It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I really try to be logical and grounded in truth, yet I have experienced things in my life that definitely suggest the reality of disembodied consciousness, or "spirits," as well as esp, "ufos" and "magik," and I thought it would be interesting to have a place, specifically, to have a thoughtful discussion of the "paranormal" without the attached scorn and dogma... dogma for and against, I mean.

There is no specific point to this thread, but I just wanted a place to talk about weird/unusual and/or spooky in a polite, non- hostile atmosphere... not to say I envision "woo" believers only here, just that if you have doubts, express them politely, is all.

So if you have a pet theory, experiential observations of an event that defies your worldview or anything polite to offer about the paranormal, for or against, then please do.

My own experiences are varied, and though this isn't necessarily a weird event thread, I thought I'd explain why I give this "stuff" credence.

I experienced esp/mind reading with my mom when I was a tyke under 5 years old. I remember some local radio show about esp where the host had some object, asked the audience to guess what it was, waited a bit and then revealed it. I guessed correctly each time and my mom was intrigued. She tried to see if I could guess what playing card she had...long tedious story shorter, I guessed the cards and even picked up stray thoughts of hers that scared her and she never tried it again. She told me later that I had also touched upon things that only her long dead mother had known, making her think that either I was her mom reincarnated or that I was some spooky medium able to speak with the dead... later I thought it could be plain ol' esp, too.

Whatever the case, that "ability" seemed to fade and I grew more scientific and cynical... until my straight-laced, sober, CPA father demonstrated his ability to "melt" clouds when I was 18. He took me to our empty community pool one summer afternoon and had me pick a random, heavy cumulus cloud that were scattered overhead. He strained with effort and I watched as a hole appeared in the center, then grew and within 20 seconds, or so, only a "smoke ringed" shaped cloud remained.

As a control, he did it four more times (or so) and I have never, before or since, seen a handful of ringed clouds form in the sky. It blew my mind. It seemed to drain him and I had to almost carry him home and it took several hours for him to recover. He later explained he had discovered this ability when a lead bombardier in WWII and cloud cover was keeping his squadron from hitting their target under heavy fire. He received a Silver Star for finding the camouflaged, cloud covered factory, in fact.

Then at a local park (Ft Lowell) I had stones thrown at me from 5 feet away with nothing visible throwing them... and that developed into a shower that chased us away.

Later, a girlfriend lived in a haunted house where we witnessed a 30 foot tree hung top to bottom with clothes hangers in less than the time it took to bring a chair outside to the patio. It just got stranger with a party being interrupted by stomping across the roof and investigation showed nobody visible up there while the sounds continued. Her dog would react to something unseen several times a day and would even have a ball thrown to it from no visible thrower. Also, no photo taken in that house would show anything but a cloudy blur...except for that dog, who came out perfectly in every photo.

Then, I lived in a few of my own haunted rental houses. The first morning in the first weird house I woke after horrid nightmares to find that a goth-style, metal cross (a gift and I wasn't religious, btw) hung solidly on a huge nail had been moved to the floor across the room 15 feet away and had been snapped in half. I had been the only one in the house, had a chain/dead bolt on the door and had slept in a bed located on a high platform with only a rickety ladder as access, so a first time sleep-walk seemed unlikely.

The odd events grew to a few every day... formerly placid dogs seeing something I could not and reacting strongly, little flashes of lights and blurs, sounds of walking were nobody was visible, objects moving, disappearing and returning, a flash of light in the kitchen a number of us thought was a fire, but when we ran in we all saw a vaguely human shaped multi colored light sink slowly into the floor. I had odd behaviors there that stopped when I left and I later found out the last inhabitant had committed suicide there.

And I lived in two more strange houses filled with the "usual" haunting phenomena, saw UFOs a handful of times that just didn't compute as any conventional aircraft, experienced PK where objects moved near me about 4 times, transient light phenomena or orbs, etc. etc.... though the bulk of my life has been as boring and normal as anyone's, heh.

I also dabbled in Magik and after lighting some candles, scribbling a glyph and asking the universe for some specific something, a near stranger showed up at my home with that specific something within a half hour... making me nervous that I was playing with people and things I didn't understand...so I stopped.

I even had some brushes with something(s) that felt wrong and awful and might have been what some folks term "demons."

