It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a 25 year old Pakistani Muslim male living in the USA.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sHuRuLuNi

originally posted by: AllIsOne
a reply to: sHuRuLuNi

I call total BS on your Apologist explanations:

- So you're trying to say that women have the same standing as men according to the Quran?

- Why is Allah so concerned with sodomy, but pedophilia seems to be ok? Muhammad's marriage to a six-year-old and intercourse at 9 is not a problem???!!! Sorry, don't even try to justify this with cultural BS of that time. Any man who can have sex with a nine-year-old has a SERIOUS problem.

Where in the Qur'an did Allah say that pedophilia is OK? In fact, read the Qur'an and see what God says when it is OK to marry someone. Or, wait, I will tell you, since you seem to be too lazy to read it: It says that one can only marry a person that is physically AND mentally ripe - i.e. after the puberty.
Muhammad married Aisha when she was between 19 and 26 yrs old. No, I don't care what one hadith says somewhere --- I care about when I analyze multiple hadith and compare her age with that of her sister and events describing various stages in history - which then give you her real age. If a hadith says she was 6 or 9 years old, but the Qur'an tells you to only marry someone after the puberty and only if they are physically AND mentally ripe - then, as in EVERY OTHER INSTANCE - the Qur'an has precedence and such hadith is to be discarded.

I find it very strange that Allah would pick a pedophile as his messenger. And moving the goalposts is one of the oldest tricks in the book and it never works, because everybody can clearly see that you've moved the goalposts … lol. So when a hadith is convenient it builds the foundation of Islam, but when it becomes "morally inconvenient" it must be discarded? Is that how it works? Funny enough that particular hadith was never questioned in the Arab world until westerners started to point out that 9 is a bit young for sex …! Also, according to the Quran, which by your definition is the law, the max amount of wives is 4. I guess that didn't apply to Muhammad?

And thanks for not replying to the gender equality problem in the Quran.

I'm just amazed that adults are defending morally corrupt texts because somebody claims it's from "Allah/God". And make no mistake, some religious texts are worse than others …
edit on 4-4-2016 by AllIsOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: thothful
a reply to: sHuRuLuNi

It really is amazing how people will take one Hadith as Gospel but completely neglect the others that discuss how Aisha actually felt about the Prophet(PBUH) and her marriage to him.
It is really kind of tragic, they do not realize that they have fell victim to that which they accuse us of: being taken in by some manipulator with a lot of vitriol and hate in their veins and letting that person control their minds to be the same way. It just takes one slanted article by one angry person to make people so unaware and full of hate. Absolutely tragic.

What they accuse the fundamentalist imams of doing is exactly the samething that the far right anti muslim media people do. They really are the same kind of animal.

Generally speaking: the Muslim hadith issue is one hot mess to start with. It's hearsay at its worst, totally unreliable, and highly politicized. The problem is that people get killed over it …

As for me being manipulated: No! I've looked at Muhammed with open eyes, and I didn't like what I saw. When you look at his life, as documented in the Quran, the state your religion is in, is actually not a surprise. After he moved to Medina the prophet became more belligerent and paranoid. His lust for power was only rivaled by his lust for women. You are following a "religion" that is based in war and conquest. This also explains why the religion of peace has been at war within itself for centuries.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yes you are absolutely right. The BIG problem that we all have is that NONE of us are world experts on what we read, see, and hear as the OFFICIAL Party line..........whether it's pro or anti Islam. We ALL get spoon fed by the government run world media's........ who our enemies are, and why. We can't grasp that these people have their OWN agendas. It matters not if it's Muslim lied to by IS........or Western Public led to by their respective Governments as to why we should go to war with IS.

For example........where has Alquaeda gone.......or the Taliban???? Where has Boko Haram gone...........whats happened to 500 schoolgirls kidnapped by MUSLIMS????? What's happened to ALL the Islamic State beheadings of Westerners to fuel hate?? You don't read nor hear about ANY of it anymore. It was all used as Propaganda......and fuelled a Hatred of innocent Muslims because of the way it was reported. WE.......only know what our Governing bodies choose to TELL US..........and what the mainstream media reports.

