It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obvious Strategy of The Islamic State Is Working, You’re All Being Stupid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing".
So we sleep walk into oblivion. What would YOU put forward as a solution to this problem?
You are correct in blaming the clash of ideologies, but you make a huge mistake in only blaming "radicals". In the majority of Muslim communities in the western world (I hope you notice there I said Muslim communities because THEY are segregating themselves from their host countries not the countries they are in) even moderate Muslim culture clashes with western society. If you can't see that then!!!
As the majority of these terrorists have been living and sheltered in these enclaves just what do you expect of the population living in these areas who see and recognise this fact.
The softly, softly approach does not and will not work as ignoring them will only lead to more and more attrocities.
What do you want done?

+33 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
You state not to paint a broad brush against muslims, but label part of you're thread title as "You're all being stupid." That seems like painting a broad brush to me....and to all of us here at ATS.

I don't recall reading about Christians hiding behind women and children.

These folks are cowards and how anyone can claim islam is a religion of peace is beyond me. Sure, there are muslims who aren't into killing non-muslims, but if push came to shove, and they were forced to fight as the quran dictates or die, what would they do.

While I try not to hate any human being, I sure as heck hate the tactics and ideology of a "religion" that states that all non-believers must convert or die. And as long as these nutcases exist, then we need to resist.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
So we sleep walk into oblivion. What would YOU put forward as a solution to this problem?

There is nothing in my opening post that alludes to the possible notion that I'm potentially hinting at a solution for weaponized Islam.

In the majority of Muslim communities in the western world (I hope you notice there I said Muslim communities because THEY are segregating themselves from their host countries not the countries they are in) even moderate Muslim culture clashes with western society.

That's not uncommon. Here in New York City, we have entire areas focused on ethic/cultural groups; Korean, Muslim, Chinese, Italian, French, Ukraine, Polish, German, Indian, Pakistani... the list goes on.

Your stupid is showing.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Over the past few days, I've seen utterly stupid suggestions for the "solving" of this issue. Ranging from genocide, to camps, to tagging them like we do our little dogs, outlawing Islam, closing selected mosques (thank you, Mr. Trump), kicking 'em all out, 'til we get down below however many percent, and the best ones, if they don't cooperate, unspecified consequences.

As though this would solve the issue.

Thank you, SO.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
The problem is not Muslims, it’s the clash of ideologies of radical Islam with Western culture. And the more we react with stupidity, the more victories we hand ISIS in the battle of hearts and minds.

I agree. But.....before you go off on everyone for falling for the propaganda, remember, looking at this from both sides will offer the best view.

Which one's are the radicals? Where do they worship? What identifying marks or clothing do they have?

People are scared and frustrated. There isn't a global knowledge base of real information we can trust. We get our information en mass, and have to sift through piles of # to find that one nugget of truth.

I am not saying anything you said is wrong, but it's really important to understand why people think and act like they do.

Fear. Sadly, that is the ultimate goal of terrorism. As of right now, it's working.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Freenrgy2

Here's a related CNN interview where 'stupid' is revealed:

Enjoy.

link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
THEY are segregating themselves from their host countries not the countries they are in) even moderate Muslim culture clashes with western society. If you can't see that then!!!

So what makes up Chinatown? Or Greek Town? Or Little Italy? Or Little Havana?

link   

originally posted by: TomLawless

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: flammadraco

The word Daesh is the best word to describe these animals. Takes the whole religious connotation out of the debate and describes these terrorist for what they are.

I admit, I call them ISIS both because Isis is an Egyptian deity that has nothing to do with Islam & because I see them as the Iblis State of Iraq & Syria/Levant (Iblis is the original name for our Devil, Shaytan).

As for the OP: Thanks for this thread. I keep trying to point out what's really going on w/these Wahhabi extremists & their backers, but I'm starting to see it as a pointless endeavor. Sometimes I literally have to force myself to keep speaking up about it on ATS, because there's no telling who might become curious enough to start fact checking these groups.

I, for one, am glad you do.

I'm not a religious guy, but I'm trying to learn about the different sects and who hates whom, and why. It's really hard to get my head around. I need all the help I can get.

For example, I just found out about the term Daesh a few days ago. What does that mean?

Oh. Well thanks

Daesh/Daish is an Arabic acronym for "Dawlat al-Islamiyah f'al-Iraq wa al-Sham", which translates into "Islamic State of Iraq & Syria". The Arab countries always refer to ISIS as Daesh/Daish, since the word also has a negative connotation in Arabic. It's close to a word that basically means "they who crush under their foot", "crushing", "they who trample", etc (basically calling them barbarians or ruthless oppressors). Apparently, the word is also close to an Arabic word "Dahes", which means "one who sows discord" (I just found that out lol).

I wrote a thread about the different major denominations in Islam, and it should explain it better than I can right now. But it's in my thread history, which I can't remember how to find.

+10 more 
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
You state not to paint a broad brush against muslims, but label part of you're thread title as "You're all being stupid." That seems like painting a broad brush to me....and to all of us here at ATS.

You seem to have missed this part of my post: In the context of this “wake the Eff Up” thread, the “you’re all” and “we” are rhetorical. Not everyone is taking the ideological bait, however, far too many are.