So... what's going on? Assuming truth to my own experiences and billions of similar ones, how does this stuff actually work? What are spirits? What's behind the weirder ufo/abduction experiences? How does magik work? The nature of demons, if they exist? Will physics eventually explain this stuff, and are spirits just life/consciousness without bodies we understand? Is there really a "supernatural" that will always defy explanation?

Anyway, as my couple threads usually turn to this direction, I just wanted to have a spot for those discussions.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
What a great thread subject......good one, man like you posted an experience...everyone has this, HUH!!!!!! .... everyone has been dealt with by the external, I swear.....btw...that visual ray at a cloud works....at the 1 minute mark the cloud looks different a little, then it is half of what it used to be at the 2 minute mark and it doesn't make it to the 3 minute mark....pick a smaller cute cloud,not too far away, yezz

oh man I don't know where to start......electric universe first....then my orbs and cigar shaped ufo that could have been manmade of titanium........................editby]edit on 23-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 23-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

edit on 23-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 23-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

edit on 23-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

What I want to get to the root of is, what do we all have in common ?

I've been able to successfully teach a handful of people how to do certain things that most would consider to be psychic abilities.

So is it then possible that everyone has the innate ability but only some are born knowing how to utilize it more easily ?

These are some of the questions I would love to have definitive answers to.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Heh, calm down : )

I envision a looooong thread with some depth at times so chillax and start slow. It has, too, been my experience everyone has these events happen to them on occasion, and few talk about them for fear of ridicule, thus a "safe place" to chew the fat and perhaps learn about it.

So take a bean bag, have some refreshment and open up. Welcome.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

What do we all have in common?

Well, we're humans with an overly complex consciousness/intellect, for one. That might be the only factor needed, as I see it... external seems to mirror internal, and all heck broke loose, for me, once it was solidified from my dad's efforts, that the mind was far more powerful than most think.

I shied away from personal "magik" efforts, though, from a sense that I didn't have the right to meddle with others' worlds, but I might be wrong about that... I'm willing to learn, too.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What you described your dad doing with the clouds reminds me of the movie The Men Who Stare at Goats. In it, George Clooney's character almost wrecks a vehicle while trying to bust clouds apart with his mind.

I've had several odd things happen. I had a friend who had a thing that lived in his back yard. My friend's family called it "the gargoyle". It didn't like people coming back there and got very agitated when they did. One time, we were all back there for some reason. It was autumn and there were no leaves on the trees. Well, the tree starts thrashing like mad. We shine a light up there and there is nothing. It bounded from the tree onto the roof, a leap of about 5 to 10 feet. It landed with a loud thump and jumped back into the tree. It did this several times. My friend had the light trained on the tree and roof the whole time and we didn't see a thing. That one really freaked me out.

Another time, my dad lived in a trailer. The water would turn on all by its self in the bathroom. I mean just full blast. We would also hear people talking in another part of the trailer when nobody was there.

edit on 23-1-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

For me it's not a question that physics or the universe is weird if viewed from a materialists viewpoint hence terms like super-natural. Magic and ghosts and UFO and demons and even stranger things have all been my experience. I think physics can explain this at some point.

I'm one of those weirdos who looks at the universe as a matrix that has an overarching power called consciousness or that g word or "the force." Some scientists call it simulation though I have no clue why they think there is any difference in a simulation and a created " real" world (universe).. Both could be based on the dimension of consciousness. Both could have all the same rules. Anyway...

Having seen the cracks in the matrix or having used magic or having magic and psy ops used on you it's all so much more entertwined and strange on the logic mind that is missing the logical mechanism for all things to be connected even though the logical physics puts us at 11 to 15 dimensions not 4.

Anyway I will leave that for now.

I have to decide whether or not to talk about my latest strange episodes that I am still trying to come to terms with. One part of which I got online without a network card plugged in... Computer said no connections and no wifi adapter but there I was after being told I could do this doing this online on ats making posts without internet..

Sorry I'm not starting too slow am I ??

edit on 23-1-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
I shied away from personal "magik" efforts, though, from a sense that I didn't have the right to meddle with others' worlds, but I might be wrong about that...

When I began to read about this I saw the same pattern among many who were former sorcerers, warlocks, witches, shamans, and newagers.