We then shifted to migrants didn't we.......to influence peoples Christian charity, and open borders. "Yes" we were told......."we know theyre not real refugees, but you HAVE to let them in". Then all the rapes, riots, sexual assaults and violence started.........and with it.........the media's FAILURE to report it, or report it correctly. People asked..........."wheres all the women and kids???? Why are they ALL young men with mobile phones???". You have to look on YouTube to find the video footage of it. And all the time.........people like Thothful......are being stigmatised and tarred with the same brush because of their faith. There is two sides.......You are correct. But the violent actions of one side or the other.......... are being promoted as a justification for violent action...... for whatever reason suits the the leaders of this modern, and Religeous Crusade. Thothfuls probably NO different to anyone else on here. Stuck in the middle of this political cobblers. We are ALL being brainwashed by false reporting. Also.......we make much out of Muslims being radicalised into fighting for IS............but we forget about how incorrect and falsified reporting radicalises us into assuming ALL Muslims are BAAAAADD. Don't get me wrong.......from what ive heard about the Deities of Islam and their choice of sexual partners, and wifes age.......(and I'm presuming I've understood it correctly, as explained to me by someone who knows for A FACT......)..im no Islamic Faith lover either based on that. But these head cutting arseholes of Islamic State, who endorse brutal violence, and this SICK Caliphate they want to set up........ should be wiped from the Earth, radicalised or not. Apologies for profanity or offence caused.
edit on 5/4/2016 by raymondshaw because: Incomplete response to reply, and corrections of statement

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymondshaw
a reply to: dragonridr

Yes you are absolutely right. The BIG problem that we all have is that NONE of us are world experts on what we read, see, and hear as the OFFICIAL Party line..........whether it's pro or anti Islam. We ALL get spoon fed by the government run world media's........ who our enemies are, and why. We can't grasp that these people have their OWN agendas. It matters not if it's Muslim lied to by IS........or Western Public led to by their respective Governments as to why we should go to war with IS.

It's always best to go to the source and build your own opinion. There are English translations of the Quran. You don't need journalists for that… ;-)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SpirIns

I went through that once. From age 20-24. After those years I determined that a person should still hold onto there formal religion, especially when life beats you back, at least for me, I appreciate having religion to turn too.
As far as seeking a truth that gives nothing but freedom I'll say this, every morning when I wake up I write my dreams down and meditate on their meaning. I believe that for me to be able to cognize any sort of truth I have to reconcile my day time mind with my night time mind. Whether that leads to freedom, I'm not sure, but freedom isn't what I really set out to find, more so I want to understand what is good(or just) and live in accordance to that.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AllIsOne

Err......no, I don't think so. I'd have to disagree. The reason being.........you are still relying on someone's INTERPRETATION of that translation. And that someone might not be a Muslim, or might have their own reasons for misinterpreting what's written. In other words.........you can't trust anyone to present FACT as FACT when it comes to Religion. There are several versions of the Bible........and several different Religious sects that all purport to speak Gods word.

Anybody remember Reverand Jim Jones.......in Guyana in the 70's??? Or David Koresh and the Branch Davidians in Waco, Texas?? Then you've got your menanites, Quakers, Amish, Catholics, Christians, C of E, Protestants, Mormons......etc..etc...etc. All worshipping the ONE same God, from different books.........written by different factions of the same Deity.

So I'm sorry my friend, I do not like to disagree or destroy your point. But I believe it's misguided. ALL Religions......are nothing more than a brainwashing conditioning........to make the world's population susceptible to MASS CONTROL by authorities world wide. That's my opinion. If they didn't follow Religion, then they were a witch, or a Devil Worshipper, or an Atheist, or a Communist, or a Fascist, or a Racist, or.........as in today's terminology.......you're a terrorist, or extremist, or a paedophile, or an Islamophobic.

Tell me........WHO'S translation of Thothfuls Quran am I reading ?........And how I can I verify its origins of truth when I only know what I am TOLD about its contents by people proclaiming to speak for the translated version?? That's why I think that dialogue with people like Thothful.........a Muslim who has opened his self up to questioning........ is more productive than reading a printed text that teaches a misinterpreted ideology. He knows what questions, and innuendo about paedophilia in his religion are coming his way, but has still opened himself up to possible hostility. Tomorrows world is only possible, because of yesterdays corrupt editing of the written facts. Never trust a book that has to be translated
edit on 6/4/2016 by raymondshaw because: Unfinished statement

edit on 6/4/2016 by raymondshaw because: Unfinished statement

edit on 6/4/2016 by raymondshaw because: Small edit

edit on 6/4/2016 by raymondshaw because: Small edit

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymondshaw

Err......no, I don't think so. I'd have to disagree. The reason being.........you are still relying on someone's INTERPRETATION of that translation. And that someone might not be a Muslim, or might have their own reasons for misinterpreting what's written. In other words.........you can't trust anyone to present FACT as FACT when it comes to Religion. There are several versions of the Bible........and several different Religious sects that all purport to speak Gods word.

