It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast and Furious Afghanistan: More Illegal Weapons in The Hands of The Enemy?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by jimmyx
that's why there will never be peace...killing people produces jobs, and corporate profits, to the tune of 100's of billions of dollars a year.

Which corporate profits would that be?

Ours or Russia's?

Oh c'mon now. The five largest arms dealers on the planet are also permanent members of the UN Security Council. And guess who tops the list?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Superb thread This Needs To go VIRAL

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
I really like Afghan people. I like to live like them. They work hard , they don't want much for their living , they are good neighbors. They mind their own way to their goal. They don't do anything to make you fall. They try to win you with hard work. It is really valuable.

Me too, no problem there

Afghan is a word referring to the word Faghan which means misery. Afghanistan means the land of misery and moaning.

Didn't know that.

Those people are one of the most oppressed nations on the planet

Which way?

Socially?
Militarily?
Politically?
Religiously?

It really makes me sad that some ignorant people call them enemies. They are no one's enemies. Afghanistan is a poor country which can not dig it's own mines.

I'm assuming you're referring to the use of Enemies in this thread's title and premise...? I'd stop for a second and understand how it was meant and why it was used

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The US doesn't make Rpg's now does it?

Why nope they don't.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I first thought the reasons for not only the corruption involving the RPG's and other weapons violations were along the lines of other posters comments - basically, arming the enemy by the backdoor, with weapons bought and paid for by the US, so the profitable war can continue...no justification for massive military spending on the Afghan war, if the enemy are no fighting is there!

Then i thought of another angle that might be employed here.

Totally hypothetical, but...what if these RPG's, fuel and food convoys that are off the books as it were, are deliberately being offloaded to the Taliban for another reason than justifying more arms sales to the coalition forces?

Think about it...what if those weapons, were...tagged?

What if they were rigged to malfunction, taking the operator with it?

What if the food trucks being hijacked from convoys are contaminated with rfid tech or some other nano means of tracking whomever consumed the food or used the supplies?

Or even contaminated with radioactive isotopes, to bring slow death so as not to alert the Taliban where the sickness came from?

That's a LOT of what if's...but what if?

It would explain a lot.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
From what I can tell Cryptome is saying all these weapons are coming from Alaska National Guard and they have been skirting the DOD and Federal Government oversight.

cryptome.org...

(1) bring justice to numerous US military families, especially to the men and women stationed in Alaska who have died and continue to die of "unknown" causes without investigations even though reports stated foul play, drug cartel, and weapons trafficking; 2) syndicate a national and global awareness of rogue militants allowed to join the United States Armed Forces today to operate against itself appointed at the highest levels; and, 3) bring justice to 45+ stationed Alaska military rape victims who after reporting through the proper channels up the chain of command were left without investigations into their cases and rather actually ignored. It is said to be a cover up that goes deep. A connection much bigger than humanly imaginable. The drug cartel, guns trafficking, operating out of mainly Fort Greely, Alaska. FBI agent Karl Hansen flew to Alaska with a second agent from Washington DC with orders from his superiors to investigate the unknown deaths and claims of drug cartel operating out of Alaska, as well the 45+ reported rape victims that were left un-investigated. Star generals are reported involved at the highest levels, and at one point, it was remarked how "this is movie stuff" shaking his head. Colonel Blaylock when questioned said it is the residual effects of Eric Holder's Operation Fast and Furious that is being injected into our military. Colonel Blaylock has gone to 11 sources to get help, and then in the middle of investigations, April 2012, he was terminated from the US Armed Forces after 29.5 years serving. Sources Made Aware 1 FBI 2 Alaska StateTrooper 3 Anchorage Police Department (APD) 4 US Marshals 5 Senator Begich 6 Senator Murkowski 7 Governor Parnell 8 US Army Criminal Investigation Command (CID) Fort Rich 9 Department of Army 10 Department of Defense (DoD) 11 Anchorage Daily News three (3) times

And one thing I see a problem with is they are saying Fast And Furious was Eric Holders plan when it started under Bush.

Ted Stevens I think would be the key to all of this. Even when being investigated he got out with a pass. When he died in the plane crash he was on his way to a secret military base with a guy from NASA. When he left office he dove head first into top secret military deals.
edit on 28-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

There was an Army soldier found dead in his barracks over the Christmas holiday of an "apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound" in Alaska. . .

Alaska-based soldier found dead Christmas morning in military barracks

This isn't an isolated incident. There was another soldier killed about a year ago on that same base, because the killer left the base to dispose of a bloody couch -- local authorities got involved and people heard about it. About a year before that another soldier "killed themselves" too.

Perhaps there is something to that -- I know that there have been one or two service members that were stationed in Alaska that were charged with espionage for Iran a little while back.

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm assuming you're referring to the use of Enemies in this thread's title and premise...? I'd stop for a second and understand how it was meant and why it was used

Thats not brain surgery...
The "enemy" is... anyone who shoots back.

Every time we kill one we make more enemies of their family members, their neighbors, the funeral procession, etc.

Kind of self defeating, don't you think?

Unless of course the idea is to promote endless war...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

It's an analogy to how the Afghanis feel with the current American troops in THEIR country. Now I'm not sure where the world you are, but imagine yourself in that position: You're just average Joe, doing whatever you do to make a living when suddenly, you see foreign army vehicles (pick whatever country you like). They start shooting, blowing up buildings, saying that they are protecting you from a dangerous group...I'm just gonna throw out the Police or local law enforcement. They get rid of most of the law enforcement, leaving enough where they can't fight back...limited resources, the like, but they find a way to keep fighting back against the invaders as a way of saying "hey, we don't want you in our country/state/province whatever"

You think It's cool because the foreign guys are offering some sweet deals, say better guns and ways to enforce crime than the LE did. But then these invaders start raiding your homes on pretenses that you are helping the LE, sometimes bombing buildings to get rid of them. Some of your friends are probably captured/tortured/killed in being suspected as LE, and raiding the local markets to feed themselves and not leaving much for your fellow citizens, or perhaps jacking up the prices of goods...as if to help fund their cause.

