It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

TA-THREATS: Boston on Alert, FBI Release Suspect Data, Dirty Bomb Threat Cited

page: 4
0
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   


The state Emergency Management Agency has partially activated its emergency response team, with representatives from the Department of Public Health, the Department of Environmental Protection, and the State Police monitoring the situation in the emergency bunker in Framingham until the threat has passed.

Boston Globe

It's never a good sign when the police are monitering it from an "emergency bunker".

Also, I live in Boston, so if I'm not online for a while, you'll all know why


[edit on 19-1-2005 by AlienS]




posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I have been thinking that attacking DC during the inauguration would not be a terrorists' goal. DC is so protected that if one were to attack other major cities either individually or in a coordinated effort during the inauguration, the effects would be potent.

If you thought the world was painting Bush as an apathetic ego-maniac, wait to see what happens tomorrow. If there is an attack on another major city, the contention will be that Bush's ego drove the country to blow a massive sum of money on his location while leaving the rest of the country at risk. It would be very difficult to project to the world that you were doing everything in your power to avoid attacks if DC is safe, but nowhere else is.



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
One would think if they actually planed to make an attack they would not advertise it; yet on the other hand this could be a diversion wanting people to think they were going there when in fact the target could be either DC or NYC or anywhere for that matter.

I am watching CNN now and they are carry the ceremony in DC with Bush and Chaney both there. I also noticed that Bush does not seem all that happy yet his wife seems to be by clapping all the time.



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Okay, everyone take a deep breath. When the subatomic particles hit the fan, we won't be searching for news releases. We won't be able to avoid the news.



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Good information for those who wish to read it:

CDC.gov Link

If they pull off an attack like this.. I can't imagine what our response will be.

I am hoping this is just another empty threat.

Lets hope it stays that way.



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm of the immediate opinion that this is a well corroborated media ploy - the past several weeks have seen an influx in terrorist speculation as the inauguration nears. Still, something of this magnitude should be taken seriously.



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I got this from a freeper....


]
The mayor of Boston was just on the radio making a statement meant to be calming. He did say, though, that the report is of a threat to Boston or New York. The MA governor is on his way back to MA from DC. He did say he'd been having meetings with his security all day. He was notified about 8:00 a.m. (Howie Carr noted the possibility that this info wasn't supposed to go public but somehow did.


Can anyone confirm or deny this?



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I was watching the local news stations and they're all beginning with this story. According to the stations, none of the information has been proven yet, but there might be a description of the people with the possible bomb within an hour, and possibly even pictures of them.



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
A longshot I know,probably local gang thugs,but considering the timing & circumstances, could this be related in any way?


NORWOOD -- Police are investigating a home invasion in a quiet neighborhood yesterday morning, costing a local family a number of valuables, including a luxury car.
Around 11 a.m., four men pushed their way into a single-family home at 781 Neponset St., manhandling a 19-year-old man who was home watching television, according to police spokesman Paul Bishop.
The attack came when the teen heard a noise outside and went to check, Bishop said. The men,described as Asian, forced the youth into a bathroom, tying off the doorknob to keep him from getting out. No weapons were shown, police said.
The men then went through the house, taking, among other things, cash, passports, jewelry, and a karaoke machine.
"The house is pretty much ransacked," Bishop said.
The men then took all the stolen items to the home's attached garage. There, they put all the items into a 2001 Jaguar and drove away, also taking the red vehicle they came in.


I decided to post this after reading

Most neighbors declined to give their names, but all said they were surprised, that they live in a nice neighborhood.
Frank Rondinalli, 60, lives next door, at 14 Cherrywood Drive. He said he had lived there 25 years and had never seen anything like that, especially at his neighbor's house.
and about the passports.


www.dailynewstranscript.com...

[edit on 19-1-2005 by Vajrayana]



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Any more recent news on this? I am working in Westford, MA and live in NH, so big time news!!!

Thanks,
Craig



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vajrayana
A longshot I know,probably local gang thugs,but considering the timing & circumstances, could this be related in any way?


NORWOOD -- Police are investigating a home invasion in a quiet neighborhood yesterday morning, costing a local family a number of valuables, including a luxury car.
Around 11 a.m., four men pushed their way into a single-family home at 781 Neponset St., manhandling a 19-year-old man who was home watching television, according to police spokesman Paul Bishop.
The attack came when the teen heard a noise outside and went to check, Bishop said. The men,described as Asian, forced the youth into a bathroom, tying off the doorknob to keep him from getting out. No weapons were shown, police said.
The men then went through the house, taking, among other things, cash, passports, jewelry, and a karaoke machine.
"The house is pretty much ransacked," Bishop said.
The men then took all the stolen items to the home's attached garage. There, they put all the items into a 2001 Jaguar and drove away, also taking the red vehicle they came in.


I decided to post this after reading

Most neighbors declined to give their names, but all said they were surprised, that they live in a nice neighborhood.
Frank Rondinalli, 60, lives next door, at 14 Cherrywood Drive. He said he had lived there 25 years and had never seen anything like that, especially at his neighbor's house.



www.dailynewstranscript.com...


Hrm, if this is related, doesn't it seem like these 4 asians are creating a deversion for something else, somewhere else?

You have a phonecall saying these asians are in Boston, causing the feds to focus on Boston, while most propably the actual action is happening somewhere else?



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufochaser
Any more recent news on this? I am working in Westford, MA and live in NH, so big time news!!!

Thanks,
Craig


The only network mentioning it is CNN and even they are being very cautious and stress this is unconfirmed and the unamed source is said to be not that reliable.



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
They just released pictures of several people who were possibly the ones with the bomb. None of the pictures have been validated as the definate people, but people of interest. Several names have also been validated to be real and people of interest. According to the news, they might be Chinese Nationalists. I'll try to find pictures online.



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienS
They just released pictures of several people who were possibly the ones with the bomb. None of the pictures have been validated as the definate people, but people of interest. Several names have also been validated to be real and people of interest. According to the news, they might be Chinese Nationalists. I'll try to find pictures online.


Who released the pictures? It would be nice if you included the source so others could try and validate it!



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Calm down..... nothing to see here..... move along there!!!

A snowball effect going on here I think. Somebody said one thing, the next person speculates, the next broadens the scope and on it goes



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by AlienS
They just released pictures of several people who were possibly the ones with the bomb. None of the pictures have been validated as the definate people, but people of interest. Several names have also been validated to be real and people of interest. According to the news, they might be Chinese Nationalists. I'll try to find pictures online.


Who released the pictures? It would be nice if you included the source so others could try and validate it!


I don't really remember, since they kinda rushed through it. If it helps though, the website for the station I found the pictures in is www1.whdh.com...

Edit: Found the picture! www1.whdh.com...

Double Edit: The pictures are gone again, and I forgot to make a screenshot

[edit on 19-1-2005 by AlienS]



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The MA Governor said on CNN just moments ago that he was heading back to Boston and would be sleeping in his own bed to prove there were no serious threats. If this is so why is'nt he sticking around in Washington for the big day?



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmm.... apparently, the phone call directing the police to this story claimed that the people got a hold of something called "Nuclear Oxide", which does not even exist.

Btw, I saw this on World News Tonight when I was channel surfing to see if any other channels were talking about this.
abcnews.go.com...



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
How convenient, the day before the inauguration, tell me you didnt see this coming.



posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Everyone can relax now!

This just in: Dirty bomb turns out to be a hoax.

Heard in on television.

No link yet!



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join