Many of them say the same thing you did and began to sense that there was a stealth agenda hiding behind it.

Study those who have experienced this stuff firsthand and you begin to see a lot of similarities.

Ex-sorcerer Ian Clayton, former occult Grand Master Lyke Uzorma, ex-witch Ana Mendez.

A few others:

Ex-voodoo priest and Olympic boxer 'Earthquake' Kelly
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Ex-warlock Winston Pitters
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

“It was an amazing power rush,” Ian explained. “Suddenly, I walked in power.” Spirits started materializing at night and taught Ian how to do things such as astral travel and psychic healing, pendulum diagnosis, use of herbs in healing and in gaining power, and the power of demons in the spirit world. As the lessons continued, people grew frightened of Ian’s power. Many would talk about the headaches they got after being around him—headaches Ian attributes to the demonic resonance of the spirit force around his life. Meanwhile, signs and wonders manifested in Ian’s life much to his surprise and others’ shock.

“I would put my hand out and it would go into the wall—not up against it,” he said. By age 17, Ian was frightened of his own power and turned into an introvert attempting to shelter himself from others because of the phenomena that would occur.

According to Ian, the spirits taught him to become a psychic healer and he would lay hands on a body and take out the bits that were diseased. He could heal and he could kill with the same power that resided within him. “The moment I touched their flesh they submitted to the demon in my life. When I got angry at somebody I would release spirits and the people either were killed or became sick. At one point, my father got sick and my mother ended up in hospital because of my cursing them.”

Excerpt from Shifting Shadows of Supernatural Power

Ian Clayton Interviews www.youtube.com...

EDIT:

Mike Shreve is another excellent source:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

edit on 23-1-2016 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I had a friend who had a thing that lived in his back yard. My friend's family called it "the gargoyle".
a reply to: Skid Mark

Uh-huh... things that act like semi-smart animals of differing sizes with bodies that effect physical objects but are usually invisible... what is up with that? I've had invisible things that were "locked out" of my home by a physical door and wall.. .and that old tradition of evil spirits or vampires needed permission to enter residences... why???

The water would turn on all by its self in the bathroom. I mean just full blast.

And that water thing... folklore has it that moving water can act as a barrier to spirits and water faucets being turned on is a constant "haunting" component... has happened to me and is in countless reports... why water?

Thanks... interesting.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Water makes electricity and magnetism at 90 degree angles to each other if it's running water..

A reply to: Baddogma

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Hi Murg... I have gotten the distinct impression that you are sure that there is the "good" and "bad" team interacting with us and are solidly in the Christian camp... and I can dig that! Welcome.

I happen to think it's more involved than the common religions assert, or even the more basic, non-denominational factions assert, but cannot discard that view as I don't know, though am fairly certain others don't either and if they think they do, it's their own mind making it real. I admit I could very well be wrong.

If I had to pick a side, I'd be putting up my hand, jumping and shouting for Jesus, as he rocks, but I'm an old skeptic and can't ditch the feeling there is more going on and any judgements are our own ... however, I will actually peruse your links and report back : )

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Paranormal is a funny word.. because it's used to describe something that was considered as totally normal and mundane in the far past. But because current civilization is the most ignorant and rejects anything spiritual through religion, science and materialism, it has become an oddity, anything unexplainable is rejected, laughed at, ridiculed and reduced under the sad term of paranormal.

See it this way: humans today have become a reduced version of what they were before, as if they decided at one point in time to shut their eyes closed to one primordial aspect of reality and kept doing it until it became the new normality, generations after generations, a world where what their eyes perceive is so rejected and dismissed that the sense itself cease to exist. You are what you believe.

You are asking questions that would require more than one post to explain fully and convince you. To all your questions i would answer that you need to: control your fears and control your mind. If you have a wild imagination and an uncontrolled thought process, and assuming all these events really happened, it's more than likely that you are either creating these events or attracting them. Either way, if you learn to meditate and get some self control, and that these events decrease, you will have your answer.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
All very good questions. I have no clue at all what the answers are.

