It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Commando: 'We Had No Choice': (I beleive this guy more than anyone else)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

JERUSALEM - When St.-Sgt. S. fast-roped down from an air force Black Hawk helicopter onto the Mavi Marmara Turkish passenger ship on Monday morning, he did not expect to be landing in what he called “a battlefield” and facing off against a group of “murderous mercenaries.”

The 15th and last naval commando from Flotilla 13 (the Shayetet) to rappel down onto the ship from the helicopter, S. said on Thursday that he was immediately attacked by what the IDF has called “the mob of mercenaries” aboard the vessel, just like the soldiers who had boarded just before him.Looking to his side, he saw three of his commanders lying wounded – one with a gunshot wound to the stomach and another with a gunshot wound to the knee. A third was lying unconscious; his skull was fractured by a devastating blow with a metal bar.

He pushed the wounded soldiers up against the wall of the upper deck and created a perimeter of soldiers around them to begin treating their wounds, he said. He then arranged his men to form a second perimeter, and pulled out his 9 mm. Glock pistol to stave off the charging attackers and to protect his wounded comrades.

The attackers had already seized two pistols from the commandos, and fired repeatedly at them. Facing more than a dozen of the mercenaries, and convinced their lives were in danger, he and his colleagues opened fire, he said. S. singlehandedly killed six men. His colleagues killed another three.

“When I hit the deck, I was immediately attacked by people with bats, metal pipes and axes,” S. told the Post. “These were without a doubt terrorists. I could see the murderous rage in their eyes and that they were coming to kill us.”

Based on preliminary results of its investigation into the navy’s takeover of the Mavi Marmara, which ended with nine dead passengers and more than 30 wounded, the IDF said on Thursday that the commandos were attacked by a well-trained group of mercenaries, most of whom were found without IDs but with thousands of dollars in their pockets.

The group was well trained and was split into a number of squads of about 20 mercenaries each distributed throughout the upper deck, the IDF said. All of the mercenaries wore gas masks and ceramic bulletproof vests and were armed with either bats, slingshots, metal bars, knives or stun grenades.

Nevertheless, the IDF suspects that the group did have some guns of its own. Israeli forensic experts who examined the ship found casings belonging to a weapon that was not used by the commandos, and the Turkish captain of the ship later told the IDF that the “mercenaries” threw their weapons overboard after the commandos took control of the vessel.

Each squad of the “mercenaries” was equipped with a Motorola communication device, the IDF said, so they could pass information to one another. Assessments in the defense establishment are that members of the group were affiliated with international global jihad elements and had undergone training in places like Afghanistan and Pakistan.

In contrast to earlier reports, the commandos said that they began using their weapons within a minute and a half after boarding the ship, due to the extreme violence they faced. One of the reasons S. pulled out his gun right after landing on the ship was because one of the mercenaries was pointing a pistol, snatched from one of the commandos, at another commando’s head.

Source: www.newsmaxworld.com...
Friday, June 4, 2010 7:37 AM

I'll say it again. They are lucky more didn't get killed by the Commandos. Those militants on the ship wanted a fight and they got it.

Now I don't blame Israel at all. I hope they disable this newest ship coming. Fools. Instead of abiding by Law, they do this crap. Stick to your guns Israel. Protect your people.

More in the main article. I wanted to show that they people on the boat were not who the MSM is saying they are/were.

+112 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This is what happens when armed men illegally board a vessel in International waters with the intention of hijacking it and abducting the passengers and cargo

Actually, I agree that some on board the boat had been anticipating this happening and had come prepared. But that does not make the Israeli attack any more justified and simply shows that the Israelis are either stupid, naive or both to have not expected this obvious eventuality.

+28 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Star and Flag for you.

Its sad how many people lack the ability to see this whole thing for what it is. A propaganda event staged by Anti-Israelis. These "aid workers" had multiple other options to get their aid to gaza, without breaking a blockade put in place to cut support to terrorists. I dont blame israel one bit. I find it funny the amount of people who bash israel on ATS by supporting these poor gaza people. The same terrorist supporting nation who would kidnap you and cut your throat for being western. Its sad people died, but that was the aim of the boat to start with, they wanted confrontation, they got it.

Cue the Israel haters whining....

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Thats about a rap. Anyone that saw the footage can see it was a kill or be killed deal.

Looks to me like the actions of the "peace"....whatever.... were indicative of the real nature of their attitude. These folks have to use their heads if they want to be taken seriously as aid and peace workers. As it stands now they look like just another form of terrorist against the state of Isarel. You know? This isnt Ghandish or anything by a sight.

