It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Why is everyone arguing about gun control ?? This is not the place for it, sick of seeing it happen in so many threads that have absolutely nothing to do with it, im trying too keep up on the situation and all i read is gun control this gun control that.. Us Australians dont even care about that stuff we are happy with the way our gun laws are it works for us, the gun in this situation is merely the weapon of this psychopaths choice, could have been anything.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Didn't believe my eyes seeing this thread has turned to freaking CUN GONTROL. Just wanted to share this for all ya'll gun controllers

Click for trap

Hush, don't speak
When you spit your venom, keep it shut I hate it
When you hiss and preach
About your new messiah 'cause your theories catch fire

I'm covering my ears like a kid
When your words mean nothing, I go la la la
I'm turning up the volume when you speak
'Cause if my heart can't stop it,
I find a way to block it, I go
La la, la la la la la na na na na na

On threads like this one, the gun-controlling-craze needs to stop.

My condolences to everyone involved. What a sad day.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

This is not about gun control.....

please stay on topic... You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
so I got tired of trying to find a page that contains anything other than GC debates and rants and am just gonna ask questions.

do we have any updates on the hostages and officer that got taken to the hospital? I know that one passed away from a heart attack, but what about the others? Is anybody gravely injured or is everybody okay? how is the investigation proceeding? how is Australia handling this as a nation?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
do we have any updates on the hostages and officer that got taken to the hospital?

www.police.nsw.gov.au... aHRtbCZhbGw9MQ%3D%3D

Those hostages injured in the siege were not only treated on the scene but also at various hospitals. Those who died include;
A 50-year-old man was pronounced deceased at the scene.
A man, aged 34, and a woman, aged 38, were also pronounced deceased after being taken to hospital.
The injured are;
A 75 year-old female who received a gunshot wound to the shoulder – stable condition.
A 52 year-old female who received a gunshot wound to the foot – stable condition.
A 43 year old female with a gunshot wound to the leg – stable condition
A 39 year old male who received a minor facial injury due to gunshot – treated at hospital and discharged.
A 35 year old pregnant female assessed for health and welfare purposes - stable.
A 30 year old pregnant female assessed for health and welfare purposes – stable

The 39 year old male was the police officer

www.9news.com.au...
edit on 16-12-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Thanks Brucey!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
here is the update www.9news.com.au...
pretty brutal reading how the cafe manager wrestled the gun off him and was killed then, the lawyer mum of three was shot shielding her pregnant friend.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Tragic situation indeed. But in the end what does it achieve? Psy ops?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
According to this DHS source who is well-embedded at a fairly high level within this political leviathan inside the beltway, high level DHS briefings made late Sunday (Washington, DC time) confirmed that various police and intelligence agencies throughout New South Wales and Australia not only know the identity of the perpetrator at the Lindt Café, but “[they] have had numerous dealings with him over the last several months.” This source stated that “he is not just some random unknown perpetrator without a history, but has made his intentions known for some time. Once or if the truth comes out, you will see that he is also known by the CIA.”
DETAILS HERE

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

Funny, it doesn't stop people from bringing up gun control everytime something like this happens in the US...
edit on 16-12-2014 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: yenoram
a reply to: bellagirlhey iam not worrying you or anything and my thoughts are with you but just a few things you should look into they should of cleared the street of police sent in the special operation groups shut the power off cs gased the vents and tapped into the cameras to see how many suspects there were then take it down with out victims instead they made a media circus out of it and dragged it on making more people involved than necessary WHY then there was a massacre at port Arthur Hobart Tasmania the man who did it was martin Bryant this café I believe is martin lynt café the
govement was supposed to raise the threat level how did a man get down the main street of a well known place in Australia with a gun???? unless he had help just a few things to think about

sorry mate i cant answer your questions. I wasn't there. I wasn't the person that has to make these decisions and live with those choices the rest of my life.
There are a thousand questions that i am sure went through everyone's minds. I am sure those poor hostages were thinking do i run ???? the men may have been thinking do i jump him ???? the police snipers were thinking do we take the shot ?????

We all think we have the balls to make those decisions but most of us will never have to face that test.

It is easy for us to all be here and be keyboard warriors and god knows i am guilty of being a keyboard warrior on here over the years. I have thought before that i have the answers, that i know better than others on here, that my opinion was the right one when in actual fact i was never present at the situations that were occurring so who the hell am i too judge or questions decisions made.

To my fellow aussies on here.....some of the comments you have made on here make me proud to call you fellow aussies. We are a unique bunch... lol ....and we do have something special. we have this magnificent country and we have each other.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

This is not about gun control.....

please stay on topic... You are responsible for your own posts.

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: my1percent

How did this happen?

Aren't firearms illegal in Australia?????

Sorry, just a bit confused here..........

This thread has had comments about Gun Control since the first page. Not sure why my posts were removed and this one wasn't for instance. If I'm the only one that is going to acknowledge that this is a thinly veiled jab at Gun Control then I will shut up.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
so I got tired of trying to find a page that contains anything other than GC debates and rants and am just gonna ask questions.

do we have any updates on the hostages and officer that got taken to the hospital? I know that one passed away from a heart attack, but what about the others? Is anybody gravely injured or is everybody okay? how is the investigation proceeding? how is Australia handling this as a nation?

Saw a report yesterday saying that the Officer had been cleared and released from hospital in good condition, and the other hostages that had been taken in, were being kept in just as a precaution, but they were all in a stable condition. Apparently Doctors just wanted to be safe, especially with the 2 pregnant women, and are closely monitoring them, but they are in good condition as well.

edit on 16-12-2014 by TerribleTeam2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I hope we didn't offend you too much. I agree the GC discussion was mostly off topic.

