It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Boston on Alert, FBI Release Suspect Data, Dirty Bomb Threat Cited

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well, for what it is worth, I've been told by some one that should know that there is nothing specific or even significant to this threat. This was a general precautionary measure, based on an un-vetted source, whom agencies apparently are not taking serious, but only passing information forward (as is prudent). Furthermore, the authorities are not looking for "four Chinese males", because two of the pics are of Chinese females.

I'm afraid what happens in instances like this is that the agencies attempt due diligence (i.e. hello, we don't think there's anything to this, but by the way here's what we know) and then some nutless underling in a local agency, who has an ear in a local news agency, thinks he's something by passing on the info (probably exaggerated). Then the local news guy wets himself and the next thing you know...you've got this.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I don't doubt that it a storm in a teacup Valhall, perhaps Boston PD, FBI need to take a look at their chain of communication. Something may be up, but as you say better they deal with it as real, that would be the wisest cause of action without a doubt.
We lived with this kind of stuff for a long time in the UK, but it was a bit easier with the Irish as they would leave recognised code words with the security forces so if they got a call from someone with the code word they would know it was real. Saying that though they wernt always that accommodating.

[edit on 19-1-2005 by Janus]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
there's nothing at all to this. Probably old pictures to begin with.

More drama to ad to the inauguration/coronation.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I've been looking for transcripts of todays (January 19, 2005) ABC Evening News transcripts and can't seem to find them anywhere.

Any one have any knowledge on how to aquire them?

I really did hear Peter Jennings saying that the whole mess is a hoax and it was probably started by an illegal alien smuggler that didn't get paid!

This is the God's honest truth!

I would never intentionally report any false information here!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Intelearthling,

I don't think you need to sweat this much more. Banshee had no right to react to your report the way she did. Just let it lie.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
I've been looking for transcripts of todays (January 19, 2005) ABC Evening News transcripts and can't seem to find them anywhere.

Any one have any knowledge on how to aquire them?

I really did hear Peter Jennings saying that the whole mess is a hoax and it was probably started by an illegal alien smuggler that didn't get paid!

This is the God's honest truth!

I would never intentionally report any false information here!

I wouldnt sweat it mate, in all probability you are right.

[edit on 19-1-2005 by Janus]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Bush will be sworn in in a secret ceremony in the morning, so in the event of some kind of emergency evac or situation at the public inauguration he will still legally be President.

the "show" inauguration is at noon on the steps of the capitol.

You mean that hasn't been the way it's been done for years?
I'm actually surprised that hasn't been the way it's been done for decades, at least since Kennedy was killed. It's a pretty smart thing to do, actually.

Has it been confirmed that these 4 'Asians' are actually Chinese? My gut tells me that they're North Koreans pretending to be Chinese... After all, North Korea has a lot to gain from hostility between the U.S. and China...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astro97
How convenient, the day before the inauguration, tell me you didnt see this coming.

Astro, I don't see the benefit of crying wolf after the election, definitely before but not after.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have a feeling that this is not a real threat. Why Boston anyway?

Sounds like a prank to me...but what do I know...I'm just decoration.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Still being reported on CNN as a possible threat...nothing about it being a hoax. Here's the pic that's being shown...

Pictured clockwise from top left are Zengrong Lin, Guozhi Lin, Wen Quin Zheng and Xiujin Chen.

[edit on 19-1-2005 by sensfan]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Maybe they're after the AFC championship game? Foxboro seats 68,000...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiS2000
Maybe they're after the AFC championship game? Foxboro seats 68,000...

It'll be an empty stadium. The game is in Pittsburgh.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
anymore updates on this?
Can't see anything on the news

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Even if this is a real imminent threat, and I'm not saying it is, do you think the powers that be would come out and say it was serious? I don't think so, they wouldn't want to start a panic.

Interesting read here...

www.homelandsecurityus.com...

Sources close to the Northeast Intelligence Network have verified initial, unsubstantiated reports that authorities are searching for a radiological or "dirty" bomb and nuclear material in the hands of 6-8 men - 4 Chinese, 2 iraqis and others - in the area from Boston to Washington, DC. Multiple sources have indicated that authorities suspect DC as a likely target to disrupt tomorrow's inauguration.

A law enforcement source, speaking under the condition of anonymity, stated that authorities are searching for 6-8 men, reportedly from Iraq accompanied by suspects of Asian origin- with science backgrounds. More information is being developed...

FROM ANALYSTS: The long-term objectives of the terrorists must be considered. Enough warnings with no result will facilitate "terror fatigue" among Americans and lull people into a false sense of security. Regardless, it is always good to stay informed. Here are a few important survival tips about "dirty bombs."

RELATED(?) Red Cross shelters have been set up within a 200-mile radius outside of Washington, D.C. in the event of an emergency at the presidential inauguration.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
not sure if this is so vague anymore.

here's a cut and paste from homeland security:

FBI: BOLO
20 January 2005--The FBI has issued a BOLO to law enforcement to be on the lookout for 11 Chinese nationals. They are reportedly armed and dangerous "All pose a risk to national security".

Mei Xia Dong DOB: 05/30/1982
Xiuming Chen
Chang Yin Liu
Xiujin Chen DOB: 12/15/1984
Guozhi Lin DOB: 03/08/1991
Zengrong Lin DOB: 10/27/1982
Yu Xiang Weng DOB: 10/04/1963 or 04/05/1964
Qiquan Lin
Min Xiu Xie DOB: 11/21/1977
Xing Wei Liu
Liqiang Liang
Per BOLO: "If located, detain and hold for questioning. Suspects are believed to have entered the US via New York or Boston.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Per BOLO: "If located, detain and hold for questioning. Suspects are believed to have entered the US via New York or Boston.

So what happened to them crossing the boarder from Mexico?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hmmm, seems this is getting a little more serious, or I'm just being paranoid.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
kid, that is an FBI Be On The LookOut alert issued today for 11 chinese people. The four from yesterday are on the list so it is clearly connected. The 4 from yesterday came in via mexico and supposedly headed for NYC and will then go( or already went) to Boston.

My reasoning for posting that is the mere fact that yesterday's alerts were very vague and seemed to only be of issue because they can't ignore anything anymore. This is either a broadening of the same nonsense or it is more serious than they originally thought.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If the anti-terror radiation detectors were set off, well, the regardless of this threat that source has to be found. Was it a device, or something else? Apparently people undergoing radiation treatment can set them off. So there's no reason to think that the detectors going off is an attack, but regardless, the source has to be found to establish that it wasn't a threat. This can't just be a meaningless occurance right now, who are these chinese nationals that they want and why are they suspects? Even if there is no weapon threat, what makes them, out of the thousands of possible people, the suspects that they are looking for?

And what about the source, its supposed to be an alien smuggler who said he dropped them off at the mexican border, the gov notice is saying that they got in thru NY or Boston, whats the deal?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
And this from that same website:

Islamic Terror sites claiming "The Horserace is on - while they chase the horses, the bird will fly"

They're looking for as many as 11 people now... This doesn't look good at all.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join