It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
Has anyone confirmed the contents of the "suspicious" package located in/near the Sydney Opera House?

I would be surprised to hear if ISIS is NOT involved. There's been speculation that the flag shown in the Lindt cafe was from Al Nusra, but this seems to have ISIS' handprints all over it.

People have to remember that in Australia there are many people of islamic faith who hold extremist views. That only a while ago ISIS put out a statement saying to attack Australians, Canadians, Americans, British, etc, where they are, in any means.

We had a guy the other month stab two cops, carrying a 'black flag' and everyone swore it was suspect.

Now we have this, and already I hear whispers of it being a false flag.

But... when you have people who feel ostracized in a country that is as open as Australia, people who consider it immoral and hedonistic, and they hear words from people fighting so far away to take up the cause.

Some will..

They may not even have any contact with ISIS. but the middle eastern gangs here are not erratic. they are organized. And this crap scares me to death.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: KaDeCo
a reply to: real_one

Not sure if anyone replied. AU armed forces held a drill about terrorism 6 weeks ago with a cafe scenario as well as this location (Martin Place) being a list of targets of possible terrorism when the PM rose their alert recently.

That was the Australian Defence Force training in Brisbane in preparation for the G20. This is being dealt with by the New South Wales Police in Sydney. Different cities, different states, different elements dealing with the crisis.

Training on a cafe is also a sound idea, considering Martin Place was revealed as a potential terrorist target in raids a couple of months ago.

"They" can see into the future......?
Or they just have really good intelligence based on advanced technologies...

What idiot would say "yeah lets hit that area where they just did a drill. you know, the area they have lots of practice in dealing with hostage situations. what can I say? I like a challenge!"
edit on 12/15/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CX

originally posted by: sueloujo
a reply to: Collateral

I hope they have blocked mobiles because in Mumbai the attackers were getting orders via phone from guys in Pakistan watching it unfold on TV and social media. These walls have ears!

We were trained not to let people use mobiles near a suspect package in case it set the device off too.

That was many years ago mind, not sure if the same cautions apply these days.

CX.

I did a security course 2 years ago, indeed, no mobiles or radios near any potential explosive device. it's a common sense now as it was long ago, I think.

!!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Dont let him get you going, he is a full-time troll.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

Bella speaks the truth.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
As for the flag as stated earlier in this thread, it is next to impossible for extremists to get a hold of the flag of choice and so are welcomed to use any Islamic flag in its place or considered closely related.

Wow.

Not here. In fact, it was only a few months ago this flag was being auctioned off in a Mosque to "raise funds".

At any given protest, you will see flags of al'qaeda being flown by certain members.

They are not obscure here. This may be just a random guy with connections to gang land associates, taking it upon himself to do this, and relying on what he has - the flag itself states a basic tenant of Islam.

Or he may be associated with an offshoot of ISIL.

I put my money on that. a wannabe martyr.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas
Who are you talking TO, and who are you talking ABOUT?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
a reply to: bellagirl

Bella speaks the truth.

thanks mate

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I read some where they thought two other people were with the hostage taker.
But from recent reports there now seems to be only one inside.
They could be hiding as hostages themselves. That happened in the London Iran Embassy siege.
The terrorists tried to hide in with the hostages as they were being evacuated.
Or it makes me wonder if the other two split off and are observing what is taking place.
What units are placed where etc.
Sort of like a recon run for another larger event like a Mumbai style of attack.
The terrorist could just be a lone nutter but he may have been encouraged by others as a tool.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

holy crap..

ISIS has taken a cafe hostage..

dear god I hope this doesnt go south!

ISIS flag above the words Merry Christmas.
tragically ironic.... It was predicted. The consequences of the unmitigated rise of evil. Like a cancer, yet undiagnosed it continues to spread within societies still in denial of the illness.

it's NOT the ISIS flag. it's the shahada flag. Which is associated with a terrorist group who are an offshoot to ISIS.

Shahada flag

ISIS flag.

edit on 15-12-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Just gone 8pm here and the sun is going down. Not long till dark now.

Just listening to local media. Apparently, a video with demands from a hostage is being released to media. Police have asked all media to not play it. Very impressed with the media. They have had hostages ringing them all day on the demands of this dickhead...all sticking strong and refusing.

