It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a 25 year old Pakistani Muslim male living in the USA.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Thank you for the welcome Starcrossd and for the kind words.

As Above So Below :-)

You may also like some of Carl Jumgs works on Alchemy. Psychology and Alchemy is one I liked.

Another good work is the Divine Pymander.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Greetings Cavtrooper7,

It is always disappointing whenever I see a terrorist attack happen. Especially when things seem to be getting better another one happens followed by the media uproar and it is disheartening.
The Boston bombings were really bad. It's sad that many people died but also what bothered me was that the perpetrators were young, in there 20's, grew up in the USA, and seemed to be fitting in. It bothered me because it affects so many others who are middle eastern growing up here. I understand the suspicion people have, but still it is disheartening.
Personally I don't know if any other Islamic nations are offering a viable solution. It doesn't seem like it. But then again I can't say I know the intentions of these nations and what they are planning. The situation in the middle east is incredibly complicated.

I think you as a soldier who has been there before may be able to understand better what is happening on the ground. But again, I know the situation is incredibly complicated.

Thank you for the reply.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ADUB77

A true 21st century human does not need religion. Accept that you are alone, accept responsibility for your actions. There is nothing for you after this life

Spoken like a true materialist, another poster-child for this Dark Age of Consumerism.

Kinda magick though, pretty straight paradigm.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: raymondshaw

indigenous Westerner's

Frysians, (Anglo-)Saxons, Picts, Franks, Lombards, Catalan or even ... Vikings?
And don't say Swebes, I've got nothing to do with them!

Anyway. many loaded questions full of Bollocks for an introduction-thread, I'll give you that.

The Obvious Strategy of The Islamic State Is Working, You’re All Being Stupid

edit on 9-4-2016 by PublicOpinion because: edit 4 stupid

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Your comments..........Tell me nothing. Did you have a point?? Or a statement to make?? Is there something you wish to say??

edit on 10/4/2016 by raymondshaw because: Omissions

edit on 10/4/2016 by raymondshaw because: Omissions[/editby
edit on 10/4/2016 by raymondshaw because: Small edit
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

So what's on your mind pal??? Care to let us in on it??

(post by raymondshaw removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Your comments.......tell me nothing. Do you have a point?? Is there something you wish to say?? Do you have a statement to make??

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

edit on 10/4/2016 by raymondshaw because: Incorrect

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FullBloodedNative

originally posted by: jimmyx
as long as you keep your religious beliefs in your home and mosque.....AND.....if you see something that may hurt innocent Americans, you report it immediately, you'll do fine.....
however, if in America, we start experiencing frequent bombings by Islamic radicals that are American born, or who have immigrated here, you should be very careful, because you will come under suspicion, guaranteed....welcome by the way, a fresh voice is always needed

What about suspicion about white armed males who have a habit of going on shooting sprees, is paranoia about them justified? Why or why not?

Most attacks on American soil are by armed white males and those are the facts.

Statistically speaking 'White' is the largest racial group in this country therefore saying that white males are the source of crime is akin to stating that most crime in Europe is committed by Europeans.

However, if we are speaking statistically, 84.9% of the crimes committed between black and white was committed by blacks against whites.
-and-
If we are speaking statistically, 82.9% of the crimes committed between black and hispanic was committed by blacks against hispanic.

The diversity of the population always changes however in 2013 the large ratios were: 62.2 percent white, 17.1 percent Hispanic, 13.2 percent black.

So, while your idea that most attacks in the US are from the largest demographic, the statistics show that minority demographics have a much higher incidence of committing violent crimes against whites than the other way around.
edit on 10-4-2016 by notmyrealname because: added visual aids

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

He was killed because he was Ahmadiyya, a sect of Islam persecuted throughout the years by other sects, not because he mentioned Easter.

This has been confirmed by the killer himself.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AllIsOne

And whilst talking of not responding or addressing...........like you have here. Where's your response to my reply to your last pearls of wisdom???? You seem to like quoting someone else's book to try and bully other people..........a bit like ISIS hahaha........but ya int got brains enough to formulate your own thinking without quoting someone else's words ??? Are you sure all this bull# you spout from books.........hasn't radicalised you?? Because you do get it from books don't ya??? Tell us ALL..........what YOU think. I can't WAIT to read this

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Thank you for clarifying that. May I ask please how you know that?? I was not aware that the killer had confirmed that. Are you Muslim? No offence meant by that comment. I'm just demonstrating my ignorance of something that I'm being slowly led to believe is the enemy. What you have just explained does not get reported widely enough, and reach all ears does it, so does not shine light where it's needed. I was under the impression from what i had read.......that it was because of the Easter greeting. I did not know that Islam had a sect that was capable of such a thing to one of its own people. He was as I understand it......a good man to ALL, irrespective of ethnic origin or religion. Thank you again
edit on 10/4/2016 by raymondshaw because: Unfinished statement

edit on 10/4/2016 by raymondshaw because: Unfinished statement

edit on 10/4/2016 by raymondshaw because: Small edit

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Take it from Bernard Shaw:

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

www.brainyquote.com...

