if he hadn't gone nuclear with the attitude and # talking. Wolf tickets. I think CM is a special talent and has warranted a lot of the UFC support, but he didn't fight a decent guy until Mendes because he was given a fair wind by the UFC.

Someone who understands!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Someone who understands!

I've only been following UFC since 2012 which is long enough to have seen the meteoric rise of McGregor and # talking as a way to get fights. Diaz bros, Sonnen and Bisping had it down, but CM went next level and got all the backing off Dana imo. Face fits etc.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Hey, why'd you capitalize "Conor" but put "Floyd" and "Muhammad Ali" in lowercase letters?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Hey, why'd you capitalize "Conor" but put "Floyd" and "Muhammad Ali" in lowercase letters?

When you type a name, it automatically changes the first letter to high cap. I just type, I don't know. Does not mean I respect Conor more than Floyd or Ali, considering Ali is one of my fav boxers.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I was mostly joking. That guy is Tyron Woodley, the undisputed 170lb UFC champ. He's one of the few MMA fighters who openly talks about racial issues & politics in a serious way (He's from Ferguson, Missouri). And predictably, he's gotten a lot of hate for it. So his gifs are kind of like a meme now to point out any perceived slight that may have even a 1% chance of being about race (I'm still a fan though).

I also used that gif as a subtle dig at Conor because it looked like Conor and Woodley would be the next fight for Conor before the Floyd fight materialized. They even had a semi-tense staredown backstage before UFC 205 where Conor won the 155lb belt & Woodley defended the 170lb belt in a draw.

Ironically, Conor didn't bring his 145lb belt to the fight so he only received the new 155lb belt at that event. But since everyone wanted the photo-op of him with 2 belts, Woodley let him borrow his belt for the pics.

ETA: Here's a better video w/way more stuff between the 2. Like I said, it looked like they were setting up that fight next, especially since conor got in 2 fights at 170lbs as a test.

edit on 26-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join