It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Here to say great thread !
Because although ATS in general is this very idea,
we who delve more than your average bear into all things para and super
understand what important nuance there is in your OP.

This is the ever shrinking gap where the rubber of Para meets the road of Academia.
BBT's Remote Viewing UFO's Quantum Weirdness,Psychic abilities, Electro Magnetism .
The rare occasion where I wish I could give 10 Stars and Flags.

My most recent thinking is the Flat Earth theory is a PsyOps.

edit on 23-1-2016 by UnderKingsPeak because: Flat Earth is PsyOps

edit on 23-1-2016 by UnderKingsPeak because: so is Rebekah Roth..

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Heh, very true that this is just a subset of the greater whole in the forums! But there has been a bit too much knee-jerk jerkiness from the status quo side of things and a safer subset might be nice to broach the great inquiry into reality ...again.

So yeah... welcome and ...flat earth as a psyop? Well, a general dumbing down of the rowdy mob and control are always the goals of the less thoughtful, deserving power brokers...so ... maybe?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
But dang Baddogma !
it's going to take me a a while to explain weirdness in my life
as fun concisely and well as you did !
The bar is too high on the first post

edit on 23-1-2016 by UnderKingsPeak because: too not to

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
My most recent thinking is the Flat Earth theory is a PsyOps.

I had the same suspicions last year.

After researching this last year, my conclusion was that is exactly what it is.

According to one historian, it was used as a weapon to discredit those who were resistant to Darwin's theories.

In fact, the flat earth story is a myth, propagated by academics in order to paint their adversaries falsely as fools. It’s a politically motivated lie—just like Global Warming theory.

The Flat Earth is a myth

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Only just signed up and this thread could have been put here just for me. I'd be interested to hear any connections between the rise in popularity of the internet and any possible inadvertent consequences on the "magical" side of things. Not so much the silly stories that somehow seem to take on a life of their own but the effects of large groups concentrating their attention together on one subject.
Not sure if that's clear but I noticed a couple of comments from people saying they felt uncomfortable performing magic rituals. What if we didn't know we were performing a ritual? From my reading INTENT is very important. If one powerfully focussed mind can produce results, what happens when thousands of randomly wandering ones get together?
Will be back.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

How nice that you finally started this thread.

Best,

Kev

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Hi Baddogma just want to say thanks for this thread. Should be a long and very fascinating one, and i shall occasionally contribute and definitely follow it closely as this is a topic of enormous interest for me. Nice Sunday,and wish you a goodly new week

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Well let me put down one post,i don't have a lot of time during weekdays (homeschooling my son)

This is about telepathy. Now this was either end of 2011/ start of 2012, so my son who's 9yo now would've been 4 or 5 yo.

I was sitting on my bed reading on my cell and he was on the other side of the house doing arts+crafts. I was reading some new-agey article about the significance of number 11. Whoever wrote the article stated that " the 11 is symbolic of the 2 pillars that support the stargate" or somesuch nonsense.

I finished the article and shut my phone cause i wanted to go do some household chore or the other, and as i shut my phone+ was about to get up from the bed, he came in with a little craftwork he'd just made. He handed it to me and said: "This is for you Mommy to make you happy" Sweet kiddo

Anyway when i saw his lil craftwork i got goosebumps- he had used a piece of cotton round,you know those flat round pieces of cottonwool women use for toning/removing eye make-up?

On this cotton round he had glued 2 pieces of an old broken toy-2 black bars- and between the 2 black bars he had glued a round(well it's meant to be round but it was broken,he looked for the other piece but could'nt find it) blue plastic disc, also piece of an old toy.

It was just a gobsmacking moment because of all the things he conceivably could have made- he made exactly what looked like the "stargate supported by the 2 pillars" that i had been reading about while he was making his lil art+ craft piece.

Hope the pic shows up.

Will write one more example in next post, don't want this to get too long or overrun your thread.

edit on 24-1-2016 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: _damon

Paranormal is a funny word.. because it's used to describe something that was considered as totally normal and mundane in the far past. But because current civilization is the most ignorant and rejects anything spiritual through religion, science and materialism, it has become an oddity, anything unexplainable is rejected, laughed at, ridiculed and reduced under the sad term of paranormal.

