It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

reckon they would have ended it by now if there wasnt the possibility that bombs are inside the cafe and elsewhere. They've had plenty of clear shots.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I'm going to have a break for a while. Considering the media is getting most of their information through police filters, it is best to keep an eye on Chris Reason, as he is located inside the channel 7 newsroom, where he has a direct view of the cafe. Here's his Twitter account:

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Anyone else here just watching ABC news?

They were doing a recap of today and they had this really weird ass sound playing in the background. Not musical in any way.

Big brother time...

And no, i'm not going crazy as my wife was hearing it too.

Weird!!

edit on 15/12/14 by Cruff because: Weird

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: my1percent

Only just watched the news and found out about the situation.

This confirms to me that something was going on in London the other day when planes were halted from taking off... they said it was a Computer Failure but I reckon some threat had been made..

As to this 'Sydney' Hostage situation... hope the Police can sort it out.

But is this the start of more to come from these Inbiciles? I've also just heard that something is happening in 'Ghent' 'Belgium'. 4 Gunmen at an apartment block!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Cruff

Yes, still now, I was weirded out by it!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
a reply to: diggindirt

No the real terrorists don't negotiate they don't sit there all day messing around and letting hostages out etc, they come in they make a brutal bloody mess and generally die along with their Victims, all in the name of their Extremist beliefs, this guy is something else, another type of insane.

See, I disagree. I think you've let the media influence your thinking just a bit too much when you begin talking about "real terrorists" and exclude this guy as "another type of insane." To suggest that this is "real terrorism" is to discount what every family member and friend of those in danger now is feeling.
Are you saying that without wholesale bloodshed it isn't "real terrorism"? Because if that is what you are implying I implore you to think a while on that.
The hostages in that cafe are feeling real terror if I'm not mistaken. The family members and friends of those in danger, from the hostages to the police and emergency personnel, are feeling helpless and fearful. That is the purpose of terrorism.
Insane can be debated I suppose but in my world it is insane to wish harm to any who isn't like me, so yes, he's insane, just as insane as the guys with uniforms and organization.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Any further confirmation of - 2 bombs in building and two others in Sydney?

I would be worried about "Deadmans Switch" ...

We have great negotiators, great TRG ( who have been compared to SAS ), great patience
and a great lifestyle.

That will be protected.

It shall be fought for.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MissMegs

Yay! We're not crazy!

What the hell was that all about??

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Markets are really struggling, oil is on a continual slide, anyone for a distraction?

I hear Belgium is in the middle of a hostage crisis currently also, incidentally the market slide reversed just afterward...hmm. Curious.
edit on 15-12-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I absolutely in no way 'discount' what they are going through that is a horrible assumption to make about me!!!! I just think that he is not Part of a real terror organisation because he would have done something very horrific by now if he were in MY opinion anyway, they don't do this kind of thing and negotiate etc you twisted what i have said, i just don't think he is that kind of terrorist.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus

I absolutely in no way 'discount' what they are going through that is a horrible assumption to make about me!!!! I just think that he is not Part of a real terror organisation because he would have done something very horrific by now if he were in MY opinion anyway, they don't do this kind of thing and negotiate etc you twisted what i have said, i just don't think he is that kind of terrorist.

That sort of thing happens when dealing with taboos. Taboos are like invisible force fields that shields the diabolical from ever seeing the light of day simply because it's taboo to discuss. The more sensitive the topic the easier it is, like, elementary schools and stuff.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

i don't know...it's only there when its ABC programming, they are showing a feed from 7 at the moment and it's not there.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

nothing official, those claims have supposedly come from hostage messages on social media. Police would know this guy by now, he is apparently "know" to them, so they must think it is credible that he at least has a bomb inside the cafe. The police arent saying anything official at all, they seem concerned he is receiving information.

The opera house was evacuated and there was supposedly a sus bloke with a duffel bag at the eye hospital, that could have been the two (or not). Otherwise no one is reporting odd police activity anywhere else.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Not sure which noise you were referring to - but I believe that it could have been the Public Broadcast System which was installed in the CBD some time ago in the event of an emergency. Sort of like what you would have for an air raid siren or cyclone warning etc.

Edit: Here's an article from the abc back in 2008 about it

Sydney's CDB sirens tested 2008

edit on 15-12-2014 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: zvezdar

Exactly - foggy eyewitness reports, chinese whispers and controlled media releases ...

Exactly as it should be !

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

edit on 15-12-2014 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
No we don't. We haven't had a TRG in NSW since 1991 when it was amalgamated with SWOS (Special Weapons Operations Squad). What we have now is SPG (State Protection Group). And I'm sorry but there isn't any comparison with SASR CT teams because SASR have but one goal in a situation like this, no negotiation, no compromise, just resolve and neutralize the threat. If called upon here that is exactly what they will do, second to no one else in the world.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
After following this closely all day. And now one of our msm news out lets putting a package together trying to draw a direct link between 9/11, bali bombing and such.

After watching the package I don't believe we are dealing with the same terror acts here in sydney. Maybe I'm slow on the pick up, others may have already come to this conclusion.

It has a different feeling, all the others were definite & direct. Sudden impact to scare & alarm. This has gone on too long. No ones been hurt yet ( which is great).

My guess lone gunman, someone's lost the plot, lost his marbles. Maybe or obviously wasn't prepared. We heard earlier today he was asking for an ISIS flag. For crying out loud this idiot couldn't even get the right flag. And 5 hostages escape by running out the door!!

For all the hostages & their families I hope its over very soon. Im hoping to wake up in the morning & this is all over.

edit on 15-12-2014 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

I couldn't hear any words and it didn't seem to repeat - it was very odd. In hindsight, I should've filmed it...ahh well.

Bed time soon, really hope tomorrow is a better day for the hostages.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join