It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a 25 year old Pakistani Muslim male living in the USA.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

I simply pointed out from first person experience that most of the conflicts that I have witnessed while in your country were not due to clashes with various religious sects, they were completely within a single religious faith and thus making your previous argument false.

And the thought, that thoses conflicts might actually be just part of the usual regional warmongering (and thus deeming religion rather irrelevant), never occurred to you?

It is no comfort that the terrible tragedy of Iraq is entirely a mess of our own creation.

The Isis demand for a caliphate is about power, not religion

Yeah, right. Can't be true, blaim their religion instead. Or maybe just blaim the OP for not buying into 'your' opinion, which is obviously taken from the "Easy Solutions For Complex Problems" textbook.

And sorry for chiming in (again) when I see a point to be made. Just saying.

edit on 22-4-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: thothful
a reply to: AllIsOne

Do you think religion is the reason we do not have world peace?

I apologize for my long delay. Life happened …

When I look at the religion based disputes in the "Holy Land" I think it is a major factor. From the very beginning religion and politics have always been intertwined in that region, but the core problem is the incompatibility of the three Abrahamic religions, and their respective real estate claims. By logic they can't all be true, but they all claim to be the undisputed word of god. Curious, …
edit on 3-5-2016 by AllIsOne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: aphon

originally posted by: AllIsOne

a reply to: thothful

Quran must be pure, it's a guide for good people to read (not for bad people), and must not be contaminated by other book like Hadith.

What do you mean by pure? Why do you say the Quran is only for good people? We all know that there are good and bad guys reading the Quran. Shouldn't a bad person become better by reading the Quran instead of wanting to kill more none-believers … ?

In my opinion the Quran is a schizophrenic text that says there is no compulsion in religion, but it's ok to kill Apostates.

It's not ok to kill other than purpose of self defense. Apostate or non apostate..
If hadith says something different, then that hadith can go to hell.

You are mistaken, because the Quran itself advocates the killing of Apostates. So you say that the Quran can go to hell?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
you are answering pretty well!!
edit on 18-5-2016 by sapphireblue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Quran must be pure, it's a guide for good people to read (not for bad people), and must not be contaminated by other book like Hadith.

What do you mean by pure? Why do you say the Quran is only for good people? We all know that there are good and bad guys reading the Quran. Shouldn't a bad person become better by reading the Quran instead of wanting to kill more none-believers … ?

In my opinion the Quran is a schizophrenic text that says there is no compulsion in religion, but it's ok to kill Apostates.

It's not ok to kill other than purpose of self defense. Apostate or non apostate..

You are mistaken, because the Quran itself advocates the killing of Apostates. So you say that the Quran can go to hell?

Quran doesnt say Apostates must be killed.

Infact why dont you, for once, give proof that Quran order Muslims to kill apostates instead of incessantly making accusations over and over ?
edit on 24-5-2016 by aphon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: aphon

Greetings Aphon,

You don't have to waste anymore time on AllsOne, I brought him down like 10 pages ago. All his quotes from the Qur'an were taken and presented completely out of context.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: sapphireblue

Thanks Sapphire!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Quran doesnt say Apostates must be killed.

Infact why dont you, for once, give proof that Quran order Muslims to kill apostates instead of incessantly making accusations over and over ?

Does it say must be punished though? Is it not both a sin and a broken law.

I think anything other than banishment from the religion is unacceptable from a human rights perspective.

Not bashing Islam but this is an issue that would benefit Islam. If the punishment was like ex communication for catholics it would go along way to help human rights situations.
edit on 25-5-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Dunno which situations you had in mind but yes. Takfir

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join