It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 173
<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

aha I see,
yes it seems to be the same...

now I wonder about the real nature of fairies and their homeland from your view?

For some reason, your posts reminded me about dakinis, which are female consorts and helpers of true dharma practitioners in buddhism, they can help with removing obstacles standing in the way of true dharma path or bring various gifts or also food and sometimes like to receive or give higher spiritual teachings.
There are many such stories in their lore.

But I did not come across a lot about fairies in my readings as I was more focused on other stuff,
but I bet you know a thing or two...
edit on 1463525589553May535533116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
also I would just like to share this sweet book title after just remembering it after writing about it in some other thread....

Swami Sri Yukteswar - The Holy Science
he was kriya yoga master,
for anyone interested into spirituality this should be a great short book to read.

In it he explains on various examples,
how the essence of what different modern religions teaches is the same,
with correct understanding and interpretation.

it was a great eye opener for me.
edit on 1463526205503May035033116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

you're not losing the plot just yet

Meh, I guessed, jumped ahead of and rewrote a better plot years ago... never mind losing the bloody thing.

Heh, I know how it sounds and how I myself looked at these "alternate memories" ... before I found a few detailed, networked (and shared) memories that are now... different.

It's literally impossible to "prove" but I gotta at least be open to the possibility, knowing what I (at least think I) know about the plasticity of this realm we inhabit!

It IS decidedly odd that many others are dead positive about that odd, counter intuitive spelling of that one stupid, yet oddly apropos word... but I'm also aware of the deep fallibility of what we term memory and what a fable/mystery it is.

So whatever the cause... brain fuzz or a more malleable 'reality,' it IS worthy of note. Here's hoping you don't find one as unsettling! Oh, and you're not missing much coming from the dilemma-verse ... the dilemna-verse was just as insane and simply had an even more insane spelling of a word! No biggie

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Ahhh youve just referenced one of my favorite movies... Spirited Away!

Sorry ive not been around to the cafe in awhile, one coming in making two go out didnt seem fair to the cafe. I havent honestly been lurking either but I did pop in for a moment several days ago... see it in the feed and feel a mighty draw, couldnt resist and had something to very smile about. Not caught up nor really read anything so sorry for the interuption... but Ive a couple books one is called the yellow fairy book and one called the violet fairy book and those are filled with a lot of great stories based on old folklore.

Though I do have to apologize for not just sharing experience and let it just stay as that, some people like to just figure things out so kinda rude to grab a door and portal into their world and go peekaboo grab ahold of my lil hand child... yes I totally said that in a Scary Movie 3 Chris dang whats his last names voice...

Not going to catch up now, stuff to do off ATS guess im being spirited away... goodbye ev'r body

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

The links were a surprisingly good read! I always feel hesitation towards westerners giving themselves Indian names, but this guy seems sincere.
My hesitation comes from a guy who practiced yoga, which lead him to the attitude he is superior to everybody else, while he really was a passive aggressive, egoistic on the edge of narcissistic, dumb #.
I realised that while reading and think it is resolved now, as described.

Hunger sharpens your senses, the reason why fasting is so healthy, I guess, lies in our history. We are simply not designed to eat every day.
Then there is the aspect of "sacrifice" in spiritual, or in my case magical works.
If you want the holy spirit to help you, the least you should do, is going vegan.
And in our modern world that's a problem, because all vegetables and crops you can buy, are full of poisons, glyphosate, etc.

I want to move to a parallel world, this one always gives me a headache. How stupid are we? "Don't defecate where you eat", seems to be non-existent here.

I ramble sorry, woke up with an urge to protest.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Or maybe on some level "we" are "in on" the deception of our more "mundane selves".

Kev

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
did you know that somewhere women can have babies at 60 years without troubles, and man at 90 are not treated as elderly, and check this out...many people can live up to 140 years !?
would you believe that if someone would tell you during coffee time ... probably not.

But you would be wrong...

check it out:
www.theearthchild.co.za...

this is amazing!

"my jaw dropped" when I was reading this article, I had no idea this is really possible and it brings me much motivation about how important it is to have healthy way of living and eating!

Since I was a kid I joked about occasionally living at least till I got 100...for some reason.
It seems I should have said 140, heh

a reply to: Peeple
heey,
it was a good rant, as far as I am concerned. So its ok, do it more if you feel like it : )

nice that you have enjoyed it...
I get the same feeling from author, he seems really authentic and genuine.

well the thing about new names is connected in some circles with initiation into spiritual life with certain vows (aka. Tibetan: samayas ->true meaning is much more than what we understand as vow ), although it is mainly depending of the tradition you are or were joining.

