It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a patriot and I love the United States of America

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

It's propaganda. And people like the op know it's all crap, but have too much invested to actually admit it. Take the movie Olympus has Fallen as an example. In the movie, the people would rather let the entire nation get nuked than lose the President. There is absolutely no logic behind it, but it's Government worship propaganda.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Schillinger

Yes, to admit anything is not going to be easy for him.
But -- this person will never entirely quell the spark of Divinity within himself, it is currently the grain of sand in his oyster.

If he realises that there is a path infinitely more heroic than the one he has chosen, his natural inclination will lead him along it, and he may become a major force for good.

I feel that when this particular soul, chose this particular incarnation, it had a higher purpose than playing soldiers.
His abuse of the word, tells me a proper understanding of "love" would make change inevitable.
After all, the word love can be used to threaten, bribe, or browbeat those nearest and dearest to us.
Kindness is a far better concept.

I hope he learns the importance, and the joy, of being kind.

mistersmith.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I bet you'd love living in Australia more

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I bet you'd love living in Australia more

the taxation in Australia is double, the costs of cars double, the cost of booze triple...and we have gun control laws...

and why did you get three stars when im telling truth.
edit on 16-8-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Simple: Zazz lives there.. It's automatically better.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Fluid Oz

You also have free wallabies, some of the best beer on the planet, in some of the biggest bottles, cool hats, big knives, dartboards on every wall and full legal authority to speak Strine like a boss whenever you want to -- and even when you don't want to.

I'd sell my country out for that, mate.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

You also have free wallabies, some of the best beer on the planet, in some of the biggest bottles

Before you become patriotic emotional singing the Australian Anthem, the beer you speak of is purchasable in American drive thrus and they sell it at half the price of here, and wallabies don't live in the burbs but you will see pictures of them on Australia made grocery products.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I know, it ain't paradise. After all, you need to tie those wallabies down, sport.

But believe me, the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave ain't exactly the Garden of Eden either, if you know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by crazyewok

Your just silly.
Thanks for the laugh Ewok, I needed it.

What FACTS did
I present that was wrong?

All those things I posted are FACT peroid.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Fluid Oz

You also have free wallabies, some of the best beer on the planet, in some of the biggest bottles, cool hats, big knives, dartboards on every wall and full legal authority to speak Strine like a boss whenever you want to -- and even when you don't want to.

I'd sell my country out for that, mate.

Im in! Where do I sign up! You had me at big knives!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by crazyewok

Your just silly.
Thanks for the laugh Ewok, I needed it.

What FACTS did
I present that was wrong?

All those things I posted are FACT peroid.

Exactly what I was thinking, since when did facts become opinion?

I personally think ewok has said some of the most factual stuff in this thread.

Unless calling facts an opinion makes it easier for someone feeling guilty about what they spent the last 3 decades of their life doing an acceptable bitter pill to swallow.

Because I know damn well if I had spent the good part of a third of my life killing people, in their own sovereign countries in the name of freedom and democracy, or non existent WMD's, or on the premise of protecting them from the dictators our own governments installed for them, then yeah I suppose Id have to make up excuses to feel good about myself too. Id be feeling pretty gullible right about now.
The first response when dealing with a truth so heinous and vile and far from the reason I truly had believed, is inevitably, denial.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schillinger
reply to post by semperfortis

I just want to let you know that I, as an American citizen, am deeply insulted by both your original post and the way that you've conducted yourself throughout this entire thread. The military does not teach you to sit here and beg people to worship you just because you served nor does it instill the idea that because you served that you are somehow better than the average citizen. In my opinion, you are a disgrace to the service and the uniform.

You know how I EARNED the right to criticize you? Because my tax dollars FUNDED the past 33 years of your life. In short? GET OVER YOURSELF!

--
The OP never conducted himself negatively at all in this thread, your just spouting off to spout off. I too am an American citizen and from one citizen to another, I'm insulted at the ignorance you've displayed here for our fellow American and soldiers in arms.
Guess what? I TOO PAY TAXES. SEMPER PAYS TAXES. WE ALL PAY TAXES.
The military teaches us more then to just sit there, then again you ever here of "Hurry up and wait"?? course you haven't, how could you? WE are thought survival, evasion, resistance and escape...what do you know?! that's Sere training for you! WE are thought how to shoot, how to organize, to follow and to lead and all that is basic soldiering skills, we haven't even got into an MOS yet.
WE don't beg. US soldiers never beg. WE are not worshiped. All one needs to do is walk around in uniform and people, totally random people will thank us, buy us things, its flattering. The denizens here can't possibly understand that. But its something we have no control of.
The average citizen doesn't have what it takes to serve in the United States Military. Fact. only 1-2% of the nation has what it takes to endure the mental and physically tough training. Judging from your post, you won't make the cut.
In my opinion, your a disgrace to the American people and the fact that there are Americans out there like you is very troubling indeed. You are part of the fat that wrecking America it is needs to be cut, now.
edit on 16-8-2013 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerdurden1

