It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, Donald Trump is not beating Hillary Clinton in the popular vote

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Get over it, your precious overload Hillary Clinton got denied to be POTUS. Instead of complaining, bìtchiñg, and wining why don't you just accept it and support YOUR PRESIDENT. Or you can always move to Mexico , I heard they got a killer healthcare system.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: Indigo5

Trump won get over it . Isn't that what y'all said when o won in 2012?

It seems to me when one party wins and is still so dishonest and insecure that they have to lie about losing the popular vote and create fake news stories to support that lie...then it is clearly those people that need to "get over it".
I am not insecure at all. But of course many are concerned when the losers want to bulky electors into changing their votes and the Linerals want to insert Beenie Sanders after the fact and he sure as heck didn't have the popular vote

Lord...even a monkey at a typewriter eventually types a word...when are you going to post without BSing?

Every tight election has had calls for flipping electors. Bush in 2000 had a whole team assembled to do so if he had not won the electoral college.

And..the actual movement to flip electors is not Liberal...it is conservative anti-Hillary plus anti-Trump electors looking to promote Pence or toss the decision to Congress.

2 presidential electors encourage colleagues to sideline Trump

P. Bret Chiafalo, a Washington State elector who has already declared his opposition to Hillary Clinton, and Micheal Baca of Colorado have launched what they’ve dubbed “Moral Electors,” an attempt to persuade 37 of their Republican colleagues to bail on Trump — just enough to block Trump’s election and leave the final decision to the House of Representatives. They have the support of a third elector, Washington State’s Robert Satiacum.

“This is a longshot. It’s a Hail Mary,” Chiafalo said in a phone interview. “However, I do see situations where — when we’ve already had two or three Republican electors state publicly they didn’t want to vote for Trump. How many of them have real issues with Donald Trump in private?”

www.politico.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Matt11
Get over it, your precious overload Hillary Clinton got denied to be POTUS. Instead of complaining, bìtchiñg, and wining why don't you just accept it and support YOUR PRESIDENT. Or you can always move to Mexico , I heard they got a killer healthcare system.

This thread isn't disputing that Donald Trump won.

It is highlighting that even in victory the right wings relationship with the truth is bankrupt.

The majority of voters did not vote Trump.

And the most votes cast were for Hillary Clinton.

Trump won the electoral college.

Why do right wing fake news sites need to lie about that? That is the interesting question.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Matt11

This thread isn't disputing that Donald Trump won.

It is highlighting that even in victory the right wings relationship with the truth is bankrupt.

The majority of voters did not vote Trump.

And the most votes cast were for Hillary Clinton.

Trump won the electoral college.

Why do right wing fake news sites need to lie about that? That is the interesting question.

It does seems odd that anyone would feel the need to lie about it to be honest. It's so irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The point of this thread is to debunk a lie and reiterate the truth that Hillary won the popular vote.

So why the lie?

The lie allows the alt-right to push a false narrative that the people chose Donald. This is not true. The establishment Electoral College chose Donald. The people chose Hillary.

I can see our role moving forward... To bring truth in the face of a campaign of lies that the alt-right clearly considers vital to their support and success.

They can troll this post and this thread all they like. It's extremely easy to debate when you have truth on your side.

That other HOAX thread should be removed from ATS.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Trump won get over it . Isn't that what y'all said when o won in 2012?

It seems to me when one party wins and is still so dishonest and insecure that they have to lie about losing the popular vote and create fake news stories to support that lie...then it is clearly those people that need to "get over it".
I am not insecure at all. But of course many are concerned when the losers want to bulky electors into changing their votes and the Linerals want to insert Beenie Sanders after the fact and he sure as heck didn't have the popular vote

Lord...even a monkey at a typewriter eventually types a word...when are you going to post without BSing?

Every tight election has had calls for flipping electors. Bush in 2000 had a whole team assembled to do so if he had not won the electoral college.

And..the actual movement to flip electors is not Liberal...it is conservative anti-Hillary plus anti-Trump electors looking to promote Pence or toss the decision to Congress.

2 presidential electors encourage colleagues to sideline Trump

P. Bret Chiafalo, a Washington State elector who has already declared his opposition to Hillary Clinton, and Micheal Baca of Colorado have launched what they’ve dubbed “Moral Electors,” an attempt to persuade 37 of their Republican colleagues to bail on Trump — just enough to block Trump’s election and leave the final decision to the House of Representatives. They have the support of a third elector, Washington State’s Robert Satiacum.