Besides if they had any real understanding of this issues and truly were there for aid and relief purposes they wouldnt let their feeling about Israel interfere with thier efforts to bring supplies into Gaza and would be open to inspections. If they smuggle in munitions, which some have done in the past under the banner of peace, then they simply jeopardize any real aid efforts.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Actually, I agree that some on board the boat had been anticipating this happening and had come prepared. But that does not make the Israeli attack any more justified and simply shows that the Israelis are either stupid, naive or both to have not expected this obvious eventuality.

Talk about naive and stupid.....trying to run a blockade in that atmosphere.

+59 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Aye,

A gang of foxes are given the go ahead to raid the henhouse...But when a couple of roosters stage a fightback, Its the chickens fault ????????

Seriously i'm done with all this BS.

Israel is a racist terrorist state and the whole world are condemning it.......Dems da facts.

trying to run a blockade in that atmosphere

A blockade that only exists in Israel's imagination, and has no legality in the real world

[edit on 4-6-2010 by ken10]

+30 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Israelis shot to kill. The American-Turkish 19 years old guy is shot by 4 wounds in the forehead. I wouldn't call that "we had no choice". neither will i call that "anti-Jewish" or "anti-Semitic" propaganda. One need not be anti Jewish or anti-Bible if you will, in order NOT TO AGREE WITH SHOOTING AT UNARMED PEOPLE, SOME OF WHICH MP, WHO BRING HUMANITARIAN AID. A gross mistake that Israeli government still doesn't find strength to apologize, rather making the things worse every next day.

If they shoot again at the new ship, that may bring a war with the nuclear armed Turkey (90 thermonuclear US bombs)

Don't say USA will defend Israel because USA won't sacrifice New york for Jerusalem. Or will they?

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Gliese581]

+57 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wow, that article contains all kinds of emotional buzz words....mercenaries, devastating, terrorists, and murderous rage.

In an article that short, the word mercenaries was used 9 times.

Who actually wrote that, a psyops unit, or the assaulter?>

Like every other crime Israel commits, they portray themselves as the victim and offer no evidence to back up their claims.

Lets see some proof people on that boat were actually "mercenaries".

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

WHAT? No evidence to back up their claim(s). Please go to this thread-watch the videos-put this article into the mix and you tell me no evidence.

Please: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I am really torn on this issue and have reserved comment until now. Was Israel wrong in sending armed soldiers onto a boat in international waters? Yes, they should have waited for it to come into their waters before they boarded it. Was the ship wrong for attempting to run the Blockade.? Yes it was, They could have set sail for an Israeli port and offloaded they aid and it would have made its way to Gaza.

But I think its time for peace there but neither side wants to budge you have HAMAS and HEZBOLLAH attacking Israel who are financed by the Iranians and rich oil barons in the Gulf and you have Israel who I think feels abandon peace won’t come until one side kills the other or Jesus comes whichever comes first.

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

This is what happens when armed men illegally board a vessel in International waters with the intention of hijacking it and abducting the passengers and cargo

So true!!! no matter how the Israeli spin doctors spin this story THEY WHERE ON INTERNATIONAL WATERS!!! you CANNOT board a ship in international waters uninvited!! its is a decleration of WAR, it is a criminal act, it is piracy, Israel is in deep dodo!!

And they will have to pay for such a crime!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I believe the truth more than any person and in this case the IDF puppet so called soldier aka terrorist, a hired for murder goon just proves they are worthless piece of @@ and wont hesitate to stoop to any level to hide their crimes.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Talk about naive and stupid.....trying to run a blockade in that atmosphere.

Talk about naive and stupid.....trying to board as peace ship in International water in that atmosphere.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thats called defending the vessel. Any mariner has a duty to protect the ship against an invading force.

You will see sailors preparing the defense when they know Somali pirates are about to board as well.

Any pics of this alleged thousands of dollars in cash that was found in their pocket? Proof they were actually mercs? One would have to be a really crappy merc not to have a rifle with you if that was your job description.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Time for some historical perspective to help us understand these events in a more familiar light...

During the Civil War, one of the key strategies for breaking the Southern resistance was to blockade supply ships and any other supply lines to the Southern states.

Out of self-interest, the South would capitulate from starvation, lack of basic necessities, etc.

It's the mainstay of a war, one that costs less lives, and leaves the option to survive as the chief motivation for stopping the war.

