It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 59
<< 56  57  58   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: GrimReaper86
a reply to: Syphon

Funny, it doesn't stop people from bringing up gun control everytime something like this happens in the US...

Yes but there is NO GC debate in oz, we don't talk about it, think on it, it is not a gun culture in oz. Why shove it down our throats? American policy plays no part in Australia. Stop trying put your domestic debate on the australian table.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ianska

Apparently Tony Abbot has said the guy had a gun license and want's to look into how this was allowed. Now the police have said there's no record of him ever having had a gun license...

Yeah, that's interesting. Somebody stuffed up somewhere. Lets hope it was the info provided to the PM and its just a mistake. Otherwise the NSW has some big 'splainin to do.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Because people from other countries like Australia or Britain like to come in to threads that talk about similar events in the states and give their opinion even though they have nothing to do with it. So I was supporting him doing it back. Stop trying to put your australian opinion in our domestic debate and I'll stop having an opinion about your issues.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

American policy plays no part in Australia.

Your so wrong on that.That means England's policies dont reflect on America,which it does,also American policy does reflect on Australia and Australia's policy reflects on New Zealand.Its a big chain reaction.Sure this doesn't happen on everything,but it does happen.

Infact,to keep this relevant,Australian government/authorities apparently actually contacted America whilst the Sydney siege was live,regarding what? I have no idea.It brings up the question why we had to inform american counterparts in the first place? For advise? For what? They couldn't care less about a small chocolate siege when they have multiple wars running! It would be silly to assume otherwise.

edit on 17-12-2014 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BillyBoBBizWorth
,Australian government/authorities apparently actually contacted America whilst the Sydney siege was live,

Your source for that is what exactly?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Your source for that is what exactly?

I heard it on was the radio,what their source was,i have no idea,hence why i say "apparently".It wouldn't surprise me one bit though,im just curious as to what they were asking or contacting them about.Thats all.

edit on 18-12-2014 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus
I agree with you, innocent people lost their lives, this is not about "gun control" will tell you this, Because of everything that has happened I am set in stone to join the YPG to fight against these fanatics. Two months I leave, im tired of this BS someone needs to do something, and I intend to. Don't live in fear, I mourn the lost angles but I hope I can send some of these Idiots to hell.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Exactly!

That is a very courageous thing to do, i take it its not a decision you made lightly and you have thoroughly thought it through and have faith in yourself that you will return home.. i wish you all the good luck in the world, please be careful! and take care of yourself!!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

edit on 18-12-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GrimReaper86

Yeah, but no.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Reply to myself to clarify statement:

Yeah, that's interesting. Somebody stuffed up somewhere. Lets hope it was the info provided to the PM and its just a mistake. Otherwise the NSW has some big 'splainin to do.

Turns out the advice to Abbot was wrong and the NSW police was correct. Abbots security advisors misled him and are now trying to find a scapegoat to take the blame for 'an incorrect notation' somewhere.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

With all the logical fallacies you mindlessly spout it is you who comes across as the idiot. Try to counter the information instead of trying to shoot the messenger with you blindfold on www.globalresearch.ca... ion-the-official-story-of-the-sydney-siege/5420515
edit on 20/12/14 by vehemes terra eternus because: to add link

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

rnaa,

My nights have been full as I work the night shift here...and have not had time to return to this thread.

Concerenining this from your post on page 57...

If "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" then why has there not been ONE instance of "a good guy with a gun" stopping a "bad guy with a gun" and stopping a mass shooting? Why with all the posturing with guys showing off their giant pen..uh guns in America is the rate of mass shootings increasing?

People who carry concealed seldom go to places where there are lots of people. They are also not there on a schedule like a beat constable. I myself prefer to go where the crowds are not as a result of years of working graveyard shifts. I am just not that sociable per se...and don't like crowds or traffic. It is something one learns on graveyard shifts...how much of ones life a day walker spends standing in line somewhere. Not for me thanks.

Here is the important thing to know about this kind of thing and this type of persons...personalities....they will seldom do this at a police station....preferring to do this in a place where people are more vulnerable or exposed so to speak..unprotected. This is historically demonstratable...no cover charge for this.

I like your use of the pen demonstration or comparison. I do not like these types of gun owners as well and will put space between myself and them.