Now read my post again and try harder or don't, it's an open thread for everybody to comment on. And I do find it hilarious that you've hidden your bollocks in this introduction to actually avoid the real topics, which you pretended to adress with your loaded 'questions'. Another new face full of old polemics.
Yep, I see ya. Troll on!

(post by raymondshaw removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The refugee phenomenon is one I have been giving thought too. I understand the problems that come to a society that must accept a large number of people from a different place, who don't have many marketable skills, may not even speak the language, or fit into the culture and value schema of the place they are migrating to.
However after thinking on it for some time I have come to the conclusion that the West does have a moral obligation to take in these refugees. Mainly because a lot of the turmoil and upset in the region, and not all of it, but in part, has been created by the West's involvment in that region. Iraq has been upside down for the last 12 years and now Syria is embroiled in a heavy civil war. Libya also. I think the West should not have helped by arming the "rebels" in this area or conducting airstrikes in the region to assist one side or the other. Since it did, it now has a hand in the fighting. And because of this interference they should take in the refugees, by which I mean the people who have been affected by the fighting.
That being said I am sure there are many taking advantage of this and entering Europe with bad intentions. I don't know if this story is true, but I have a friend who said his friend's parents left the US to pretend to be Syrian refugees in Europe in order to live off of the free benefits that they are giving over there to refugees. I don't know if its true, but if it is that is simply egregious behavior. Especially if they are taking the spots of real refugees who need the help.
You also asked why they choose to come to Europe instead of neighboring Muslim countries, I can't really say why. I think there is an idea that coming to one of these "rich" countries will allow them to make money as well. Frankly I think that is true, I think there is a lot of opportunity in USA to make money, and probably Europe also. I don't know if that will happen if they migrate from Syria to Jordan or Turkey. And I also mentioned racism earlier, I think that is a huge problem. I don't know how bad it is there but I have a feeling that may have something to do with it. Especially Saudi Arabia. If you are a Syrian migrating to Saudi Arabia I don't believe that they will be received well or treated fairly.
I also want to say I appreciate that Europe is helping the refugees. I hope they can have a decent future there and find a way to assimilate with the European culture in a peaceful way.
I don't know if Europe should close its borders. Generally I think that a nation should watch its own interests first. So closing the borders makes sense. But over the last, practically half a century, Europe and the West have used Human Rights in such a way so as to criticize and attack other nations, morally speaking. Usually as a political tool find reasons to enter into a country if they so please. Like Libya, or Syria, or Iraq. And now we have an actual humanitarian crisis going on here that the West cannot turn its back on. (And in some part caused by the West, and not all, I accept that fact, a man(or nation) should keep his own house in order.) If it does turn its back on the refugees, it will be made to look hypocritical, especially since the West has touted these principles in the face of the world for so long.
It is a shame really what is happening. I hope that you can find peace in your home of England and find some way to live harmoniously with those that live in your society.

Thanks again for you reply Raymondshaw.
edit on 10-4-2016 by thothful because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

No problems, Raymond.

I read it earlier today on Apple News App on my iPhone.

It was an op-ed by people of the Ahmadiyya sect who have been persecuted in Pakistan for decades and having migrated to the UK still suffer from the wrath of extremist Sunnis who believe the Ahmad are kaffirs, or blasphemous to the Prophet Muhammad for not believing he is the final messenger of Allah.

Yes, I am a Muslim, a Quranist to be exact.

It's a sad story.

The guy said, paraphrasing, "if I hadn't done it, others would have murdered more than one person"...

I don't know if he is talking out of his arse or if he was part of a bigger plan to eliminate more Ahmadiyya on our British shores...

But it's a tragic case of sectarian violence.

He did say it was nothing to do with "other faiths".

www.theguardian.com...

Glad I could clarify for you, sir.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: thothful

Salam, brother...

It's good to see you still active and participating.

I'm hopeful that I will see you in other threads where your expertise will be invaluable.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
My question :

Would you trade Religion(s) for World Peace?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Sadly, that will probably never happen.
This headline works way too good and will probably keep him occupied for ages.

a reply to: thothful

Spot on! Let me add an interesting interview:

...and his pretty devastating comment on the actual mismanagement:

EU governance works very efficiently to impose harsh austerity measures that devastate poorer countries and benefit northern banks. But it has broken down almost completely when addressing a human catastrophe that is in substantial part the result of western crimes. The burden has fallen on the few who were willing at least temporarily — to do more than lift a finger, like Sweden and Germany. Many others have just closed their borders. Europe is trying to induce Turkey to keep the miserable wrecks away from its borders, just as the US is doing, pressuring Mexico to prevent those trying to escape the ruins of US crimes in Central America from reaching US borders. This is even described as a humane policy which reduces “illegal immigration.” ...

Noam Chomsky on Europe’s Refugee Crisis and the Endless Greek Debt Drama

to all y'all, especially to raymond-nearly half the bernard-shaw!

I'd be interested in an actually factual debate, we've exchanged enough pleasantries so far. But mocking the OP with loaded questions for his willingness to share isn't the ATS way, is it?

edit on 10-4-2016 by PublicOpinion because: ytube sucks, find the interview here: www.euronews.com...

edit on 10-4-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join