It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, Donald Trump is not beating Hillary Clinton in the popular vote

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Explain to me why it matters. She lost the election, explain how winning the popular vote matters...

Again...why do you ask this???

It obviously mattered enough for Trump supporters to issue a fake news story and an OP to be made on ATS selling the lie that he also won the popular vote and then for dozens and dozens of Trump supporters staring and flaging that fake claim and then those same supporters defending the lie with more BS..

So I can ask you...why does it matter? Cuz Trump supporters are going to great lengths to try and deny it with fake news sites, twitter posts, OPs etc...so the fact he lost the popular vote obviously matters a whole effen lot to them.

All this OP did was point out the actual truth and numbers to debunk a political lie and propaganda ..and that POs you?

BS...
edit on 15-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: Snippythehorse
Figures ive seen say trump won the pop vote and the electoral college....check yer sources

Stop spreading lie. You can vote for Trump. He won the electoral college. Just stop spreading lies.

Truth matters.

Truth matters, yes.

As in:
- not lying about having classified information on your server
- not lying to the FBI about it
- not lying to Congress under oath about it
- not lying to the American public

Truth matters - Deny ignorance...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Just more Camp Crooked bought and paid for liberal media fabricated propaganda.

Trump 2016! Its going to be great. You can't stop it. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I absolutely agree that the real question here is WHY the alt-right feels a need to lie about this.... Let's ponder.

By not winning the popular vote, Trump is unable to genuinely say "the people have spoken", because THEY DID, but not for him. He still has yet to win over the people. It validates protests. It means he was beat by a woman in a vote by the people. Lots of reasons I can think of for alt-right to lie...

And of course, losing the "popular" vote is going to bother anyone who suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Losing the popular vote is a pretty significant symbolic failure. It's difficult to brag too much about winning when you don't win the popular vote.

So far Trump lost the popular vote by a few hundred thousand votes worse than George W Bush. Bush lost by ~550,000 votes. Trump lost by ~800,000 votes. Not exactly greatness.

edit on 15-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

You hit the nail on the head. Especially since every other form of vote fraud can't be tabulated.

Illegal Immigrants Cast More Than 3 Million Ballots

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: raymundoko

Explain to me why it matters. She lost the election, explain how winning the popular vote matters...

Again...why do you ask this???

It obviously mattered enough for Trump supporters to issue a fake news story and an OP to be made on ATS selling the lie that he also won the popular vote and then for dozens and dozens of Trump supporters staring and flaging that fake claim and then those same supporters defending the lie with more BS..

So I can ask you...why does it matter? Cuz Trump supporters are going to great lengths to try and deny it with fake news sites, twitter posts, OPs etc...so the fact he lost the popular vote obviously matters a whole effen lot to them.

All this OP did was point out the actual truth and numbers to debunk a political lie and propaganda ..and that POs you?

BS...

Yeah -- but it's not like this is a rampant mistruth or misinformation that is being bandied about in the media. It's a thread on ATS and a few other places saying he won the popular vote. It's not as if the entire country is being so misinformed that the truth must be revealed.

Like I said, I read, see, and here news stories every day in which it is being said that Ms. Clinton will almost certainly be the leader in the popular vote when all votes are tallied. It's not as if the bulk of the people of this country are being told otherwise, and the truth needs to be heard.

So, yeah -- she got the popular vote but not the electoral vote. But that happens sometimes, as it did four other times in the past. This will be the fifth time.

But whether we like Trump or not (and I don't), there are valid reasons for the electoral college, mainly so big states don't have too much power in electing a president. Equity of states power (big states v. little states) is a big deal in our form of government.

We aren't just one country but a union of 50 states, and states' power matter -- and the constitution is specifically written to have little states, if at all possible, to matter as much as a big state.

By the way, did you know that as the constitution was originally written, ONLY members of the House of Representatives were chosen by popular vote? The framers of the constitution also had it so U.S. Senators are chosen by state legislatures rather than by popular vote. It wasn't until 1913 that senators were elected directly by the people. And (as we are discussing) the framers of the constitution did not want the President to be decided directly by the people, so that's where the electoral college comes from.

The consensus of the framers of the constitution was to partially restrict the voting power of the populace in favor of having the populace vote for a representation of that populace (Electoral College, House of Reps, State Legislatures, etc.), and have most of the voting power reside in those representatives of the people.

That's why it is said that the U.S. is a Republic and not a true Democracy. A Republic is representational democracy, where the decision powers reside in the representatives of the people -- not the people themselves....

...So the people don't vote for the President. They instead vote for representatives (the Electoral College) who then vote for President. It's the same with laws; the people don't vote laws up or down -- they vote for representatives (U.S. Congress) who then vote on those laws.

And another "by the way"...Just because I dislike Mr. Trump doesn't mean I'm ready to throw the electoral college out the window. That would be, as they say, tossing out the baby with the bath water. I still feel the electoral college is important in keeping the proper balance of power among the 50 states in the Union. Like I said, states' powers are an important aspect of our country, and the "Republic/Representational democracy" aspect is important too.

edit on 2016-11-15 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I guess if we're posting numbers on who actually won the popular vote...I'll put in my source. I posted this on another thread...