Anybody remember Reverand Jim Jones.......in Guyana in the 70's??? Or David Koresh and the Branch Davidians in Waco, Texas?? Then you've got your menanites, Quakers, Amish, Catholics, Christians, C of E, Protestants, Mormons......etc..etc...etc. All worshipping the ONE same God, from different books.........written by different factions of the same Deity.

Sorry mate, but it's actually not that deep. You may not get the beautiful Arabic poetry as the native readers do, but there are numerous English translations that any Muslim can recommend. The gestalt of the religion is still the same.

So I'm sorry my friend, I do not like to disagree or destroy your point. But I believe it's misguided. ALL Religions......are nothing more than a brainwashing conditioning........to make the world's population susceptible to MASS CONTROL by authorities world wide. That's my opinion. If they didn't follow Religion, then they were a witch, or a Devil Worshipper, or an Atheist, or a Communist, or a Fascist, or a Racist, or.........as in today's terminology.......you're a terrorist, or extremist, or a paedophile, or an Islamophobic.

You must have me mixed up. I'm not the one saying that any religion is good for us. Where did you get that from my replies???

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I've looked at Muhammed with open eyes, and I didn't like what I saw. When you look at his life, as documented in the Quran,

Muhammed's life IS NOT DOCUMENTED IN THE QUR'AN.

So, once again, an "expert" ... please stop talking about things you have no knowledge of.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: sHuRuLuNi

I've looked at Muhammed with open eyes, and I didn't like what I saw. When you look at his life, as documented in the Quran,

Muhammed's life IS NOT DOCUMENTED IN THE QUR'AN.

So, once again, an "expert" … please stop talking about things you have no knowledge of.

My stomach hurts from laughing … Are you really a Muslim, or just bored and want to play a semantics game???

Some Selected Verses From The Holy Qur'an On
OUR BELOVED PROPHET MUHAMMAD
Sallallahu 'alayhi wa Sallam

HIS EXALTED STATUS

1. He is Nur (Sacred Light) (5:15)
2. Allah blesses him (33:56)
3. Mercy for all the worlds (21:107)
4. His name is Muhammad (Meaning the Most Praised One) (47:2)
5. Allah has exalted his Zikr (remembrance) (94:1-4)
6. His exaltation on the Night of Mi’raj: his heavenly ascent (53:8-9)
7. His Station of Praise (Al-Maqam al-Mahmud) (17:79)

THE BELOVED OF ALLAH

1. If you want to gain the love of Allah, follow him (3:31)
2. Allah addresses him with love and affection (20:1) (36:1) (73:1) (74:1)
3. Allah says: Realize that My Prophetic Messenger himself is with you (49:7)
4. Allah describes him with His Own Attributes of Rauf (Most Kind) and Rahim (Merciful) (9:128)
5. Allah Himself praises him (33:45-47)
6. Possessor of Allah’s Grace (4:113)
7. He is a special favour of Allah (Sub’hanahu wa Ta’ala) (3:164)
8. Allah does not punish people if he is in their midst (8:33)
9. Allegiance to him is allegiance to Allah (48:10)

HE RECEIVED THE HOLY QUR'AN

1. Allah gave him Surah al-Fatiha and the whole Qur’an (15:87)
2. Totally inspired (53:3-4)
3. Allah revealed the Noble Qur’an on his blessed heart (26:192-197)
4. The first revelation he received (96:1)
5. Teaches the Holy Qur’an and Hadith Sharif (Wisdom) and purifies people (62:2)

AMONG THE PROPHETS ('Alayhimussalam)

