It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenLo

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

And to the non believers on this thread, please know that the believers are not here to diss anyone or smear bragging rights - that isn't what God is about.

Are you sure because a few postings ago that's what you seemed to be about?

*and with that he walks out of this thread of ignorance forever*

[edit on 21-9-2009 by GenLo]

C'mon GenLo - you can do better than that - sling accusations and then take off outta here.

I can't defend myself or my comments unless you let me know what you are referring to.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Melissa, keep in mind that God didn't create all of these 'religions' - mankind did.

So forget all of the different "denominations" - that was/is just another tactic that satan has used, and uses, to further separate, confuse and cause doubt among God's children.

God isn't a "religion" - He is God, period. And as these final days wind down, it will still be a choice for mankind - either God or satan.

And yes, God has been most gracious to allow us to do it 'our way' - and yep, you see where that got us.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

I just answered this in a very kind U2U someone sent, and I think it applies here too somewhat....

thank you so much. I am seeing more and more that Gods people are everywhere, mabey the only leader they need is Jesus of the Bible, and not some religion? This is one place I am stuck, need to find others, but everywhere I looked was messed up.......it is great to find people finally, even if it isn't in a building together.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
In the Bible, when the 'church' is discussed, they are talking about God's people - not a building.

There are good decent churches out there but there are also numerous that are preaching what is known as the 'feel good' type of preaching. Meaning, they aren't preaching from the Bible so much as they are only telling their members what they want to hear and what makes them feel good.

Joel Osteen is a perfect example - he is a Godly man, yes but not a very good 'from the Bible' preacher. In fact, I call him a 'Motivational Speaker' - he's great at motivating.

If you want to attend church, find a small one, in the country - not a "mega church". I used to attend a mega church and while they are very nice people there, the preachers just weren't preaching about salvation. To me, a church should preach the Bible, and hold revivals and baptisms. Isn't that what churches were made for? lol

[edit on 21-9-2009 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelhernsin

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Hiya and welcome

You know, my bible says something different. Its says the son of man is comming. Not Christ. Not the son of God. The son of man. typo?

[edit on 14-7-2009 by mrsdudara]

Jesus was a man...nothing less nothing more.
An enlightened amazing man who knew the secrets to life. BUT a man non the less.
there are countless people in history that preach the EXACT same thing.
the only difference is, the way jesus went out.
nothing more.

he walked on water and went around performing miracles. was he really just a man? please make up your mind.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
i would like to ask everyone a question. it is not original but i find it very interesting to say the least. it may sound simple but your answer will reflect so much more. the question is: would you rather rule in hell or serve in heaven?

it may sound off-topic but i assure you, it has everything to do with this post.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
There's only one ruler, Doa - and it isn't any of us.

Your question sounds more like a baited attempt at
derailing of the thread.

I'm not biting - and I encourage others not to either.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Serve in heaven.....you would not be really "serving" anyone anyways, just living happily by following the right principles and integrity, because your father in heaven takes care of you and loves you, and tells you not to worry about anything....

Ruling in hell would be a slave to controlling others and a slave to materialism....so really it is quite backwards to what you would think.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

sorry but the bible is but a story book the storys are the same as Sumerian text

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by xenchan`

Say what you will about the Bible, it's a historical account of man. Say it's a story book or just good science fiction, it doesn't matter. The foundation of the bible is living a moral life that represents the core of our existence - love.

Anything you say to discredit the bible, does not discredit the Father. Anything you say to dicredit Jesus, does not discredit his life. Anything you say to discredit religion, does not discredit personal spiritualism. Do you see the pattern? (anything you do to discredit the workings of MAN, does not discredit the workings of GOD)

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xenchan`

So using the same mentality, this would mean that our American History books are also just 'story books'?

I encourage you to actually "read" the Bible - it might help you to understand a bit more about mankind's history.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Reply to post by nomorecruelty

Don't be TOO critical of the guy. He just doesn't understand that the sumerian texts and the bible are versions of the same history.

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

Ok hold up, I want to hear more about these

"violent acts of unspeakably violent violence"

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Exactly! He did once and for all and will NOT do it again! Take it! He is infinite God and can handle anything you have got!! And then some!