I also use this type of thinking or comparison when referring to males and their choices of cars or trucks...a substitute maleness so to speak. I have no interest in this type of role playing or substitute for maleness or maturity. A flash high performance car or truck never was of interest to me.

But on the serious side...I notice that these types of things or events are often done where people are most exposed and vulnerable. You folks decide what to do with this information's. Free..no cover charge.

I too have a big question mark in the back of my mind with the number of shots discharged in this event. Someone brought this up in a previous post and I think it is a valid question here. I am certain that will be properly addressed.

As to stopping bad guys by good guys...this is a theme and occurrence seldom covered my most of the media here stateside. One can find this information's on line and in certain periodicals and it happens more often than someone wants the rest of the world to know. Or put another way ..this information is not PC in today's emotionally charged and politically censored environment.

Being a shorwave listener and a licensed Ham radio operator taught me years ago ..how heavy a paper curtain existed over a supposedly free people.
The internet has broken some of this stranglehold/censorship..but not all of it.

Thanks for your post,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: orangetom1999

As to stopping bad guys by good guys...this is a theme and occurrence seldom covered my most of the media here stateside. One can find this information's on line and in certain periodicals and it happens more often than someone wants the rest of the world to know. Or put another way ..this information is not PC in today's emotionally charged and politically censored environment.

Your facile dismissal of the 'good guy with a gun' mantra is completely wrong-headed. I will assume it is out of ignorance rather than malice, and urge you to Google the phrase. 'good guy with gun' should be enough to get you started.

It is the official response to any such event by the officials of the national organizations that used to represent sporting shooters but now represent the gun manufacturers, um... lock, stock, and barrel - and is repeated as a mantra every time there is yet another tragedy in the USA. Gun manufacturers want to sell guns and want to ensure their market is as big as possible. They don't give a darn about 'rights'; they care only about market size and penetration.

It is also directly behind the effort in some states to REQUIRE school teachers to carry guns in the CLASSROOM, but the way.
edit on 20/12/2014 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Your facile dismissal of the 'good guy with a gun' mantra is completely wrong-headed. I will assume it is out of ignorance rather than malice, and urge you to Google the phrase. 'good guy with gun' should be enough to get you started.

I did not bother to clear it up but since you seem want to belabor the point...I don t believe in good people...that people are basically good. I believe that people are basically bad...all of them..no exceptions.

I know this because you do not have to teach a person to do wrong or bad....it comes naturally. You have to teach a people to do right..or good.

But I did not in my previous post put emphasis on this point.

Nonetheless this story of this happening or these events happening where people protect themselves and their property is seldom brought out in the news media...preferring to have us believe it us usually the constabulary which handles most of it. But it can be found also on the media...even the internet.

I do not put much stock in advertising...having done some reading on it...for numerous products and the method of selling and marketing them..particularly cars and such merchandize. I know what I want and try to research it when I can before purchasing. I have never owned a new car...or truck. Don't see much use in paying or perhapsed I should say..having a car payment. But that is an individuals preference. Car advertising is wasted on me...so too with gun advertising.

While I am at it...as I have not had much time for this computer..is there much information's coming out on the details of what went down at the café down there ..or is it being sat upon..or managed??

Thanks again for your post,
Orangetom

edit on 21-12-2014 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: orangetom1999

The investigation continues. As details are learned, details are reported.

A fairly detailed report with up to date information: Sydney Daily Telegraph 21 December. Report contains video and a time line of the storming of the cafe.

Monis' wife, currently out on bail awaiting trial for the murder of his ex-wife, has had her bail revoked. Other people who had dropped off the watch list have been reinstated onto the list.

Autopsy has been completed, there has been trouble getting someone to accept the body for burial. Sydney siege: Muslim funeral directors tell authorities to dump Man Haron Monis' body 'in the s***house'. However, someone has now stepped up to give him a decent burial - but it will be low key.
edit on 22/12/2014 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

To turn a lemon - into a lemonade sensory delight.
You need impetus and motivation.

We will have a great recipe ready, should any other slimy lowlife scum sucking tards (I could go on ) ;

Wanna cook up a similar brew - any time soon.

Merry Christmas - If only as a diversion from the horror, to all involved.

Focus on the kids ... it helps -

top topics

<< 56  57  58   >>

join