It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 178
<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Geez Anaana, those are really great! I'm so impressed!
I would love to be able to sit down with you and hear about all the different parts in the collage...and why you put them in the picture.
The chain looks like it's gold on one side, and silver on the other? What is that representative of?

The almost web-like chair with the spider...really cool, interesting. Would like to see that when it's done.
(I used to draw portraits but haven't picked up a pencil in years.)

Thank you for showing us.
jacy

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Well I'll take the blame for the threes, the Celts always preferred triplicate. Looks like it's all coming together, nicely.

I love, love, love the second one - look at how they stare out of the paper. That is excellent! And if the first one isn't some sort of TEOT-transdimensional-mind read, I don't know what is.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Geez Anaana, those are really great! I'm so impressed!
I would love to be able to sit down with you and hear about all the different parts in the collage...and why you put them in the picture.
The chain looks like it's gold on one side, and silver on the other? What is that representative of?

The gold is the "Golden Chain" or aurea catena. The silver went, and I replaced it with iron chains. Iron is central to the overall narrative I am developing with the pictures, and my writing.

Thank you for showing us.
jacy

Thanks for asking.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe
and

There's a blue whale beached by a sping time's ebb (That's my soul up there)
There's a butterfly trapped in a spider's web (TMSUT)
There's a black wing gull with a broken back (TMSUT)

The Police - King of Pain

Ocean, web, back injury.

Since I have been looping S II over this is as far as I have gotten! And this is one of my favorite minimalist guitar solo. "With a world turning circles, running around my brain"...

[ETA - It was raining here this morning and I was walking out in it...]
edit on 20-5-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: weather report

edit on 20-5-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

edit on 20-5-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: repeated words not wanted

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Hey Jonnonj ... yeah, what they said.. .to my surprise, this thread is worth reading despite my best efforts, thanks to the wonderful folks who bothered and are bothering to contribute... and the big meaty chunks are further back and now it's a pleasant, meandering chit-chat to follow the forum it was chucked into midway through, which is also surprisingly entertaining and will likely again have some meat in it!

As to Kirlian photography ... I've read it as debunked many, many times... and I tend to believe it more pseudo than science, and that it's reading our moisture, rather than life-force, content.

But, as I've experienced many things considered "pseudo scientific" that sure as heck seemed real, and am not an energy physicist, I'm not in any position to kill the Kirlian beast... but EVPs, for instance, seem a more valid direction to go than errant electricity, especially since inanimate objects seem to also show the "effect" ... but then an animist would say it is simply showing the life force inherent in everything...

so bark at the moon and snap a Kirlian pic...why not?

edit on 5/20/2016 by Baddogma because: distracted by moon ... poor writing skills

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Love your thread, and Ozzy did bark at the Moon!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

And my own method to reduce stress in the 90's was to ingest copious amounts of a certain chemical compound made from a certain bulbous flower pod... and I highly do NOT recommend that method as it leads to more stress as well as a slow deconstruction of one's entire personality and moral maps... other, more accepted and legal chems are also problematic, though I admit to the occasional quarter xanax (or other series of molecules.. .even evil ol' alcohol) when feeling like fleeing or fighting for no discernible reason. Key word (these days) "occasional."

However, a series of deep breaths and a slow examination of thoughts being experienced can always help, and a meta perspective of 'how bad can it really get and what can I do about it?' will finish the anxiety off... for awhile.

But certain chems are simply fun, in moderation, and wrestling control and being aware of one's inner programming and where it came from, and thus starting the road to being fully "human" is admittedly difficult... so the occasional shortcut, while not wise, is fun.

And kids, kidding... being cognitively normal all the time is the way we were made, and we get more work done that way, so ignore all the yummy plants and compounds... stay in school!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Good lord... can I wrap you up in a soft blanky, make you a spiked cocoa and sing you a lullaby while filling your bank account with millions of valid legal tender? I'd like to, anyway... what an undue load of crap leveled at a delightful person!