1. He is the Final Prophet (Sallallahu ‘alayhi wa Sallam) (33:40)
2. Mentioned first among the greatest Prophets (‘Alayhimussalam) (33:7) (4:163)
3. A Prophet whom Allah appointed with proven prophecies (30:1-6) (48:1) (48:27) (61:13)
4. Given the knowledge of the unseen (3:179)
5. Nabi Ibrahim (‘Alayhissalam) prayed for his coming (2:129)
6. Foretold by Nabi ‘Isa (Jesus) (‘Alayhissalam) (61:6)
7. Allah asks all the Prophets to believe in him (3:81)
8. Confirms the previous (Prophetic) Messengers of Allah (37:37)

SERVES ONLY ALLAH (THE GLORIFIED AND THE EXALTED)

1. Worships only Allah (Sub’hanahu wa Ta’ala) (72:19-20)
2. Puts total trust in Allah (Sub’hanahu wa Ta’ala) (9:129)
3. Selflessly labours for Allah, asks for no reward (25:57) (42:23)
4. Rewarded by Allah (68:3) (108:1)

HIS EXEMPLARY CHARACTER

1. Most examplary character (33:21) (68:4)
2. Sadiq (Truthful) (33:22)
3. Final judge and arbiter (4:65) (24:51)
4. Honoured, Noble (69: 40)
5. Forgiving (7:199)
6. He is Burhan (Clear Proof) (4:174)
7. Brave: Commands Muslims in battle (3:121)

PREACHES ISLAM

1. Established the correct Message of Islam (6:161-163) (39:11-12)
2. Preacher to all humanity (4:170) (25:1) (34:28)
3. He is Bashir and Nadhir (Bearer of glad tidings and a warner) (5:19)
4. Invites people to Islam (12:108)
5. Even the jinn respond to his call (46:29-31)
6. He brought the truth (17:81) (39:33)
7. He brought a new law (Shari’a) (7:157)
8. A perfect guide to be followed (7:158)
9. He calls you to that which gives you life (8:24)
10. Brings people from the darkness (of Ignorance) to the Light (of Islam) (65:11)
11. His religion prevails over all religion (48:28)

HIS BLESSED FAMILY AND COMPANIONS (Rady Allahu 'Anhum)

1. His Family purified by Allah (Sub’hanahu wa Ta’ala) (33:33)
2. His Companions praised by Allah (Sub’hanahu wa Ta’ala) (48:29)
3. His Companions: The Muhajirin and the Ansar (8:74) (9:100) (59:8-9)
4. His Companions pledge allegiance to him (48:18)

BELIEVE, HONOUR, LOVE, RESPECT AND OBEY HIM

1. Believe, honour and respect him (48:9) (61:11)
2. Love Allah and His Beloved Prophet more than anything else (9:24)
3. He is closer to the believers than their own selves (33:6)
4. Respect him (49:1-3)
5. Obey Allah (Ta’ala) and His Beloved Prophet (Sallallahu ‘alayhi wa Sallam)
(3:132) (4:13) (4:59) (4:69) (4:80) (9:71) (24:52) (24:54) (24:56) (33:71) (49:14) (64:12)

6. Follow the Commands of Allah (Sub’hanahu wa Ta’ala)
and of His Beloved Prophet (Sallallahu ‘alayhi wa Sallam) (33:36)
7. Whatever he gives you, take it (59:7)
8. The reward of believing in him (57:28)

WAGED JIHAD AMIDST PERSECUTION

1. Non-believers plot to kill him (8:30)
2. His persecution (22:39-40)
3. Commanded to fight alone for Allah (Sub’hanahu wa Ta’ala) (4:84)
4. He led Muslims in prayer while in battle (4:102)
5. Allah asks him to seek peace (8:61)
6. Allah helped him in Jihad (33:9)
7. Allah made him victorious (110:1)

HIS MIRACLES

1. Living miracle: The Holy Qur’an (2:23) (17:88) (52:34)
2. Human miracle: he was the wasila (means) through whom people’s hearts were transformed (5:83)
3. Heavenly miracle: Isra’ and Mi’raj (his heavenly ascent) (17:1) (53:8-18)
4. Historic miracle: Hijra; escaped while surrounded (9:40)
5. The miracle of the Battle of Badr: Victory against all odds (3:123-125)
6. The splitting of the moon (54:1-2)

INTERCESSOR (SHAFI')

1. Allah appointed him as an intercessor to plead for people’s forgiveness (3:159) (4:64) (60:12)
2. An accepted intercessor (19:87) (20:109)
3. His supplication a relief for hearts (9:103)

Compiled by: Siddiq Osman Noormuhammad
Toronto, 1421/2000

And once again: thank you for not addressing the gender equality thingy regarding the religion of peace …!!!???
edit on 6-4-2016 by AllIsOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Well for a start.......I have attained NO information, or quotes...... at all from your messages. What you have and have not said, i have NO knowledge of, nor do I care. And NO......I do not have you mixed up.

