It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Boston on Alert, FBI Release Suspect Data, Dirty Bomb Threat Cited

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The FBI may be searching Boston for a "dirty bomb" after tipoffs from a California field office. The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency is on alert and officials are reportedly searching for between 4 and 6 persons who apparently entered the country illegally through Mexico. Details are sketchy, but some indications are that radiation detectors may have been activated or brought in for further testing in the area. Local residents in nearby towns are reporting a very heavy law enforcement presence.

Drudge

BostonChannel
BOSTON -- The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency has been placed on standby, and public safety officials are meeting at the bunker, according to a published report Wednesday.

There have been reports that the FBI office in Boston received a call from an FBI office in California warning officials about a suspicious person that may be in the area, according to the Boston Herald's Web site.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

bostonherald.com
Federal and state authorities are investigating a nuclear terrorist threat against Boston after a man calling from Mexico told California police that he smuggled two Iraqis and four Chinese over the border, the Boston Herald has learned.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

PHOTOS OF SUSPECTS WANTED BY POLICE

FBI HOTLINE : 617-742-5533

[edit on 19-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
isnt that awfully close to washington a week before the inaug. ?somethings up. where did you find this out at?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Searching around and nothing is appearing yet,
ill keep looking around the news sites across the world

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It just says, "suspicious person," not "dirty bomb." That's why I don't like Drudge. I bet this'll just be nothing.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Done further research into this...

Federal and state authorities are investigating a nuclear terrorist threat against Boston after a man calling from Mexico told California police that he smuggled two Iraqis and four Chinese over the border, the Boston Herald has learned.

Boston Herald

[edit on 19-1-2005 by Nerdling]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
why would someone call that in? doesnt make any sense..

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Man,
this doesnt look too good, but it COULD be a hoax. Someone might be stupid enough to prank the FBI.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The chinese angle is interesting.....

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
A couple questions. Why Boston? Why not NYC again, or Philidelphia, or DC, or someplace else? Do they have a grudge against the Red Sox winning the World Series? I just don't understand the importance of Boston as a terrorist target.

Alright, let's throw out a hypothetical here...

1.) There IS a dirty bomb in Boston.
B.) It CANNOT be found and explodes, killing thousands of people.

What happens if it turns out that Iraq and China are involved? A nuclear attack on this country would cause a nuclear retaliation on the attacking countries, if I understand US policies correctly. So if this is true and does happen, would it be likely for a nuclear war to occur.

EDIT: Oh, and Nerd, your Boston Herald link isn't working. Maybe just me, or are others having this problem?

[edit on 1/19/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There is some sort of issue about radiation detectors per ABC news radio
(thanks to UM_Gazz for the info)
Nerdling and I are frantically searching for more info.

link   
i mean, if that guy was so concerned, why did he even bring em here? or why didnt he call "en route"? I'm not doubting it, just wondering why

link   

Originally posted by infinite
Man,
this doesnt look too good, but it COULD be a hoax. Someone might be stupid enough to prank the FBI.

Radiation detectors went off.
Law enforcement out in force.
Nearby towns and cities are being prepared "in the event".

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
this is from boston.com:

BREAKING NEWS: The state Emergency Management Agency has partially activated its emergency response team this afternoon after the FBI triggered a massive manhunt yesterday for six people who may pose a terrorist threat to the city of Boston. Public safety officials are now holed up in the emergency bunker in Framingham until the threat has passed.

www.boston.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
ya know, as much as i hate "big brother" this stuff makes me wonder. is it that bad? i mean, what do i do? nuttin. thank god we got em snoopin around.

radiation detectors went off? bad sign. maybe its a really strong cell phone!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Radiation detectors went off.
Law enforcement out in force.
Nearby towns and cities are being prepared "in the event".

JESUS!!!
this is bad, keep us updated

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
what if Boston is a decoy ?

Threat in Boston, but target really is Washington ?

link   
Yawn. Isn't anyone else getting tired of these kind of "alarms"?

link   
Governor Mitt Romney will be addressing Massachusetts soon. It'll be picked up by all major channels.

I think he'll either poo-poo it or go nuts and activate the national guard.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Local residents in nearby towns are reporting a very heavy law enforcement presence.

First sign of Marshal law,
im not spreading my NWO work here, but one of the theories i have read did state something along the lines of a hoaxed major events to bring in force. Just thought i would let you know.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think if something happens tonight then Bushs coronation-like Inauguration will have to be cancelled. You cant have an event like that if many people die.

Causing Bush great embarassment and a great loss of life. Oy.

Bostonians are not panicking, they're being handed the info very softly softly.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join