It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Boston on Alert, FBI Release Suspect Data, Dirty Bomb Threat Cited

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I cant help it, the only mental image I have while reading this thread is Jack Bauer yelling his lungs out on the phone and speeding through the city....

Anyways, I hope this is a false alarm.
I don't get that with radiation. Where exactly did they detect it?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I should have included in my hypothetical that the bomb was in downtown Boston, and during rush hour (which would be basically now, if Boston is anything my Detroit.)

The bomb could blow up in downtown, say leveling a somewhat large building (if it is in OKC type carbomb) and is laced with chemical, radioactive, or biological agents. The winds then blow this agent around the city and affect a majority of the downtown area. I would think then that if it were downtown it has the potential of killing, or at least wounding, thousands of people.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
CNN

The FBI said on Wednesday it was investigating a report of a "dirty bomb" threat in Boston, but called the information "uncorroborated."

ABC News reported on Wednesday that teams equipped with radiological sensors were patrolling Boston amid a possible "dirty bomb" threat, but local police said they had no information.

[edit on 19-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If you're interested, check this site outRadioactivity Monitoring Online. Doesn't have much data pertaining to today, but will be updated tomorrow. By the way, that is the most interesting part of the site - It's already slated to be updated tomorrow!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
it seems to me that this is either a very vague warning that they are investigating very seriously on the outside chance it turns out to be true.

or

this is a very vague warning that happens to have a few coincidences with other threats or warnings and, therefore, they are taking this very seriously.

or

it is the day before bush's inauguration and theedict from above is "do not let anything take my face off the cover of every newspaper in the country"

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
CNN

The FBI said on Wednesday it was investigating a report of a "dirty bomb" threat in Boston, but called the information "uncorroborated."

ABC News reported on Wednesday that teams equipped with radiological sensors were patrolling Boston amid a possible "dirty bomb" threat, but local police said they had no information.

[edit on 19-1-2005 by Banshee]

Thanx for that Banshee,
Ive got it on CNN now and they are still not saying anything nore is FOX, BBC or SKY.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Your link doesn't work. You forgot the "n" in Boston.

Also, it may not be updated every day, so the fact that it's slated for reactivation tomorrow is really irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
www.ndu.edu...
for all us, just in case

If it happens and you're in the area, just don't panic

btw, I really HATE Faux News, business and bush is all they are talking about.

[edit on 1-19-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
btw, I really HATE Faux News, business and bush is all they are talking about.

Agreed,
same with CNN aswell

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Your link doesn't work. You forgot the "n" in Boston.

Also, it may not be updated every day, so the fact that it's slated for reactivation tomorrow is really irrelevant.

Copy that.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Quote from Fox News:

FBI spokeswoman Gail Marcinkiewicz said the terror alert had not been raised for Boston.

"Basically, what you have here is information that we often get," she said. "It's been passed on to our law enforcement partners and we're working it aggressively."

Link

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

FBI spokeswoman Gail Marcinkiewicz said the terror alert had not been raised for Boston.

"Basically, what you have here is information that we often get," she said. "It's been passed on to our law enforcement partners and we're working it aggressively."

Link

So in plain English,
the idea of a dirty bomb doesnt bother them?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Does anyone remember that 2 weeks ago the Iraqi insurgents reported they would carry out a strike inside the USA.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Does anyone remember that 2 weeks ago the Iraqi insurgents reported they would carry out a strike inside the USA.

Yeah,
but surely they could not pull something like this off

[edit on 19-1-2005 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
CNN TV finally ran something.

No change in security status at Logan
Not sure how "credible" it is yet
Gov. of Mass will speak to the press shortly

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Link

So in plain English,
the idea of a dirty bomb doesnt bother them?

The release is passively stated to avoid panic, most likely.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Boston TV channels:

NBC

CBS

ABC

all have stories on the dirty bomb alert

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
CNN TV finally ran something.

No change in security status at Logan
Not sure how "credible" it is yet
Gov. of Mass will speak to the press shortly

Just heard on my local news, the Governor has changed his plans to attend the Presidential inauguration tomorrow due to this.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Here's a link

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

some indications are that radiation detectors may have been activated or brought in for further testing in the area

Where are reports that detectors did go off? From this, I take it to mean that they turned ON the detectors and brought more in. I haven't read anything saying they went off, i.e....detected radiation

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join