It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 176
<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

The water I drink contains a B flat vibration which corresponds with the Earth's vibration, which will enable humans to move faster and easier into the new vibration that is currently enveloping this planet.
I just drink a cap per day!
Source cosmicawareness.org...

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

me too re the sea. A daily swim does one wonders.

Jacy, with gut and blood it can cause emotional disturbances. I've been working this out most of my life. Everyone is different but some basic steps are as follows (basing this on you having no autoimmune disorders) :

-Cut out Sugar and Salt, you'll produce less estrogen which is the crazy hormone in us gals

-Take candida from your cells (it lays dormant in there ) with slippery elm which is a mucilage (copper complexes work also) for 7 days. Then for 3 days a month afterwards.

-Take a probiotic daily to put good flora in your gut it will reduce symptoms of depression/anxiety You must take a probiotic when taking slippery elm to maximize the benefits.

- BRAIN/MEMORY-Gotu Kola, Gingko, Passionflower, Skullcap, Calamus, Rosemary.
Fennel Juice is a winner to help counteract depression.

It's a good idea to try live like you are trying to fall pregnant
lots of Essential fatty acids, B Complex, Vit E, VIT D, Folic
acid, Zinc, Magnesium and Potassium, (eat bananas daily!!)

Heart rate up for 20 minutes daily

Heres the simple best medicine for everyone :
Carbs produce insulin which carries much much much more hormones around your body. So go with protein meals with a vegetable (never a sugary fruit with a protein meal)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

It seems likely to me that human civilization will be eradicated, not 'uplifted'.
Just read some basic science and it's hard to think otherwise.

But that's just my observation. Yours seems to vary.

Kev

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

A swim in the ocean really makes people great. Salt water is really good for us!

Here are the benifits of salt water.
hubpages.com...

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Even sitting in sand is good for you, or breathing in salt air!
Heck just looking at the sea lifts me up.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Here is my view from the window. Your right even a photo makes me feel good.

edit on 5 20 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

LOL my former LA pad had the same view

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Your not here now

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

nope

edit on 20-5-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Your lucky! Wherever you just took that photo from looks beautiful!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Indeed it is enervating !

I am lucky to live over the road from a spectacular beach with huge dunes ... Mad Max 2 used it as a location.

Nothing better to nod off to than the sound of a rolling roaring ocean ...

Except maybe the sound of rain ... on a tin roof ...
On a drought stricken property., signalling hope and bringing unbridled joy ...

Or a cold beer to wash down the dust of a hard day at the stone ...

I'll quietly get off my soapbox and exit ...

Stage left. 😎

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
It's a good idea to try live like you are trying to fall pregnant
lots of Essential fatty acids, B Complex, Vit E, VIT D, Folic
acid
, Zinc, Magnesium and Potassium, (eat bananas daily!!)

It's not a good idea to take synthetic, or supplemental folate, unless you are trying to or already have conceived where the increased risk of some cancers is outweighed by the comparative benefits to neural tube development in the fetus. If it is in your general diet, in the form of leafy vegetables for example, it is pretty much safe to eat as much as you like, as with all supplements though, synthetics are not processed in the same way and can do more damage than harm, synthetic folic acid particularly though should not be taken unless you have been advised to do so, or only occasional if you show symptoms of deficit.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Hehehe!

My whole post yesterday actually started with a joke from the night before that I will share. An acquaintance of mine made a joke that he was sharing with the bartender (again). I asked him if it was Mitch Hedberg (you know some of his stuff even if you think you don’t! “There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastrami. Someone needs to tell the turkey, 'man, just be yourself’”. And, “Fettuccini alfredo. That is like mac and cheese for grown-ups!” Hehe, three apostrophes!). Anyway his joke was, “I don’t eat spiral ham. Makes me dizzy!” That sent me on a spiral the next day!

Q12, beansidhe, zazz, jacy, anaana, did you notice two themes in your posts? Ocean-blood, and, communication-literature? I shared with Q12 on his “cob web” story and with jacy on the acronym game thread the literary references I had during my “spiral of synchronicities” (ha! “SOS” and oceans!). Shakespeare (Hamlet, “words, words, words” and the title, “All’s well that ends well”), When Lilacs Last Bloomed (Whitman), and Trinity College, Dublin (Joyce). ‘Twas Joyce who gave a word to quantum (a quantum! Jerk!) mechanics. “Quarks all around!” from Ulysses which starts off in a light house above the ocean and has a spiral staircase (the newer film adaptation I saw and, yes, I can verify, indeed, it was gunmetal gray)!

So after having fun with my brain and universe yesterday I swapped shoes (I wear these light, breathable, things at werk) right when Sting sings, Another working day has ended! Made me chuckle!

Seems universe has a sense of humor! And to top it all off I noticed this on my walk out the door. It was Synchronicity II + my experience, which leads back to the trinity yet again!

A star fall, a phone call, it joins all, synchronicity

Spiritus mundi
edit on 20-5-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: kelsey grammar

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Hello again! We were on a theme for a while there, lol. I've also been have ridiculous synchronicities lately too.

I'd like to thank everyone for their 'healthy' suggestions. Much appreciated and 'notes to self' have been made.

Lately I've been researching "Parentification" which has put a lot in perspective for me. I'm even working on a thread about it and how it possibly is the reason for "empath" type personalities (like mine).
To keep it short and on topic, I have realized that I was an only child with a cold abusive father, and a narcissistic mother (who definitely did the "emotional parentification" thing with me).

By age 10-12 (can't remember exactly) our family physician put me on Valium for psycho-somatic stomach pains. From a very young age stress has had a huge effect on my stomach and digestion. I'm not sure how to stop that after so many years, but am working on it (with help from all of you).

