It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, Donald Trump is not beating Hillary Clinton in the popular vote

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Well said.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Indigo5

The OP said that losing the popular vote affects the legitimacy of Trumps win.

Just re-read the OP...He said no such thing.

Your long winded and empty post did nothing to answer my question, it contributed zero.

Your question is BS...Answer my question and I will answer yours...When did you stop beating your wife?

I want the OP to explain how losing the popular vote but winning the electoral college calls into question the legitimacy of the outcome.

I want you to quote exactly where he claimed "losing the popular vote but winning the electoral college calls into question the legitimacy of the outcome."

BS...and it's not like people can't read the OP...He said the Alt-Right created a fake news story BECAUSE they didn't want anyone questioning the legitimacy of Trump's win...Which is a FACT...they did...for exactly that purpose...That thread is now in the hoax bin.

HE didn't declare that the outcome was illegitimate...Trump supporters inferred the same in trying to propagandize and lie about the fact.

Your question is BS...Your claim that he said in the OP the outcome was illegitamte because HRC won the popular vote is a lie and utter BS...

Feel free to continue with some kind of personal attack...but I will wait for an actual quote from the OP as you claimed...ya know..reality and truth.

...real easy...the OP is on page one...Quote where he said the outcome was illegitimate because Trump lost the popular vote? ...then explain to me why Trump supporters felt compelled to lie and say he won the Popular vote?

edit on 16-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21536059]Soylent Green Is People

My point is that your argument seems to be a strawman - i.e., you are shouting on high for all to hear that The "shocking truth" is that Ms. Clinton actually won the popular vote, while I'm saying that nobody (except for a few radicals right-wingers -- but nobody that matters) is claiming otherwise.

Maybe you are missing the context of this thread.

It was in response to a fake news story that was near ubiquitously shared in right wing media and on twitter...then it arrived here on ATS where it immediately garnered 80+ flags and stars by Trump supporters who vehemently defended it as truth while attacking anyone that questioned the fake news story from a fake news site. Many of the same posters on this thread attacking reality.
It finally landed in the hoax bin.

This thread was a response to that thread.
See here:
Trump Won Both Popular ( 62.9 M -62.2 M ) And Electoral College Votes ( 306-232)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It just seems to me that you are vociferously arguing a "truth" that is not being disputed by most people in the world.

We have a President elect who spent 5 years claiming our current President was born in Kenya and inferred that the father of one of his competitors for the GOP nomination worked with Lee Harvey Oswald to kill Kennedy....and his supporters "vociferously argued" he was telling the truth.

Now more than ever...Deny Ignorance.

The reality is that he is the President-elect of the U.S., and will be my President whether I like him or not.

Agreed..and all Presidents, Ideologies, Policies, Decisions and movements deserve intense public scrutiny and to be challenged in a factual way and every American should feel compelled to do exactly that.

edit on 16-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Now that the rise has changed and you don't have the advantage anymore?
Just remember this is your side of the deal
www.infowars.com...
edit on 16-11-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Sorry you can't read. This seems to be a running theme for you.

They don't want you questioning Donald's legitimacy no matter what.

By not winning the popular vote, Trump is unable to genuinely say "the people have spoken", because THEY DID, but not for him. He still has yet to win over the people. It validates protests. It means he was beat by a woman in a vote by the people.

And as it turns out... Most of the voters against him also.

Lol... Landslide minus winning over the people and failing to win the popular vote... a bigger loss than GWB in 2000.

If you don't see that the OP is obviously questioning the legitimacy of Donald's win then I don't know how to have a discussion with someone so dense.

Blow harder at the keyboard next time. Maybe let the OP respond to the question before coming off as nothing more than a vapid poster.
edit on 16-11-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

I see just skimming through that some members are in complete denial of this reality.

Such a shame.

So ----- I say, how about we start keeping track of the promises Trump breaks between now and inauguration?

He's already talking about keeping the good parts Obamacara, not ripping it up.
Oh - and also --- I heard today some science about climate change and how the wet areas will be wetter, and the dry areas hotter and dryer. So - all those good GOP Trump red-hatted farmers and ranchers will be in real hell in about, oh.....two more years. Their aquifer is already depleted. We have too much water in my region ---- so we get flooding.....

Anyway - all the farmers just voted for a guy who wants to end the 'supplements' that small farmers get. You all realize that, right? No....he's going to let Monsanto and whoever GMO giant to just snap up all of those little farms, raze the place from the mountains of the West to the Missouri river on the east......

NO MORE FAMILY FARMS.

NO SUBSIDIES FOR TRYING.

NO HELP WITH WATER BILLS.

Just a corporate monstrosity plowing our fields planting their poisonous seeds, spraying every bee in the 200 miles radius into extinction, and fertilize with BRAWNDO.

But you all don't get that. Just like you don't get NPR.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, ATS.

I just figured that out myself. Prediction? No. Simple math. Hotter globe + dryer dry parts - regulations - subsidies = well, pretty much toast.

No more grocery store nonGMO food. No more cautious labeling of ingredients or government oversight of farms and ranches, processing plants and offal disposal.

I toured a sugar-beet plant in Billings MT six years ago. I mean with the assistant plant manager, into the bowels of a beast that would make a Fan-Freaking-Tastic movie set for a horror film. Dark, moldy, rusted, dripping, smelly, slick-puddled and derelict.....all except for where the people were. But the sugar beets - they dump them from on top of the elevator into a giant sluice, and they go through this muck and then into a bath of lime and then are cooked to the temperature of the sun under gigantic furnaces that resemble crematoriums, then into tanks for purificiation, and blah blah and all that. The high-tech stuff is just at the end, and then it gets packaged in a sanitary room by a robot, with people in masks and scrubs sorting out the mistakes. Incredible.