God bless x

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

Ok, so say all of this sin stuff is true, and you are stood before Gods Judgement seat, and you are being judged by the 10 commandments, how would you fair?
With myself, if were i being judged this is how it would go;

Have i taken the Lords Name in vain? Yes i have, and God said He would hold NO ONE guiltless who does this.
Have i kept the sabbath holy? No
Have i stolen anything? Yes
Have i commited adultery Yes. Jesus said that to even look at someone with lust then you have commited adultery in your heart.
Have i ever bore false witness and lied? Yes
Have i ever murdered? Yes (as a soldier). Jesus said that to even harbour hatred in your heart for anyone then you are a murderer at heart.

So you see, im not doing pretty good considering that to break just one of those laws then i have broken the lot! So where am i going? To hell, do not pass go, do not collect £200!

And as the judge prenounces sentance, and i am guilty, and gives me a billion pound fine or spend the rest of my days in prison, i cant pay the fine so am lead away, someone in the public gallery offers to pay the fine for me, someone who i dont know, and someone who saw all of my crimes, and even though my offences were great, He still paid my fine so i do not spend eternity in prison. That Man is Jesus. He paid the price for my sin, He took it on Himself, and made a way back to God for me, and all i have to do is just trust!
So if all this is true then i have gained my freedom, but if not true, i still havent lost anything. I can afford to be wrong. Can you afford me to be right?
Would you bet your eternal soul on it?
Because you have indeed!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
One of the greatest mysteries is that the Bible accurately predicts the coming of Christ and that in all the history of the world Jesus is the only one to have claimed He is the Messiah. The only logical conclusion is Jesus is the Christ. The NWO is probably real and is the instrument of Satan and we ate indeed nearing the end times.

Jesus of Nazerath was a puppet, he was not the Messiah, nor was he the 'Christ'.

He was used and is still being used today...

Religion has a core of truth, but its drowning in a sea of perversions, thats the test.

Work on yourself, stop worrying about whats going on out there....For thats what keeps you imprisoned. Wasteing precious energy...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

Christ wasn't a puppet. If that was true we would all be puppets! i know i'm not a puppet but i can do things what jesus did through the holy spirit! everyone can! (E.G love!, Pray have a relationship with GOD)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by the illuminator
reply to post by Psychonaughty

Christ wasn't a puppet. If that was true we would all be puppets! i know i'm not a puppet but i can do things what jesus did through the holy spirit! everyone can! (E.G love!, Pray have a relationship with GOD)

Do not stray illuminator, for straying to far in another persons illusive tale is only straying from yourself.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

I bet my eternal soul on what I have known since the Age of Five, of which is a personal communion with the Creator Being.

And if you buy into the worthlessness of man as the message Christ brought (As in, we REQUIRED Christ to die for our sins, because we are all so useless), you haven't understood the message whatsoever.

True freedom is in knowing that no matter what you decide to do or not do, your divine spark cannot be extinguished. It is immortal and unbreakable, untaintable and immutable.

Sin does not hurt god, and does not turn god away from the sinner. Sin hurts only the sinner, and there is no greater penance than the sufferance of ones own sin. The True Love of the Divine is that which is unremovable... to be loved despite ones darkest deeds, aye, in spite of them is a humbling experience.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
reply to post by Selahobed

I bet my eternal soul on what I have known since the Age of Five, of which is a personal communion with the Creator Being.

And if you buy into the worthlessness of man as the message Christ brought (As in, we REQUIRED Christ to die for our sins, because we are all so useless), you haven't understood the message whatsoever.

True freedom is in knowing that no matter what you decide to do or not do, your divine spark cannot be extinguished. It is immortal and unbreakable, untaintable and immutable.

Sin does not hurt god, and does not turn god away from the sinner. Sin hurts only the sinner, and there is no greater penance than the sufferance of ones own sin. The True Love of the Divine is that which is unremovable... to be loved despite ones darkest deeds, aye, in spite of them is a humbling experience.

Exactly.

To the OP:

ALL religion has a core of truth, but it's floating in a sea of perversions.

The true struggle is on a personal level, that means you only can do it, do not wait for "saviours". Also accept no human intervention between you and the Divine.

The more you let beliefs such as this be your masters, the stronger you will chain yourself to this world, which is contrary to your duty.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Psychonaughty]

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join