See it this way: humans today have become a reduced version of what they were before, as if they decided at one point in time to shut their eyes closed to one primordial aspect of reality and kept doing it until it became the new normality, generations after generations, a world where what their eyes perceive is so normal is real and rejected and dismissed that the sense itself cease to exist. You are what you believe.

You are asking questions that would require more than one post to explain fully and convince you. To all your questions i would answer that you need to: control your fears and control your mind. If you have a wild imagination and an uncontrolled thought process, and assuming all these events really happened, it's more than likely that you are either creating these events or attracting them. Either way, if you learn to meditate and get some self control, and that these events decrease, you will have your answer.

not so, my brother...the Scripture says" paranormal is real and factual and ongoing. Just please don't get into it "

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Oh yea....I just remembered the time I died at DFW airport......Branniff gate 21 it was...1979

working as a ramp agent....a mechanic clobbered my train of baggage cars 7 total......at 1 a m.

I had my head and body stuck halfway into the last car when he hit....hit my train with a 747 loader....my heavens when I think about it. what I encountered was the view being stuck still as a picture....in my eyes....for way too long. the upper corner of the baggage car because that's where I thought someone had shot off a 12 guage, in my ears. That was my stuck thought and stuck picture, that stayed too dang long. Next I know I'm calmer than ever......supernaturally calm....people running everywhere saying they expected to see parts of bodies....and my train ...a tug with 7 cars.....40 feet down the way against a pylon thingy. All trainwreck looking.....

Me....not even able to breath hard if I had to......and standing back maybe two steps from where I was.....edit to add....I think with my arms folded...leaning back on a pylon....

it was a Spiritual warfare thing, you understand.....Branniff I love.....it had to go....
edit on 24-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 24-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 24-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

edit on 24-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

edit on 24-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The 2nd episode of note was to me,somewhat disturbing. I tried to test our telepathic bond one morning,not long after the episode with the "stargate" thingy. Because we often would "catch each other's thoughts" as in for instance i would be sitting outside listening to a song on my earphones and he would come outside,i pull out the earphones because he's mouth is moving and i want to hear what he's saying,to find him singing the exact song i was listening to,remarking on exactly the thing i was thinking about at the time,or vice versa,on numerous occasions.

So he's in the house,watching tv,back then our tv was still connected to the broadcasts,and not just a screen for games as it's been for some years now.I was outside and i saw something i thought he may be interested in,i don't recall what,maybe an interesting insect or something. I knew he would not be able to hear me all the way in the house with the tv on,so i thought i'd try to call him in the other way. I focused my mind and with all the mental focus i could muster,i started "calling": "Eli,come outside,Eli come here,come outside!"

About 3/4 minutes later he appears outside by me and says:"Mommy wow when you called me i got so Nauseous when i got up, and then i fell down on the floor."

So ya i never tried that again. I asked if he heard me calling him(but not mentioning that i called him the other way) and yes,he Heard me calling him. The sudden nausea and faint/dizzy spell worried me,and i felt badly,so i never tried it again,but telepathy in my/our case does seem to work.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Wouldn't know where to start really, cool thread though.
I've had a few weird things happen over the years.

Always been good at reading people and have heard/read people's minds and thoughts/feelings a few times.
It goes beyond just knowing if someone is in a mood or knowing if they're crooked, bad news etc, it's actually knowing what someone thinking, getting an image or song or mood etc in my mind.
I've had friends and family and others confirm this so I know it happens but I don't really like to talk about it and try to keep anything that happens with it to myself.

Also I'm not religious at all, have no idea what there is or isn't when we die, how the universe and life got here etc etc and certainly do not believe in Abrahamic religious scripture or their description of heaven etc etc.