Trump wins pop vote

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
site glitch post
edit on 15-11-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Sigh, really!? You still can't understand the electoral college? He won more electoral votes, so he won. There's a reason we have an electoral process so the weight of choosing a government isn't just given to the most populous NY area and California and is equalized among states.

If you can't handle the outcome of the vote, I hear there are some universities are offering counseling and primal scream sessions.

Otherwise get back to positive endeavors and not this #He'sNotMyPresident waste of time. Trump is the President, so get used to it, and wipe your tears away and get back to doing something positive with your life instead of helping globalist George Soros to destabilize our nation. Otherwise you'll be added to the terrorist watch list when MoveOn.org is designated a terrorist group for organizing these violent rallies.

originally posted by: Hr2burn
I guess if we're posting numbers on who actually won the popular vote...I'll put in my source. I posted this on another thread...

Trump wins pop vote

Yes. Trump is the president. These nut jobs questioning this or thinking they can get the electoral votes switched are mentally unstable.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Tech glitch produced dbl post

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I absolutely agree that the real question here is WHY the alt-right feels a need to lie about this.... Let's ponder.

By not winning the popular vote, Trump is unable to genuinely say "the people have spoken", because THEY DID, but not for him. He still has yet to win over the people. It validates protests. It means he was beat by a woman in a vote by the people. Lots of reasons I can think of for alt-right to lie...

And of course, losing the "popular" vote is going to bother anyone who suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Losing the popular vote is a pretty significant symbolic failure. It's difficult to brag too much about winning when you don't win the popular vote.

So far Trump lost the popular vote by a few hundred thousand votes worse than George W Bush. Bush lost by ~550,000 votes. Trump lost by ~800,000 votes. Not exactly greatness.

You remind me of UNC/Duke fans after one of their teams lose to each other. Accept your loss.

Saying Donald Trump is hurt because he lost the popular vote when he won the most powerful position in the world is idiotic. But I guess we have to look at who is posting this.

*The man had the MSM against him
* Most newspapers against him
* All the rinos/rep against him
*Democrats against him
*Most movie/pop stars against him
*Every sjw liberal againist him

You thought he would never win in a million years and it has upset you.

I understand you got your feelings hurts. The man fought against ALL odds and won..

Hillary had everything on her side, she was Goliath and Trump David. Despite all that he won the Presidency..

The more you keep on about this the more it smells of sour grapes. Its been a whole week get over it.

Seek counseling if you must!!!

Every time you post I picture Eric Cartman in that WOW episode sitting on his fat @ss while power leveling his WOW toon..

Except its you spending hours at your pc worried about Trump winning trying to grasp at any moral victory you can.

You and indigo5 and the rest should get a (Trump won, how to get over it coping group) going over Skype. Im sure if you all combine your brains you can find ways to move on..

Take your loss and go do something productive because all the butt-hurt in the world is not gonna change who sits in the oval office..

edit on 15-11-2016 by robynd0623 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
All you need to know is:

o Presidential Candidates knew the rules, and what the Constitution has established by Law what is needed to be elected POTUS. Hence, our Founding Fathers' were genius to make sure each State was fairly represented.

o Trump w/MI has won 306 electoral votes. Clinton has won 232. In order to be elected POTUS by law, a minimum of 270 electoral votes. Trump Wins!

o 50 States voted. Trump won 30 States that is 60%, Clinton 20 States that is 40%. Trump Wins!

o Popular vote is interesting, but the major metropolitan centers on each coast is where the bulk of the citizens live. If that was the Law in order to Win being POTUS, then each candidate would have undoubtably campaigned differently.

So, Let's stop the bickering. Simple understanding of our laws ends the argument. Donald J. Trump will be the 45th President of the United States of America.

Sincerely,
Cheers

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Ah.....COOL!! I see you picked this one up and ran with it. GOOD FOR YOU, man!

Thanks

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

You obviously couldn't explain the electorate vote in a educated discussion

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The alt-right doesn't feel a need, one guy on a forum felt the need

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Trump didn't lose, he won

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Except it isn't bald truth, or balding truth or even extremely hairy truth.

Obama is not Kenyan, nor Maxist nor Muslim - all demonstrable facts.

Oh I know, just saying you know he isn't these things is a fact because you know it has to be true. Just like the entire left laughed and "knew for a fact" that Trump could never win the presidency, because they just know these things. We see this kind of blanket acceptance of their chosen ones all the time, but even more so with Obama who's first action when he stepped into the White House was to hire Van Jones, a self admitted communist and avowed Marxist, who immediately made some very damning remarks about how he feels about America, so Obama took him out of the spotlight, but not off the payroll still to this day, and then they all came out of the closet and one Obama appointee said on national news she "looks up to Karl Marx as a role model and mentor. You should be trying to convince THEM, not me.

And Obama's own people and family members say he is from Kenya. First, Grandma Obama said she saw with her own eyes the birth of baby Barack Obama in Kenya.

