It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School suspends boy for anti-Obama shirt

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn

School suspends boy for anti-Obama shirt

news.ninemsn.com.au

An 11-year-old boy has been suspended from school for wearing an anti-Barack Obama shirt declaring the Democrat presidential nominee as a "terrorist's best friend".

(visit the link for the full news article)

So why do we have to pick this up from an Australian news source?

It appears the US media thinks this is no big deal.

Too bad this is what we have to look forward to if we elect the Marxist candidate.

One question I have is: Did the President of Iran steal Obama's talking points for his UN speech or did Obama get his talking points from the Axis of Evil?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I learn in my country " the respect to the foreign right is THE PEACE "
In close(united) conditions(states) THEY DO NOT TEACH(SHOW) IT!!!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
reply to post by greeneyedleo

By that logic it's ok to send kids to school with Shirts saying "I Hate White People" or "I Hate Black people" because there not violence drugs or sex in it?

Then it must be ok for kids to go to school with shirts saying "My teacher drinks poo".

It's just one of those things you don't do.
Or at least wait for Obama to screw up before calling him a terrorist.
"Bush & republics attacked 9/11" would be more appropriate.

Supporting people that bombed their own citizens is not what Principals should allow all the other kids support.

When other kids see shirts like this they will support more Bush terrorism & corruption which I would hope some of these teachers have seance to teach that to the kids.

It's a school, place for kids to learn, not a place to wear whatever you want as long as theres no drugs, violence & sex.
You know how many loops hole there are around rule you just made up.
It's just common seance.

P.S.
Yeah I know im a little bias but I don't think that counts when you talking about a mass murderer vs a so far clean guy.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by buds84]

OMG, our country has become a joke. A kid cant even wear a shirt to school because its not pretty enough or because it hurts someones little feelings. We need to make dodge ball mandatory in school so our kids dont keep getting wussier. Life is not this pretty little game where nobody gets hurt.

People seem to forget that we were just going about our lives. taking care of our families, living life. Then a bunch of terrorists killed 4000 or so Americans so we went where they live (Afghanistan) and showed them that we can defend ourselves pretty well. Some people seem to forget. It isnt like we weren't fair about it. We called up the Taliban and said hand Osama over or we are going to take care of it our way and you are not gonna like the result. They refused. It was their choice.

Have we also forgot that we screwed around with Hussein for like 10 years. Every chance he got he broke the peace treaty he signed. What do you think should happen to a country who broke a peace treaty. Lets say tomorrow the Russians and the Chinese come over here and kick our teeth in and we sign a peace treaty. Then we spend the next year or two breaking it and running our mouths. Do you think they are going to just sit back and laugh. They are going to come back here and teach us a lesson. You think they are going to go out of their way to minimize civilian deaths and make any attempt at all at following the Geneva Conventions.

People against this war live in a dream world. Like somehow if we be nicer and have a little crappier standard of living everyones just going to love us and there is going to be world peace. In the real world it doesnt work that way. As soon as we show the least bit of weakness we are going to have everyone nipping at our heels. Its human nature. I agree it kinda sucks it has to be that way, but it is what it is.

What do you think would have happened in WWII if we just forgave the Japanese government for attacking our country. We would all be speaking German right now while they were hooking car batteries to our testicles.

So if some kid wants to point out that Obama's ideas on how to deal with terrorism are a tad weaker than Bushes then I say go for it. And to be honest if he wore a shirt that said JustSomeBoredDude was a terrorists best friend, I would probably just have a good laugh and ask him if he would like to play a little dodge ball
I sure as heck wouldnt go around whining about it.

Remember when we were kids? We would get in a disagreement with some other kid and then go out behind school and bust each others chops. Then the next day we would be best friends because we learned a little respect the hard way. Its just how the world works.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

you call that freedom of speech, that boy should be brought any part of Africa for proper Training,
Samuel, Ghana

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The hypocrisy on this site is amazing.

Had this guy worn a shirt slapping McCain in the face this site would have had to buy more bandwidth to handle the posts SCREAMING about freedom of speech and this kids rights etc etc yadda yadda.

Since it is an Anti-Obama shirt, you all sell out and all of a sudden its not appropriate and you find ways and excuses to justify your new viewpoint.

"Its the parents idea" "What if the shirt said this?" On and on, you scramble to create new scenarios to try and save face after you posted in thread after thread on the evils of the NWO and Police State that will mandate your lives.

Here you have a chance to stand up for what you believe in yet because the child in question was wearing an anti-Obama shirt, you swallow the Kool-aid you claim everyone else drinks daily.

Where did you stand on the "Bong hits for Jesus" case?