Originally posted by blockhead
semperfortis, thanks for the post. All of us vets know exactly what you are saying and agree with you 100%, or most of us I'd bet. When we said the oath at enlistment, we signed a blank check to be spent as the USA deemed necessary. Unfortunately some of the brothers & sisters in arms had theirs cashed, God rest their souls.

I would venture to say all of the people flaming you have never put on a uniform and done what was asked and ordered of them for the service of others. I do not believe they have earned the right to criticize you. Only DI's have that right! Thankfully the majority of US citizens respect your & our beliefs and appreciate our service and sacrifice.

I just wanted you to know you aren't alone out here...hooah!

So as a patriot you want to violate my constitutional right to speek my mind?

No I did not say that. My opinion just like yours can be spoken freely, that's what all of our service is tied to. I believe in the freedom of speech even if I don't agree with it and have a different opinion. Just because I don't agree with someone doesn't mean they can't say what they want. I just feel we shouldn't criticize each other for those beliefs.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

You act as if being in the military in the US is some kind of honor, like its a good thing - you don't seem to understand that most thinking people realize that the US military is the most vile organization on earth.

It is at the moment more vile that the Bank of International Settlements, or the International Monetary Fund, these organizations deal in death, terror and subjugation.

Perhaps the only organization that is worse than the US military is the CIA .. and possibly Goldman Sachs.

If you were a pedophile, and you proclaimed it on the forums and said how proud you were, what reaction would you expect?

Being a US soldier is the lowest a man can sink imo - and you should be ashamed to have served the interests of the murderous scum who control it. Every single war the US has fought in modern history was based on lies, and served the interests of the international bankers. Those wars of aggression destroyed countless lives, brought untold suffering to millions - the US military has been the instrument of pure evil for the last 100 yrs.

A patriot would challenge tyranny, speak truth to power and defend his own property and family from a ruthless fascist state - serving the tyrant is not patriotism.

How can someone like you become a moderator on ATS? Its beyond belief - you do not have even the beginnings of understanding.

You need to go and get informed, and the truth will not be easy for you - if you allow reality in, you will suffer - but at least you will begin to be free, to be a true human and begin to understand. Sadly, because your own internal beliefs are so conflated with your ego - I do not think you will be able to even begin this process, as it will require destruction of your entire being.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Please tell me you did not seriously try to link military service to pedophilia... and then talk about someone else needed to get informed?

I honestly thought I had heard it all... guess not.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

i think it was a juxtoposition not a link. or where you being facetious?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerdurden1

semperfortis, thanks for the post. All of us vets know exactly what you are saying and agree with you 100%, or most of us I'd bet. When we said the oath at enlistment, we signed a blank check to be spent as the USA deemed necessary. Unfortunately some of the brothers & sisters in arms had theirs cashed, God rest their souls.

I would venture to say all of the people flaming you have never put on a uniform and done what was asked and ordered of them for the service of others. I do not believe they have earned the right to criticize you. Only DI's have that right! Thankfully the majority of US citizens respect your & our beliefs and appreciate our service and sacrifice.

I just wanted you to know you aren't alone out here...hooah!

So as a patriot you want to violate my constitutional right to speek my mind?

No I did not say that. My opinion just like yours can be spoken freely, that's what all of our service is tied to. I believe in the freedom of speech even if I don't agree with it and have a different opinion. Just because I don't agree with someone doesn't mean they can't say what they want. I just feel we shouldn't criticize each other for those beliefs.

No you said they dont have the right to. That means you want to not let people speak their mind's because you deem them unworthy for not serving.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
People in the military are just chess pawns. Just part of a larger game being played.
edit on 16-8-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

The quote in question:

Originally posted by Amagnon
If you were a pedophile, and you proclaimed it on the forums and said how proud you were, what reaction would you expect?

Post that in a thread where someone proclaimed pride at being gay and see how it is taken. It is wrong in that respect, and it is wrong in this respect.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

Yes, we get it, you're a special snowflake. Let's all worship the soldier now because he can do what he's told in boot camp! Let's do jumping jacks and run a few miles a day then pretend we're better than everyone!

Such a joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join