Would this have happened in the U.S...?????? i dont know

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I'd like to thank everybody who's been keeping this thread updated.

While I don't live in Sydney, I've been there many years ago and my godfather lives there. I was worried sick about him and I managed to talk to him about four hours ago. He was fine, thank God. Now I can only hope that the hostages will be fine as well once this is over.

Again, thanks for all the information. You guys truly are the best, knowing what was going on kept me hoping everything would be alright with my godfather and now I'm still up, hoping to see a positive end to this terrifying situation.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The Muslim population need to demand that a particular "wordy" Imam get on the phone now.

He should explain to this low life scum; that Australia is a haven for middle easterner's seeking safe respite from the normal sh!t storm they have fled. A better life for their children is the goal.

If that is the desire - rather than twitchy jihad sensitive knee jerk - jerks, they need to step up.

They need to control their own.

We don't need more race riots the muslims need to act now to control their own - radical or otherwise.

Deport the radicals and sympathisers.

If they want to fight for ISIL - let them go ... just don't let them back in.

IN house cleansing is in order.

There is still time.

We don't have nor desire religious war !!

PFFFT !!!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Well said Timely! I agree buddy.

They need to stop playing the Victims and stop blaming these extremists for taking advantage of their 'young muslims' and start taking some action and responsibility.
edit on 15-12-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Some more updates from Chris Reason at Channel 7. Police let him back into their newsroom across the road from the cafe earlier on. Here's what he has to say:

1 hour ago:

From inside the Martin Place newsroom - we can see food is being delivered to the hostages. Staff bringing it out from kitchen at back

45 minutes ago:

All the hostages now huddled at one end of Lindt Cafe, one is covering the window at that end with an apron

33 minutes ago:

When the 5 hostages escaped, the gunman could be seen from here getting extremely agitated, shouting at remaining hostages

10 minutes ago:

The lights in the cafe have just gone off

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

Wow you let people fly the al queda flags in Aussie? In the US they only sneak in the night and take pics of a flag in front of the white house and post it online. But out in the open?? That's grounds for an immediate beat down on sight!

I just want to say I still respect your nation and you as a person, and I can accept that some nations are more liberal than others, it just surprises me that's all. Kinda like how they eat barbecued tarantulas in Cambodia. I respect it, but its just a little shocking to me because I'm not used to it.

Edit to add... Actually, now that I think about it, I wouldn't be able to distinguish an al queda flag from a peaceful muslim flag. Maybe now since you posted the images, but how many other flags are out there that we need to know about lol?
edit on 12/15/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Sadly i think today is the day that Australia truly did lose its innocence .

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
Sadly i think today is the day that Australia truly did lose its innocence .

Yeah I heard them say that on the news too, but I think the Port Arthur Massacre was when we lost our 'innocence', not this situation.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: sn0rch

Wow you let people fly the al queda flags in Aussie? In the US they only sneak in the night and take pics of a flag in front of the white house and post it online. But out in the open?? That's grounds for an immediate beat down on sight!

I just want to say I still respect your nation and you as a person, and I can accept that some nations are more liberal than others, it just surprises me that's all. Kinda like how they eat barbecued tarantulas in Cambodia. I respect it, but its just a little shocking to me because I'm not used to it.

Edit to add... Actually, now that I think about it, I wouldn't be able to distinguish an al queda flag from a peaceful muslim flag. Maybe now since you posted the images, but how many other flags are out there that we need to know about lol?

The people who fly it, have no fear of repercussion. I saw protests where they attacked police horses and swore hate at the west.

But you get that, I don't apply it to everyone. I certainly know that I fear these people, because they use a false concept of god to inflict laws they hold worthy. And by comparison, well, we have hostage situations as opposed to people handing out bible verses.

To be blunt, I find most religion, a sort of mental malady. but I don't hold it against someone with an illness. until they hold their illness against me.

And when they wave flags and scream of hate, I gotta step aside and reconsider.

edit on 15-12-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622
like the newspaper said... "The day everything changed!" I guess it's Australia's 9-11? Kinda weak, but hey, whatever works. People take other people hostage all the time here, but usually domestic disputes... no big deal, just another day at the office.

Seriously though I hope you won't let this effect you so much. I like to fantasize about moving there to escape this crap, so "stay golden" Australia!

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join