You had the chance to take the high road on this one peeps, instead you exposed yourself and your own real agendas.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Why do these stories make the headlines, its just nonsense, clearly like others have stated its the kids parents who have put him up to it and what do you know it has worked big time because now i know about it and i live in fu>>king Scotland, well done the parents what a scoop on the lead upto the presidential election....jesus i may even start to believe that obama is a terrorist NOT....get a life..

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say anything at anytime, anywhere.

Really? Oh, I'm sorry, I always thought that it DID mean that I can say anything I want, anywhere, at any time with the exception of falsely causing a mass panic for obvious reasons. Hmm. Who knew that when they say freedom what they really mean is..."freedom of speech...as long as it doesn't offend anyone, doesn't change anything, and doesn't jack with my perception of reality."

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

Then a bunch of terrorists killed 4000 or so Americans so we went where they live (Afghanistan) and showed them that we can defend ourselves pretty well. Some people seem to forget. It isnt like we weren't fair about it. We called up the Taliban and said hand Osama over or we are going to take care of it our way and you are not gonna like the result. They refused. It was their choice.

I can't believe in this day and age you still think Osama bombed the world trade center.
Have you been living under a rock the past 7 years?

This happend while you were sleeping: www.dailymotion.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Torsten

Well he's kind of right.
Freedom of speech means you can say whatever you want...but you can't get away with it.

Try freedom of speech on a cop or a judge in the courtroom when the odds are against you.
Freedom of speech has gotten a lot of people killed and screwed.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
However much I don't agree with the message of the shirt, I do believe that as long as it isn't offensive to any other children or staff(I don't see how it could be), it should be allowed. Now whether or not he was the instrument of his ignorant, redneck parents, that is another issue entirely.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil J
However much I don't agree with the message of the shirt, I do believe that as long as it isn't offensive to any other children or staff(I don't see how it could be), it should be allowed. Now whether or not he was the instrument of his ignorant, redneck parents, that is another issue entirely.

Wow now we have to insult his parents too do you know them? just curious any way what i see happening on this board any time either candidate is mentioned is the exact reason are government cant do crap.

When democrats try to pass bill republicans block when republicans pass a bill democrats block. God help us all we are so screwed.
People cant even talk about an issue where obviously a boys rights were trampled on with out turning this into a political debate its disgusting and sad. The boy has a right to express his political views if you like them or not. Ive seen the threads on this board things said here was no worse. You people should start worrying about whats right for your country and not what party should i give my undying support.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Rather than suspending him, they would of been better suited to explain to the child that he is not in fact a terrorists best friend, and then continue to let him wear the shirt.

If I can hear that the pledge of allegiance is under god, my eyes should be allowed to see the opinion of this kid thinking Obama is a terrorists friend...

and i support obama.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Once again our freedom of speech went out the window, If it was my kid. I would tell him to wear a big pile of poop on top of his head and say I am the president. Since they all act like they are so full of bull crap.

My 10 year old had to come up with a campaign about 3 weeks ago, and his was the best all the way around. He said I am Mister Poop and I am running for president. Vote for me vote for me. Why take the bull from the rest when you can get the best. Since I am already a big pile of Poo and I will admit it. If anyone knows how to fling poop its me. and if any one knows how to talk it its me and when it comes down to who is the biggest pile of it well I have to say I am a bit over weight. Vote for me vote for me if you want the best person vote for President poop.

Hilda

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'm wondering if he violated a dress code?
Also, Just curious but those who believe he should have been able to wear that shirt because of his Constitutional freedoms, would you still feel that way if the shirt said, "Kill all blacks" or something else equally ridiculous?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It´s a stupid small boy. I know that american peoples dont can on head of state have a negro man. But I like Obama. Obama is not bad also McCain is not can. I dont know who win. You know?

............................................................................................................
My stupid video plz watch it

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The truth behind this is that the father of the boy was involved in helping his son design this shirt for the special day. When the boy got to school many kids in the school took offense to the shirts message and lots of disruptive words were exchanged. It carried on in to the classroom.

In school in Colorado where this took place you can not wear clothes that disrupts school or others in the school. If no one cared, then the boy would have not been bothered, but others did care and so he was distruptive and the principle took the action according to school rules.

It mattered not that the boy understood what was being said or not. But he was aurgumentive back at the other kids which caused distruption and discontent at the school which was opposed to school rules.

And we must remember, kids in schools do not have the same rights that we all have otherwise because of the school environment must be orderly and quiter, so lots of givens are not allowed in schools. Kids do know this and the kid and his parent knew well the rules because they are given a rules book in Colorado that the parents and student must sign stating they have looked it over.

In this case, the parents while they are talking of taking it to court, really do not have a leg to stand on regarding this incident that took place in Colorado.

As for my own opinion, yes while people would normally have the right to free speech and such, it would seem that the shirt itself was more about making a statement leaning towards being false in nature and a bit of hate mixed in. Really not something that should be displayed at a public school now days.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join