It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, Donald Trump is not beating Hillary Clinton in the popular vote

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: spiritualzombie

So you think the KKK tipped the scales do you? Didn't the California chapter endorse Hilary?
And the CPUSA most certainly endorsed both Obama and Hillarybut the left learners here won't admit that.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: IAMTAT

I heard that, but what's the source?

nationonenews.com...

Another allegation based exclusively on some guy's twitter post. Unbelievable. I'm disappointed about the slow pace of our space program. Can someone please post on their twitter page that man landed on mars and has a colony up and running please?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Bottom line is, people had to choose between the lesser of two evils and most people believed Trump was the lesser of two evils. Hillary was a warmonger, criminal, traitor and a pathological liar. What people don't understand is that you just can't cooperate with a corrupt system.

If most people believed in Trump, as you claim, why did he lose the popular vote. No one is disputing he won the electoral college, but please stop saying he also won the popular vote because it isn't true according to every major news network, including Fox News.

Some random guy on twitter is not a reliable source for voting statistics.
edit on 15-11-2016 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I mean really this is what we averted putting in the WH
www.northcrane.com...
So if you can't take the defeat I don't know any more what to say.
edit on 15-11-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: Riffrafter

Then we should not be calling Trump President Elect if not all votes are counted?

Wow - you really don't get it.

Enough votes have been counted to determine who won which state, so that the electoral college totals could be tallied as per our national election process for POTUS.

Do you not understand that?

Total popular vote count is a meaningless detail.

If so, what is the purpose of lying about it? The irony that so many people on this website, who dedicate so much time trying to get to the truth on numerous issues, hold the truth in such little regard.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Straight up: the "popular vote" is a fallacy. It has nothing to do with the Presidential Election, as votes are certified on a state level. The United States is functionally a single nation, and we believe its a single nation. The technical truth is we are a federation of states, i.e.: independant governments.

So the "popular vote" is measured on a state level, and we have 50 of them in each election (plus any non-state territories allowed delegates). The national popular vote is the very reason we don't use that kind of metric: it skews favor towards heavily urbanized areas. Basically, hit the beltway to NYC and Southern Cal, and you win the election by the popular vote. Every time.

I don't want big city easterners, or a bunch of big city yuppies from Cali making every important decision for me in Washington.

If you like having a single nation, be glad it is the way it is. Or the folks who actually produce for this country (farmers, ranchers, miners/roughnecks, loggers) would soon be parting ways.

You don't have to be young inner city to be disenfranchised. Thats why this election went down the way it did. The electoral vote is the only way us country folk can still flex our muscle in that particular election.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Konduit

Even HUUUUGER win for Trump...when the Millions of ILLEGAL votes for Hillary are thrown out.

Yep, the investigations are already starting. Don't count on CNN covering this story though.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

originally posted by: JinMI

Why are you so invested in the KKK nonsense? When have they been relevant at all in society in the past 60 years?

I ask this same question. The KKK hasn't been relevant in decades and has like, 3-8k members ???? I have never seen a klansman in NC...

Its utter hilarious people still bring them up.

36 year old white male here from Mississippi. Never seen a white robe, never heard someone claim to be in the Klan, and never been asked to go to a secret meeting. I swear this on every living member of my family. In my universe, they don't exist anymore

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

how sad...sooo sad

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Popular liberalism gave us 8 miserable years of Obama. And liberals gloated and jeered and made stupid comments and jokes about people who weren't happy with it every single day. I'm fine with that demographic getting a taste of their own medicine courtesy of the electoral college.

Now the same people who were on the internet every day calling anyone who didn't like Obama a racist or some other such is having flashbacks of the W Bush years when they were desperate and all but hopeless in their swampy logic. As well they should be.

I'm not even a Republican. You could barely call me any kind of conservative as far as what popular conservatism has come to really stand for. I don't even like Donald Trump. But maybe if he turns out to be as bad as the left fears that he will, he will be just what they need to jar them back to reality where they aren't the only demographic on the planet.
edit on 16-11-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

The KKK...lol.😭

From where I'm sitting it's you, and your fake liberal friends, that look like the intolerant, supremacist, hypocritical, violent fascists.

But keep whining...it's so delicious.
😎😎😎

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

He needs them to exist, they all do, as it feeds their bitterness and delusional worldview.

It would be sad if it wasn't so serious.

But we all know that it's Hillary supporters that have used hate, division, lies, hypocrisy and intimidation...and despite having the entire media establishment, both political parties, the celebrity class, the twitterratti, individual bullies and agitators threatening Trump supporters in the street, on their property, defacing their signs, and the entire university/college campus movement shutting down conservative speech, as well as every Latino and Muslim pressure group and activist in existence, working 24hrs a day to smear, belittle and bully the Trump supporters and the reputation of Trump himself, they still lost.

THEY STILL LOST.