You have a whole lot of unfair damage to disentangle from, Jacychic... here's to knowing you will.. .you have the tools (and apparently a few around you, too).

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
Ain't really my thread, but me too...

and he did (woof), and see what happened?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

The meek shall inherit the earth.

The humble will rumble! Your a smart person!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

HEH... running afowl of even more owls!

I had a cute little mini owl living over my childhood patio ...called an Elf Owl ... look 'em up as they're cute as heck (odd saying, no?) and not at all the scary, nocturnal clawed airliners of doom most larger versions can be.

And chucking meat at them might not make friends as some wild beasts don't react with gratitude...rather they start associating the kind human with food and chaos follows!

I've had enough claws in my hair for one lifetime, thanks.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Exactly smart enough to know how incredibly ignorant and slow I really am... but thanks and obviously you're a smarty for thinking so.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Very cool and reeks of crazy talent... makes me wanna break out the charcoal and large (expensive) paper and fool around again... I seemed to quit any creative outlets around the time I went fetal for dark night of soul # 3 and now only write ...and then, only at 4 a.m. when blurry...

but I draw far better than I write... obviously... plus there's far less grammar involved.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

If procreating, obviously one of the owls is a total "hoo-er"

Apologies.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Ah, I see our definitions of cute are poles apart.

There is no excuse that will be accepted - show us yer charcoals.

No, really. Can we see your drawings?

And er, spiking a girl's cocoa can get you a bit of a reputation, if you know what I mean.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Do you know, but about 4 years ago a whole series of wee things happened, none of them particularly interesting in themselves. Lately more and more of these wee things have bubbled up again, which makes me think that I've come to the end of a cycle of sorts.
Watching these, without attaching emotion to it this time around, is fascinating and I could almost predict which things will also appear in the near future. In fact, I'm going to write a list and see if any do occur.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: jacygirl

Good lord... can I wrap you up in a soft blanky...

Aww Baddog...thank you! The kind words from you and the others here (in this thread) have been like a warm soft blanky, honestly.
I really worried that I had shared too much and didn't want it to look like a pity party.
However I DO value the advice, and wanted to explain that my 'stress patterns' have been in place a long time...didn't want to give the impression that I'm just ditzy and hysterical, lol.

You seem to have a good attitude about 'being' in chit-chat, and welcoming the chat...perhaps if we're planning on keeping this thread for the long haul, a little background info about us all from time to time helps us to understand each other better.

You have created a space here, that to me is a little nugget of quality (people and posts) in a polluted sea of trolls and idiots. Perhaps small breaks from the woo-woo help keep us from drowning in the madness? We all seem to have had our share of the 'unexplainable'.
Still loving the Meta-Café...and really appreciate the participating members.
jacy

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

The thread is massive and as such I find myself justified in not having read it. Is it a real justification? Nope.

Hey Jonjon! If you get the time, you should read this thread from the beginning. So much has been discussed that's really interesting. A group of quality people participating, which is such a relief from the other threads.
Also thank you for the link. I actually haven't heard of Kirlian Photography (I live under a rock?) so I will be checking it out.

Oh I am in the process of reading it, but I have not ventured too far in as I am one of those who clicks friggin links, then links of links, then...well you get the picture.

Glad to have brought something new for you to ponder, at the very least, you might get some nice desktop pictures out of it!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

As I mentioned above I am in the process of reading the thread. And given that such a process (for me) is akin to a cow digesting cud -then eating some flowers I find mingled in, then taking trips to wikipedia to find out about all the other bloody flowers -then there will be many trips to lie down in the field next to my house as a digestive aid.

Keep up the good work!

edit on 21-5-2016 by Jonjonj because: seemed like a good idea at the time, edits are free, and I love free stuff

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

That was my brother's favourite album when he was about 16. I know it off by heart, pretty much, from having it pumped full blast through the dividing wall. Totally drowned out my Wham! Make it Big

Oh! the shame of misdirected teenage hormones

top topics

<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join