posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:12 PM
a reply to: SaturnFX
Oh okay, please move this mods if appropriate.
1. I have drank alcohol a few times before, but I never liked it. I guess I am a real lightweight when it comes to alcohol. So I do not drink.
Although I was a groomsmen at a Catholic wedding recently and had a sip of champagne during a toast. Figured it was like smoking a peace pipe in
Native American culture.
2. I do not believe specifically in 72 virgins. I tend to look at Hadith as more of secondary sources versus Qur'an as a primary text. Frankly I don't
know, and I have never actually given this idea much thought. But in all honesty no I do not. I remember I went to Sunday school at the mosque as a
child and the teacher told the class that there was a chocolate river up there. Which I think is ridiculous because chocolate was not around when the
Prophet was alive as it is indigenous to the Americas. So there is a lot of weird stuff going around.
3. Only if they attempt to kill you. And even then I really don't want to. I want to be able to sleep peacefully at night.
4. I think the West needs to stop supporting Saudi Arabia, that is where the root of Wahabism lies. I do not agree with them as they are very literal
minded. I also believe that we need to have imams that are homegrown in the West at western mosques instead of importing imams from Saudi Arabia, or
other foreign countries. But first and foremost the West needs to confront the Saudis, which the West has avoided. I personally think that building an
alliance with Iran will serve to undermine Saudi interests.
5. Frankly I like democracy, well, actually I like systems where a King rules, mostly because of my readings of Plato's republic. Democracy only
functions well where there is education. Democracy fails in countries like Pakistan where half of the population is illiterate and only derive there
world view from the village imam. But my belief in God takes first place and then the country.