However, someone asked, on the first page, about Australian gun law and incorrectly asserted that Australians don't have guns. Others attempted to lecture the Australians here, who were trying to get the best info out, that their GC laws don't work, when they clearly do, and quite spectacularly.

The question then becomes, should we ignore the ATS motto to Deny Ignorance, and not answer the misapprehensions and down right lies? Or should we follow through on that motto and make sure that people reading the thread get the correct information? Propagandists trying to promote lies about the Australian experience in order to further their own biased agenda in America should not be permitted to be the only voice, and the only way to do that is to counter their every lie with truth.

There were several outright lies asserted as truth by the gun manufacturers surrogate propagandists in this thread that could not be allowed to stand. Australians were being held hostage by a lunatic with a shotgun, and the propagandists were taking the opportunity to tell lies about Australia in order to sell guns. It was pathetic and had to be countered.

Now back to the topic:

Someone asked about a man who died from a heart attack as a result of the siege - that did not happen. However, the female victim, Katrina Dawson died on the way to the hospital and the cause was reported as "cardiac arrest"; clearly the "cardiac arrest" was caused by her gun shot wounds.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Apparently Tony Abbot has said the guy had a gun license and want's to look into how this was allowed. Now the police have said there's no record of him ever having had a gun license...

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Apparently around 90 rounds were fired and i bet we are going to keep hearing "Australian cops are the best in the world" etc from the government and state/federal police.Surely and almost undoubtedly majority of the rounds were from the police.I would hardly call that tactical or work of the "best in the world".This also,atleast for me brings up a few more questions.

Firstly,for that amount of rounds to be used,especially against one man,he must of been in really dense and useful cover? Obviously to flush him out,or the cops were using the whole American/Middle Eastern "spray and pray" tactic/"Shoot first,ask questions later"(If the target is still alive...).

Secondly,lets assume that the cops did fire majority of the rounds,which i think we all here would agree was the case.It would be illogical otherwise.How many rounds actually struck the gunman,because that will tell us everything and pretty much give us a idea of what truly happened in a general sense.Although what we see and hear from the short video clip when they breach supports the idea,that the guns "spray and prayed" either way,but...

If most of the rounds actually struck the target or were in a very close area to him,they obviously were going for a overkill.Then,if most of the rounds didnt go anywhere near the gunman,what the hell were they doing?

I find the amount of stun or flashbang grenades abit over the top too,especially when some of their comrades already entered the shop?

Even though the outcome was better than worse,i still think they somewhat botched the rescue and could of went about it better.Im still trying to confirm on the response time of the squad after the supposed shotgun round went off when one hostage tryed to disarm the gunman.Which ive heard was about 5 minutes give or take and if that was the response time,then i see a major issue right there in itself.

As far as im concerned,regardless of the outcome,people died in there and the police and government have some explaining to do regarding their processes.

Final thought is about the apparent sniper across the road.Firstly its claimed that the sniper may of had a clear shot,or possibly many?.He was in the 7 news building across the road.

Firstly,across the road is point blank for a sniper in my opinion,so distance isnt a problem.

Secondly,we dont know the thickness of the glass and may have caused a ricochet.Even if we dont know the actual thickness of the glass on that particular building or on that particular floor,its not a government or authority building and most likely has standardized thickness glass for buildings within the city area.Therefore its most likey that the sniper round probably would of penetrated the glass without fail and most likely shot straight.A sniper rifle is not a 9MM pistol,its obviously works at a higher caliber and velocity to get the distance and effect needed to make a sniper rifle,a sniper rifle.

Which leads me to believe that the sniper would of had a greater chance of making the shot.

edit on 17-12-2014 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BillyBoBBizWorth

The Lindt building was a bank prior to becoming a cafe.

As such tempered glass was in every win.dow. A minimum of three shots is what was required to break through.

It was deemed too risky to try that approach.

Let the post trauma armchair experts have at it ...

Time to mourn and reflect.
edit on 17-12-2014 by Timely because: window censor is dumb

edit on 17-12-2014 by Timely because: spelling atrocity ...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

The Lindt building was a bank prior to becoming a cafe.

Well that i didnt know,would not of thought that,how do you know for sure it still had the tempered glass that it did when it was a bank? Although i would admit it is probably the glass from when it was a bank.Good point.

Let the post trauma armchair experts have at it ... Time to mourn and reflect.

Haha armchair expert just because i got questions huh? Ok.Thats a real easy way to not further the conversation on the topic.If you don't want to talk on any other points other than the glass,then don't respond to me,or go away.

Also,i feel sad for the lost lives and the families involved,but i did not know these people personally,so there's no way that im going to mourn for days over it,reflect,maybe,but not mourn.Also,i dont truly believe half the people that say they are mourning or say there condolences actually really care.People would be going about their daily lives just with another event as a memory.I mean people were taking selfies very close to the area whilst the situation was live? Do you think those people are mourning? Probably not.

Are you personally mourning about the 140 or so people,mostly children killed in Pakistan? If not,your a hypocrite for telling me its time to mourn about this.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BillyBoBBizWorth

Indeed. I do mourn the mostly child deaths at the hands of some talitards.

I also feel for the families affected by this wanton act.

I mourn the loss of a fellow member of whom's death I have just learned.

I mourn all sorts of things. Genuinely - in my own way.

Do you think families affected by this, would be impressed with the glib questioning and dissection of events -
by mug punters on an internet forum?

I don't.

Inquests are underway - by professionals.

I'll leave it to them.

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59 >>

join