It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any time you have a spiritual experience, that you should not share with others?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I just had an amazing spiritual experience, so much occurred it will probably sound insane to most, but I want to share it.

However, I have my doubts on sharing it - I do know that giving definitive proof of things I have learned is not good to do and will only hurt me in the end - I am still learning on what I can and cannot share, but I would love feedback/guidance on the experience I had and I know there are spiritual ways to get that help but I could use someones help that is able to talk to me in real time. I feel I need someone to help me, but for now I could use opinions about my question I have asked.

If you honestly do not know the answer please do not tell me what to do - I only wish for those who understand what and why I'm asking to respond and I hope you all understand why.

Thank you all.

-highlyoriginal
edit on 11/13/2010 by highlyoriginal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

You need to be CAREFUL.

Or they will pump you full of Thorazine and break you until you are convinced you ARE insane and your family is DEFINITELY convinced.

Be careful. Explore your ideas/knowledge in places like ATS, but why try to talk with someone about something when you KNOW they will probably respond negatively because of there belief system and environmental conditioning.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by poap420

oh sorry, add me to facebook. My name is Launi Harrell, and then send me a message.. im sort of an insomniac so i will be up, and I will do my best to understand what you are saying, and hopefully we will learn from eachother

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Be very careful what you say and don't say reguarding your personal spiritual experiences. Follow your inner voice it will never lead you astray.

~holly

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by poap420

I have been involved in the spiritual side of life for several years, you can chat with me about it if you like and I will see what wisdom I can offer, but mostly I will simply listen and bear witness, as your experience is your own and beyond outside judgement.

Talk soon,

-G

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

edit on 13-11-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: x2

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

My advice is that you would know if you werent supposed to say anything so it is probably something you want to share, maybe not ATS if your questioning it but someone close to you perhaps. It seems you want to talk about it so im leaning more in the direction of share it, but like I said, Im not hinting to tell us LOL no serious though.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by marriah3330

My advice is that you would know if you werent supposed to say anything so it is probably something you want to share, maybe not ATS if your questioning it but someone close to you perhaps. It seems you want to talk about it so im leaning more in the direction of share it, but like said, Im not hinting to tell us LOL no serious though.

Yes I do want to share it very much so, I have asked as much as I can spiritually for an answer and am waiting to get my answer. I told myself if I am to receive none before I am done typing up the experience to share, then I will take that as the answer itself - to do what I believe/want to do.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I posted on your comments, go view please and reply if warranted

Remember: Truth is subjective... most of what 'we' learn in school is total bull.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
What no Catholic Priest joke?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

lol thats really funny

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Dont talk about your personal experiences. When developing supernormal powers your ego wants to share with others how special you are. This is not permitted. Try not to focus to much on what you see, feel and hear.
Enjoy the experiences but do not let it become a big deal in your life. Stay with your feet on the ground.
Peace

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

What are "spiritual experiences" anyway?

Are they experiences that happens to us in our subjective sphere of experiences? Are spiritual experiences strong feelings/thoughts/emotions regarding abstract ideas of numinous nature? Or do they include encounters with spirits?

For example, is experience of clairaudience (my share for this thread) a spirtual experience? Is thought of god a spiritual experience? Or is prayer a spirtual act?

From times immemorial, humans have had "spiritual" experiences, but are there any satisfying explanations what is the cause of these experiences? What is their nature?

Spiritual experiences seems to be mostly subjective. Hence in order to be able to interpret and understand them, it is important to know oneself.

-v

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Please feel free to U2U me.
I've experienced spiritual events that no matter how much family and friends want to hear about it all, they just aren't sure. I understand.

Kyred

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

What are "spiritual experiences" anyway?

Are they experiences that happens to us in our subjective sphere of experiences? Are spiritual experiences strong feelings/thoughts/emotions regarding abstract ideas of numinous nature? Or do they include encounters with spirits?

For example, is experience of clairaudience (my share for this thread) a spirtual experience? Is thought of god a spiritual experience? Or is prayer a spirtual act?

From times immemorial, humans have had "spiritual" experiences, but are there any satisfying explanations what is the cause of these experiences? What is their nature?

Spiritual experiences seems to be mostly subjective. Hence in order to be able to interpret and understand them, it is important to know oneself.

-v

Once you get to a certain level you will have realizations that explain everything as truths - not beliefs. I can't really get into it because I can not prove anything to anyone - they must experience it for themselves.

I believe religion, especially anything organized like churches and such, are there to satisfy those who wish to just believe in something - if everyone were to think for themselves it would be a much better reality for us all.

What I know to be truths are to some/most others sound like pure craziness, and that's fine because everyone is here to learn from one another and have their own opinions. I know what I know, as you know what you know - we all have the potential to tap into all knowledge collective, but you have to get there on your own and use what you need at the time for the right reasons, otherwise you will not sustain the relationship with your higher self/complete subconscious. That's pretty much all I can say for now publicly.

I appreciate the answers in this thread, and one of them just aligned with me on my level in many ways so I have made my decision and I will not share anything right now, at least (once again) publicly. Most are not ready to hear what I have to say and if you take this sentence wrong I'm sorry but hopefully sooner than later you will understand what I am saying.

Love & Light to you all my friends

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

lol after reading your last post... i will probably orgasm in my mind when I read your complete account/interpretation of that which is.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
wow. i feel a collaboration coming on, you would probably really enjoy this thread. abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

People will not believe you, just close your mouth.

They're for you and you alone, no one else. Just understand them for yourself. You cannot really explain them anyway, as there are not enough words to describe all feelings or sensations in an accurate way.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

They're for you and you alone, no one else. Just understand them for yourself. You cannot really explain them anyway, as there are not enough words to describe all feelings or sensations in an accurate way.

Well the experience was shared with a good friend so obviously we shared most of everything together, we were on the same level and it literally helped change his life in an instant but it was meant to happen - every moment our of lives guide us to where we need to go and when the right setting occurs you will have truths shown to you in ways you can't imagine - my mind is still blown and overwhelmed but I have retained what I needed now and I've realized what I need to do with what I have gained for the most part, although some things are yet to be explained in full to me as I'm sure I was not ready to have learned some of the things I did in complete.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

This kind of thinking prevents spiritual progress for the Neanderthals of the world, because they need a STEP BY STEP guide... which can only be developed by people like highly original. Keep it up high, because you are onto it. You have it, im sure of it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join