It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obvious Strategy of The Islamic State Is Working, You’re All Being Stupid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+226 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The amount of indiscriminate “Muslim hate” seen here on ATS and especially out in the wide-wide world, is precisely what ISIS/ISIL/Daesh is expecting. We westerners have consistently demonstrated a level of deep stupid in response to violence from radical Islam, that results in rampant Islamaphobia, Muslim hate, bigotry and intolerance. It plays directly into their stated strategy of polarizing Western society and politics, and “destroy the grayzone” (their words) by provoking overreactions against Muslims, so as to radicalize Muslim communities across Europe and North America.

In the context of this “wake the Eff Up” thread, the “you’re all” and “we” are rhetorical. Not everyone is taking the ideological bait, however, far too many are.

The problem is not Muslims, it’s the clash of ideologies of radical Islam with Western culture. And the more we react with stupidity, the more victories we hand ISIS in the battle of hearts and minds.

ATS

Here on ATS, we’ve always strived to stave-off the encroachment of ignorance and intolerance. Sometimes we’ve been successful, sometimes not, and lately; not so much.

It’s easy to paint with broad brushes. After all, it “feels” like not all Muslims are denouncing the actions of ISIS. Well, a few decades ago, not all Christians condemned the bombing of abortion clinics. It’s the nature of narrow ideologies.

Stupid Will Not Be Tolerated

Our staff has held back in the aftermath of the Paris attacks. There’s been a great deal of intolerant stupidity in many threads. While we don’t want to be thought police; on occasion we’re going to need to filter stupid if the trend we’re seeing is not abated.

Please see the issue for what it is; a global battle to provoke youre stupidity.

Don’t paint millions of people with a broad brush of ignorance.

Don’t imply violence against those millions.

Don’t be bigots.

Don’t be stupid.

Be better than the rest of the Internet. This is ATS. We (used to) know how to be better.

(Posted in the War on Terrorism forum, instead of Board Business, on purpose.)

+34 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

The word Daesh is the best word to describe these animals. Takes the whole religious connotation out of the debate and describes these terrorist for what they are.

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What more can be said ?

All I can do is give you this:

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
ISIS / Daesh has nothing to do with religion. These are fanatics way beyond any religious ideology.

Only way to deal with this "people" is to give them what they want: Death!

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I've met plenty of fine Muslim folk but have yet to meet a Muslim wishing me harm or the workin.Bad apples will always try and spoil the bushel.

i refuse to live in fear and hate. If and its a big IF i am confronted with the extreme end of the ideology I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

That was well spoken....well it's typed but you guys know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Good call .

+45 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It is very "1984" here lately. War is peace? Check, Ignorance is strength? Check, Freedom is Slavery? Check.

I understand the calls from the staff in regards to decorum and such and completely agree. I think this is a nice "beam in your eye" scenario for people. Ask yourself if these emotional responses have caused you to call for things you have previously opposed. More police state? Internment? War? Genocide? are you suddenly paying more attention to MSM? Just some things for people to consider before they completely lose their collective heads

edit on 16-11-2015 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

it’s the clash of ideologies

and

the nature of narrow ideologies.

And how many of us even consider that we, who ever we consider 'we' to be, might be 'stuck' within one of these 'narrow' ideologies ourselves.

+88 more 
link   

ISIS isnt winning any "hearts and minds" because people are upset at getting a rock concert blown up. I dont personally believe in terrorism as presented, but for the hundreds of millions worldwide who do, theyre completely justified in being cautious about Muslims. You can label them "stupid" or "racist" or "phobic", but i say reasonably and undestandably cautious. Name calling doesnt bring victims of extremism back from the dead.

Did you give youself the 34 flags this thread has?
edit on 16-11-2015 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

While I tend to "lean" more toward "liberal" than "conservative," I'm definitely not in the camp that feels necessary to take out the religious component. These radical groups (and every religion has them) are using their interpretation of their religion as a weapon. We called it "weaponized Islam" in an NLBS episode, and I think that's a more accurate description than any.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

The word Daesh is the best word to describe these animals. Takes the whole religious connotation out of the debate and describes these terrorist for what they are.

I admit, I call them ISIS both because Isis is an Egyptian deity that has nothing to do with Islam & because I see them as the Iblis State of Iraq & Syria/Levant (Iblis is the original name for our Devil, Shaytan).

As for the OP: Thanks for this thread. I keep trying to point out what's really going on w/these Wahhabi extremists & their backers, but I'm starting to see it as a pointless endeavor. Sometimes I literally have to force myself to keep speaking up about it on ATS, because there's no telling who might become curious enough to start fact checking these groups.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
This is ATS. We (used to) know how to be better.

Why do you think this change occurred?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
It is very "1984" here lately. War is peace? Check, Ignorance is strength? Check, Freedom is Slavery? Check.

I understand the calls from the staff in regards to decorum and such and completely agree. I think this is a nice "beam in your eye" scenario for people. Ask yourself if these emotional responses have caused you to call for things you have previously opposed. More police state? Internment? War? Genocide? are you suddenly paying more attention to MSM? Just some things for people to consider before they completely lose their collective heads

Exactly. It's like people are just looking for the right excuse to throw away the things they claim they believe in.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Well said! And I couldn't agree more!

Well, a few decades ago, not all Christians condemned the bombing of abortion clinics. It’s the nature of narrow ideologies.

They aren't condemning them now either (yes they've started up again).

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki
Why do you think this change occurred?

Fear is the mind-killer.

That, and an epic ton of propaganda out in the wild.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: flammadraco

I admit, I call them ISIS both because Isis is an Egyptian deity that has nothing to do with Islam & because I see them as the Iblis State of Iraq & Syria/Levant (Iblis is the original name for our Devil, Shaytan).

As for the OP: Thanks for this thread. I keep trying to point out what's really going on w/these Wahhabi extremists & their backers, but I'm starting to see it as a pointless endeavor. Sometimes I literally have to force myself to keep speaking up about it on ATS, because there's no telling who might become curious enough to start fact checking these groups.

I, for one, am glad you do.

I'm not a religious guy, but I'm trying to learn about the different sects and who hates whom, and why. It's really hard to get my head around. I need all the help I can get.

For example, I just found out about the term Daesh a few days ago. What does that mean?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Everyone is against tyranny unless its their own brand of tyranny.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Thanks for being honest enough to call it what it is......stupidity.

There have been a few threads I've participated in after the Paris attacks in which I tried to respectfully get that point across, and a couple times not so respectful.

Ignorance and stupidity is a driving force behind many of our personal bias and beliefs. We have to let reason and logic overcome our preconceived bias'.

Perhaps it's just as much about ego as it is stupidity?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I was speaking to a friend from lebanon today, o mentioned the terrorist attack in Beirut and his reply was..
"See... Muslim is killing Muslim aswell.. no just...."

I stopped him there and changed subject as he is a good friend and didn't want to get into that debate.... he is a decent guy that doesn't get involved and laughs of the jihadists as fools..

But I did think this has also changed the attitude of good honest Muslims toward westerners in that they think we are making assumptions or looking down on them..

So the tact of Isis is actually working both ways...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join