It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billy Meier, Debunking, Defending, whichever....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

just noted something about all the photographs, a potentially dead give-away, that these photographs are indeed fakes(not Meiers) If you note the caption below the photographs, they state the origin as "semyase silver star centre" when in fact it is called semjase silver star centre. In fact if you google it, you will not find a single source using "semyase silver star center"

I actually noticed that myself, but given the y and j substitution in many languages, it's not especially surprising.... If they are Meier's, then they were likely published SOMEWHERE (such as a book, etc.) at one time or another. Looks like a library trip is in order soon.....

Other people took a crack at the 'weddingcake craft' as well.They pointed out that the lower part of the craft resembles a lid found on (industrial) plastic barrels.There's a website on the net showing that.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerraX

Fascinating.....You forgot to weigh the model down so it doesn't get blown down by the wind.

Yeah, I think if it was a heavy UFO model, it would have at least caused the twigs to bend down. That being said, the fact that it is resting on a tree, suggests possible hidden elements. That is how you tell the difference between an illusionist magician and a sorcerer, one uses a cover, and the other doesn't.

One possible explanation, given if Meier is willing to go to the trouble of constructing a metallic 12-13m diameter UFO, is to have it suspended by a string/rope that is tied to the ground, and have the string concealed under the branches of the tree, with the UFO resting on the tree. I really have to admit, how the clip is staged, does give the impression of trickery.

However, as I've discovered recently, the Meier camp has the perfect excuse - "The Pleiadians don't want it proven, they just want to stimulate discussion, this is why they deliberately introduce controversal elements, so it remains obscured and easily dismissable" so that can be employed here, as for if there was no tree, or if the beamship changed position in real time, it would have been compelling indeed. Y

[edit on 1-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
In the Spanish language, the j often has the y sound. I HAVE seen this even on Meier's own multilingual sites (I can show you a screenshot of the Dogpile search showing this if you really need it)..
Still, like you, I'm looking for better confirmation they are truly claimed as Meier's pics.

Here's an interesting pic, and from Meier's own site link. It shows some kind of stand, perhaps used when putting himself in pics, but it could also easily explain the so-often used (how could a one-armed guy do all this) argument.... I'm guessing this is used to hold up a sheet of glass for the pics (as I plan to do, hehe...), but at the very least, it reflects that Meier is more than capable of using devices to aid in his photography...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Here's an interesting pic, and from Meier's own site link. It shows some kind of stand, perhaps used when putting himself in pics, but it could also easily explain the so-often used (how could a one-armed guy do all this) argument.... I'm guessing this is used to hold up a sheet of glass for the pics (as I plan to do, hehe...), but at the very least, it reflects that Meier is more than capable of using devices to aid in his photography...

That is a tripod. It is used to station the camera on, and to perform pans and tilts. It does not explain at all how a one-arm man does what he is doing.

Wow, that photograph is amazing. So what's your take? frisbees?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Nope, not frisbees...models affixed to glass between the camera and the background..., double exposure (easy to do against a light background, and impossible to prove or debunk as he's never provided the negatives to anyone), and number of ways to do this...

That is a tripod. It is used to station the camera on, and to perform pans and tilts.

No doubt, but the framed enclosure is what I'm referring to. Most tripods simply have a screw for attaching the camera, not a mounting bracket. That bracket could have all kinds of implications.

It also shows that there was premeditation (as one doesn't ordinarily go for a walk lugging a tripod...especially with one arm...), and this was not a spontaneous pic. Of course, Meier could be claiming that this is indeed the case, and that the photo op was planned.

[edit on 1-12-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Nope, not frisbees...models affixed to glass between the camera and the background..., double exposure (easy to do against a light background, and impossible to prove or debunk as he's never provided the negatives to anyone), and number of ways to do this...

Can't wait to see yours

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

In the Spanish language, the j often has the y sound. I HAVE seen this even on Meier's own multilingual sitesin his photography...

Well, Spanish is my home language, and I can tell you that "y" sounds like "sh" or "j" in English. So, pronunced in Spanish, "Semyase" sounds the same as "Semjase" pronunced in English.

"Semyase" could be just a bad translation from "Semjase".

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin

In the Spanish language, the j often has the y sound. I HAVE seen this even on Meier's own multilingual sitesin his photography...

Well, Spanish is my home language, and I can tell you that "y" sounds like "sh" or "j" in English. So, pronunced in Spanish, "Semyase" sounds the same as "Semjase" pronunced in English.

"Semyase" could be just a bad translation from "Semjase".

Nope. Even in the spanish version of FIGU, it is called the same: Semjase Silver Star Centre. It is the same with every other language, including the original german. Those photographs are the only items all over the internet, that use semyase.

