It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

I'm a 25 year old Pakistani Muslim male living in the USA.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:52 AM
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Thank you for the kind words.

Rottweilers are awesome dogs.

I have a Doberman Pinscher named Shah, he is almost 5. And I feel about him how you described you feel for Sonja.

Thanks again for asking me your question.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:58 AM
a reply to: thothful

Personally I believe extremism is definitely hurting Muslim standings with non Muslims across the world. Not only that they are destroying your own cultural heritage sites. It's like they are really just maniacs. The poor Sufis are being singled out with the Christians and Shia.

I also believe it's only Islam itself that can fix the problem. It will take moderate Muslims and perhaps even a Reformation to fix this problem and allow the world to see there are different kinds of Muslims. It will take Muslims making a symbolic distinction from radicals. I know majid newaz is most like agnostic at this point but people like him do a lot of good. If there were folks like him on TV all the time it would definitely help.

Look at the Reformation with the Protestant movement in Christianity. It actually made the Catholic Church more responsible for their actions and it changed the church for the better.
edit on 3-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:01 AM
a reply to: mamabeth

Hey mamabeth hope all is well.

The plan for salvation. When I think of that word it first prompts me to think of the Christian idea and what my understanding of it is. I see it essentially as men and women are born in sin and once they accept the word of the Lord Jesus Christ into their lives they then are saved and this is necessary for achieving salvation.

That being said is there an Islamic equivalent to this? We believe that we must accept the message of Allah into our lives and live by His message. It is not like Christianity where there is a sudden and instant saving of one's soul(if I even understood that concept correctly, please forgive me if I haven'tt) but we are assured that by living under Islamic principles throughout our very short lives here on earth we will be given access to Jannah(paradise/heaven) on the Day of Judgment instead of being sent to the hellfire. It is repeated many times in the Qur'an that God is all merciful and that anyone can repent and ask for mercy. So in this way we can achieve salvation.

I hope this answers your question.

Thank you for asking.
edit on 3-4-2016 by thothful because: Spelled mamabeth wrong

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:04 AM
a reply to: haman10

Hello yaar,

Thank you for the welcome. I am sad to admit that my Urdu is not good, I know some but not enough. Inshallah someday I will be able to speak it fluently.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:35 PM

Thank you Thothful, for your lengthy and indepth response to my questions. I was not sure if i would receive a response. I hope you were not offended by their nature, and it was a pleasure to finally have someone who is an actual approachable, friendly Muslim provide answers for me.

Thank you again. I will read back a page or three for the previous answers you mention . I consider myself decent, and honest. I believe in live and let live. Your honesty, friendliness and sincerity in answering my questions, has gone a long way to mending bridges broken by other Muslims' behaviour. It's refreshing to hear something positive about the people who worship the UK.........all we see, read, and hear is the BAD. Up to this point.......I was starting to believe that the world was at war with every Muslim on Earth. You've done more to repair that damage by opening yourself up to possible criticism of your faith, and taking flak from some people...........than 90% of our political leàders do. And you haven't backed away once. You too.......are a decent man, and I hope you know you've changed at least one mans perception about Islam and its followers. I wish you well

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:12 PM
a reply to: raymondshaw

Thank you for the kind words. I am happy to have made a positive difference.

Thank you again and peace be with you.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:16 PM
Welcome to ATS. How would you (and other muslims on ATS) prevent future attacks by your Muslim extremist brethern?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:48 PM
It is a good vibe to see people greeting the young brother so welcomingly.

I am proud of the ATS people. I think deep down inside we’re all good people.

Once the true source of evil…the true devil is exposed…indeed,
once this Matrix is upended we’ll all be all right and friends again.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:27 PM
do you wipe your butt with your bare left hand?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:41 PM
How would you react if a close family member confided in you that he or she was really an atheist? Would you still love him/her?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:54 PM
a reply to: raymondshaw

I have to admit I see both sides of the issue and that's why it's tough. Of course not all muslims want to kill you. But as a friend told me suppose I gave you a thousand jellybeans and told you 10 were poisoned would you eat them? Logic tells us you of course would not. This is the damage caused by jihahdi terrorists they hide in thr muslim population look just like ordinary jelly beans. The only way I guess tI find them is other muslims report them and looking in to their background. Tough job considering places like Syria we have no background.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:34 PM
a reply to: milom123

No I do not. I'm actually left handed. So my first inclination is to use my right. Even though using left is more proper.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:38 PM
a reply to: paadope

Yes I would still love them. But I would explain to them that I do believe they should at least believe in God. Though I couldn't force them to change there position I would be willing to talk to them about why they chose that path.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:41 PM
a reply to: CT_Flyboy

Well if someone were to suggest that they wanted to do something like that I would try my best to talk them out of it. It would probably be a lot of religious debate.

I also think leading by example is a good idea, working hard and trying to show them there are other opportunities in life and other possibilities.

And if worst came to worst I would have to report them before someone was harmed.

edit on 3-4-2016 by thothful because: spelling

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:47 PM
a reply to: onequestion

No I do not hate white people.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:20 PM

How would you deal with extended, more hardline family or friends staying with you? Would your family change their lifestyle out of concern of their reporting back to Iran or to hardliners in your community that you and your family are bad muslims? Especially after trying to convince them of the error of their ways? (This happened to a friend of mine from Turkey. He was terrified of what they would do to him, he moved a long, long ways away. This occurred in the 1980s)

edit on 4-4-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:48 PM
a reply to: seentoomuch

I am not really sure. Too be honest I just don't see myself in that position. My overseas family doesn't really visit me much. Last time anyone stayed at my house from overseas I was 11.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:54 PM
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Thank you for the welcome Cloudbuster. Sorry for the late reply.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:59 PM
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:20 PM

Do you think it's possible that one day your not gonna want to be a part of any religion, but rather, seeking another truth to your existence? Perhaps a truth which gives you nothing but freedom?

I'm asking because I genuinely want to know your answer. Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>