It doesn't help that 4-6 months of every year when my partner is laid off we are broke. Empty fridge broke. This last winter I ate a lot of white bread toast and tea with sugar...that's all there was. Definitely no money for supplements or even fruit and vegetables. Finally he's working again, but I have little appetite and have to force myself to eat.

I do meditate and also breathe correctly. When I feel stressed (which is often) I will do the 'deep belly breathing' as per Kev's instruction...it helps every time. Apart from being online here and talking with friends, there is nobody in real life for me to 'unload' to. I'm not quite sure how to stop the stress-stomach connection as it apparently began before I was 6 years old.
I'll quit hogging the thread now, but if anyone has any suggestions...on how to stop the stress from immediately affecting my gut and digestion, I would be happy to hear.

beansidhe...The Hell-house story is coming out in drops and dribbles, lol...maybe that's best because it was a lot of weird incidents, not one solid 'story'.
jacy

edit on 20-5-2016 by jacygirl because: spacing

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

If anybody has any clues to "reduce stress" please share!

For any real change to occur it takes real effort. I think psychoanalyses really does help "getting over" any trauma, especially age-specific one(s). If done right, it is not fun. It hurts like hell. But on the other side is a calm ocean of self that you cannot medicate yourself to. I find the idea taking medication kind of repulsive (for me. I know there are real reasons for real conditions that are necessary to continue life--I get it. But to me it is a Band-Aid instead of the cure). There are deep seated psychological issues that people really need professional help to work through (in some ways you do not "get over" them but they no longer dominate your life-self-psyche).

A psychologist is not the only answer. You need to figure out you. I am saying a psychologist helps/assists you. They help you "see" but you "frame your experience" and internalize it. All this is straight out of Neuro Linguistic Programming which uses hypno therapy to re-frame those experiences. It is what I used to help me stop being the angry, depressing, jerk I was--and self destructive as well. That and group therapy. Reading as much as possible on various subjects also helps. It gives you a larger frame to stand in. An ocean instead of a lake!

The NLP experience goes something like this (not at home, so I can't quote the book): You sit there, get hypnotized, and go back to the time you noticed your trauma. Next you pause it. You then walk out of the trauma area. You visualize it and shrink it down to a picture. Then you pick it up, place it in a box. You take the box to a visualized demolition site. You put the box in the building to be demolished. You leave the building. You go to the safe distance away. You pick up the detonator. You do the countdown. You throw the switch (or press the button). The building is destroyed along with the box. You are brought back out of the deep trance/hypnogogic state. And you talk with your therapist. That is "re-framing" at the highest level.

Does it work? I was not hypnotized. I just saw myself with no colored glasses. And the truth. It hurt. It was not fun. Then I spent some time rebuilding myself. I liked going to group. It was like an AA meeting without the AA BS!

(Hugs)

Look: linguistic, ocean, lake!

(Hehe,

I didn't want to rock your boat, but you said this dangerous note.
You've been letting your feelings show, are you safe Ms. Gradenko?
Miss Gradenko, are safe you safe?
Are you safe Ms. Gradenko? Miss Gradenko, are you safe?
Nobody but us in here
Nobody but us

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I'll quit hogging the thread now, but if anyone has any suggestions...on how to stop the stress from immediately affecting my gut and digestion, I would be happy to hear.

You can't, without eliminating the cause of the stress. When we're stressed, anxious etc the parasympathetic nervous system is over-ruled by the sympathetic nervous system, and so digestion processes are impaired.
Physically, it is harder to digest food when you're stressed. Excess cortisol flooding your system can dampen your immune system too, making you more susceptible to stomach bugs, colds etc.

Eating well will obviously help (and if you're skint make your own leek and potato soup and have porridge rather than white bread (an evil bread
) but the only thing that will really help is not being stressed.
It makes a difference as to what kind of stress it is - if it's over-work, exhaustion, anxiety or a combination of all of these or other things. Even if you can lessen your stress in one or two ways, or make more time to do things that you enjoy and that make you laugh you will feel huge improvements.

I know that sounds like stating the obvious, but really, really think about what is making you feel this way and what would help, even it seems impossible right now.

Oh, and I'll wait eagerly for the next dribble of hell-house story (and it's not every day I get to write that sentence either
)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Aww, thank you for such a lovely reply! *hugs* back atcha!

I have been in therapy in the past, and yes...it did help. When I was younger I didn't understand WHY I am the way that I am. I always tossed the "nature vs nurture" around in my head, trying to find an answer.

Reading about "Parentification" has really been big for me! I understand myself so much more, and it's actually a relief to look back and see that basically, none of it was my fault. I was a child caring for the parent, to the parent who should have been caring for the child.
Suddenly I no longer feel the need to be a "people pleaser" all the time and it's wonderful.

The problem with identifying the trauma is that there has been trauma all throughout my life. There have been smaller ones but also huge, like an abusive alcoholic husband who gave me my permanent back injury.
(omg jacy, this is NOT your blog!!!)
I have used a 'burning ceremony' to let go of some things...write them down on paper...burn the paper...say good-bye to the person/event...however now my biggest concern is how to heal my stomach issues and basically just stop having them.

I really appreciate your support and advice. Apologies to Baddog for kinda de-railing things here...but I think I owe you that for all the times I've walked in on your "dangly bits". (rofl)
jacy

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

In my leafy salads, is how I usually have it, not as a supplement.

But thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Glad to hear it.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Sorry, what? Your ex gave you a permanent back injury? What a piece of #e. I seriously hope someone rearranged his face for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join