It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 177
<< 174  175  176    178  179  180 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

The thread is massive and as such I find myself justified in not having read it. Is it a real justification? Nope.

But I shall crash on, barreling through and ask a question.

I grew up in the 70's and 80's, and one of the things that really got my imagination going was Kirlian photography.

For those who are interested: Kirlian Photography wiki

Is it your opinion that the whole thing was a fake, was it a result of technology limitations at the time or was it one of those 70's things that, however interesting, were actively discouraged?

Best regards and all that.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The only thing I can tell you about that is that I once got my Kirlian photo taken at the Glasgow Psychic Fair. I broke the machine.

Apparently my 'aura' was too orange or some such pish ie all my fault and nothing to do with their crappy machine.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Orange 'aura'!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Q12, beansidhe, zazz, jacy, anaana, did you notice two themes in your posts? Ocean-blood, and, communication-literature? I shared with Q12 on his “cob web” story and with jacy on the acronym game thread the literary references I had during my “spiral of synchronicities” (ha! “SOS” and oceans!). Shakespeare (Hamlet, “words, words, words” and the title, “All’s well that ends well”), When Lilacs Last Bloomed (Whitman), and Trinity College, Dublin (Joyce). ‘Twas Joyce who gave a word to quantum (a quantum! Jerk!) mechanics. “Quarks all around!” from Ulysses which starts off in a light house above the ocean and has a spiral staircase (the newer film adaptation I saw and, yes, I can verify, indeed, it was gunmetal gray)!

Just to add to that, I am doing a painting (a series of paintings actually..maybe...) where cobwebs, and their attendant spiders, are a central theme. Homer, Joyce and the sea (crossing waters), also feature in the meta-narrative. The nautilus and Fibonacci sequencing too are themes I am using. So lots there. It all flows together as one eventually once you've found your wave to ride, I think. Unavoidably so.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Ah yes, there I am on the beach earlier today.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

I'm genuinely pleased that you and TEOT have found your Universal waves to ride, no really I am, whilst I am stuck in a purgatory, hurling chunks of beef at an idiotic owl WHO HAS NOW FOUND A PARTNER!!!! on most evenings.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Dude/ette!!! You broke the machine!

Shame on you and ...

Did you drink too much Tango as a kid?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

I'm genuinely pleased that you and TEOT have found your Universal waves to ride, no really I am, whilst I am stuck in a purgatory, hurling chunks of beef at an idiotic owl WHO HAS NOW FOUND A PARTNER!!!! on most evenings.

Just wait until they start making baby owls to further your torment!

Kev

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Living, as I do, less than a hundred yards from the Hen Party capital of the UK, woken regularly by drunks pissing or puking outside my window and the odd domestic, I'd gladly take your purgatory of courting owls any day. This is where "my wave" took me...presumably for my sins...therefore, be careful what you wish for and be grateful for what you've got.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Maybe it was the Irn Bru!

a reply to: Mr Bear

Oh dear sweet mother of god, I hadn't thought of that.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: Baddogma

The thread is massive and as such I find myself justified in not having read it. Is it a real justification? Nope.

Hey Jonjon! If you get the time, you should read this thread from the beginning. So much has been discussed that's really interesting. A group of quality people participating, which is such a relief from the other threads.
Also thank you for the link. I actually haven't heard of Kirlian Photography (I live under a rock?) so I will be checking it out.

Anaana...I'd love to see your paintings...the themes sound interesting and I'd like to see how you put them altogether. If you're not comfortable starting a thread to do it, you can always put them up in The Shed! Just tell them jacy asked you to redecorate, lol...they will welcome you with open arms!

beansidhe...Yes hun. He slammed the top of my head into a wall and did permanent damage to the discs in my lower spine. I've been unable to work since, which really is the frosting on my donut.
However, some amazing people from this site are helping me get into the 'writing for money' business, lol...so I'm actually feeling pretty excited at the moment.
jacy

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Having flashbacks to a decade in Glasgow...owl seeming slightly more appealing...

I once disbanded a group of heroin addicts who used to meet in my close every night, by correcting the punctuation in their graffitti and going on a rant about possessive nouns.
And now my wave has cast me far away from humans, because I cannot function normally with them.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Having flashbacks to a decade in Glasgow...owl seeming slightly more appealing...

I once disbanded a group of heroin addicts who used to meet in my close every night, by correcting the punctuation in their graffitti and going on a rant about possessive nouns.

And now my wave has cast me far away from humans, because I cannot function normally with them.

I've just given up on normality

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

That's what they want you to think.

Actually, they were undercover agents stalking your orange aura "burn the witch!"...and being as how they were undercover, they had to graffiti with bad punctuation....soooo....
likely your correcting them only irritated them further "burn the witch!"....and now you are actually in a self-imposed witness protection program.....
only they've found you and are harassing you with Bohemian Grove owls "burn the witch!".....
so, to quote Pink Floyd, "you better run like Hell..."

Just keeping the conspiracy dream alive, friends.
jacy

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Can't stop laughing... yes, that is me...

ETA

a reply to: jacygirl

Grove owls?
I hadn't thought of that....

edit on 20-5-2016 by beansidhe because: Could it be true?....

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Birds, again!

I may as well start talking about socks then!

Surfing with the alien! The ride does end but then you turn your board around and paddle back out into the surf. What was strange is that came in threes! Normally, they are two events that get connected. But threes? And with a cool soundtrack! You just can't make some of this stuff up!

Look: Ocean (blood), birds, twist (turn)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
Anaana...I'd love to see your paintings...the themes sound interesting and I'd like to see how you put them altogether. If you're not comfortable starting a thread to do it, you can always put them up in The Shed! Just tell them jacy asked you to redecorate, lol...they will welcome you with open arms!

You're very kind, can I just do it here, I think I made myself sound grander than I am and now I feel demured. I'm only on the second one. There not really decorative...or my "style" isn't, I wouldn't hang any of them on my walls (if you know what I mean)...it's more an attempt at an abridgement of ideas and it, painting, I am finding allows me to expand and explore my ideas heuristically.

This is what started it off, the Victoria Memorial outside Buckingham Palace (the Queen's London residence)...

...which I converted (abstracted?) into this...

...it's mainly a collage, the crabs etc, are cut out from black and white prints and coloured in. Very basic stuff but it really helped me to handle paint and work at developing different ways to build in texture.

The one I am working on at the moment is "from scratch".

I've finished the drawing and am painting that in now, but haven't a recent photo. I haven't done much drawing, beyond doodles since school, and it is a struggle, but I am finding my confidence...slowly.

Thanks

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

LMAO! Perfect!

Seems perfectly appropriate! Now if we can just work in Dennis lecturing King Arthur on the organs of supreme power that would be great! (Not some farcical water ceremony with some watery tart launching scimitars at you)

edit on 20-5-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: missed letter, why

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

LMAO! Perfect!

Seems perfectly appropriate! Now if we can just work in Dennis lecturing King Arthur on the organs of supreme power that would be great! (Not some farcical water ceremony with some watery tart launching scimitars at you)

Ah now, I, in my first painting, already have Arthur covered, as well as the "watery bint" and her sword(s).

Though they are seperately represented, they come together in the whole.

NB: Just noticed that in that painting the chains are still silver, in the final draft they are iron

ETA...just watching the constitutional peasant clip...it is "moistened bint" and "watery tart", I was mixing the metaphors. Sorry to doubt you.
edit on 20-5-2016 by Anaana because: Oopsies!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Perchance, "gunmetal gray"?

(hehe)

new topics

top topics

<< 174  175  176    178  179  180 >>

join