It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Boston on Alert, FBI Release Suspect Data, Dirty Bomb Threat Cited

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Everyone can relax now!

This just in: Dirty bomb turns out to be a hoax.

Heard in on television.

No link yet!

Which station/network?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature

Everyone can relax now!

Heard in on television.

No link yet!

Which station/network?

I dont know what he is tlking about, I am watching something on it now. It has 4 pictures of people they are looking for.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Mountain time here, so no news yet, that and I'm still at work.

Working in the field all day, no where near any news, until moments ago. What a shock to find this.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The pictures have been posted here.

www.terroranalysis.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Looking at the pictures I would not assume they are from China. They could be from the Philippines, which would make more sense considering the fact that Al quedia has groups there.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Mitt Romney (Mass. gov.) says that they have names of 4 Chinese nationals that they want to question. They are not believed to be in Mass. right now, having been dropped off in NY. He did not mention Iraqis.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Everyone can relax now!

Heard in on television.

No link yet!

This information is not true at this time.

I advise you not to make stuff up. There are people working very hard to bring accurate information here.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Since CNN appears to be the only major news source carrying this on air, I am wondering if they have asked the media to black the story out? Even CNN has not mentioned it for almost an hour now.

Our evening news had no mention of it all. Perhaps if they did ask them to black it out, it could be a good thing. That way IF they are actually out there they will know we are looking for them. JMHO

[edit on 1/19/2005 by shots]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Since CNN appears to be the only major news source carrying this on air, I am wondering if they have asked the media to black the story out? Even CNN has not mentioned it for almost an hour now.

Our evening news had no mention of it all. Perhaps if they did ask them to black it out, it could be a good thing. That way IF they are actually out there no will know we are looking for them. JMHO

I think they have as little information as we do here. Let's see how this plays out before we start creating new conspiracy theories.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Doesn't make sense...
the chinese are probably the last country i would expect this from....

They are too dependant on us as consumers of there goods...

why would you try to kill off a country that was bending over for you at every turn...

taiwan is the only conipple between us, and I don't see them being angry about it... they have a good thing with taiwan the way things are anyway...

I also didn't think that there were very many muslims in china... (it is probably illegal like many other nonstate religions..)

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Our evening news had no mention of it all. Perhaps if they did ask them to black it out, it could be a good thing. That way IF they are actually out there no will know we are looking for them. JMHO

I think they have as little information as we do here. Let's see how this plays out before we start creating new conspiracy theories.

I was not trying to turn this into a conspiracy. I clearly said it was JMHO.

CNN just showed the pictures with names I might add.

[edit on 1/19/2005 by shots]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Someone on this thread mentioned that there was nothing in Boston of interest to attack. I have seen this many times in Northern Ireland and mainland Britain. Terrorists spread Terror, hence the name, do not expect them to strike at high value targets. Any target that spreads fear is, to them, high value.
The IRA at their peak struck Pubs, shopping centres, Small Towns (Warrington springs to mind. )
Terrorist will strike wherever they can get maximum impact for minimum risk.
9/11 was the exeption rather than the rule. If they think they can get away with a high value target, 10 Downing street in the IRA's case, then they will. But these are very rare.
My advise would be Dont panic, be observent, report anything suspisious and carry on with your lives as normal. The probibility of this being real is remote, but the risk is still there.
Any update? Im not seeing anything on the News at all.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Federal officials are currently seeking four Chinese nationals for questioning. Zengrong Lin, Wen Quin Zheng, Xiujin Chen and Guozhi Lin, all had thier photographs distributed amid unconfirmed reports of a "dirty bomb" threat to the city of Boston.

BOSTON (Reuters) - Federal authorities are seeking to question four Chinese nationals amid unconfirmed reports of a possible "dirty bomb" threat in Boston, authorities said on Wednesday.

Following confusing reports over the degree of threat to the city of Boston, federal authorities on Wednesday night made public photographs of four Chinese nationals identified as Zengrong Lin, Wen Quin Zheng, Xiujin Chen and Guozhi Lin.