I merely responded to your message you left me, about reading a translated Quran, by making a statement. It was a solicited response. And unfortunately.........when reading a book , or having one interpreted for you, can drive your mental state into committing pure EVIL.......with a smile on ya face......and have you decapitating another Human Being.........in the name of an imaginary Deity....you'll find it REALLY IS that DEEP.

I don't NEED to read the Quran, or the Bible for that matter........in English, or in any language. Because these 2 Books, and their interpretations....... have killed MORE innocent people in human history than anything else. I'm sorry pal, but I REALLY do have better things to do in my life than read Religious Crap..........that describes a fantasy world, with colourful characters who probably never existed, and history cannot prove otherwise. Two books by the way that have no more basis in TRUTH........than Harry Potter or Alice in Wonderland. As I said in my reply before........used to control and manipulate the masses into conforming........or words to that effect.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hello there

Here some WELCOME cookies

ATS made sure they are Halal

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: thothful

Hi Again Thothful, hope you're ok,
In the UK recently, we had a Muslim store owner who was murdered...........by OTHER Muslims. His crime ??.........He insulted the prophet, by wishing his Christian countrymen a HAPPY EASTER!!! Bad isn't it? That's why I told you i that I am so undecided and confused about Islam when I first contacted you.

Could I ask please, Do you ever fear other Muslims and what they think of your interaction with white people who are not of your faith? Have you ever encountered any hostility from people in your circles?? And......have you ever been aware of radicals or anything anti Western in your Muslim community?? Also........what kind of positive or negative reaction have you experienced as a result of the questions you've answered??

I'll be honest..........I'm NOT a religious man, and as I explained to someone else on here.........I think that Religion is USED to control the masses into conforming. Not just Islam.......ALL Religions. Christianity too. I don't really need an ideology, Religion, or a God to know how to treat people with a bit of respect.

By the way, most Castles in England are ruins lol. But there's still some fully structured ones standing. They have them in Scotland and Wales too. Just DON'T go expecting them all to look like Camelot, or like the Robin Hood ones, or like they do in the movies ok. Nice talking to you again.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: raymondshaw

Hi Raymondshaw,

Nice to hear from you again.

Yes there have been times where I have felt threatened by other Muslims. I wish people happy Easter and merry Christmas all the time.

Growing up, especially when I was younger there would be those "bully" type of people telling you what to do. Usually from people your own age. Too be honest though I think most of these bully types just use religion as an excuse to be horrible to others. And often times the real problem is racism or simple hate because someone is doing better than they are. A lot of racism, at least in my day, you would see Pakistanis and Afghans being racist to each other or Syrians being racist to Algerians. On and on.

It's a shame about this man who was murdered, maybe it was because he wished people happy Easter, or maybe they just used that as an excuse to unleash whatever hate they had for him, maybe they couldn't stand seeing someone running his own business doing well for himself.

I personally have done a lot to separate myself from these type of people, really they are a small minority but they always seem to be a few in each community. And I can think of many bad memories of having to deal with them. Growing up, I have known a lot of these types and I have seen what happens to them, most of them are in and out of jail, and if they have money it's because their parents own a gas station or liquor store that keeps them thriving.

I can say I am glad to be a grown man and glad that I have realized I don't need to communicate with them if I do not want to.

I haven't been aware of any people who are overtly anti western or radical. I mean, just in my own mind, no particular person comes to my mind that I can say "oh yeah, that guy definitely." Most of the bully types wouldn't do it themselves, they would just con other people to do the dirty work.

Radicalized types seem to be a different breed altogether. Quiet, not involved heavily, outsider types. I am still unsure exactly to be honest.

I have a friend whose last name is Fetherston. I know there is a castle from the old noble Featherstonhaugh family in Northern England. I think it would be cool to see it with him. But I understand what you are saying about the ruins haha,, thank you for enlightening me about that so I do not have false expectations.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: realnewsrealfunny

Thank you for the welcome realnewsrealfunny

And thanks for the cookies!

