It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 175
<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:53 PM
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Thanks for the rec's!

I haven't really read fiction in quite a few years. I worked in a bookstore for a while, and essentially burned myself out. Free, unfettered access to books will do that, I suppose. It didn't help (or did it?) that I was also allowed to order anything I wanted. It was like a library on steroids, with no limits..

I suppose I have been bit by that bug again!

And, my whole point was that the spelling of the bears seems entirely inconsequential in light of the source of the experience; the "wrongness" of the experience of the words themselves. Not 'wrong' in the sense of 'incorrect,' but 'wrong' in the vein of 'strangely, inexplicably offputting.'

Its quite intriguing and strange, in that respect.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:37 AM
a reply to: Baddogma

I know, I know, I just worry that's all. I know you're fine but I just like to check you're ok every now and then.
I like groupthink, or rather I like standing on the sidelines and watching groupthink because it is fascinating. We are fiendishly malleable, I agree, and it's the very quality which got us to the point in history we find ourselves in today.

Actually, A big reality change would be pretty nifty due to the anti-human machine we've created with Western Civ... with our luck, though, we'll all drown in the age of Aquarius!

We could you know... how do you inspire 70 billion people to make it better? If you can light the flame, you can be King of the world.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:55 AM

Hail Satin!
(Btw, beansidhe, the idea of Scotsmen stripping off their clothes is oddly compelling! We got a cool down and some rain but we are back to warmth and sunshine. The lilacs are blooming and it smells wonderful when you step out the door in the morning!)

No, it's fine on the whole, I don't have a problem with it.

My lilac hasn't flowered yet but I can't wait until it does. That's one of my favourite smells in the world.

So part of the problem is what I posted in another thread: how can somebody’s experiences be shared with somebody else (especially when they already believe that what you’ve experienced cannot happen in the really real world). The truth is it can’t.

They can only ever be experienced vicariously (see my sig from a very, very clever lady) but if we spend enough time negotiating language with each other and finding the right words, then we can come to a good-enough consensus.

If I spend time with an anorexic patient at work, for example, I know for a fact that one bowl of soup and an apple is not enough to eat all day, no matter how many ways they try (and they do) to convince me that in their world, it's fine.
Similarly with someone who's experiencing psychosis, I'm 100% certain that Jesus did not speak to them in the bathroom only moments ago.
But because I have empathy, like all humans, I can understand that they believe those things and try to imagine what it might be like for them. We need to find a shared language that we both understand in order to start communicating. We are spoiled rotten in the English language, we have an enormous vocabulary at our disposal.
Words are like little pots stuffed with meaning, as restrictive as they are expressive. They in themselves are 'quantum jerks, no?

It just takes time to find the right ones.

edit on 20-5-2016 by beansidhe because: spacing

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:53 AM
a reply to: beansidhe

Hi everybody!
I have been silently reading along...lots of good stuff here, I've really been enjoying it.

I just wanted to comment about communication...finding the right words to explain/describe anything and be understood.

I don't think the problem is that we don't have the 'right' words, I think the issue is that other people aren't really listening. I've found that people tend to hear what they want, or assume they know what you mean.

Personally, I will start a sentence only to have my partner (or whoever) start talking over me, finishing my sentence with what the think I'm trying to say...and then tell me how I'm wrong. I don't even know how many times I've had to say, "You're not listening to me!".

Everyone is so wrapped up in their own world...their own head...that they can't seem to just stop and listen and HEAR the other person's words. People aren't good at listening to begin with. Do you ever notice how many folks seem to be thinking about what they're going to say next, instead of responding to what's already been said?

If someone isn't listening to you, and is assuming...and judging...there is no empathy/compassion/sympathy. There is no understanding. Social media is not helping at all.
Now people are so used to short forms instead of real words, and without a voice and facial expressions...the words are often misinterpreted.

The 'other person' is barely/rarely considering your viewpoint or perspective. They can't get out of their own heads, can't see a different point of view. Self-absorbed personalities can hear "I need your help" but process it into an accusation of "You're not doing enough". Suddenly they're defensive and the plea for assistance has turned into an apology to the other person for "making them feel" bad about themselves.

Okay, will stop rambling now. Hope everybody is well.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:28 AM
a reply to: jacygirl

Hello! How great to see you again!
That's a good point; we don't just have our own goggles from which to view the world, we also have our own er, ear goggles? or auditory equivalent
from which to hear the world.

Sometimes it's just as hard to state what you mean clearly as it is to hear it clearly from someone else. How many layers of bias, previous experience, judgement, values and cultural expectation to we bring to every single conversation? When you think about it, it's amazing that we are able to communicate at all.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:42 AM

Aww, thanks beanie! It's good to be I said, I've been following but didn't have anything to add until now.

I did have a woo-woo experience the other night and wrote about it in one of Kev's threads, basically asking him how to proceed. I will copy/paste it here...Baddog might be interested because I know he has strange electronic weirdness also.
Okay, here it is:

I feel like something is trying to get my attention, or perhaps even a "welcome/invitation".

I'm used to certain things, like my computer behaving strangely when I read certain information...and of course the white feathers that show up after I've been thinking about or talking to people who have passed away.

In the past, when I've seen the 'shadowy figure' from the corner of my eye, or the cat freaks out at something she can see but I can't...and I've always said "No you're not welcome here!". (which seems to work)

Last night (early evening), I was alone at home and online. I started to see shadowy things moving in my peripheral and I closed my eyes and said "Go away!". While my eyes were closed it felt like someone pulled my hair.
The cursor on my laptop started moving around on it's own, and the screen went black.
I rebooted the computer, and while I was waiting for it to reload, I closed my eyes and leaned my head back.
Suddenly I felt like somebody slapped me on the back of my shoulder.

