It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Commando: 'We Had No Choice': (I beleive this guy more than anyone else)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

Iwould rather study the facts of the USS liberty, I think all americans should. It is part of our history that has been kept out of the public domain for far to long. Those brave men should never be forgotten, even though a lot of people have hidden the truth since 1967. Apart from anything else, who in their right mind would ever Napalm an American ship?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Well, yeah. Duh. You get attacked and you fight back. Or die or become enslaved or a hostage, or whatever horrors that could await you.

Some schlup who must serve in the military of his country unless he is disabled or designated as unfit for duty because he is mentally not able to perform such duties, well, they will do what they must do, and get it over with and be done with it, eventually, and wash their hands of it and wish it all wasn't reality.

The real issue is, was Israel right in this event or were they wrong? Were the blockade runners right or wrong? That is up for debate. Whether anyone cites laws, and such things. there are people who will disagree, to the point of drawing attention to a situation or even fight back, against all odds.

And there are dupes on all sides. And there are dupes all in between, too. I consider myself one of the dupes in between. Because I am not given the entire truth at anytime. And I don't know which way to turn sometimes.But sometimes I must take a stand either way, or another way, with what I have at hand as far as information.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon

Originally posted by guavas
And also...mercenaries are armed to the teeth...ergo them being...um...mercenaries. Miniguns? AK's? Iunno...lots of things that go boom?

Knives and pipes? Poorly paid mercs I guess...

Something smells fishy and the odor is in stereo.

Mercenary

A mercenary is a person who takes part in an armed conflict, who is not a national or a party to the conflict, and is "motivated to take part in the hostilities essentially by the desire for private gain and, in fact, is promised, by or on behalf of a party to the conflict, material compensation substantially in excess of that promised or paid to combatants of similar ranks and functions in the armed forces of that Party"

en.wikipedia.org...

Technically speaking, you could be an 'outsider' paid large sums of money to thow sticks at a country's stick throwing enemy....

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Skellon]

I still have to contest that if I knew I was going into a hairy situation with armed commandos, I'd bring more than pipes and knives.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

Israel is a racist terrorist state and the whole world are condemning it.......Dems da facts.

trying to run a blockade in that atmosphere

A blockade that only exists in Israel's imagination, and has no legality in the real world

[edit on 4-6-2010 by ken10]

They are both racist terrorist states. I don't see one any better than the other. I could site dozens examples of both being terrorists. I'd rather see peace between them, because neither is going away, then this crap everyday.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Although I will say that both parties agreed only one soldier repelled down first, so I'm not sure that 90 - 100 against one is really defined as an attack.

I think it's undisputed that there were no firearms onboard that boat, and if any were used against the Israelis were "stolen" from them (I personally do suspect cases of friendly fire).

If you are armed with utility objects you find around you, and a person rappels down to you with very real firearms, while all of this is happening in international waters, I have a problem with calling this none other than an assault.

How many students were there at Columbine against only two attackers? Is it not considered an assault just on the merit of sheer numbers, helicopters and guns nonwithstanding?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I still have to contest that if I knew I was going into a hairy situation with armed commandos, I'd bring more than pipes and knives.

Quite frankly, this is the voice of common sense. Except there is a chance that the organizers of the flotilla screened everyone wanting to board to exclude the possibility of weapons (I would do that, personally).

One AK-47 onboard would have broken everything the mission was hoping to accomplish.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Haven't posted in a while. Just wanted to say Bravo ... seriously very good job in world distraction. Yup all we read about ... what's on everyones lips? This BS crap.

What about the oil spill old news right!

Anyways, wake up people stop this crap ... dont tell me you cant see all of this is a big joke.

We know 2 things:
#1 - 5 vessels full of food and civilians defying a so called blockade ... which we all agree affects both so called terrorist and poor civilians that just wish they were born elsewhere.
#2 - A state that plays bully and victim every chance it gets. Same story over and over ... Sending trained commandos to bord a ship in international water... more dead on the civilians side then on the commando's side. Expected no?

