It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Boston on Alert, FBI Release Suspect Data, Dirty Bomb Threat Cited

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
kid, that is an FBI Be On The LookOut alert issued today for 11 chinese people. The four from yesterday are on the list so it is clearly connected. The 4 from yesterday came in via mexico and supposedly headed for NYC and will then go( or already went) to Boston.

So we have terrorist just streaming in from evry boarder we have? Jeez, these guy's are coming in from north and south. Planning logistics for an operation, and procuring materials needed for detonation of a dirty bomb. The FBI is just now seriously investigating this? Surely there are measures in place that monitor the sale of components used in construction od a dirty bomb. Something is up here.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
according to the news reports, the boston office got the call at 5:30 in the morning yesterday and started investigating. there wasn't much info to go on but, as I said, you cannot ignore the most vague and idiotic sounding threat anymoreLike I said, either this has fleshed out into something a bit more dangerous (no change in the warning color so probably not) or the additional 7 chinese people are simply 7 more people that managed to get themselves flung over the fence yesterday and are now being tied into the mess with the hopes that their capture can lead us to the conclusion that the threat was nothing more than a guy who wanted revenge for not getting paid.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
There are many "snakehead" gangs working to get Chinese Nationals into America in the hope of economic betterment. Would not be at all surprised if these Chinese were just that. The report of being "activated" reads like they were "turned on" as a result of the tip off made anonymously.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
boston herald (or possibly boston.com) is reporting that the 4 chinese nationals are chemists. I'm not sure how they know this.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

It was the ABC Evening News with Peter Jennings.

Banshee,

I was not making anything up! They did say it was a hoax. Maybe something will come of it later.

But for right now, I know what I heard.

If I misunderstood, then I apologize about it now.

I'm looking for a link to back up my claims now!

Intelearthling... I heard the same thing from Peter Jennings after I got home last night. He was downplaying the reports as likely a hoax. I would like to say that I was not doubting you, merely looking for a source of your report.

Seems the pomp and ceremony in DC went off without a hitch, so this was not a bait and switch. Perhaps this is a real threat to Boston. At this point I am more tempted to believe it was a double dealing coyote. He took there money, and then turned them in once he got them over the border.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
could these be connected to the Chinese troops crossing the border on mexico. and could this be the exuse there looking for an invasion off north korea. think what could happen if the koreans set one off in us it could be a reason for a pre emptive strike "

Secretary of State-designate Condoleezza Rice (news - web sites) on Tuesday sent North Korea (news - web sites) a two-pronged message, insisting the United States has no plans to invade the isolated communist state but stressing it does have a deterrent against hostile actions by Pyongyang.
link to news

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Intelearthling,

I don't think you need to sweat this much more. Banshee had no right to react to your report the way she did. Just let it lie.

My girlfriend called me to attention when the report came on. I just told my self, "Whew, just what I hoped it would be (a hoax)."

Maybe it was their (the news) speculation and I took it all wrong!

Anyhow, I haven't heard anything else!

Peace out!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The FBI has added 10 suspects to the list of people wanted for questioning in regards to a dirty bomb threat to Boston.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
this morning's papers said that the feds thin k it was a ploy to divert attention away from a possible drug smuggling event

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
this morning's papers said that the feds thin k it was a ploy to divert attention away from a possible drug smuggling event

Hehe, I think I said that earlyer in the thread that this all smelled really badly like a decoy :p

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is getting so out of hand. It's like every one in the country has lost their ability to reason. We've all been taken over by the freeper mentality or something.

Let's take one problematic point that has been present since the story of the "original six" broke.

Wen Quin Zheng's picture...that's the woman's photo that is black and white and doesn't resemble the other three very similar photos. While it can be easily agreed that the other three photos were either taken in a Spanish-speaking country - or at least in front of a Spanish poster - or at least re-touched to look like they were taken in front of a Spanish poster - Zheng's picture is clearly of a different origin.

I sent the picture to a Chinese national that is a friend of mine and asked him to translate the Chinese characters on the right-hand side. He responded and stated that:

1. It was clearly an official Chinese ID card because of the apparent "green fishnet" visible in the photo.
2. The Chinese characters were "part of the following in sequence" (I'm quoting there):
Name
Sex
DOB
Address

Now, from the very start I have wondered...why would a Mexican smuggler have a copy of some one's Chinese ID card? What would be the requirement in getting "dropped over the fence" for your dropper to have a copy of your official Chinese ID card?

Second problem, if there was some "requirement" in the "get dropped over the fence" process that meant you had to supply your picture to your dropper...why is there only four Chinese photos and no photos of the alleged "two Iraqi's" who were supposed to have been dropped at the same time?

And thirdly - now that this thing has blossomed into looking for any one of 15,000,000 Chinese-persuasion US citizens and visitors - why are they now looking for 16 people, when the only report - which still stands uncorroborated - was 4 Chinese and 2 Iraqi's?

[edit on 1-21-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Val, I can explain the only reason for any of the activity. I will quote a fed from the NYC papers.

"This is a CYA operation." cover your a**.

plain and simple. They don't think it is anything but if they ignore it and it does turn out to be something, the loss of lives, the cost to clean up the mess etc. will be staggering. Better to err on the side of caution than to play with the wait and see approach.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Okay, here's my theory. Remember, this report?

tvnz.co.nz...=html

32 Chinese stowaways caught exiting a shipping container?

Here's what I think...the INS let some of these guys slip away from the hospital - 14 of them to be exact, and now somebody has concocted this whole story in an attempt to get an APB out on the missing ones without admitting they lost them in the first place.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

BOSTON - The FBI said Tuesday that the possible terrorist plot reported against Boston by a tipster last week was a false alarm.

"There were in fact no terrorist plans or activity under way," the FBI said in a statement. "Because the criminal investigation is ongoing, no further details can be provided at this time."

The man suspected of telling authorities about the possible terror threat was arrested Monday in a Mexican border town. The FBI statement did not say whether he had provided the information that allowed the FBI to rule out the threat, but the bureau did thank Mexican law enforcement agencies for their help.

False Alarm

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join