Having said that, about 15 years ago, maybe more, I had a very odd experience.
I was laying in bed, totally awake and basically I became paralyzed laying there, my breathing got really weird and shallow and I started floating out of bed, up through the roof, up through the sky and out of earth.
My heart was racing I couldn't move, my eyes were open - I was both in my bed and floating upwards out of the earth.
I came through a lot of white light and clouds and what I perceive or recognized as heaven.
There were white horses and just as something was about to happen, I heard the voice of my mom, who'd died a couple of years before, whisper my name in my ear and then I was able to move again, the 'vision/experience' stopped and I was just there in my bed.
To me it was completely real and I know people will say sleep paralysis and other such stuff but I was most definitely not asleep. I'd had a little smoke as this is back when I smoked but nothing to make me hallucinate so it definitely wasn't that.
But anyway, those are the two weird things I'm sharing.
There have been or are, one or two more but hey, can't share everything.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
How you feel (your emotions) influences how and what you think.

What you think influences and colors your perception.

Your perception makes up how you perceive and interpret your reality.

If you watch and observe your emotions in any given situation, you can learn how those emotions translate into thoughts. Those thoughts then become building blocks for how you view the world around you. If you learn to steer your emotions from the onset, you can change how and what you think about, bringing into focus a more agreeable reality.

The exterior reality that you exist in is nothing short of a projection of what your brain interprets from your senses, combined with layers of thought-forms that are born from your emotions. Quite literally, your reality is a projection.

This is why taking responsibly for your reality is important. You are responsible for the way you interpret the feelings, thoughts, and sensory stimuli that make up your reality.

You have a choice in how you will respond and feel in any given situation. You can choose to feel angry, think angry thoughts -- or you can choose not to. It does take mental discipline, but it can be done. You always have a choice. Never forget that.

There are some people who perceive that they are doomed to always be victims. These people frame every situation they encounter through a lens of victim hood. To an observer, there doesn't seem to be any credible reasons why this individual seems to have gotten themselves so tweaked around to hold such a viewpoint.

In a way, you really do attract and reap what you put out into the world. This is in part due to the fact that you are the projectionist of your world. Moreover, the world you project is of you, and thus IS you. If you project love into the world, you are loving yourself. If you project negative thoughts and emotions, you are bouncing negative thoughts and emotions right back at you.

There's something to be said about waking up on "the wrong side of the bed". A single negative emotion or thought first thing in the morning can set the tone for an entire day. Have you ever noticed that one piece of bad luck breeds another, and another until it snowballs into an entire day of misfortune? You have entered a feedback loop of negativity, breeding and amplifying each misfortune as it bounces back and forth from reality to you.

And who am I? I'm you. I'm another aspect of your reality that you've created and are experiencing. If you want me to be funny, I will be. If you want me to be helpful, I will be.

Realize now that when you are angry at someone else, you're really angry at yourself. That person you are focusing your anger on is something your consciousness has created, projected and presented to you.

If you learn to heal and love yourself, you'll start to strangely discover the people around you will also begin to become better, happier people. It may sound strange, but by taking responsibility for your reality and working to improve your outlook and yourself -- your reality will soon begin to shift into alignment with the new paradigm you're creating.

I've turned around some pretty terrible situations by transmuting negative, hostile and angry emotions and thoughts. I replace these emotions and thoughts with forgiveness, love, understanding and hope. I could hardly believe that people around me suddenly started to become more cheerful, less angry, less accusatory and negative. I wasn't saying or doing anything to them. They simply started to behave how I was projecting my own emotions, feelings and thoughts.
edit on 24-1-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Belief is the key. Notice how many different viewpoints have appeared already in this thread. Each one a unique (well, individual at least) way of looking at the world. Each one receiving data and arranging it per an accepted pattern.

Challenge this pattern in yourself. For example, OP, if you want a reduction in "high strangeness" start formulating a personal paradigm in which "there are no ghosts" and everything has a reasonable logical answer. I would bet that you would see a reduction in the "unexplainable" events you now experience.

In the same way, a materialist could "open their mind" to other possibilities, start focusing on Paranormal videos on youtube, reading newage books, etc., would see an increase in the synchronous, hard-to-explain preternatural experiences.

