It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2010

page: 202
<< 199  200  201    203  204  205 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Power is out over widespread areas so if you don't hear from moorfnz, try not to worry too much...I'm sure most people have more pressing things to do at this time than post on a forum!

Me, I'm a geek :/

[edit on 3-9-2010 by aorAki]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
www.geonet.org.nz...

Lake Taupo.

Ooouuh..

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Report from CNN. Shows location of Canterberry in relation to Christchurch :-(

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Gulp, that's really close.. I think Moorf will have a heck of a story to tell us when she gets here!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Christcurch is the main city, Canterbury is the Province

they are playing the Beach Boys "Good Vibrations" on Radio NZ
Its a News Station

thats not good, like playing Martial Marching Music while the Govt gets overthrown.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by muzzy]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Just turned daylight, some photos in here.

www.stuff.co.nz...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yep, our chimney is down and there are chimneys down all along the street. Have just been out checking on the old folk in the area and no one seems hurt.
I don't have a camera, otherwise I would post our damage...but a house along the street has lost one entire side...old bricks aren't too good!

Looks like one of the lights at Jade Stadium (sports arena) is on a lean.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by aorAki]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
let me gues....we are close to new moon?
i see an increase of EQ's and the size of it...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

No, its in Waning Phase 29% of Full

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Live Radio Reports here on Radio NZ _for now anyway_

click on the earphones, top left corner.

You'll know as much as anyone does.

Sounds like sewege system breakdown in New Brighton may cause evacuation there

Earlier two seperate people who were in San Francisco 1989 quake said this was stronger
Also liquification in the eastern suburbs, sand volcanos etc

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I hope that everyone is ok down there in New Zealand. It is very troubling indeed.

I think it is awesome how dedicated you all are to this thread, and my hats off to all of you for the information that is being provided here, including just about every quake this year of decent magnitude or higher, and including this bad one in New Zealand. From on the ground reporting, to the most up to date MSM reports, you all do fantastic work here!

Best of luck to those who are close to this one.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by lasertaglover]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

That is an amazing link.

Being able to hear everything live is incredible. Wow.

Cars crushed, some buildings destroyed. Possible evacuation orders might be given for sewage and flooding issues. Many bridges are unstable in the area. Casualty reports are just starting to come in. Instructions being given to boil all water, and to how to make temporary latrines.

www.radionz.co.nz...

[edit on 3-9-2010 by lasertaglover]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

Muzzy, would you please post anything major. I am not able to pull up the Radio link you posted as I am at home on this dreaded dial up

I am glad you are okay and I am glad AorAki is okay - and the rest of you that have posted. I was reading a little earlier that the was a smell of Sulfer by the Ocean? And someone from Japan said that, that happens there after larger quakes? I don't know if that would come from the earth fracturing or if it would be volcanic in nature. I will have to search that out but it might take some time on this stupid computer (note to self - be thankful that at least I have in tact house, power and phoneline at the moment).

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I did a initial map here

There are many more aftershocks to come, based on the size of magnitude, 5.2ML the largest so far. I'll revise it around lunch time (easier now I have the first map done)

USGS seem to be understating the main shock size and overstating the aftershock sizes.

annmarie, too bad you can't get the radio

re the sulphur smell, yes they have mentioned that, but it could be broken sewerage pipes. If you can see the map, see that peninsula to the right of the quakes? , that is an extinct volcano, two calderas, Lyttelton and Akaroa.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Constant aftershocks...just little tremors, but unsettling nonetheless...have just 'released the hounds' after cleaning up the broken glass and crockery...their water was the recipient of a brand new bottle of extra virgin olive oil

There is a 'foreboding' rumble before the larger shakes...

All the people in our neighbourhood are o.k. There is a brilliant neighbourhood suupport network... we still have electricity so we're a lot better off than most around...some of the damage is, well, impressive!

Looks like the end of our brick heritage!

www.stuff.co.nz...

Might have been posted earlier?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just woke up to the news of this earthquake and immediately my thoughts went to Moorf, hope we hear something soon.

Stay safe
Peace.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

That page link keeps updating with new photos.

Emergency services have rescued about 10 people from holes in the ground including a person who was trapped in a pit in River Road after the ground collapsed.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Up here in sunny Nelson we didn't feel it, but my mother-in-law awoke some 100 kms away from Christchurch with her bed knobs rattling. She hasn't had that happen for a long time!

[edit on 3-9-2010 by 21st century man]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

annmarie douwnload mediaplayer 11 it worked for me!

top topics

<< 199  200  201    203  204  205 >>

join