While I try not to hate any human being, I sure as heck hate the tactics and ideology of a "religion" that states that all non-believers must convert or die.

Then you hate Christianity? You do realize the Bible contains lots of that... correct?

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
So what makes up Chinatown? Or Greek Town? Or Little Italy? Or Little Havana?

Great restaurants!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The word Daesh is the best word to describe these animals. Takes the whole religious connotation out of the debate and describes these terrorist for what they are.

I admit, I call them ISIS both because Isis is an Egyptian deity that has nothing to do with Islam & because I see them as the Iblis State of Iraq & Syria/Levant (Iblis is the original name for our Devil, Shaytan).

As for the OP: Thanks for this thread. I keep trying to point out what's really going on w/these Wahhabi extremists & their backers, but I'm starting to see it as a pointless endeavor. Sometimes I literally have to force myself to keep speaking up about it on ATS, because there's no telling who might become curious enough to start fact checking these groups.

I'm not a religious guy, but I'm trying to learn about the different sects and who hates whom, and why. It's really hard to get my head around. I need all the help I can get.

For example, I just found out about the term Daesh a few days ago. What does that mean?

Oh. Well thanks

Daesh/Daish is an Arabic acronym for "Dawlat al-Islamiyah f'al-Iraq wa al-Sham", which translates into "Islamic State of Iraq & Syria". The Arab countries always refer to ISIS as Daesh/Daish, since the word also has a negative connotation in Arabic. It's close to a word that basically means "they who crush under their foot", "crushing", "they who trample", etc (basically calling them barbarians or ruthless oppressors). Apparently, the word is also close to an Arabic word "Dahes", which means "one who sows discord" (I just found that out lol).

I wrote a thread about the different major denominations in Islam, and it should explain it better than I can right now. But it's in my thread history, which I can't remember how to find.

ATS thread

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Just a helpful hint - you can find your thread history in your profile. Just click on your little green guy at the bottom of your avatar, and click "go to profile" or click "view threads"

-------------------------

@SO - point taken, and well made.
edit on 11/16/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Indeed.

I have read some fantastically stupid posts in the last few days concerning Muslims.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Oh. Well thanks

ATS thread

Thanks. I rarely ever go through MyATS or the other functions on here, except to check threads I've subscribed to, new threads, and recent threads. Perhaps I should take more time out to learn the functions here? (and wow, i'm such a dork. starting my thread with "rawr"? really?)

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Just a helpful hint - you can find your thread history in your profile. Just click on your little green guy at the bottom of your avatar, and click "go to profile."

-------------------------

@SO - point taken, and well made.

Oh crap! I didn't even notice it showed all that! I thought it was just an indicator of something like online status lol. And all the options in it! Thanks, as well.
edit on 16-11-2015 by enlightenedservant because: i'm a dork. didn't even know what the little green torso was for. i blame ancient aliens

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

...and all sorts of really cool stores.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I really wish a real genuine message similar to this, hard and true, could be shared with the populace out in that wide-wide world. No doubt helpful here as well.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Thank-you so much. Rational people everywhere need to speak up as much as possible, everywhere we can.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Freenrgy2

I don't recall reading about Christians hiding behind women and children.

The victors write the history do you honestly think they would put in history books about their brave hero's hiding behind people?

These folks are cowards and how anyone can claim islam is a religion of peace is beyond me. Sure, there are muslims who aren't into killing non-muslims, but if push came to shove, and they were forced to fight as the quran dictates or die, what would they do.

The fact that there is almost 2 billion Muslims and most of the world isn't dead yet shows that it is a peaceful religion just as peaceful as any other religion. Of course they would fight if forced to fight who wouldn't? Do you expect them to just stand there and be slaughtered?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Lets assume the ISIS is a Wahhabi sect controlled by Saudi Arabia that is used by Saudi Arabia to throw out Assad and make Syria Sunni that Saudi Arabia can control and not Shia that Saudi Arabia cannot control.

Lets also assume. The evolution of insanity goes from Sunni->Salafi->Wahabbi that with the help of the darker parts of the Quran and propaganda makes the Wahabbi totally dualistic in nature killing anyone who is not pure according to the insane dogma.

Why would I want the Sunni refugees in my country? Inviting Sunni is inviting a possibility of more indoctrinated insane souls by Saudi Arabia.

And what happens when the Shia start to use the same idiot verses and create their own dualistic Nazi like dualistic dogma (if Iran goes insane the same way Saudi Arabia have done).

Is it not time to remove the insane parts from that book that create the possibility for Muslim to become this insane. Can people not see that it would benefit every human on this world including the Muslim community.

About time he said something true.

Sam Harris and Maajid Nawaz on the future of Islam

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The rational, thinking part of me whole-heartedly agrees with everything the OP stated...but then there's that other part of me. We've all read stuff like "Islamic teachings promote lying and deception as a means to defeat/convert/kill the enemy infidels" ... true or not I can't help that from creeping into my mind. Has the friendly muslim woman in the office across the hall been just pretending to be so nice to me for the last two years? Is the muslim guy downstairs seething internally every time we run in to each other and ask "how're your kids doing?" Maybe, could be...probably not. Probably not. Right?
edit on 11/16/2015 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join