It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

We don't know yet. Things haven't got violent yet. As people are saying, someone who wasn't afraid to die would have slaughtered these guys and himself by now. This guy wants to live..

Unless something bigger is afoot. I don't know what though, as soon as shots are fired the police roll in and it's 1 man vs the NSW police force. He can't kill 50 hostages with that pump action 12 gauge whilst fending off 100s of officers.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

I swear the ISIS flag looks like a My first MS Paint picture. I mean, apparently they are this big budget bunch of media savvy sicko's, but literally spend 2 minutes creating their mark? Hopefully, eventually, those seeking to join ISIS will wise up and see that these barbarians are a disgrace to humanity.

The news here all day has been horribly chilling, my kids are quite upset at what they heard. How to explain it? One of them repeated an extremely racist remark they heard on facebook, which I scolded her for saying that it is not representative of an entire race. But I'm afraid to admit that deep down I think sometimes some groups are unable to adjust to the ideals of a multi-cultural society. I can't believe I felt that way as I have a close muslim friend who fits in lovely, but incidents like today shake-up my order of thoughts and I believe it was a primal urge to protect my own from what may be a threat. What a sad time.
edit on 15-12-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: hutch622
Sadly i think today is the day that Australia truly did lose its innocence .

Yeah I heard them say that on the news too, but I think the Port Arthur Massacre was when we lost our 'innocence', not this situation.

Perhaps you are right . I am not sure i know any more .

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
The Muslim population need to demand that a particular "wordy" Imam get on the phone now.

He should explain to this low life scum; that Australia is a haven for middle easterner's seeking safe respite from the normal sh!t storm they have fled. A better life for their children is the goal.

If that is the desire - rather than twitchy jihad sensitive knee jerk - jerks, they need to step up.

They need to control their own.

We don't need more race riots the muslims need to act now to control their own - radical or otherwise.

Deport the radicals and sympathisers.

If they want to fight for ISIL - let them go ... just don't let them back in.

IN house cleansing is in order.

There is still time.

We don't have nor desire religious war !!

PFFFT !!!

here here! press releases will no longer cut it ! time to show good faith and get their house in order !

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Time for Australia to try out their SAS in a hostage situation Maybe.?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

TAG East has us covered

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I am sure they were on there way real quick .

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

I am sure they were on there way real quick .

Watch out for workers digging up the road nearby, Planes being directed overhead, TS is about to hit the fan.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Emerald53

Darkness. Night vision. Concealment.

Tiredness. Sluggish reaction times.

In Australia they will try and get him to surrender.

But if the negotiator shakes his head, a lone shot will end it.

P

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Unless the perp has the smarts to utilise all that coffee and chocolate in the cafe - he could be wired for some time.

oyyy

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I'd be very surprised if the SAS get involved.. The TRG or whatever they're called in NSW is about all you'd need at the moment.

With the possibility of ASIO monitoring as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
My prayer is that this can end without bloodshed and you can lock this guy away from civil society and forget that he exists. I hope we can all put the fear aside but that's a mighty big order for those who felt terror today and are still experiencing it. The parents' of the kids in a nearby daycare center....all the families and friends of the hostages and the police and emergency workers...those feelings won't go away soon. Watching someone you cherish be threatened with harm and knowing that there is not one sweet thing you can do about it is indeed terrifying.
You are in my prayers for the best possible resolution.
But really, this guy is going to fall asleep sooner or later isn't he? If it is only one guy (the guy at the press conference seemed to confirm that it was a single "him")....and he falls asleep...wouldn't that be a good thing?! He's in a coffee shop but sooner or later, even that will fail him---and it will make him need to pee a lot. How do you suppose he keeps the hostages covered while he's taking a whiz?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Interestingly enough although he has got the publicity he seeks ,this man has made a whole lot of people to pray . And its not to his god .
edit on 15-12-2014 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
How do you suppose he keeps the hostages covered while he's taking a whiz?

I dont believe he will be using the toilet, A coffee pot maybe.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

When the 5 hostages escaped, the gunman could be seen from here getting extremely agitated, shouting at remaining hostages

The 3 staff members that escaped all went out of back doors, which suggests to me that it was very much an escape and not a release for them.

The two customers ran out of the main door, so they could have been released or waited until the gunman was distracted; he has been rotating hostages between standing against windows and hiding them near the counter so its possible that the two people at the windows closest to the door made a run for it (the windows are close enough for that to happen, and there are some pillars between the counter towards the back of the cafe and the main doors which may have given them enough time to break for it).

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Or he's wearing adult nappies/diapers.

2nd.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Emerald53

Darkness. Night vision. Concealment.
Tiredness. Sluggish reaction times.
In Australia they will try and get him to surrender.
But if the negotiator shakes his head, a lone shot will end it.

P

recon ya got it. If he was going to act, he would have done it during prime time 9am or 5pm for the biggest audience. Now he'll be tired, doubting himself.

a sharpshooter and a night vision scope around 4am - I'm hoping!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
May have already been mentioned but according to one of the live streams one of the demands made was an Islamic State flag.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I have no idea if this fellow is a member of any organization. But he is certainly a terrorist (his action of taking hostages shows him to be a terrorist in my mind) and he has displayed a flag that seems to say he is a Muslim. He has done a tremendous amount of damage to the people of Sydney in taking these hostages and shutting down parts of the city, making commerce difficult for many. A ton of resources are being expended due to his actions. The anger and resentment will divide people if they allow him to influence their thinking.
I pray for a peaceful outcome.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join