You believe that the things they are doing aren't going to happen to you, but on the day it does, you don't know who to turn to, other that the LE, who give you the training and weapons you need. You probably sympathize with their cause, because these foriegn invaders are hurting more than helping, and you don't really know why they are here in the first place.

Let's also say, you become an upstanding citizen, that the foreign guys want you to work for them, and you do, but you still want to help your local LE and your neighbors, so you decide to take them out on the inside.

That's basically Afghani sentiment on the whole US occupation, but be my guest if you would like to live one day in their shoes.

~Toastman~

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hi Springer,

Very interesting...an potentially very HUGE story here.

I'm yet to speak with my friend regarding our u2u conversations...he's away on Xmas holidays with his family, but when he gets back I'll call in on him. Chances are he'll likely know this guy Ben Timmons...as NZ is a small enough place, and NZ privateers working over in those areas also tend to come from similar backgrounds (ex-Mil, ex-NZSAS, ex-AOS etc) as my friend did.

Some of what this guy Ben is saying wouldn't at all surprise me.
As mentioned, a number of years ago when my friend and his group were over there, they would occasionally drop various supplies in various areas for supposed collection by 'friendlies'.

Some of those 'friendlies' by the very nature of what they were doing would deliberately not be dropped supplies/weapons used by 'friendlies' so as not to leave too many indications pointing the finger back their/our way...or tipping off any 'unfriendlies' that there were our Forces operating in their area.

As mentioned - on one occasion, after a brief firefight and they went to check the area they came across a number of munition boxes...which he recognised as being ones their group had dropped off a while ago.

He was increasingly concerned *who* they were actually being paid to supply and/or where the supplies were eventually ending up...hence one of the main reasons he got out of there.

Anyway...damn interesting...hope something solid comes from Mr Timmons story here...

Cheers.

edit on 28-12-2012 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
America is the enemy.. who are you kidding?
edit on 28-12-2012 by LoveisanArt because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by intrptr

The US doesn't make Rpg's now does it?

Why nope they don't.

Yah, we just sell them to our terrorist allies. Case in point. The same country, different "intervention"...

Six months later, the Soviets sent troops into Afghanistan, a move which immediately led Carter's National Security Adviser to advocate “more money as well as arms shipments to the rebels,” both directly and via Pakistan, China, and Islamic countries. For the next decade, the CIA aided the guerrillas, at first with weapons purchased from China, Egypt, and Pakistan...

www.us-foreign-policy-perspective.org...

Emphasis added. Read that: Eastern Bloc weapons from Egypt and Pakistan (like AKs and RPGs). It wouldn't look good if the Afghan Mujahideen were toting American made M16s now would it?

Back then we helped oust the Soviets... with their own weapons. Now tell me who is being Clandestine...

Isn't that the premise of this thread?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Soviets invaded Afghanistan then the big bad Americans supplied the Mujahedin weapons so they could defend themselves against the Soviets

Yeah I think many here understand how you see things.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.

This is like an Weight Watchers Conference.

And the contractors are handing out Big Macs.

Did I get it right?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
S&F

Great thread, I'm looking forward to any developments. I can't imagine what that situation could have been like, I hope the guy stays safe.
edit on 28-12-2012 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yeah I think many here understand how you see things.

It matters little what I see. What matters is who is violating international law by waging aggressive war on sovereign nations.

Or promoting such. Or defending same.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
So let me get this straight.

This is like an Weight Watchers Conference.

And the contractors are handing out Big Macs.

Did I get it right?

The only difference is .... they never have to do their "weigh-"ins"

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
It matters little what I see.

Agreed

Or promoting such. Or defending same.

Pointing out historical inconsistencies, omissions and lack of context is not defending nor promoting the same.
It's simply pointing out historical inconsistencies, omissions and lack of context.

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I was simply hoping to show that it was okay to call the Soviets "bad guys" for invading Afghanistan and even help drive them out, but now we are the invaders and thats "okay"?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
I was simply hoping to show that it was okay to call the Soviets "bad guys" for invading Afghanistan and even help drive them out, but now we are the invaders and thats "okay"?

There we have it Ladies and Gents, The assumptive implying reply
Apparently, when anybody discusses the topic objectively then that means they obviously support what is presently transpiring....

Where has anybody in this thread intrptr said or stated it was "okay"?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yah, we just sell them to our terrorist allies. Case in point. The same country, different "intervention"...

So?

The only country in the world who can't sell weapons to terrorists is the US?

Sure sounds like that even tho there are plenty of other countries that do the same so why only vilify one country out of that plethora?

Emphasis added. Read that: Eastern Bloc weapons from Egypt and Pakistan (like AKs and RPGs). It wouldn't look good if the Afghan Mujahideen were toting American made M16s now would it?

What was the point of this comment?

We already "established" how evil the US is while ignoring other countries who do the same things.

Back then we helped oust the Soviets... with their own weapons. Now tell me who is being Clandestine...

Yep after the Soviets helped oust the Americans in Vietnam who was "being clandestined".

Thought the premise of the thread is non existent background checks on Afghani's who are giving those weapons to the Taliban.
edit on 28-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join