Prosecutors said all their law enforcement partners in Massachusetts had received the photographs in connection with an unspecified threat.

"Information was received by federal law enforcement in Boston today originating from an unknown and uncorroborated source regarding an unspecified potential threat," federal prosecutors and the FBI said in a statement issued in Boston.
Chinese Men

Officials are saying that none of the individuals had appeared on any watch lists. The release of the names came amid reports that teams were combing Boston with radiological sensors looking for a potential "dirty bomb" threat.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Federal officials are currently seeking four Chinese nationals for questioning. Zengrong Lin, Wen Quin Zheng, Xiujin Chen and Guozhi Lin, a

...I guess the Muslim-Buddhist link didn't fly.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This may not have too much to do with the subject itself, but when I read the yahoo article, there was a part that said people in downtown Boston did not notice an increase in police presence. I live in Boston and i'm currently in high school, and the subway stop I got off at afterschool is actually in downtown Boston. I'd just like to add that I also did not notice any increase at all in police presence (this was at about 2:30 PM).

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Doesn't make sense...

why would you try to kill off a country that was bending over for you at every turn...

taiwan is the only conipple between us, and I don't see them being angry about it... they have a good thing with taiwan the way things are anyway...

I also didn't think that there were very many muslims in china... (it is probably illegal like many other nonstate religions..)

Muslims, if this is real and it turns out to be linked to a Muslim group, come in all shapes and sizes. The last i read Islam is the fastest growing religion in the World, don't quote me on that but i did read it a while back.
Something does not seem right about this though but i cant put my finger on what it could be. A bit of Terrorist slight of hand maybe? Cause a rukus in one are whilst moving against a target somewhere different?
This kind of thing is common with Terrorists as well, the IRA used to stage what were called proxy attacks or plant proxy bombs to divert attention away from an operation they were staging somewhere else. A proxy bomb also serves to spread fear and disruption without actually doing any physical damage.

Note: A proxy bomb or attack is one where a bomb is reported without one actually existing to cause the expenditure of valuable time and effort and to cause disruption.

[edit on 19-1-2005 by Janus]

[edit on 19-1-2005 by Janus]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Fox News Channel just had a blurb about this, just saying that the Feds tell Boston authorities to be on the lookout for these Chinese suspects...I think the reports of a radiological device in the area were exaggerated.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Doesn't make sense...

Muslims, if this is real and it turns out to be linked to a Muslim group, come in all shapes and sizes. The last i read Islam is the fastest growing relegion in the World, dont quote me on that but i did read it a while back.

China has a sizable Muslim population, over 20 million I believe. China has been dealing with something of a low level guerilla war with Muslims in the Xinjiang province in the West for sometime. With its proximity to Afghanistan, I believe a lot of rebels were being trained there and coming back over to China. Given that no one in the US associates Chinese with Muslims or terrorists, they would be an ideal team to use. Then if they actually pulled off something, there would be the problematic connection in the US public eye of this being sponsored in someway by the Chinese government itself. Strain our relations with China, and/or try to pull China into the conflicts in Central Asia/Middle East. It would be a brilliant tactical move. I usually don't give terrorists credit for being that smart though, so if its legit, probably someone's intelligence service running false flag ops and trying to cause trouble. But, certainly there are ethnic Chinese who are Muslim and are influenced by the same strain of Islamic fundamentalism that is sweeping around the world (and some even studied/trained in Wahabbi or similar institutions abroad).

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm watching a live cam right now of some place in boston, but it's remote controled and everyone can play with it. But I just saw many police with sirenes driving by, and it's snowing too
So something is really going, I hope they catch them in front of the cam, live...

Too bad it's not a static cam,

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature

Everyone can relax now!

Heard in on television.

No link yet!

Which station/network?

It was the ABC Evening News with Peter Jennings.

Banshee,

I was not making anything up! They did say it was a hoax. Maybe something will come of it later.

But for right now, I know what I heard.

If I misunderstood, then I apologize about it now.

I'm looking for a link to back up my claims now!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join