When I asked how this is allowed to stay open, we were told that the inspectors were bribed to keep their mouths shut.
True story. I will never buy grocery-store white sugar again....but many will. And that will be all we have.

Just thinking out loud. Totally off-topic I guess.....

but, no.

Trump DID NOT win the popular vote, and as his promises begin to be shown as bullcrap political braggery, so soon already (!!!) you all are going to be limping for a long, long time. You were never in danger of losing your guns.....

but now you will lose your Social Security and your Medicare, too. No requirements for teacher education and licensure. Nope! Any Joe Exotic can hang out a shingle that says "TEECHR" and people can take their kids to his class.

eegads, this is dreadful. I'm not worried about my own survival, but you all have got what you asked for ----- just remember that.

edit on 11/16/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Well that was a whole lot of fail on your part..

Most of that wasn't in the OP at all as you claimed..

And none of it says that his win was "illegitimate" as you claimed he said.

He is citing reality...Such as ...Trump not winning the popular vote and his supporters creating fake news saying he did.

The explanation for why they feel compelled to do that is what?...

I think Spiritual Zombie very accurately explained that as well..

THAT is the irony here that you fail to acknowledge.

It is Trumps own supporters who have communicated that his failure to win the popular vote spoke to him not legitimately winning...thus their fake news story and the thread that followed on ATS which is now in the hoax bin.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Now that the rise has changed and you don't have the advantage anymore?
Just remember this is your side of the deal
www.infowars.com...

WTF are you talking about?

Infowars is trash. I've made that very clear. You all are suckers, and I don't know what you are talking about the "advantage".

My side of what deal?
I didn't make any deal. And I do NOT read infowars. Infowars is WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE and this site.

BTW: Your delusion is showing.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Who cares the election is over. Time to spread positives, unite our people, and move on.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

I just checked, and YES she is STILL wining the popular vote.....just google

Who won the popular vote 2016.....like I just did at 4:10 pm pacific time!!!!

You are WRONG!!!

I think what we are seeing here is an OP who perhaps wanted to have a discussion contrasting how the electoral college does not reflect the popular vote. Instead he got mocked by a pair poor winners. you know who you are you had the option to be gracious winners or to taunt some one. YOu choose taunting.

It is normal after elections for people to discuss what might have been. there is no need to be snippy with the guy contrasting popular vs electoral votes. As stated, it does not matter for this election, so WHY are you angry.

As a principle does the constitution says al men are equal. His point is ALL votes are not.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB

originally posted by: kurthall

I just checked, and YES she is STILL wining the popular vote.....just google

Who won the popular vote 2016.....like I just did at 4:10 pm pacific time!!!!

You are WRONG!!!

I think what we are seeing here is an OP who perhaps wanted to have a discussion contrasting how the electoral college does not reflect the popular vote. Instead he got mocked by a pair poor winners. you know who you are you had the option to be gracious winners or to taunt some one. YOu choose taunting.

It is normal after elections for people to discuss what might have been. there is no need to be snippy with the guy contrasting popular vs electoral votes. As stated, it does not matter for this election, so WHY are you angry.

As a principle does the constitution says al men are equal. His point is ALL votes are not.

Thanks rob. Star for you.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SmilingROB

Really the point was just to correct the record because there had been a HOAX thread stating the opposite getting too much attention. The hoax has since been properly filed as such.

So this thread is just for truth to prevail, but also to ask why the need for a lie? I find the fact that we saw so much denial and deflection in this thread and a total hoax being pushed in another thread worthy of examination and discussion.

edit on 16-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So more lies by the right, but all they have is more excuses, and liberals are bad.

Liberals are so powerfull there making right wings idiots lie.
edit on 16-11-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
So more lies by the right, but all they have is more excuses, and liberals are bad.

Too broad a generalization from you. It's losers and winners. Hillary lost, Trump won. Sore losers are not handling it well, hence this thread and all the riots. Guess the losers were hoping to get a participation trophy, but then they realized they were an adult now. Still they stomped their feet and cried and started fires and threw bottles at police.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

I'd say the winners are not handling it well if they feel a need to spread false information and lies regarding who won the popular vote.

Pointing out a lie is not being a sore loser.

I believe the lie was pushed intentionally to silence and confuse discussion on who won the popular vote to shore up support for Trump and have his supporters parrot these lies to break apart truth and scatter it. I believe the alt-right consider lies and misinformation vital to their success.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Of course Hillary is beating Trump in the popular vote. After all, all of the dead people who voted, voted for her. Along with all the illegals and the ones who cast multiple ballots. Yet she still got her clock cleaned. Oh the humanity....

BTW, I didn't vote for Trump but I'm really sick and tired of the fear mongering and hysterics by the HRC crowd. It's enough to make me change my vote if I could - because I am sickened by what crybabies and sore losers the Dems are. Oh yeah, and giant ass hypocrites, can't forget that one!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Is your brain OK? This is directly from the OP. The rest is from posts by the OP Author in this same thread which show the author feels that way.

The only one failing is you. It's sad really.
edit on 16-11-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Too broad a generalization from you. It's losers and winners. Hillary lost, Trump won. Sore losers are not handling it well, hence this thread and all the riots. Guess the losers were hoping to get a participation trophy, but then they realized they were an adult now. Still they stomped their feet and cried and started fires and threw bottles at police.

Win or lose why the need to lie about how big the win was.

Lying after a win, lol good work trump would be so proud.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Is your brain OK? This is directly from the OP. The rest is from posts by the OP Author in this same thread which show the author feels that way.

The only one failing is you. It's sad really.

Trump won, hillary got more votes, pretty simple concept.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
how is this lies by the right, a ATS member already showed it was some kids in another country creating fake websites for advertisement money, It is not impossible but I doubt a trump supporter created the website

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join