“This is a longshot. It’s a Hail Mary,” Chiafalo said in a phone interview. “However, I do see situations where — when we’ve already had two or three Republican electors state publicly they didn’t want to vote for Trump. How many of them have real issues with Donald Trump in private?”

www.politico.com...

There are Progressives hiding in GOP clothing and they didn't help Trump win. The Elites went for Hillary including the Bush family. Also my sister is liberal and posted the Bernie sanders thing somewhere so
I'm
Pretty sure liberals are desperate to keep Trump out of the WH but why would they try to float someone who would likely have neither the electors nor the popular vote?
edit on 15-11-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: Auto correct

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
The point of this thread is to debunk a lie and reiterate the truth that Hillary won the popular vote.

So why the lie?

The lie allows the alt-right to push a false narrative that the people chose Donald. This is not true. The establishment Electoral College chose Donald. The people chose Hillary.

I can see our role moving forward... To bring truth in the face of a campaign of lies that the alt-right clearly considers vital to their support and success.

They can troll this post and this thread all they like. It's extremely easy to debate when you have truth on your side.

Wiki leaks exposed the truth about Hillary that the complicit media wouldn't tell.
Troll
That dude

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I hope all of you who bought the con that is Donald Trump never forget that he lost the popular vote. And we all know that if the roles were reversed you would all be up in arms.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Did the other thread the OP seems to be obsessed with kick their dog or something?

All this popular vote vs EC vote discussion is pointless. The POTUS is not elected by popular vote, period. Someday that may change, but not today. For all we know if it was by popular vote and everyone was aware of that the outcome might be different. I live in TN and I typically don't vote for POTUS unless I plan to vote Democrat.TN pretty much is going to be red, so if I'm voting red why bother. But if it was about popular vote I would vote every time. Not saying getting rid of the EC is even a good idea, but it would effect how I and others vote. I did not vote for Trump, I think both candidates are steaming piles (but hoping I'm wrong about Trump). But if it had been about popular vote, I would have voted for Trump as the candidate most likely to keep HRC out of the White House, not because I believed in him. How many more would have voted against HRC if it mattered. I think it's safe to assume the people that wrote in Hillary for prison would have voted for Trump too. Hillary is so disliked she was beaten by a misogynistic reality TV blowhard who really didn't even seem to be trying that hard to win.

But she did win the popular vote, good on her.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

So why the lie?

The people chose Trump in 30 of the 50 states.
In the 20 states where Hillary won the popular vote they wanted her with a greater margin, hence all 50 states together means the countrywide vote gave Clinton a plurality.
"The people" across the entire country actually did not choose any candidate as no candidate managed to get a majority.
The electoral college did not pick Trump - that is a lie.
The electoral college are there to ratify (or not) the people's vote in their states.
You don't seem to understand your own system.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Bottom line: Hillary won the popular vote. The other thread is a hoax.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Bottom line: Hillary won the popular vote. The other thread is a hoax.

I'd say the bottom line is that both threads are irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The popular vote means SQUAT. Its just a talking point for the losers. George W Bush lost the popular too and he was a powerful President.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
The popular vote means SQUAT. Its just a talking point for the losers. George W Bush lost the popular too and he was a powerful President.

Indeed - and Obama lost the popular vote, to Hillary ironically, in the Democrat primaries.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

The massive denial in this thread suggests otherwise.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Take out ALL illegal votes and then recalculate. Trump Wins.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

How does Hilary winning popular vote change Trump's legitimacy? The electoral college is to prevent heavily populated states from imposing their will on the rest of the country.

That's the point of the Electoral College and why it works so well. He won the most votes in the most states. Even though he didn't when the most votes in ALL states combined he is still the legitimate president. I voted for Gore round one of Bush and I understood how it works.

How can you come here and call people uneducated yet not understand this?
edit on 15-11-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I understand perfectly the results of the election. The only purpose of this thread is to correct the false statement made in the other HOAX thread.

You can say it doesn't matter, but fact remains... Hillary Clinton won the popular vote.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Explain to me why it matters. She lost the election, explain how winning the popular vote matters...

You accused people of being uneducated and you come across as ignorant and uneducated in this thread. Correct that perception. Show me you know what you're talking about.
edit on 15-11-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: kimar
I hope all of you who bought the con that is Donald Trump never forget that he lost the popular vote. And we all know that if the roles were reversed you would all be up in arms.
People on the Repub side don't riot

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join