It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

We have great negotiators, great TRG ( who have been compared to SAS )

No we don't. We haven't had a TRG in NSW since 1991 when it was amalgamated with SWOS (Special Weapons Operations Squad). What we have now is SPG (State Protection Group). And I'm sorry but there isn't any comparison with SASR CT teams because SASR have but one goal in a situation like this, no negotiation, no compromise, just resolve and neutralize the threat. If called upon here that is exactly what they will do, second to no one else in the world.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
This is damage control, attention distraction.
The fact is, as has become too obvious, we are all hostages by the increasingly militarized and criminalized political system and police.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Cruff

I'll be watching ABC24 in bed soon, maybe it will come back on?

a reply to: feelingconnected

I agree - it's not the usual wham-bam thing - However, he has certainly instilled a prolonged fear by letting this drag on. I am concerned though about the contents of that backpack, it looked huge as.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LiveForever8
I have heard they asked for an isis flag. My heart goes out to my Aussie brothers and sisters.

edit on 15-12-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

right now

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

have you got a link to the bag pack picture?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
They said on the news that the hostage taker has given a list of demands which are "all over social media," but the news would only say one demand was to talk to the prime minister.
Anyone know of the other demands?

I hope everyone gets out safe,and fast.
Horrible situation for all concerned.

link   
a reply to: MissMegs

Those PB speakers are right in frame, on a pole right next to the pole in front of the telstra payphone stand - I would say it's possible feedback mucking around with ABC sound (insert joke about budget cuts here)

link   
I apologize if this has been posted, CNN here in the US is continuous covering this situation. They have spoken with the reporter from 7. My heart goes out to you Sidney. I hope this ends with no hostages hurt.
edit on 15-12-2014 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

link   
a reply to: thebozeian

Funny that ... no more reporting of demands or any mention of hostage taker ... ( Change of command - maybe?)

Maybe my ABC's aren't up to date - our agencies are.

A reporter today mentioned that he has seen today, Police and --- ? uniforms unseen in an extended time in reporting.

Everything is in full on go - mode!

Aussies are un-used to this.

The response is awe-inspiring, yet shocking as well !

The Biggest Boot - is Not Wasted on The Smallest Cockroach ! ( Timely 15/12/2014 )

edit on 15-12-2014 by Timely because: spelling atrocity ...

link   
Earlier in the day it was said he wanted an ISIS flag!! Not sure how true it is. Fairly idiotic if he did. reply to: Silcone Synapse

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: option158

This isn't the one I saw originally today - still trying to find it

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Cruff
Are you talking about the dark background music in this video?

edit on 15-12-2014 by paddz420 because: Fix video link

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: feelingconnected
Earlier in the day it was said he wanted an ISIS flag!! Not sure how true it is. Fairly idiotic if he did. reply to: Silcone Synapse

Sounds like the guy is unstable if that is true..Like its a spur of the moment act,turning up with the wrong flag.
The cops have probably identified who he is by now,and know more about his motives maybe.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl

originally posted by: MissMegs
www.facebook.com...

this is one of the people in there

Please at the request of family members,no likes or shares, just read it, they do not want the attention, so please draw none to it.

Please please please......all day everyone is not posting these details. you really should take this down now.

I am asking you again. The Police are asking that it is all kept of social media the details of who is in there.

The gunman is making them put this on their f/b now because the media wont show it. You are the first i have seen in 12 hours that has named a hostage. PLEASE TAKE IT DOWN NOW.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: paddz420

That sounds like those strange sounds that were around a while ago , that people were reporting on the internet.
1%

edit on 15-12-2014 by my1percent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I am positive there would be mods on here.......YOU NEED TO GET THAT POST OFF NOW.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

Police need to be notified .

Sooner the better.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join