A complete new beginning, where all that a person was in the past is simply dropped and totally forgotten and since that moment one there are no family, parents, sins, and everything else that happened...
only the master guru and other initiated brothers and sister, that is than your new family.

that was true meaning behind getting a new name in the past.
what we have today is more of a joke in most cases as far as I am concerned and the results is what happened with your friend.
But lucky for us, we are like day and night and I personally avoid generalization and putting people in baskets, hah

great point about veggies and poisons.
If you read the link above, you will see why...

now days, if we want to be proper veggies, we need to grow our own fruits and plants, if we want to be certain about quality, it is a pitiful that things have come so far off track as you say in other words more "smelling words", hah

On that note, please don't beat yourself up too much about other people.
well I don't know how much you do that in reality..and maybe you are nothing like that, but I will say this any way....here it goes:

There will almost always be something irksome if you will be focused on others and it will make things only harder for you.
if you want to live spiritual - than don't bother too much about faults in others and only if they want, show them a different way if they ask and want to learn or else don't bother wasting energy.

And I am only telling you this, because you seem very interested and farther you go on in spiritual path, more you will realize your own mistakes and also mistakes of others...
but there is not much we can do about others if they don't want to listen and change...
so thinking will only make it worse and it is redundant in my opinion.

but a wiser man than me once said - "be the change you want to see in the world"
stick to that and improve yourself.

well ... at least this is my view.
or is it a rant...I dunno but I don't feel like I was writing a rant ...
i feel happy ...
or maybe I am just a hippy : )
edit on 1463585756535May355353116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

howly jowly,
you just opened up a can of worms...maybe

good luck with your thread!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You're back! Hi! Your blog is really developing a nice body of content!

I love hippies. The world needs more hippies!

Right now I am at a very strange spot in my life. Hope you all don't mind, if I abuse this for a little sharing, I can't do in my real life.
I feel like dying. Seriously I was "on the road" for over 2 years and now it feels like having to pay rent and living a normal life is crashing me. I don't want it, but I am also out of funds, so I try writing again and just plane can't.
It's all so flat and meaningless.
Yesterday I was watching some podcast thingy about demons and aliens and ever since I feel like crying.
We sure are a messed up species. Always looking for someone else to blame for our own faults, or to pray to for salvation.
I have contact with something, not like hearing voices or anything, but drawing my attention on certain things, or sometimes I feel like someone is caressing me, then there are these "ticks", once for yes twice for no...
That's no demon, no ET or whatever.
And as I thought about when that started, I came to the conclusion that it was around December/January 2012/13...
McKenna was right and the reason why I think that is, because the control loop is "out of order".
Try it, seriously, sit down, get in a meditative state and ask if someones there, either your lips or in your hands you will get a muscle contraction as answer, I promise, try it.
The novelty we are facing is not disclosure, or science proving god doesn't exist, it's the opposite. Science has proven ET doesn't exist (or at least not close enough to ever visit us), but "the artist formerly known as god" will become a personal experience for everyone who is looking.

Maybe you call me crazy now. But what I am kind of hoping for is that you try for yourself. Get a kiss from god... Maybe I should pause with my dr*get experiments for a day or a year.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Can of worms?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Just a drive by.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

nothing bad was meant by that...

true meaning was that it is the kind thread that can bring out worms from cans of people, hah

amm let me try that again...

it was a silly metaphor about the possibility of heated debates and how people react to them sometimes...

: )

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

hehe...

yoourrr craaazzyy...

a- a- not really...

thanks for sharing!

this is nothing wired if you regularly meditate and you are far from crazy (as far as I am concerned buut I am wired a bit...hah)...relax and don't cling to experience or feelings of bliss or beings around you or whatever, basically don't have any expectations...
let whatever experience arises flow naturally - without any identification.
if you want to really learn the truth about anything you want to know, just ask and concentrate single pointedly for some time (strength of concentration is the key) and you will get your answer by intuition and insight OR some other experience...maybe not direct answer, or the answer you are expecting...but...

It IS that simple and experimentation is wonderful and don't stop if you don't want to stop. But don't force yourself to do it either, listen to intuition would be my advice to you and have fun and enjoy the moment.
it IS important to be MINDFUL about your state of mind when you do it.
emotions and Intent, expectations, fears, doubts...
it all plays out together and it CAN mess you up big time,
if you ask or desire something above your pay grade....
there is always that ... heh

but I am certain that if you listen to your own heart,
experiment with whatever desires there are in you but with mindfulness,
it will never misguide you, trust your heart, it is your friend, always!

be happy that you have experiences, you asked for them and "reality" (karma imho) brought you a and a bit to
present
... that means there was always a potential for you to experience what you did...

and...little by little we can learn...baby steps.

