It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 179
<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
And kids, kidding... being cognitively normal all the time is the way we were made, and we get more work done that way, so ignore all the yummy plants and compounds... stay in school!

What is "cognitively normal"?

I don't believe there is such a thing as "normal", just some perceptual realities are more commonly occuring than others. Some of us may use yummy plants and compounds to keep our feet on the ground and help us to put up with all the people who think they're normal.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I've been thinking about thoughts again (which is as confusing as trying to define what time is non-circularly)

As far as I can figure they fall into the following categories:

1. Those I generate - that's beautiful;

2. Those generated by my physical body - i want some toast or ouch that hurt;

3. Those that just seem to bubble up from the subconscious in answer to existing thoughts - (sleeping on it);

and most interestingly to me anyway

4. Those that just seem to randomly appear.

Where do the fourth set come from?

Is it just my subconscious, or is it the black sludge monster and other symbiotes that are communicating either directly to me or as has been suggested are we just overhearing critter gossip, or perhaps it comes from a global consciousness of some sort, or is it fey/plasma/aliens/tulpas.. giving/lending us thoughts or perhaps it's the universe itself.

Any ideas and sources I've missed? Could further define each into sub sets but thought this would do as a framework anyway.

What do you think

P.S. Haven't included resurfacing memories or thoughts triggered by our senses - you know 'smelling cut grass or baking' and being transported back to a favourite memory.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Nice we are all finding luv here...

But somebody else who we all know needs some too...

ATS link here

BTW: The alcohol used to douse the flames kind of worked! Some chicks (hehe) could not stand to look at me while others are doing double/triple takes! Strange what others do and do not pick up on. Oh, and I won, for the THIRD time in five weeks, the free drawing at my local pub! Got 50 bucks for my efforts! So BP, can cover a month of phone if need be!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Close encounters of the Fourth kind just are! And just let them happen and they generate even more. Which is what I'm experiencing for the THIRD day now. (The Police had THREE members! hehehe)

No need to understand where they come from. They really, real, answer may be unwelcome
or totally beyond your (why-our) level of comprehension.

Seems that:
1. Everything is connected
2. Everything rotates
3. Everything is relative
$. Planck's constant isn't

What does that mean??? IDK. But I think if we can block the effects of "everything interacting with every thin(g-k) else" we have conquered gravity! Which is good because I want off this rock! We can go scoop up BP in LA, put the T&C-25 in the oranges, and go see what is happening in the hood! A nice, lazy, Sunday drive!

It's just a ride, just a ride

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

And I am glad you are still here!

Don't care who you are in RL, I like baddogma here on the Island of Misfit Toys! Trust me, got the synthetic version for a broken thumb and puked my guts out. Nasty, horrid stuff which I will stay away from! Do enjoy the T&C (that is "hampersand"--even better!--"hempersand"!) from time to time. Mostly just beer now! And some grungey fungi now and then!

This thread is WAAAAAYYY better than the "Trump-trans", "my god can beat up your god" threads! This and the acronym game! Oh, and the songs you know and love thread. Glad it has expanded! Couldn't happen to better Baddogma!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I think we should brings our friends and move to the moon and open a bar. We can serve boiled Moon Rock Beer with oysters moon style.

Things to include in our bar would be a photo of our silly rockets that somehow made it thru the radiation belt!

Our first customer, prepare the stand. With all that crap he is wearing the seats won't work. Little does he know space suits are not needed here since Reagan shipped up a fake atmosphere!

edit on 5 22 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5 22 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up about BASSPLAYR .. . another delicate flower getting trampled by the impersonal overt fist of our economics.

Reciprocated about being glad you are "here." Same to all the others... and as far as the rest of the weirdness, I'm still on the fence as to whether we live in more interesting times than others have... here's hoping not, as far as nightmare scenarios, anyway.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Cute ...and a lil' synchronicity as I was letting old songs rip and the one that had just started when I saw your post was "Walking on the Moon" - The Police ... heh.

A few noteworthy 'coincidents' every couple days...

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Wow, cool! I also love that song!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Agreed ... I was simply nodding to t&c's and impressionable young minds!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The moon! Awesome! Anyone sea Room237? That is ATS to the bone!

FLOWER LILACS, just saying...

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

No nighmtmares (horse! 9Mother9Mare9Eyes) just a w(a-o) (hehe, A-0) ht about... the now.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
There must a point where curiosity is sated, right? Where a consciousness has it all figured out, or knows enough to extrapolate the rest, at least... is that what deeply religious/dogmatic people experience? A complete lack of curiosity, or a mental shrugging and a "just go with it attitude?" Or is it in the singularity staging area?

I'm familiar with ennui, though it's mostly affectation, but just trying to reconfigure old ground regarding attitudes ... as well as messily mixed metaphor... and seeming non sequitur.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: Anaana

Agreed ... I was simply nodding to t&c's and impressionable young minds!

I appreciated as much and wasn't contradictory for the sake of it. Impressionables will follow whatever, and do as they're told, whoever is doing the telling, intelligent young minds on the other hand, work better when they have all sides of the argument and can learn to make informed decisions for themselves. They're much less reactive that way...speaking as a "Momma", that is.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Things to include in our bar would be a photo of our silly rockets that somehow made it thru the radiation belt!

I'm sorry but I'm having a synchronicity here.
Not feeling too chatty today, been mostly lurking and reading around the site.

I'm researching a theory that is new to me. Right now my mind is a little blown.
The above quoted sentence is very pertinent to what I'm reading about.

I wouldn't have expected that to come from you, Quantum. (Are we on the same page? I don't even want to mention the name of the theory...it's naysayers are nasty, and I'm still rather gob-smacked at even the possibility.)

Apologies everyone! I will explain later, if necessary. It's just freaking me out a little, because I know Quantum from chit-chatty topics, and we've never actually discussed anything conspiracy or woo-woo.
Curiouser and curiouser.
jacy

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Can Rockets blast thru the Van Allen radiation belt?

It this your thought?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Can Rockets blast thru the Van Allen radiation belt?

It this your thought?

No.

But I only found out about all that by reading and researching a certain 'conspiracy' that is new to me.
Perhaps it's common knowledge, lol...
Was just rather surprised to see you'd written that, when it's what I've been reading lately.

jacy

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I understand, when ever you want to share, I am open.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Thank you.
I'm not normally weird about expressing my beliefs, but this is something new and I don't know how I feel about it.
Could be true.
But those who say it's hogwash are pretty nasty, so I don't want to 'spill the beans' here and be forever remembered as the "Meta Café Village Idiot".
lol
jacy

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Got it, you can try to zap it to me thru the radiation belt one day.

Or start a thread and I am sure it would be good!

<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join