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: thothful
a reply to: VP740

Greetings VP740,

I am an American citizen, I was born in France and came here when I was almost 5. I grew up in the USA.

Pleased to meet you.

These are not gotcha questions, I'm just curious:

1) Are you a naturalized citizen?
2) Why did your family come to the USA?
3) Do you lean more conservative or liberal?
4) Do you think President Obama is an apostate?
5) Do you live in a 'melting pot' community, or is it majority Muslim?
6) If majority muslim, are there radical influences found there?
7) What did you think of the attempted revolution in Iran, and then the Arab Spring?
8) What is your opinion on the Benghazi attack?
edit on 8-4-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Hello Teikiatsu,

1. I was born in France and became a citizen after I came here. I guess you can say I was naturalized but because of my young age I didn't have to take any tests to become a citizen like older people have too.

2. It was come here, stay in France or live in Pakistan, my mothers family was already here so she wanted to come to the USA. I still remember my dad asking my brothers and I if we wanted to come here, and we all answered yes, not really even sure why. I was four and a half.

3. It's hard to say. I like certain conservative ideas, smaller government is appealing to me and less taxes. I also like the entrepreneurial spirit of conservatism. I'm a registered democrat, but I'm honestly not sure if I still want to be.

4. No I do not. I respect President Obama.

5. It is a melting pot community. So many different kinds of people, Latino, East Asians, Caucasians, African Americans, and middle eastern people.

6. No radical influences that I am aware of.

7. I don't sympathize with the revolutionaries. When I first heard about the Arab spring I was in college and we discussed it in class several times. They all took the obvious pro-revolutionary/pro-democracy side. I don't believe democracy can work in that region. I never was for it, it felt "fake" to me.

8. I also thought it was ridiculous, when the story about the video came out inciting the hatred, I didn't like the way it portrayed the Libyan people, as such brainless folks they would protest over a short YouTube video. Horrible foreign policy, but they got what they wanted. I think Libya was in a better position with Gaddafi than its current situation.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I have always thought the idea of the "People of the book" would create a triad of faiths in unison as it's logocal outcome.
I can only imagine how ugly you must feel about some Jihadist acts,having lived here peacefully.
As a former soldier it is an ever present ghost.
America isn't very effective at attacking a cult, reactions can be extreme in what is essentially a targetting issue,and the current administration.
Do you see any Islamic nations offering a viable solution?
edit on 9-4-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Hey welcome thothful, I like your name choice. I too am interested in mysticism (and the Emerald tablets are quite a read) Your posts come across as well thought out and written. I don't have a question yet but Looking forward to your threads.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
A true 21st century human does not need religion. Accept that you are alone, accept responsibility for your actions. There is nothing for you after this life

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: thothful

Hello Thothful, I hope you are still well. Thankyou for the replies to my messages. I hope I have not caused offence with my questions.

One question I would like to ask, is about the migrant crisis here in the UK and Europe. With a greater risk of Jihadis returning to wage war on the West in the name of Islam, and people who are CLEARLY NOT REFUGEES or fleeing war in Syria crossing our open borders.........do you as a Muslim agree that it would be wise to close those borders and STOP all imigration until Islamic State have been wiped out?? I'd be interested in your opinion on the issue.

I agree with taking GENUINE refugees.......... Families for example. Husband's and wives with their children and grandparents seeking family safety like we all did with the Vietnamese boat people in the 70's. But we shouldn't be taking single, young, well dressed men.........equipped with the latest hi tech cell phone. And certainly NOT while women and children are suffering in Refugee camps in the SAME War Zone these cowards are running from.

Also........Why.......in your opinion, do these migrants reject, or not seek sanctuary in other Muslim countries that are closer to their own, have the same Religious belief, the same cultural background if the West is so bad ?
WHY..........come to the West and recreate the SAME violent and oppressive culture that they are seeking asylum from??
WHY..........display a contempt for all things Western and democratic as soon as they safely arrive??

I obviously don't expect you to have a difinitive set of answers for these questions lol.But your opinion as a Muslim, and as someone who has settled in a Western culture yourself, might be able to shed some light from the inside on their mindset. The questions themselves also highlight what indigenous Westerner's ask themselves. We're just sharing ideas, opinions, and thoughts so please don't take offence OK. Many thanks, and I look forward to your reply.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join