: )

well this is just my opinion, it is ok if you disagree or question it or think it is nonsense...I don't mind at all.
I just am talking honestly and what I would do in "your shoes"
well...and what I am doing with my shoes and always did, hah.
edit on 1463597324548May485483116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Hey, yes maybe pause with those experiments for a wee while. Sometimes you need some time out, away, to be able to look back, process and reflect on what was going on.
What inspires you and makes you happy or excited? Seek out more of that, Peeple. Who do you love being around? Maybe it would help if you could spend some time with them?
it takes time to readjust if you're used to travelling - would it help to start planning another trip for maybe this time next year?
Sorry to hear you're feeling so low right now.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Or..or..Americans are well known for being crap at spelling?

(Runs away from an irate Baddog)

I know what you're saying - how do we know our reality is objective? But what conclusion do you draw from that? That a) the universe is a fluctuating, responsive Universe, with non-linear time, that can be shaped by us more than we realise or b) some evil overlords are messing with us as part of their nefarious plan?
If it's answer b - then # with their plans! Add that 'n' and spell it as you know it to be.

What I'm trying to say, Mr B, is does thinking about it make you feel better or worse? Does it help you? Or does it lead you to doubt yourself and worry?

If it's all good, then it's all good.

x

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Aaaah pity! Thank you, might really be what all that is about. Sometimes I just get a bit tired of being the strong, brave, happy, etc one.
There is also a contamination with the bacteria that gives you legionnaires disease, maybe it is that? Or I am a horrible hypochondriac.

The crux is, as always, how can I verify any of this is true for outside my head. I was starring at my naval so much I think I might have fallen in.
But thanks to you too. Nice to have an equally normal, crazy person telling you you're crazy, but normal.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

ah and who has not been guilty of such things at some point? Think of it as acting or actors so embroiled in their roles that even they start to believe them or embody it to such a point they become lost? Many different types of actors and roles in this one called life... who and what we play as adults being choice? Is a lot of times not a choice by many many that cannot let go of various roles and become that type casted stereotype that does society and others no good whatsoever. Of course good actors do what? Immerse those watching so much that it illicits strong deeply rooted emotions. Is that a fail only if one does not realize or so good at it, pulling others into character... or else its a B grade movie still enjoyable but nothing the entire world will take seriously... yet thats also the problem, taking it all so seriously... or not having ones heart in it at all.

Divine tragedy or divine comedy who knows? The best has both obvioulsy in all movies and roles... look across a method actors roles and theyve been a variety of characters, look across the typecasted and well sadly theres no equality in hollywood so blurp... trope after trope that things have to be retold, remade, or just goto to genres such as comics or that rare book no one has heard of.

Its a very curious thing but hey what isnt?

Im never curious about spam... or am I? Zoot alores theres mystery afoot.

I will likely be exploring horrid reoccuring words and phrases such as
Beholden, purposefully avoid because of Bush and his baked beans...
Slipery Slope, try wearing skiis they arent so bad...
Think about the children... No! My life is NC17/MA

Hope all ave been having a wonderful time of it, Ive not even made coffee yet, yellow water yet, but cigarettes yum!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Hmm, maybe. Have you got a cough? Get it checked ASAP, just in case.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Verrrry Naiccce! You have Seester? Cause you ma brudder on deese one... unless you ease seester, then girlfriend lets go buy some shoes and throw em at the homeless child... woo aint that something? May and I gots to put deorderant under my boobs already lord knows I done had enough of that. But yes tis very important to not use an aluminum based deodorant as it can cause an increase in heavy metal accumilation. Sup homies you saying some sort of mean and denigritating things in here? Naw man just chewing the fat home slice, wanna listen it some slayer? Well hell yeah dude turn it up kneegrow... gee tanks for cracking that whip on me... hey you know how it was, indeed fine sir and it appears until some equality happens people will keep on doing it.

Weve got lots of personalities in us, im not beholden to one, and I hope this isnt a slippery slope, that a modderator sees as spam because we are all those types of people if we give we's a chance by golly.
edit on 18-5-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: had to edit says modderator... think about the children. Damnit ratings man! larger audience more money... has greed no bounds? paper or plastic... were all green here.

top topics

<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join