It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obvious Strategy of The Islamic State Is Working, You’re All Being Stupid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Seems a bit harsh to call people stupid for hating Islam, they not only have the right to hate Islam, but throughout history Islam has been "weaponized" as you later said, providing more and more fuel for this fear. I think you're giving ISIS too much credit, almost implying that they created this fear and hatred. The fear and hatred has always been there, ISIS has just figured out how to use it against us and change it from a source of passion and motivation and turn it into our greatest weakness.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
In reality it isn't a muslim problem. It is a problem of cultures which do not assimilate and/or melt into the host country. And it is a problem of multiculturalist who think there can be a successful multicultural non-police state. It is one thing to have a minority culture under 5% as it is a novelty for western culture and cannot influence politics. Once said minority is over 10% and a majority in small areas problems arise. It creates instability for the nation state especially if the minority is politically active and underachieves or overachieves economically.

link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Now, when a bomb explodes and kills people and we're informed Muslims did it, we react a certain way. That way is to become suspicious of Muslims, the stated source of the bombing.

When a Christian blows up a abortion clinic are Christians treated the same way as Muslims? No they aren't because some Priest will appear on tv and say the killers don't represent Christianity and then everything is forgiven.

Thats known as "logical". If you see a guy get mauled to death by lions, and you then avoid lions, does that then make you "stupid"? Of course not.

Having to resort to using the animal kingdom to justify your statement shows that is hardly logical.

Nothing wrong with that and i get it, but in the wake of 80 killed, to pretend there are no precautions one should take regarding Muslims IS, in fact...stupid.

Extremist Christian groups have murdered far more people than extremist Muslims have in America so what precautions should we take against Christians?

link   
a reply to: Thill

Have you read the OP? I mean read rather than skimmed for splinters?

Let's not condemn a whole group for the outrages of a few. That's about the sum of it.

IS and the assholes who attacked Paris deserve condemnation. They obviously do.

Does a middle-class Muslim family in suburbia deserve to be condemned because of what the Paris attackers did? Are we allowed to generalise across millions of people because of the acts of a minority of bastards? Assuming you're an intelligent rational person, your answer will be no.

Is that correct?

If it is, you are in agreement with the OP.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

This is just the beginning of Stupidity, Racism, and outright insanity we are about to experience on ATS.

Already I see new members and some older member with an agenda of spreading hate and division among the members.

I don't envy the mods!!

God help us...

edit on 16-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Now, when a bomb explodes and kills people and we're informed Muslims did it, we react a certain way. That way is to become suspicious of Muslims, the stated source of the bombing.

When a Christian blows up a abortion clinic are Christians treated the same way as Muslims? No they aren't because some Priest will appear on tv and say the killers don't represent Christianity and then everything is forgiven.

Thats known as "logical". If you see a guy get mauled to death by lions, and you then avoid lions, does that then make you "stupid"? Of course not.

Having to resort to using the animal kingdom to justify your statement shows that is hardly logical.

Nothing wrong with that and i get it, but in the wake of 80 killed, to pretend there are no precautions one should take regarding Muslims IS, in fact...stupid.

Extremist Christian groups have murdered far more people than extremist Muslims have in America so what precautions should we take against Christians?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

There intent is not to make you hate islam. Their intent is to let you know that they can get to you no matter where you are. And in doing so can destroy your way of life. What plays in to their hands is not being prepared to take the fight to them meaning their way of life us unchanged. And I also feel the west can't ignore the fact that Islamic terrorists are in fact born out of Islam granted may or may not be a misinterpretation depending on one's belief. But none the less it is a contributing factor. And to ignore that plays into their hands as well. It takes several things to make a terrorist but one thing they all have in common is a strong belief. Either in a religion or some injustice making the rest of society the enemy and their group the protectors.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
double post

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
double post

link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: TomLawless

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: flammadraco

The word Daesh is the best word to describe these animals. Takes the whole religious connotation out of the debate and describes these terrorist for what they are.

I admit, I call them ISIS both because Isis is an Egyptian deity that has nothing to do with Islam & because I see them as the Iblis State of Iraq & Syria/Levant (Iblis is the original name for our Devil, Shaytan).

