It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
there is something bugging me with this scenario ..if this dude or dudes are real ISIS terrorists how on earth did they get this far without this flag that they want so dearly.....really ? requesting a flag now...what kind of pathetic useless planning is this ?....seems more like he/she/they are stuck and have no clue what to do now....

seems like this flag request is a last ditch at success ....anyway i am most likely wrong but something just doesn't add here....my gut is screaming nutjob looking for attention

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Come at us braaahs. You wont stop us beach swimming and surfing, singing ACDC and downing a cold beer on a hot Aussie summers day.

Why am I imagining Keanu Reeves' and Paul Hogan's love child?

lol

I just hope what I saw on facebook doesn't come to pass, people threatening to head down to lakemba and cause problems, if someone gets hurt. Adding just more uncertainty...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa
a reply to: seeker1963

Gun control doesn't work!

False. Gun control DOES work and the Australian example proves it.

You do, however, need to define what it means to have a 'working' gun control regime.

If you mean zero gun deaths, ever, then you are obviously going to fail - it is ridiculous. However, in Australia, there was one obvious goal and several desirous side effects that were targeted.

In Australia, the primary motivation was to end mass murder sprees like Port Arthur and several other incidents in previous years. This was accomplished by removing large numbers of automatic weapons from the civilian population via voluntary destruction and buy backs. It has worked - "In the decade prior to the buyback, there was an average of one mass shooting (five or more victims) every year. In the decade after the buyback, there were no mass shootings." ( Andrew Leigh: Time Magazine - This Country Proves That National Gun Buybacks Reduce Mass Shootings)

Secondary effects include reduced gun-related deaths due to accidents and suicides and again, that has worked spectacularly.

From the same article:

In the decade and a half since the Australian gun buyback, the number of firearms per person has stayed constant, and gun deaths have remained thankfully low.

So Australians still own guns, just like they always have, but fewer people are being killed.

Proof positive that gun control works - when you get the right gun control regime in place.

mate you are probably the most sensible on here at the moment. I am an Aussie and you are completely right

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: KaDeCo
a reply to: Wookiep

No idea, I just saw someone ask if there were drills going on in the area at the time. I am unsure of at this exact time but am aware of the one 6 weeks ago. And at a cafe. That bugs me. To further the intrigue this chocolate cafe is attached to the same block as the courthouse and right next door to AU Banking Reserve - though not sure if that's like the US's Fed. Reserve.

Same man cites that this exact location was the location of a drill a year ago. (To date? No clue)

TAG East regularly exercise/drill in Sydney CBD flying in Blackhawks up the harbour over buildings before landing on one and mock storming it - nothing new there sorry

Yes the RBA is our central bank the Aussie equivalent of the US Fed.

link   
a reply to: bellagirl

I only trust the ABC and SBS.

link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Thats my gut feeling aswell, has been since a few hours after it started, i hope we are right!

Seeing the looks on the victims faces that got out of there breaks my heart they look disturbed, traumatised and exhausted

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I went out and got the biggest juiciest bacon cheese burger my town has to offer just to stick it to them in my own little way lol.. The terrorist have not won!

I do hope it was not a Halal Bacon burger.

Oh yes.. Yes, we cater...

yourquestions.mcdonalds.com.au...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
there is something bugging me with this scenario ..if this dude or dudes are real ISIS terrorists how on earth did they get this far without this flag that they want so dearly.....really ? requesting a flag now...what kind of pathetic useless planning is this ?....seems more like he/she/they are stuck and have no clue what to do now....

seems like this flag request is a last ditch at success ....anyway i am most likely wrong but something just doesn't add here....my gut is screaming nutjob looking for attention

Or they want to bask in the irony of the police providing the very flag that's draped on a hostage prior to killing them.

Imagine what a sh*t show that would be... police give in to his demand for a flag and it immediately seals the fate of a hostage.
edit on 12/15/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

Im not on Social Media so can't see what many Aussies are saying but i have said it in this thread before there will be backlash from this, i can see another Cronulla type of Riot coming soon.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
ah, never mind... off topic. people are getting bored with no new developments i guess, thus the gun control battles... I will say this, in the US we have very good reasons not to trust our government. I cannot speak for other nations...
edit on 12/15/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
The police have been urging the media not to release the perpetrators demands. So if there is a low amount of coverage or sources for something, that is the reason.

Also he is using social media as a strategy. He's been forcing hostages to type his demands online, and to speak to news sources

Apparently the hostages have been posting to Twitter and Facebook according to CNN. So odd!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

my gut is screaming nutjob looking for attention

But doesn't that describe all terrorists?
Isn't their point to gain attention?
This nutjob had just cost the Aussies dearly and yet, thank the Creator, he hasn't shed a single drop of blood. From the interviews I watched on one of posted links, it is evident that the fright had been implanted. Mission accomplished---cost the city, state, and citizens a bundle of money and make them afraid.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

there is something bugging me with this scenario ..if this dude or dudes are real ISIS terrorists how on earth did they get this far without this flag that they want so dearly.....really ?

Good question. The answer that occurs to me is that he is not, of course, a 'real' ISIS terrorist. He's just a deranged wannabe that is trying to pump up the attention on whatever grievance that he imagines the 'stunt' will address.

It also occurs to me that maybe he was hoping for suicide by cop with a bit of collateral damage and the professionalism of the NSW Police caught him off guard. Now he can't figure out how to get out of the hole he has dug for himself.

I hope I'm right, and this thing ends peacefully.
edit on 15/12/2014 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Does anyone know if the post time on Youtube video's is accurate? The 9th video down in the search below is showing it was posted 17hrs ago which would be before the attack? Don't know, just though it was interesting..
Youtube

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Terrorism is more then just causing fear.
People snap and do crazy things, doesn't mean it is a terrorist act.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The NSW Police activated Task Force Pioneer. That bit of news is quite old, but it actually signifies that authorities are now treating this as a terrorist event.

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

No the real terrorists don't negotiate they don't sit there all day messing around and letting hostages out etc, they come in they make a brutal bloody mess and generally die along with their Victims, all in the name of their Extremist beliefs, this guy is something else, another type of insane.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

you may be right...i really hope you are wrong

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

my gut is screaming nutjob looking for attention

But doesn't that describe all terrorists?
Isn't their point to gain attention?
This nutjob had just cost the Aussies dearly and yet, thank the Creator, he hasn't shed a single drop of blood. From the interviews I watched on one of posted links, it is evident that the fright had been implanted. Mission accomplished---cost the city, state, and citizens a bundle of money and make them afraid.

well they/he has certainly created fear and loss of revenue....just from the how the media have been portraying this group we are led to believe they are at least organized and dangerous......if what we are being told is true there does not appear to be a whole lot of organization...really in the planning stages the flag should be number 1 on the list

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

I hope I'm right, and this thing ends peacefully.

you and me both

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join