I watched all your videos ... If i would be on that ship and desperate I would do the same. Protect the weaker on the ship.

What were we all expecting as a result from this? Besides the expected reaction.

I bully you and come in the street (international street here) punch you and your buddies in the nose to show you I'm not messing around and I can do what I want when I want. But when all the neighbors come out of their houses and see what you did ...(Watch the videos) that you cawerdly attacked someone that was simply protesting (in the street not yet in your house) with your big paintball gun that makes holes in flesh and your 9mm's that are used as I donno protective decoration (When you bring weapons to a fight be ready to receive the same treatment) you scream you didnt see what he did to me first? lololol

Come on people ... Israel acted as expected like they always did ... and then they ran behind big brother like they always do ....

Lucky you ... bravo you wont be beaten down this time by the entire crawd that saw what you did. But trust me on one thing evil never wins no matter what. Its just the way it is... you will pay for your crimes eventually ... If the police doesnt catch up to you (UN) one day the entire neighborhood will be fed up of your ways, lies, deception and will eventually make justice on their own ...

We all know what law is for right? Control ... You cant blind us for eternety ... you cant control us for ever .... one day ... one day justice will be made ... not only for you but to all that act like you ...

For a so called nation who proclaimed itself the children of god. Bravo God would be proud of you.

For a so called nation that was percecuted and hunted in the past. Bravo for avenging your past on the weaker and doing the axact same thing they did to you.

For a so called nation that says they own the right to defend themself and theirs. Bravo for not understanding that they are just doing the same and that in this case you are the oppresor not the other way around.

For a socalled nation that says as some of the best trained commandos and one of the best intelligence agency in the world. bravo for not thinking about immobilizing the ships and wait for them to beg to be rescued without any blood shed.

Meanwhile sleep sheeple sleep .... Useless to say anymore

Sorry for my typos ... but i'm sure its the least of your worries right now

Time Neminem Fide Nemini

[edit on 4-6-2010 by NIGHTRID3R]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thanks Muzzle, thats the most sensible post i've read in the entire group of posts this ship boarding has generated.
Those are the words I've been groping for but could'nt bring to my keyboard!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NIGHTRID3R

You have just written everything I wanted to say, but far better than I could have said it. Respect.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaperx
Just listen to EvolvedMinistry and rest your case cause he is 200% right !

R.I.P. John

Much appreciation reaperx. Star from me.

I'm glad that there are others that are not swallowing this B.S. story that Israel actually expects people who are capable of critical thought to believe.

911 was bad enough. Now they expect us to believe this hogwash???

I'm not buying it, and I never did to begin with.

Much love to you reaperx and all those who are using that organ that lies in between the ears. As for the rest of the people who are siding with Israel...

GROW UP AND WAKE UP. How many more screw ups are we going to allow our government and Israel to perpetrate upon us and the rest of the world???

They're responsible for our failing economy, they are responsible for 90% of the world's wars, they own 98% of world media conglomerates, and they are intentionally breaking our pocketbooks. THINK for God's sake...THINK!!!

And by the way, this post isn't anti-Semitic, Anti-Jew, or Anti-American. That's usually what the WEAK will try to propose when they no longer have a viable argument. This post is Anti-politician and Anti-Greed. Don't get the principles twisted or screwed up.

Much love to all...And I do mean ALL.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Tell you what, I'll give you a gun and then me and about 15 of my friends will come at you with pipes, knifes, clubs, etc. and start beating and stabbing you. I wonder if Maslow's hierarchy of needs will come into play and you'll start to feel that your safety is threatened.

My guess is that your mind and body will react and go into self-preservation mode and that gun in your hand will suddenly become your best friend. And I'll bet you'd say it was self-defense...NOT murder.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by guavas

Friend, how do you expect to get firearms onboard a civilian ship?

It is of course possible, but not likely as Turkish customs are not amateurs.