As for the OP: Thanks for this thread. I keep trying to point out what's really going on w/these Wahhabi extremists & their backers, but I'm starting to see it as a pointless endeavor. Sometimes I literally have to force myself to keep speaking up about it on ATS, because there's no telling who might become curious enough to start fact checking these groups.

I, for one, am glad you do.

I'm not a religious guy, but I'm trying to learn about the different sects and who hates whom, and why. It's really hard to get my head around. I need all the help I can get.

For example, I just found out about the term Daesh a few days ago. What does that mean?

Oh. Well thanks

Daesh/Daish is an Arabic acronym for "Dawlat al-Islamiyah f'al-Iraq wa al-Sham", which translates into "Islamic State of Iraq & Syria". The Arab countries always refer to ISIS as Daesh/Daish, since the word also has a negative connotation in Arabic. It's close to a word that basically means "they who crush under their foot", "crushing", "they who trample", etc (basically calling them barbarians or ruthless oppressors). Apparently, the word is also close to an Arabic word "Dahes", which means "one who sows discord" (I just found that out lol).

I wrote a thread about the different major denominations in Islam, and it should explain it better than I can right now. But it's in my thread history, which I can't remember how to find.

Thanks for your time. I will definitely check it out.

link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Why would I want the Sunni refugees in my country? Inviting Sunni is inviting a possibility of more indoctrinated insane souls by Saudi Arabia.

It is very interesting how easy is for extreme actions to result in fertile ground for more extreme views and ignorance.

One thing that most people don't ask them self - is this actually ISIS plan altogether?!

We're all seen rivers of people trying to escape ISIS rule, but what if those acts of terror supposed to stop all of that - because what good is land they control if they don't have living to terrorize and rule?!

Here is interesting article in WP - The Islamic State wants you to hate refugees
edit on 16-11-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If it wasn't for stupidity then ats would not of lasted this long.

link   
double post

link   
Part of the problem is that we are encountering a new kind of war.

ISIS is guerilla warfare group that does not operate inside a known flag (country). Instead, they operate more or less like the army of a religion and consider the practitioners of that religion to be their "flag" in a sense. Because of that, they move freely over borders and set up operations moving among their co-religionists more or less at will.

And I'm not saying this to condemn the other Muslims.

Think about it. There are refugees from Syria who are Christian. How many Christians of other nations are desperately trying to help their co-religionists, knowing only really about the commonality of faith? How many times have churches offered sanctuary based only on commonality of faith?

This is a common thing for people of faith. So I wouldn't Muslims to behave differently here, but it does give ISIS an easy highway to move.

So you more or less have a guerilla army that move its battlefield into the midst of your civilian population at will.

I'm not sure how exactly you combat that. I don't think anyone really knows for sure, and I think that's what has people so upset.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
As this is precisely about ISIS/ISIL and nothing else, I don't know why we don't call this group a "CULT".

Definition of a CULT: A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or as imposing excessive control over members.

Cults can be from any religion so I don't see why Moslems shouldn't have cults alongside other groups.
This, IMHO, seems the most accurate definition.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
Seriously? Maybe I'm reading a different Bible, but I don't see where it says for Christians who follow Christ to go out an murder people if they don't believe. The part I read says to shake the dust from your feet and move on.

In Deuteronomy, you shall be killed if you worship the wrong God. Specifically chapter 17: where God orders the killing of everyone who doesn't believe in him, or even listen to his priests.

In Samuel, God orders the killing of all Amalekites and their livestock.

There's lots of it, as I said.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

I don't know a staffer who supports anti-Muslim rhetoric and hatred.

There's a spectrum of opinion that allows for views that fall within the T&Cs. Every day I read posts that piss me off or offend me and it's fine; we all do, don't we?

As staff, we have to set aside our personal opinions and only action posts that breach the T&Cs. At least, we try to as members and fallible humans.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
they don't like it

What does Daesh mean? ISIS 'threatens to cut out the tongues' of anyone using this word

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: templar knight

"Sect" may be more appropriate than "cult". These people gain support and sympathy from their surrounding culture as apposed to a "cult" which operates in isolation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join