Better than blowing the other party off the map, it was a very effective, non-aggressive strategy, and helped to weaken the Southern resistance most effectively.

I know, because we learn about it in grade school here in the Deep South.
We all understand that it was war, and that it was and still is a standard policy of prolonged armed conflict.

Who would say that those who tried to help the Southern resistance were right, or had the right to run those blockades?

Who would argue that the South was just, and deserved to be helped and strengthened in their unjust cause?

Not me, and I'm one of those Southerners, whose ancestors suffered for what their secessionist government was doing?

My point? War is ugly, blockades are much more merciful, and where were the protests when the blockade was enacted?

Did Israel just come up with this all on its own? As if they could.

If this blockade was inhumane, then
A) All Southerners and their descendants deserve reparations from the US government, which is ridiculous;

or

B) The rest of the world has not stopped Israel from enforcing these blockades.

Where were the cries of "unjust" back when it was set up?

This whole thing is smelling more and more fishy.

Enforcing a blockade is just simple logic, and it's not possible that this flotilla was unaware of it.

If they were on a true mission of mercy, what was to gain by being armed and violent?

Kind of goes against their apparent mission, or rather their implied one.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I understand fully the tactical decision the Israelis have made to enforce this blockade, but let's be honest, the people on the boat had every right to fight just as did the commandos to defend themselves. The commandoes should never have been there in the first place. And I am tired of hearing the Israelis throw around the word 'terrorist.' they sound like 4th graders and GWB circa 2002. The orwellian newspeak around this event is mind-boggling.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I am typically against Israel, but...this time it's a little more complicated than that.

The video evidence does indeed show the other side of the story.

I tend to agree with poedxsoldiervet on this one. Both sides were wrong. And the "peace activists" were clearly provoking this type of response purposely to create more strife.

Then again, Israel was more than happy to oblige.

So both sides really do look like douches here.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DomhainGràdh
Question: How many of these threads are you going post bleating about poor Israel? Here with this blindingly obvious crock of sh...

You want us to believe the above? It's complete BS. Who are the mercenaries? They provide no evidence or names only accusations from the accused.

I am beginning to wonder if you are paid for defending these criminals, either that or you are fanatical maniac religiously defending murder.

Get a grip, what I am is anti BS and NOT anti semite. Fail.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by DomhainGràdh]

This "foaming at the mouth with hate" makes you look no better than the Israeli's you condemn.

Honestly. Evil begets evil.

If you guys had all the power in the world, nothing would change. You would merely flip Palestine and Israel's positions.

You would have no problem watching the other side suffer. This I can tell by your rhetoric's tone.

But if I had the power, I would solve this issue at it's roots. I would refrain from blaming either side or punishing them arbitrarily.

I would seek justice NOT vengeance. Revenge is what keeps this circle of hate going after all...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'm still not convinced who's really at fault because there are a few unmistakable 'moves' by both Israel and the mercenaries that could have led to violence.

1. On the part of Israel, propelling from a helicopter at night in international waters can be viewed as an attack. Although I will say that both parties agreed only one soldier repelled down first, so I'm not sure that 90 - 100 against one is really defined as an attack.

2. The fact that Turkey immediately labelled this as a massacre caused suspicion for me from the start. Not that I don't think that 9 dead people is 9 too many, but I do feel that the term 'massacre' was definitely intended to escalate an already tense situation.

3. Israel has already said that aid ships are welcome to dock, materials inspected, and then free to be shipped to Gaza. I have to wonder, if aid truly is the intent of these flotilla's, why not simply allow Israel to inspect the contents and then continue on with the humanitarian aid? I can understand not wanting to bow down to Israel's demands, but to risk bloodshed in a simple case of strong-arming seems a rather high price to pay in my opinion. The people of Gaza are supposed to be the goal, not a show of military might and/or humanitarian strong-arming.

An Israeli government official, who spoke on background because of the diplomatic sensitivity of the issue, told CNN the government is offering to receive the ship's cargo, as it has offered other vessels, if it docks at Ashdod's port.
That was the same deal rejected by the flotilla before the Israeli commandos raided one of them Monday.

As far as I can tell, there has not been an issue of Israel receiving the aid for Gaza at this port and then stealing the materials and not having it actually reach Gaza. If anyone can provide proof of that, I would be quite interested in reading it.

This does, if nothing else, provide yet another layer of perspective. Although, with tensions as high as they currently are, I don't believe either side is being 100% accurate and truthful. Too much to lose and too much to gain by everybody involved at this point.

Source: www.cnn.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join