Then, a Nigerian newspaper described Obama as ”born in Kenya.”

Next, in a speech in Denver in 2008, Michelle Obama referred to Kenya as her husband’s “home country.”

Then, National Public Radio in 2008 referred to then-Senator Obama as “Kenyan-born” and a “son of Africa.”

Next we have a Kenyan government official, Minister of Lands and member of Parliament James Orengo declaring to Kenya’s parliament in March 2010 that Obama was born in Africa and is therefore “not even a native American.”

I personally don't care where he was born, or even that he is a Marxist, but it isn't me that needs convincing of your belief, it's everyone associated with Obama especially his family.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Whet kind of personality disorder is it when Hillary supporters have to cancel school exams to curl up into fetal position and cry then over their candidate losing? How about Hikkary herself going into a violent rage and going off on her staff? She was reportedly drunk and heavily sedated to control her tantrums. What kind of people protest a candidate by taking over a highway and getting people hit by cars ?
dennismichaellynch.com...
The MSM doesn't want to report the truth
As far as the majority vote it was t that wide of a margin and I believe they are still counting votes. We know there was massive voter fraud sooooo you might want to rethink your position.
edit on 15-11-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
dp
edit on 15-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21533726]Soylent Green Is People

Yeah -- but .....

Lord, I hate it when my teen-age son starts sentences that way. Own your own sh*&...call people out on their BS..but don't excuse one with the other.

Like I said, I read, see, and here news stories every day in which it is being said that Ms. Clinton will almost certainly be the leader in the popular vote when all votes are tallied.

That wasn't constructed BS..THAT actually hurt her turn-out because people assumed she had it covered and skipped voting.

That was the death of land-line surveys...suffering for the past few years and now completely useless..PLUS local newspapers that would have reported the discontent in rural America...Newspapers in this country have been purged by the internet and digital media....BUT none of that was some pimple faced racist kid with a hard-on for trump creating a fake news story and then the entire right wing running with it as gospel.

Truth matters.

So, yeah -- she got the popular vote but not the electoral vote.

Glad to see folks acknowledge reality.

But that happens sometimes, as it did four other times in the past. This will be the fifth time.

Right. It was a compromise in the constitution between allowing congress to choose a President and allowing the population to choose a president.

Sidenote: My G-Grandfather was an elector from an east coast state that elected both Teddy Roosevelt 01 and WH Taft 09. I have pics of him in a smoke filled room with his arm around both respectively and a fat cigar in hand.

But whether we like Trump or not (and I don't), there are valid reasons for the electoral college, mainly so big states don't have too much power in electing a president. Equity of states power (big states v. little states) is a big deal in our form of government.

Sure..we treasure democracy, but ..""I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Republic isn't the word I ponder there...it is "indivisible"..

We aren't just one country but a union of 50 states, and states' power matter -- and the constitution is specifically written to have little states, if at all possible, to matter as much as a big state.

Not "matter as much" as big states...but not tread upon either..People count.

By the way, did you know that as the constitution was originally written, ONLY members of the House of Representatives were chosen by popular vote? The framers of the constitution also had it so U.S. Senators are chosen by state legislatures rather than by popular vote. It wasn't until 1913 that senators were elected directly by the people. And (as we are discussing) the framers of the constitution did not want the President to be decided directly by the people, so that's where the electoral college comes from.

Right..In a time where politicians often thought the commoner unable to make good choices.

The consensus of the framers of the constitution was to partially restrict the voting power of the populace in favor of having the populace vote for a representation of that populace (Electoral College, House of Reps, State Legislatures, etc.), and have most of the voting power reside in those representatives of the people.

part true...It was not a consensus, but rather a compromise between two very opposed views about the peoples wisdom.

...Skipping some of your post here but appreciate your knowledge base around the constitution and electoral college.

And another "by the way"...Just because I dislike Mr. Trump doesn't mean I'm ready to throw the electoral college out the window. That would be, as they say, tossing out the baby with the bath water. I still feel the electoral college is important in keeping the proper balance of power among the 50 states in the Union. Like I said, states' powers are an important aspect of our country, and the "Republic/Representational democracy" aspect is important too.

Hmm...Here is a weird fact..Prior to the results of the 2000 Pres. election, both Bush and Gore knew it was going to be razor thin (as it proved to be). BOTH assembled teams dedicated to soliciting "faithless electors" in case they lost the electoral college but won the popular vote. Both considered it fair game and planned on the same...Gore opted not to contest despite winning the popular vote.

Or 1976..

In 1976, Jimmy Carter won a razor-thin victory over Gerald Ford.

A change in just over 5,000 votes in Ohio and 3,000 votes in Hawaii would have given the election to Ford with 270 electoral votes.

Testifying to a Senate committee in the aftermath of the election, GOP Vice-Presidential nominee Bob Dole indicated the Ford-Dole campaign was actively seeking to influence Democrat electors to switch to their ticket.

"We were shopping -- not shopping, excuse me -- looking around for electors," Dole said. "It just seems to me that the temptation is there for that elector in a very tight race to really negotiate quite a bunch."

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join