But I guess that's what losers do best...lose, I mean.
😊😁😅😂😄😀
edit on 16-11-2016 by Godabove09 because: Missing text

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: VVV88

House = Republican
Senate = Republican
President = Republican
Trump = Republcan = MANDATE

Do you think that all those Republicans will vote for term limits for themselves?

Do you think that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Speaker Paul Ryan, who support free trader, won't act to prevent Trump's "Trade War" with China and Mexico? These Republicans have constituents!

And that ACA thing, tied to Medicare that Paul Ryan wants to privatize along with Social Security, are not going to be cake parties and walks in the park.

The dynamic will be interesting - if Trump gets some early wins on the board then the House and Senate will fall into line. It's why the first 6 months will be so important. There will be those working against him from day 1, but we'll know if they are succeeding pretty early.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Straight up: the "popular vote" is a fallacy. It has nothing to do with the Presidential Election, as votes are certified on a state level. The United States is functionally a single nation, and we believe its a single nation. The technical truth is we are a federation of states, i.e.: independant governments.

So the "popular vote" is measured on a state level, and we have 50 of them in each election (plus any non-state territories allowed delegates). The national popular vote is the very reason we don't use that kind of metric: it skews favor towards heavily urbanized areas. Basically, hit the beltway to NYC and Southern Cal, and you win the election by the popular vote. Every time.

I don't want big city easterners, or a bunch of big city yuppies from Cali making every important decision for me in Washington.

If you like having a single nation, be glad it is the way it is. Or the folks who actually produce for this country (farmers, ranchers, miners/roughnecks, loggers) would soon be parting ways.

You don't have to be young inner city to be disenfranchised. Thats why this election went down the way it did. The electoral vote is the only way us country folk can still flex our muscle in that particular election.

Shhhhhhh.
That's too much fact and truth for Hillary supporters.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: andrewh7

If most people believed in Trump, as you claim, why did he lose the popular vote.

Because when you have Millions upon millions of Illegals voting, it's easy to sway the popular vote.

It's time to start fingerprint recognition swipes for voting that are connected to a federal/state data base. Voter fraud is way to easy these days, especially in Illegal friendly states.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Hey zombie,
I just now read through YOUR POSTS, and starred every single one of them. THANK YOU for promoting the truth.

I posted the same article in that HOAX thread, and asked the mods right then and there to HOAX it. Thank god they finally did. I've just had it with this place, and these insipid "nuh-uh!" trolls. You hung in there all along. I've been ready to give up altogether and ditch this place.

If it's going to be this bad in the future, from now on, I won't even bother to come here anymore at all.
Which I'm sure will make them all star the hell out of this post, if they read it......
but they won't. Dimwitted confirmation-bias-seeking consumers of pulp media don't want to know that Kim Kardashian is a big fat-butted loser with half a brain, and HILLARY WON THE POPULAR VOTE.

You know what I wonder? How they NEVER EVER have actual comedians, stand-up or otherwise, who mock us (aside from youtube wannabe trolls with too much time on their hands). All they have is blow-hards like Jones and Limbaugh and Beck and Robertson....and they take them seriously.

Anyone who does not like intelligent satire comedy, and who doesn't realize that Seth Meyers and John Oliver are TELLING THE TRUTH and doing it in a funny manner, but rely on those troll-bait sites for news ----- it's pathetic. Seriously.

So apparenty ATS (which I have been compiling a collection of possible 'changes' to the words for which the acronym stands, because there is NOTHING "above top secret" or "in denial of ignorance" on this site anymore - it's like a food court at a mall in Idiocracy now most of the time - and those of us who come in with "oh hey look, you guys! That other thing was fake!" are derided, ridiculed, slapped around, mocked, and ignored.....

no fun. Not entertaining. Grueling and irritating......

Yeh. ATS.

such a sad demise. Used to come here to get AWAY from all that trash....now this is the virtual clearing house for it! yeah, GodLikeProductions, Sorcha Faal, BeforeItsNews, all banned for sources......but not these KNOWN hoax fake news sites?

We get mocked for using NPR, but WND, Infowars, Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, Breitbart --- those are held up as the bastions of truth and light?

God save us.

FWIW, I saw this morning that Facebook and Google are going to refuse those fake news sites. Doesn't say anything about blocking "suggested posts" from them, though.

So, most of our country really is walking around handicapped:

edit on 11/16/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: disgust

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

a reply to: Konduit

Even HUUUUGER win for Trump...when the Millions of ILLEGAL votes for Hillary are thrown out.

Yep, the investigations are already starting. Don't count on CNN covering this story though.

Heck, Didn't Obama make a statement for latinos to "bring their families" to vote? It was pretty obviously a call for illegal immigrants to vote. He even said they wouldn't face charges. And, surprise surprise, California turns out millions of unexpected votes for Hillary. Remember, CNN was initially projecting that Trump would win the popular vote as well.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

Why are you so invested in the KKK nonsense? When have they been relevant at all in society in the past 60 years?

I ask this same question. The KKK hasn't been relevant in decades and has like, 3-8k members ???? I have never seen a klansman in NC...

