It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BRIGHT PULSATING OBJECTS EITHER SIDE OF ORION'S BELT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Text Hi everyone this is my first thread so please be patient. I was looking up at the stars last night because i saw a strange looking flying object flying slowly and pulsating green, red and white. it then changed to pink and sped off at incredible speed towards orion's belt and vanished. then i noticed two weird star like objects either side of said constellation in a perfect line. these are pulsating strangely different colours also. i have never noticed these before and apologise if they are just stars and am being daft, i just thought it would be worth bringing up. i will try to upload a drawing so you will get a better idea of what im going on about

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
" i will try to upload a drawing so you will get a better idea of what im going on about "

haha that won't fly around here lool ..

pics or it didn't happen is here for a reason .

Do you not have a cell phone cam or anything?

tell ya what , go back to the same spot tonight and try and video tape it , will help with figuring out what you saw.

you know space is pretty big , and your drawing might not help pinpoint it

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by vrlsh6

Sorry, can't give any comments. Totally clouded over this side of the North Sea, so I can't pull out my telescopes and have a look, but it sure sounds interesting.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm from the US I saw the same thing last night at Orion's location. i observed it fr a good couple of minutes and in my mind i was trying to debunk that it could be just a star but, the lights pulsating from it defies my debunking.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
and Yes, it was hovering very very slowly from left to right then it will stationary then move again. i do have a smart phone and actually thought of capturing it but it was too dark for my phone camera to get a clear shot.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I seen a pulsating satellite, also called a flaring ( phenomenon caused by the reflective surfaces on satellites (such as antennas or solar panels) reflecting sunlight directly onto the Earth below and appearing as a brief, bright "flare"
but that was only in bright white colors not the colors you talk about. so cant be that.

But the colors could be linked to airplanes, but that dont explain the movement you speak of, perhaps helicopter but not fast enough ?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Thanks for the heads up OP, I too was looking at Orion / Jupiter / Venus / Mars last night, did not see anything out of the ordinary although the stars were unusually bright in Kansas.

Personally I think a drawing would be helpful so we know where to look. You already told us the general area around Orion's belt, thats just a few degrees of sky, I'll bust out the dob tonight

Take a picture with a cell phone??

Try that sometime. I'm a photographer and know taking pictures of stars in not a simple thing.
Maybe you've got some beast 10Mpx camera on yours or something but I've never EVER seen a camera phone that would be any use whatsoever for stellar photography. I vote you draw a scale drawing and share it.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
I seen a pulsating satellite, also called a flaring ( phenomenon caused by the reflective surfaces on satellites (such as antennas or solar panels) reflecting sunlight directly onto the Earth below and appearing as a brief, bright "flare"
but that was only in bright white colors not the colors you talk about. so cant be that.

But the colors could be linked to airplanes, but that dont explain the movement you speak of, perhaps helicopter but not fast enough ?

I am aware of the flaring caused by satellites and yes the only possible lighting effect it can create is only bright white colors. but, this one is different it has glaring pulsating red, green, blue and white and yellow lights. and the pulsation is very rapid unlike in a chopper or airplane which blinks in a timed coordinated manner. no sound it just hovers left and right very very slow fluid motion will stop at one position then move again.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by vrlsh6
Text Hi everyone this is my first thread so please be patient. I was looking up at the stars last night because i saw a strange looking flying object flying slowly and pulsating green, red and white. it then changed to pink and sped off at incredible speed towards orion's belt and vanished. then i noticed two weird star like objects either side of said constellation in a perfect line. these are pulsating strangely different colours also. i have never noticed these before and apologise if they are just stars and am being daft, i just thought it would be worth bringing up. i will try to upload a drawing so you will get a better idea of what im going on about

I often see the pulsing, slow moving green, white, and red things. I'm quite sure they're satellites.
But I've never seen any of them go fast

I did see a strange flash out there once though, it just looked like a star, then got really big and bright, and then completely vanished.

Right now, its clouded over, and really really cold.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
i drew up a little diagram of how things looked, but can i have some help from somebody on how to upload it? its in jpg format

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vrlsh6

In the banner at the top pf this page, under "Tools" there is a tool called "ATS Uploads", which is sort of ATS' private version of Photobucket or Imageshack.

edit on 1/14/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

ok thanks i will try it now

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vrlsh6

sorry its not the greatest diagram on earth but i tried

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Same scenario here but instead of the Object being at the bottom of the belt I saw it on the right side moving left to right.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by vrlsh6

Rigel and Betelguese are in the locations of your pulsing stars. Rigel is the one on the right side.
I can't see them right now, because it's cloudy, but they're big and do a lot of twinkling.

Your unidentified object is still unidentified.

new topics

top topics

join