The thing you said about invisible things reminds me of a couple years ago. My buddy and I were out hunting in the back of the holler. This is in the mountains of West Virginia. Well, this area is creepy anyway but this time was bad. We kept hearing a weird sound like this:

Mind you, it was winter time and no leaves on the trees. The woods are thick but you'd think we'd at least be able to see something. Nope. We kept looking at each other and shaking our heads. We even moved toward the sound, only to have it pop up behind us! We noped it the hell out of there. Oh, we made excuses as to why we were leaving and tried to act brave but it scared the hell out of us.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Water makes electricity and magnetism at 90 degree angles to each other if it's running water..

Makes sense to me... my physics are big on general concepts, low on particulars, but I do suspect that connection HAS to be tied to the physics of water. Why they only seem to be able to turn/effect plumbing fixtures, though, is odd.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: _damon

Yes, I'm aware I'm asking questions and touching upon concepts that several books might be needed to answer... but I'm hoping that as folks have time, they'll write a short public service blurb explaining their views, heh.

Your summation nicely does that, in fact, and I have come to the same observations/conclusions that you intimate... I have a lifelong hodgepodge of different views/readings/experiences that vie for primacy, and my convictions waiver... thus maybe why my external circumstances mirrored these musings.

So thank you, and please add as you see fit/can.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
I happen to think it's more involved than the common religions assert...

Absolutely, I think there might be some very good reasons for your beliefs in fact.

I actually consider those who don't question religion to be extremely gullible.

The evidence of a hidden agenda hiding behind religion just like the occult agenda I mentioned above is all the reason one needs.

The infiltration of mainstream Christianity is another.

Brazilian ex-Satanist Daniel Mastral talks about this (BabelFish translation):

In his work, Mastral tells the infiltration of Satanists in the Christian, whether in churches, in hospital chaplaincy in evangelical seminaries or colleges. The objective of these leaks would weaken the Christian work, through seduction, slander and incantations.

Being that it was because of one of these infiltrations, which Mastral have been converted to the Gospel and been freed from alleged Brotherhood, six years after his admission, by the hands of the "Pr Brinti ", whose real name is Pastor Luiz Zitti (in memoriam), who was then pastor of the Baptist church Morumbi.

Link is Dead - Google it

edit on 23-1-2016 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yes and then there is weirdness when u yourself get in too deep and one "bad guy" seems to save u from another bad guy..

I like the op have found Jesus as my top likely ally but it's still a messy game.. Whatever is going on

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

That reminds me... I met a stranger through business on the phone and he got to know me and we had some deep discussions. He was an intellectual, mystic Christian and he eventually told me that he sensed lifeforms around me that did not have my best interests in mind.

I, being a friendly, empathetic agnostic not wanting to offend him or b.s. that I bought what he was selling, told him honestly that I didn't think he was correct, but by all means, he could pray for me and I acted in a basically Christian manner by impulse, anyway, so it was all good.

Then high strangeness broke out. Dimming lights, batteries draining, feeling of dread and visitations by yucky presences, and other assorted coincidences that were astounding ... and he told me that when he had "prayed" for me, he had been attacked. He died two days later.

This shook me to my core and made me feel I might be responsible.

However, thinking deeply about it, I wondered if his expectations materialized, and then my own suspension of disbelief in considering the Christian view had materialized my own "demons" ...that came from nowhere but myself.

Once that thought took hold, all strangeness faded and calm resumed.

That left me with the (near) conviction that our thoughts create our realities, and thus, religious folks WERE happy and safe in the arms of Jesus, or Allah, or Satan, or any other tulpa created and then autonomous and living... and I have remained rather happy with that view.

So...we are and experience what we believe.. .so in that respect, it might be dandy to be Christian, but there is a deeper reality behind it, in my view, that doesn't necessarily depend on any one path or focus of worship and thus one doesn't need to be anything but true to their core selves.

That's my reality, anyway.

edit on 1/23/2016 by Baddogma because: fix-add

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

That left me with the (near) conviction that our thoughts create our realities...

I've actually heard this from a lot of different cultures, including American Indian ones. I think it's where the saying about not wishing ill on somebody comes from.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
My high high strangeness that could have killed me started with me realizing I was changing reality.. I realize conspiracy theorists are used as much as they think they are finding truth they could be making it truth.

The all seeing eye to me is a symbol of how we can all do that. The three musketeers thing one for all and all for one......

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join