Which only brings the already nebulous origins of these photographs into further question. It is more likely that the folk(s) who hoaxed these, got the name wrong, than it of Meier getting his own organization name wrong.

I think the case of these photographs is lacking of any evidence FOR their authenticity. So, untill any more evidence is forthcoming, this case is closed.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Just to illustrate the Spanish use....

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   

That is indeed interesting, it could possibly suggest the origins of possible hoaxers to be spanish(
) However, the point is, that the spanish section of FIGU uses Semjase Silver Star Centre. The question is the same, why would Meier get the name of his own organization wrong. Another question is -- why would he use spanish on his captions?

Something else you will find interesting, according to Meier, the Plejarens, is actually pronounced "playarens" however written with the J. So, semjase would really be semyase, but not in written form. It could therefore be deducted, that possible hoaxers, who have only heard the pronouncation, wrongly assumed it is spelled as semyase.

I think there is more reason to believe these photographs being hoaxes, than there is of them being Meiers.

[edit on 2-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I�m sorry to correct you, my friend, but that�s not Spanish...that�s Italian!!!

Other thing, it doesn�t necessary mean that because they used a "y" instead of a "j", the photos are not Meier�s. It�s just a spelling mistake. Why would that mean that the photos are fake? It only suggest that was written by other people than Meier�s.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The 'matter' above is just a typo in my opinion, although Meier&Company have a habit of playing with the J's.But in some instances it might be a good idea to insert a J, looking at the name NokodemJon - Billy Meier's spiritname.

I'm fascinated with all the explanations on how photographs can be faked.I always thought sceptics lacked a bit of imagination but when it comes to theorizing on fraud, they're the best!!! Amazing.

Btw, I have pictures on my HD of Meier's time travelling escapades.They're not that impressive, ammo for the sceptics.Also have a picture of an alleged Plejaren mothership which is strikingly similar to a NASA animation of a Voyager probe.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It only suggest that was written by other people than Meier�s.

Exactly, clearly suggesting that the caption claiming their origin being Meiers, was not by Meier or his organization, but by these other people. So how can we know they are Meiers? We cannot, not until there is evidence to prove it.

So, like I said, either evidence is produced to prove they are Meiers, or we drop them completely and move along.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

�m sorry to correct you, my friend, but that�s not Spanish...that�s Italian!!!

Doh!!!...you're right...I saw "padre" and jumped to conclusions, hehe...that'll teach me. Mama mia!!!

Personally, I'm not dropping those pics until I hear one way or the other from Horn, and after a library trip to look through Meier's books (if they are there)....
Look at a pic of Billy around '88 and then look at the laser gun pic.

Just because a pic bears a caption by a non-Meier site hardly counters the image of Billy in the pic, or the stated encounter supporting the pic.

Btw, I have pictures on my HD of Meier's time travelling escapades.

By all means post them. I keep hearing about them, but never SEE them. Both the San Francisco one and the Dino are supposedly from other sources...(GEO Magazine, and another, that is escaping me off the top of my head...)

[edit on 2-12-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

It only suggest that was written by other people than Meier�s.

Exactly, clearly suggesting that the caption claiming their origin being Meiers, was not by Meier or his organization, but by these other people. So how can we know they are Meiers? We cannot, not until there is evidence to prove it.

So, like I said, either evidence is produced to prove they are Meiers, or we drop them completely and move along.

Hi Indigo,

I'm not totally sure which pictures you contest but I must point out that the 'ray-gun' pics are definately Meier's.On the FIGU site are wallpapers availible for download and one of them has the same woman in 'goldfoil' in the bottom corner.The 'ray-gun' pics also show a big van/trailer which is visible on some other Meier pictures.I read several accounts that people slept in that trailer when they were over for a visit.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Btw, I have pictures on my HD of Meier's time travelling escapades.They're not that impressive, ammo for the sceptics.Also have a picture of an alleged Plejaren mothership which is strikingly similar to a NASA animation of a Voyager probe.

Please, please, post them!!
I really want to see them...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

On the FIGU site are wallpapers availible for download and one of them has the same woman in 'goldfoil' in the bottom corner.The 'ray-gun' pics also show a big van/trailer which is visible on some other Meier pictures.I read several accounts that people slept in that trailer when they were over for a visit.

You are right, here�s the wallpaper. No doubt now the Ray-gun pics are Meier�s, NOW topic closed.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

You are right, here�s the wallpaper. No doubt now the Ray-gun pics are Meier�s, NOW topic closed.

Ouch! Check and Mate on that one, hehe...

I searched the FIGU site, even the forum, and found references to the wallpaper, but somehow missed actually finding it....good job.

I can see why you were reluctant to post the dino pic, hehe...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Sorry, made a mistake.Here it's again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join