If you notice, the majority of strange experiences happen when you are alone, at night, in (already) altered states of consciousness. These are the easiest points at which your own mind can play wizard-games with consensus reality.

But, as Mystik said ... reality is literally all in your mind. Be careful though ... because sometimes, breaking a pardigm can take years to repair ...

Good luck with the thread.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Reduction in high strangeness?

Madness!

Life is only worth living if it's full of strange, odd, interesting coincidences and synchronicity!

I don't care what other people say, I'll keep telling them I have wizard powers. My cat and dog sure think I'm pretty magical when treats seem to manifest out of thin air for them. LOL

So, at least I'm introducing high strangeness to them.

"Where does the human get these delicious beggin' strips from? He must have a portal into the land of beggin' strips!"

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
GBP/JPY

not so, my brother...the Scripture says" paranormal is real and factual and ongoing. Just please don't get into it "

Quite true. I think that in my religion/faith (Christianity) there is a definite desire among most of the congregation to ignore the massive amounts of evidence for a pretty deep Supernatural worldview presented in the Scripture.

As a general rule, most Christians will accept God as a Supernatural entity, the Devil as a Supernatural Entity and angels and demons and so on as supernatural entity's, however HOW they interact with one another seems to be the thing that most don't get into.
I understand that at the end of the day the message of Scripture is that we are not right with God but he loves us and made a way for reconciliation.
That being said when Christians act as if there are not other things at play going on all around them they are ignoring scripture. Take for example "Mediumship" We know that King Saul went to the witch of endor. We know she was able to get Saul to talk to Samuel. Therefore we know that it can happen, according to scripture. So in the the mind of the Christian, the question should not be "could it happen" the question aught to be "Should it happen."
God tells us not to practice in those things not because it doesn't work, but because it does/can work. Considering God is God, and I am not, I would think it wise to listen to what he has to say. He is after all by nature of being God quite a bit more wise and intelligent than I am.
edit on 24-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Reduction in high strangeness?

Madness!

Life is only worth living if it's full of strange, odd, interesting coincidences and synchronicity!

I don't care what other people say, I'll keep telling them I have wizard powers. My cat and dog sure think I'm pretty magical when treats seem to manifest out of thin air for them. LOL

So, at least I'm introducing high strangeness to them.

"Where does the human get these delicious beggin' strips from? He must have a portal into the land of beggin' strips!"

LOL. Yes. Exactly. My pugs think that the refrigerator is actually the closet door to Treat Narnia, hehehe.

On my path away from early religious indoctrination, I fled through Shamanism, Wicca, Satanism, encountered Buddhism, found a bit of actual inner peace, toyed with Chaos Magick, and finally realized that the basic facts were that I was the center of my own experience, and that I could structure it basically anyway I wanted to, while remaining embedded in a consensus reality created mostly by billions of unknowing "wizards."

My final magickal choice was Science and Reason with zero need for spirits and spooks ... and I have been far more settled and even happy ever sense. [sic]

Your milage will, of course, vary.

We are all on our own Trip.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

On my path away from early religious indoctrination, I fled through Shamanism, Wicca, Satanism, encountered Buddhism, found a bit of actual inner peace, toyed with Chaos Magick, and finally realized that the basic facts were that I was the center of my own experience, and that I could structure it basically anyway I wanted to, while remaining embedded in a consensus reality created mostly by billions of unknowing "wizards."

My final magickal choice was Science and Reason with zero need for spirits and spooks ... and I have been far more settled and even happy ever sense. [sic]

Your milage will, of course, vary.

We are all on our own Trip.

Those high walls provided by science makes life so nice, safe and cosy, doesn't it? Enjoy your exile from reality.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Interesting stories S&F

Ill say that i did have a few odd things happen to me... not gonna get into detail now as not much time.... but i am pretty sure that there is a whole other side of 'reality' that we (as humans) do not realize, or have not YET realized!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi

Those high walls provided by science makes life so nice, safe and cosy, doesn't it? Enjoy your exile from reality.

Now now ... you enjoy your reality tunnel and I'll enjoy mine.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join