I started with the usual, "No you're not welcome here!" and my television turned itself off. Thinking that perhaps I should be careful, I started repeating, "I mean no disrespect but you are not welcome here."
The tv came back on and my computer went back to normal. The weirdness stopped.

I'm not freaked out, but somewhat concerned that 'whoever/whatever' is becoming bolder with me.
Any advice? Please?

Note: The strangest part, lol...was the tv coming back on. It never does that. I always have to use the remote, after losing hydro, etc.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:22 AM

Yuck, that's creepy. It fits in with fairy stories too, especially the hair-pulling bit. It sounds like the irritating nonsense they are so famous for.
If it happens again, I would say 'you weren't invited in, so take yourself out or you'll be put out.' You may want to be politer, but by all means stand your ground.

How come electricity is so affected by these...things? Is it an extension of us that could be picked up by EEG (if we had one handy) or is electricity (and therefore our poor old brains) just vulnerable to 'them/it'?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:29 AM

I wonder if electricity is some kind of conduit for communication? I feel that water definitely is.

In the Hell-house when I was in the shower...I felt like I was downloading information. (man that sounds weird, lol)

As soon as the water hit me my mind would 'click' and I'd begin thinking about random information...or suddenly understand or 'know' something that I had no previous knowledge of.
Some of these 'dowloads' are what started me on this site and my journey down the rabbit hole.

All I know is that when I open sites regarding certain topics, my laptop does all kinds of weird stuff that doesn't happen on any other opened tab. I've even started reading about a 'dark subject' and suddenly had a piercing pain in my head, so bad that I had to quit and lay down.
It's just so...woo-woo...isn't it?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:33 AM

Yep, it kind of is.

That reminds me - we're still waiting for your hell house story.
There's loads of stories about water being fairy places, and it's probably why we have Holy wells today - same story, different characters. I love being by water, especially the sea. I can imagine if I was going to receive Otherworld messages, then they would happen by the sea.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:41 AM

I live by the Ocean, my feeling of love comes out when I feel the misty air in the morning, my mind opens. The clarity in the brain pokes out. Something about the water really charges me. I feel like I am plugged into a wall socket.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:47 AM

The critters love hormones and neuropepties in us too.. they ride around our blood stream on them.

It's one of the "biggest secrets' and I seem to be the only one talking about it.

(it's the major component of the biological basis of mystical experience)

edit on 20-5-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: added link

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:51 AM
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Hi Sherman!

So how would one go about cleansing one's blood, and can the little buggers be removed?

Do they transfer via blood transfusions?

Sheez, what with that and the stomach black goo...I need to be scooped out like a watermelon!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:53 AM

Drink Silver Water, one cap per day! You won't turn blue, I least have not yet!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:58 AM

Well the "black sludge monster" that most people build up in their stomach IS negative.
I'm all for eliminating that.

But as for what flows around in our blood and the other parts of our bodies?

As I keep saying... not only is it "normal and natural", but it's (apparently) our major purpose in living, to give those little fellows a home.

Ixnay on the removenay.

Our "little friends" are ONLY "negative and nasty" if we make them that way.

But the same thing could be said about our brain cells.. if we crap up our personality,
then it's "nasty". So just don't crap up yourself, and you have nothing to worry about.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:59 AM
a reply to: Quantum12

I love the sea too, especially when it's gunmetal grey and pounding against the rocks. There's something untouchable about it; that we have so little control over it, is reassuring. It'll be here long after we're all gone and it was here long before we came.

Thanks for that link - notice showers create negative ions too? I suppose they are just mini-waterfalls. I guess if they help to calm us, then we are more receptive to new ideas, new thoughts - maybe even messages?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:05 AM

Okay, well I definitely don't think I've crapped up myself, at least not my brain or personality (unless you feel differently, lol).
The 'black sludge monster' could use an eviction notice though.

Back to the blood...if it's our major purpose in living, to house the "little friends"...what is the best diet/lifestyle to keep them...healthy?

Also, regarding what Quantum do you feel about taking silver (supplement)?
Sorry...I has many questions today.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:07 AM

Postive ions are atoms which have had electrons ripped off of them.
Negative ions are atoms which have extra electronis for a time.

Just like "smoke attracts spirits" in the Lakota system, I'd say that negative ions in the body "attracts spirits".
[smoke is also full of negative ions]

That's why we are out of balance with our little friends..

Our homes and offices pollute us with positive ions.. cutting off a major source of communication with the critters we co-evolved with. This has probably made them confused and angry and psychotic.

edit on 20-5-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:15 AM

Teviron Negative Ion Healthwear, I have a few shirts made of Teviron, when I wear the shirt I feel like I am next to Niagara Falls.

Here is more info.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:16 AM
a reply to: Quantum12

That's fascinating!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:22 AM

As to purpose.. we make our own purpose..

But quite literally, "no man is an island" and all life is part of a giant web of life, of interacting life forms.

Humans are stupid however, as we think we can crap everything up and "break the web of life" and expect there won't be consequences. But hopefully we will start to catch a clue.

Colloidal silver?

It's toxic # and people die from it if they take too much.
(sorry Q)

Keep the little guys healthy?

1) Minimize stress in your life.
2) Learn to breathe properly
3) Spend time in nature (or buy a negative ion generator I guess)
4) Keep a positive attitude and minimize your black sludge monster by loving it and "letting go".

Those are beginning steps.

top topics

<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>