My point is that they deliberatly used weapons that were not firearms, to incite the use of firearms in retaliation, therefore condemning any military response.

These are not 'thick' people.

One blow to the head from an iron pipe can kill a man.

The soldiers were being hit repeatedly by iron pipes, they were also being stabbed and many high power catapults were seen being equipped and at least one is shown being fired on the Mavi Marmara security camera footage.

Incase you think I am making wild accusations about 'toys', a little video;

Putting it simply, if someone shot at you with a high powered sling shot then you would need immediate medical attention.

If someone shot at you with a gun, you would need immediate medical attention.

One is legal without a permit, the other isn't.

Both can kill.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by star child
reply to post by kingofmd

Iwould rather study the facts of the USS liberty, I think all americans should. It is part of our history that has been kept out of the public domain for far to long. Those brave men should never be forgotten, even though a lot of people have hidden the truth since 1967. Apart from anything else, who in their right mind would ever Napalm an American ship?

Wow....way to try and derail this thread! I'm sure there are other threads dealing with that subject that would suit your fancy.

Go find 'em tiger.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Quite frankly, this is the voice of common sense. Except there is a chance that the organizers of the flotilla screened everyone wanting to board to exclude the possibility of weapons (I would do that, personally).

One AK-47 onboard would have broken everything the mission was hoping to accomplish.

I agree.

Problem being if they *did* have arms, it would have ruined the objective: To make a ruse against Israel, once again targetting them for terrorist propoganda.

If they had had arms, Israel would have been able to show proven justification.

Instead, using pipes and the like, they can claim them as utilities on the ship. Which, they did. Anything can become a weapon when it is used to injure, maim, or kill.

The only reason they did not have *arms* was plausible deniability.

Jeffrey Dahmer was killed with a broomstick. Hence, a broomstick became a lethal weapon. It was all the killer had at his disposal at the moment. But, he accomplished his goal.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

And if you hook the ropes of the copter to the deck of the ship, prior to anyone repelling onto the deck, what does that say?

Hey, the Turkish captain of the ship said he saw passengers throwing weapons overboard. Guess the guy driving the ship was wrong.

And friendly fire in that situation? Come on.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I was pretty convinced, until he said "i knew they were terrorists." That part just didnt ring true to me. Even if I, an american, was attacked by a bunch of turks on a boat i would classify them as "terrorists". maybe extremists or hostiles or even soldiers.

This whole blurb is made for you and me, easy to swallow for Americans.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Well, then. What was really going aboard that boat at that moment, I wonder? Once the first live shot was fired, and/or the first activist hit the floor dead - what happened? Why did the violence continue?

I've seen videos where all it takes is ONE shot, or ONE dead for the mob to disperse...what were they thinking? Were they all high or something?

I guess either the mob was bloodlusted for a fallen comrade...
...or the mob backed down and...more bad things happened.

9 or 10 people dead could easily be the result of either case I guess...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I hope the Irish ship has some good ole IRA members on board this go around. I want to see a fight... I hope Turkey does send a destroyer as well I'd like to see those ex U.S. class ships we sold them ships light some Israeli ass up.

Let the fire works begin

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
To those that would have the ship's dock at israel port for "inspection".
That sounds fine..but naturaly the authorities would have to confiscate all items that pose a "threat to israel's national security"..you know things like.

sage
cardamom
jam
chocolate
wood for construction
cement
size A4 paper
writing implements
notebooks
toys
heaters

and many other. List of banned items

israel just could not handle any more "devestating rocket attacks" from Gaza.

From the first rocket launches from Gaza in 2001 to May 2009, rocket attacks have killed 15 civilians in Israel, according to Israel’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Link

israel would be forced to "defend" it's people from this threat.

B'Tselem said detailed research with careful cross-checking showed 1,387 Palestinians died, over half of them civilians and 252 of them children.
BBC

Look's a bit one sided no?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
So who exactly are the freedom fighter and the terrorist in this case?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join