36 year old white male here from Mississippi. Never seen a white robe, never heard someone claim to be in the Klan, and never been asked to go to a secret meeting. I swear this on every living member of my family. In my universe, they don't exist anymore

I don't think the "classic" KKK still exists. Even the people I know who are racist would never join any such outfit. At this point, it would not surprise me if the KKK we hear about today is a totally phony group, funded by liberals to incite racial tension. The other side of the coin is Black Lives Matter, which is every bit as much of a hate group as the KKK, and which appears to have at least some connections to the Nation of Islam. (I'd want to see more evidence before saying that they control BLM, or anything like that.)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

I don't think the "classic" KKK still exists. Even the people I know who are racist would never join any such outfit. At this point, it would not surprise me if the KKK we hear about today is a totally phony group, funded by liberals to incite racial tension. The other side of the coin is Black Lives Matter, which is every bit as much of a hate group as the KKK, and which appears to have at least some connections to the Nation of Islam. (I'd want to see more evidence before saying that they control BLM, or anything like that.)

Well you do bring up a good point. The left actually founded the KKK so it makes sense that they still hold high office in that organization.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
originally posted by: [post=21533726]Soylent Green Is People

"Yeah -- but .....

Lord, I hate it when my teen-age son starts sentences that way. Own your own sh*&...call people out on their BS..but don't excuse one with the other.

Well, I suppose if you are going to use an ad hominem, it's best to start your argument that way so you can preemptively cast doubt upon the rest of the other person's position.

"Like I said, I read, see, and hear news stories every day in which it is being said that Ms. Clinton will almost certainly be the leader in the popular vote when all votes are tallied."

That wasn't constructed BS..THAT actually hurt her turn-out because people assumed she had it covered and skipped voting.

That was the death of land-line surveys...suffering for the past few years and now completely useless..PLUS local newspapers that would have reported the discontent in rural America...Newspapers in this country have been purged by the internet and digital media....BUT none of that was some pimple faced racist kid with a hard-on for trump creating a fake news story and then the entire right wing running with it as gospel.

Truth matters.

I'm talking about since the election, not before the election.

My point is that your argument seems to be a strawman - i.e., you are shouting on high for all to hear that The "shocking truth" is that Ms. Clinton actually won the popular vote, while I'm saying that nobody (except for a few radicals right-wingers -- but nobody that matters) is claiming otherwise. The national media has said many times since the election that Hillary Clinton will almost certainly win the popular vote when everything is finally tallied.

It just seems to me that you are vociferously arguing a "truth" that is not being disputed by most people in the world. Watch the news programs, read the mainstream newspapers, go to reputable online sites -- they have all reported that Hillary is leading in the popular vote.

"So, yeah -- she got the popular vote but not the electoral vote."

Glad to see folks acknowledge reality.

Okaayyy [I write, confusedly]. I don't understand your point with this statement. Trump lost the popular vote but won the Electoral vote, and thus is (unfortunately) our duly elected President. The reality is that he is the President-elect of the U.S., and will be my President whether I like him or not.

But I still need to respect the fact that he is President. Respect for the Office of the Presidency (if not actual respect for the person who is president) is vital to stability of our country.

The reality of it is that most presidents (partly due to third party candidates) usually hover at only about 50% to 52% of the people voting for them. That means 48%-50% of the people did NOT vote for that president. For example, President Barack Obama got 51.1% of the vote in 2012. That means almost 49% of the people in this country voted AGAINST President Obama in 2012. That's almost half of the country that didn't want him to be president. However, he is still the duly elected president, and rightfully so.

"But whether we like Trump or not (and I don't), there are valid reasons for the electoral college, mainly so big states don't have too much power in electing a president. Equity of states power (big states v. little states) is a big deal in our form of government."

Sure..we treasure democracy, but ..""I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Republic isn't the word I ponder there...it is "indivisible"..

Yes; like I said, this country is a union of states. That union is the indivisible part mentioned in the pledge. We are in fact one country, but with (intentionally) only certain powers/responsibilities that reside at the federal level (such as national defense, interstate trade rules, promoting general welfare of the people, etc.) with many day-to-day powers and responsibilities residing with the states.

States' rights is a huge deal in the constitution.

"By the way, did you know that as the constitution was originally written, ONLY members of the House of Representatives were chosen by popular vote? The framers of the constitution also had it so U.S. Senators are chosen by state legislatures rather than by popular vote. It wasn't until 1913 that senators were elected directly by the people. And (as we are discussing) the framers of the constitution did not want the President to be decided directly by the people, so that's where the electoral college comes from."

Right..In a time where politicians often thought the commoner unable to make good choices.

That's exactly the reason, and I think it is still true today. "Mob rules" is a dangerous thing. A representational democracy, while not perfect, is constructed for much greater stability than a true democracy.

In a true democracy, the "fad of the day today" may play too important a part in making laws that will need to apply to tomorrow and the next day.

edit on 2016-11-16 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

edit on 2016-11-16 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join